Help with Risk spreadsheet

Re: Help with Risk spreadsheet

Bare with me as I try to explain what I would like this sheet to look like.
I've tried, but I'm not sure I succeeded... :unsure You say "help me with my betting activity", yet you mention "markets", "I don’t want to lose more than 3%", although staked 5%, and "calculate the odds where I would have to go all red"; are you sure you talk about betting, and not trading? :\ Here is my assumption what you're looking for: you trade, on betfair, on purple place or anywhere else; you back selection at some odds, staking 5% of your bank; though, if odds move against you, you want to close the trade when loss reaches 3%; am I correct? If so, I tried to make a small spreadsheet to calculate it; it's here, right click and "Save as", Excel 2003, 40 kB: www.rvasi.me/pl/excel/Risk_calc.xls In example I entered there, you backed at odds 1.50, with stake of 50 units, which is 5% of entire bank; if you allow to lose 3% of your stake (which is 1.50 units), you have to go as soon as odds drift to 1.55; but if you allow 3% of entire bank to be lost, you can let the odds increase much more - at evens (which you suggested as upper range limit), loss is only 12.50 units, which is 1.25% of the bank; if you want to extend range of the odds, just unprotect sheet, and copy formulas down; you'll find out that loss amounts to 3% of the bank (30 units) at odds of 3.75. This sheet applies to first back then lay; if opposite, another one need to be made, but I'm not sure if it's what you look for...

Re: Help with Risk spreadsheet Wow froment thanks very much for all that effort mate. I am probadly not explaining myself to good but let me try with this example. Lets say I put 50 euro on at odds of 1.5 on betfair ( 5 % of Bank ). Its a two selection market and the odds have went against me. I want to know at what point in the market means that I will be 3% all red on both selections. So I have 25 euro green from my initial entry into the market so I can reduce this side by 55 euro ( the 25 green plus 30 which is the 3 % ). So the other selection is 50 euro red at the moment so I need to get it to 30 euro red using the above 55 euro. Does any of that make sense. Sorry if I am being confusing and wasting your time. Many Thanks again

Re: Help with Risk spreadsheet No problems, mate, you don't waste my time; from your description, I think my assumption was correct, and spreadsheet is what you're after; let's clarify: You have market with two selections, selection 1 and selection 2; you back selection 1 at odds 1.50 with stake 50 units; so, situation is this: Selection 1: +25.00 (commission not included) Selection 2: -50.00 You want to find out at what odds to lay, in order to have this: Selection 1: -30.00 Selection 2: -30.00 That's what I calculated in the spreadsheet from my first post: range of odds from 1.01 to evens is not enough, expand it beyond evens, and you will find this value, 3%, at odds of 3.75, with appropriate stake 20 units; so, you will lay at odds of 3.75 with 20 units, and you will have red of 30 units accross the field. Let's see: if selection1 wins, you win those 25 units from back bet, but lose 20*(3.75-1) = 55 units liability on lay bet; so, total -30 units; if selection 1 loses, you win 20 units from lay bet, but lose 50 units back stake, which is again 30 units.

Re: Help with Risk spreadsheet Froment or anybody else that can help I was wondering could I bother you again. Say Player A is trading @ 1.43 on betfair in a two selection market and presuming the over round is 100%. What Maths formula can I use to work out what player B is trading out? Many thanks for any help and sorry if I am being a pain. Paul290603 :unsure