Flat racing Monday 25th October

3:20 Southwell: Rascal In the Mix 1pt win 16/1 Victor Chandler & Royal Holiday 1pt win 7/1 Boylesports Southwell with its unique surface can sometimes produce some strange results and horses either act very well on it or not at all. Rascal In the Mix has only run once at Southwell but stayed on quite pleasingly on debut over shorter than today. Has an American pedigree and reunited with Amy Ryan could pop up at a decent price. Royal Holiday has rock solid Southwell form and while higher in the handicap, could well improve again for the surface and go close here.

Re: Flat racing Monday 25th October 3.20 Southwell Stef and Stelio looks a big price to cash in on a falling mark and return to handicaps. Lacked inspiration last couple of the starts in sellers but a repeat of his 2nd in a claimer 3 starts ago was a good run and would give him a chance, yard in good form and now 15lb lower than when running a second over 7f at this course last october and could be really well handicapped currently. 0.25pt e/w Stef and Stelio 16/1 sj 4.20 Southwell Looks wide open this contest and I am gonna side with 2 of them! Bivouac loves it around here having won 4 times from 9 runs and won well enough last time round here off a 7lb lower mark and then went on to run out a decent second at Wolverhampton off a 2lb lower mark which would suggest he is in brilliant heart at the moment. The other I like the look of is Lucky Punt who is another that has a fantastic record around here with 5 wins from 8 around here and ran out too good placed effort over CD in spring off a 6lb higher mark, since then has been away from southwell and connections were very quick to drop him into claimers but now finds himself returned to southwell on his last winning mark, and could easily go on agan this winter in my opinion. 0.75pt win Bivouac 9/2 vc 0.25pt win Lucky Punt 15/2 corals 4.50 Southwell Handicaps dont get much more desperate than this one. But it is interesting L Comer brings over one runner for this card (Although has another entered at Wolves on Thursday) and it being a desperate ow grade maiden runner with no form whatsoever and hasnt run for over a year but has the first time blinkers also fitted and useful apprentice taking the ride claiming a further 3lb off. 0.25pt e/w Miss Red Eye 25/1 vc 2.10 Kempton Shallow Bay is the horse in the field that is open to a lot more improvement than any of the others and was a good 3rd last time out on handicap debut in a much stronger race than this and should find this a much easier task off a 1lb higher mark and debut on AW for a yard in good form. 1pt win Shallow Bay 9/4 corals 4.10 Kempton Charlie Smirke did nothing but frutrate me last winter I was convinced he wasnt ungenuine like his form line suggested at one point and once he finally got his head infront he scored again, switched to turf and dont very little but signs of a return to form last time out at Wolverhampton when staying on late, Moore always a positive booking for his father. 0.5pt e/w Charlie Smirke 7/1 sj 5.10 Kempton Belle Boleyn entered my notebook at Brighton a couple months ago when clearly not handling the track but ran on strongly after being detached, flopped next time at yarmouth but bounced back when only going down by head at Lingfield over this trip, quickly up 4lb for that effort and finds herself on same mark as back at Brighton so might not be as harsh as it first looks, much better drawn today than was at lingfield and could easily make her presence felt. 0.5pt e/w Belle Boleyn 12/1 hills

Re: Flat racing Monday 25th October Leicester 3.30 EXTRATERRESRIAL Currently rated 87 but has previously won of a Mark of 95. Ran well lto at York despite finishing 7th. The trip is not a problem and has performed on soft- heavy ground in the past. His previous runs have been against horses rated 85-100, 90-100 and 92-104 but today the best he will be up against is rated 89. The drop in grade should help him get back to winning ways

Re: Flat racing Monday 25th October LAAJOOJ 2.40 Kempton. 1 point lay. Unknown quantity and been backed this morning as if defeat is out of the question. However, I strongly believe that the money has snowballed and the price will drift nearer the race. Will apparently make up into a decent horse, but will also need time. Several others are expected to go well in this and so at the odds of around 13/8 you can only oppose. I'll let him win at that price.

Re: Flat racing Monday 25th October

5.10 Kempton Belle Boleyn entered my notebook at Brighton a couple months ago when clearly not handling the track but ran on strongly after being detached, flopped next time at yarmouth but bounced back when only going down by head at Lingfield over this trip, quickly up 4lb for that effort and finds herself on same mark as back at Brighton so might not be as harsh as it first looks, much better drawn today than was at lingfield and could easily make her presence felt. 0.5pt e/w Belle Boleyn 12/1 hills
You really think this can beat the fav?

Re: Flat racing Monday 25th October 4:50 Southwell: Best Known Secret 2pts win 13/2 Bet365 Seem to remember Hugh Taylor saying that horses by Captain Rio have a good record at Southwell. (No time to check that - so this could be 100% wrong - and prove why bets should be fully researched!!) Few miles on the clock and looks as though needs 6F.

You really think this can beat the fav?
Did say it would beat the fav at all mate read what I wrote I felt she could 'make her presence felt' the fact she didnt is obviously a disappointment but I felt she was a value e/w bet against a short priced favourite that I wasnt interested in backing at the prices for all it won well! Remember horse racing is all about opinions ;)!

Don't favs get beat? Think the fanshaw horse might be significant, around 10s at moment. Fanshaw is 7 or 14 in past fortnight, hayley rides rather than dingdong's.
Of course they do it was just a question matey :unsure I strongly fancied the fav and just wondered what chris34's thought were that's all ;)