Learning again Challenge

Dodger

Having recently slipped into very bad habits and playing like a lunatic I've decided to start from scratch yet again. OK then, shoving just £10 into stars and targetting solely the $3 No Limit Omaha Hi/Lo games...a game that I know I can beat. However got totally into the habit of, after pulling together a few cashes I step up to $6 where I hold my own then up to $16 where I get my ass kicked. Going to me Mams on Monday (no internet) for the week so I have three days to read strategy guides while sticking to the game that I love best, at a stake that seems to attract a lot of bad players. (Yeh, I know! I'm in there so...point proven!) So here goes... Starting Bank $14.48 (I know that is a ridiculously low starting point but I will have a decent bank to play with late October and I need to get back to winning ways without risking too much) Game 1 started now.

Re: Learning again Challenge {18 player games paying 1234} Game 1 Maybe strategy guides should have come first...just called a raiser with my inferior full house...gotta stop that crap! Out in 12th. Game 2 Out in 7th, calling a big raise late on with A23Q, double suited, was just fine. No low coming was dismal, but at least the call was the right one. I rarely get huffed when I make the right move but it doesn't work out...what really pisses me off is making the moves that are quite clearly bad moves, then looking for excuses to account for my failing bankroll... ostrich-head-In-Sand.jpg ;) Game 3 An early call of an all in again with A23(8) double suited, put me into the game. Just ran out of steam. 4th place at least puts a few coppers back in. Game 4 Poor 6th place. Playing a little too tight. Just got to find the right balance. Game 5 Abysmal 8th. Out of funds £10 deposit again. Balance now at $18.73

Re: Learning again Challenge Game 6 dying a death here down in 13th place!...then a good break for lunch and a walk...and a good think about less important things like why do men have nipples ? and what is the meaning of life ?...then back to the job in hand... Game 7, close but no coconut, bubbled in 5th place. Game 8 7th Game 9 8th Game 10 17th With $1.86 left it's down to a $1.75 game then hopefully I can gain some useful information from the hand histories for these games. First thoughts are that I went from lunatic to tightwad, sticking too hard to the ''play only if an Ace'' rule. Also, when sitting with a good hand, allowed too many to be priced in to outdraw me.

Re: Learning again Challenge

Good luck :hope What books you reading about Omaha? was thinking of learning this game :ok
No books, just strategy guides from Google. PokerPlayer has some archived articles but there is loads of advice available out there. Think a lot of my problems are coming from lack of confidence and hopefully the upcoming break will help.