** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Rugby - Baabaas v NZ

Anyone here got any thoughts on the Barbarians vs NZ game tomorrow? I am a bit loathe to bet on what is essentially an exhibition game but I am quite tempted by the 2.54 which is currently available on the BaaBaas on betfair. Australia have impressed me in recent times and I feel that if Matt Giteau gets some decent ball at fly half then he could really boss this game, especially if it opens up a bit as is to be expected. Another plus point for the Baabaas is that they shouldn't be as disorganised as they normally are with so many Australians in the team. Players like Schalk Burger and Justin Marshall will add a massive amount to the Barbarians, and when you compare then to their opposite numbers then there is a real gulf in class. I would also venture that the Baabaas' players have had more experience of top class international rugby in this Autumn Series. The only thing which puts me off really is the strength of the NZ bench, everyone there can make an impact and someone like Rokocoko could have a field day in an open game. Let us know what you think? It'd be good to get a regular rugby crowd on here as I think there is some decent money to be made, especially with people bouncing their opinions around on here. Edit: Have decided to go for Baabaas at 2.66 on betfair. Fingers crossed!

Re: Rugby - Baabaas v NZ Cymro Welcome aboard. Just left a message for Rowdy under the Internationals 26/27th November thread along the same lines of wanting to get some good Rugby Union posts started. Personally don't expect to have a lot to say until Super12 kicks off in Feb next year but do pop on-line most weeks. In regard to the Baabaas match I am staying clear of it. Henry has made the right decision IMO to field a 2nd string side in that the result will have little impact on morale from last weeks win going into next season if they lose. Saying that I struggle to see what motivation the Baabaas players have to put their bodies "on the line", correct me if I'm wrong but the players turning out for them are just after the coin which the pocket no matter the result (cynical I know). With the AB's the second stringers will be out to impress to be in the mix for next years squad to face the Lions. I would expect them to have too much organisation and pattern after 4 weeks in camp and as you alluded to a strong bench to call on if required. I believe the AB's running away with it is the most likely result but it is called gambling for good reason and I'm not parting with any wedge myself on this. Good luck with your bet. Cheers CK

Re: Rugby - Baabaas v NZ Hey guys!! Good to c there is a bit of a following on Rugby here eh! Cheers for the reply in the other thread too Kane. Think I mentioned in a previous post that I was a Kiwi, but find myself in Japan at the moment, and unfortunatley the coverage of Rugby insnt great, but Ill make do with what I can get. Good call on the Baabaas game there as well!! Stayed away myself too due to the nature of Baabaas games, but was very impressed all the same with the AB performance. Anyway lookn 4ward to the S12!! Cheers