Total goals

Chris49

All bets will be on total goals market. Going to start with 10 units and if successful will bank some of the profit along the way. First bet. There will be a least 1 goal scored in the game between Newcastle and Din Tbilisi. Odds 1.06 before commission at Betfair. Stake 10 units This will either be a very short thread or hopefully an extremely long one.

Re: Total goals Hi Dzordz i'm not aware of any other bookmakers that offer this type of bet i'm afraid. The only thing I can suggest is putting a post in the General Chat section. If there are any Bookmakers offering this bet someone will know. Your also more likely to reach more viewers in there...... unless of course I am incredibly successful.:rollin Thanks for taking an interest and good luck with your bets.

Re: Total goals Good luck Chris and welcome to the board! I have often considered this approach. It's an all or nothing scenario but if you can build up enough momentum with your picks you can double up your bank after ten to twelve correct selections. How far do you plan to take this? What are the reasons for your picks? I tried it myself and got up to about 3 games before selecting the Man City v Spurs game live on TV, both teams were conceeding and scoring left, right and centre. It duly finished 0-0 !!! I guess I'm just saying - be careful mate. Football is a strange game at times. Danny ed: Palace v Arsenal 1.05 ??? ;)

Re: Total goals Thanks very much for the welcome Danny. I'm hoping to bet a percentage of my bank if I get a long enough run to at least double it. No real secret as regards picks just games that I feel wont end up 0-0 I've had quite a bit of success with this type of bet for a while now but as you point out there is always the suprise result that can hit you. Although the odds are awful I'm going to take at least one goal in the Palace vs Arsenal game at 1.04 I just can't see this finishing 0-0:hope Stake 10.57

Re: Total goals BEFORE YOU BET CHRIS!! .. ... you can always lay 0-0 on the correct score market @ 15.00 This comes out at about 1.066 ? Cheers Danny :ok Edit: Whoops, we've been playing for 11 mins. . hahaha!!! Maybe a thought for the future if the price is a bit shabby. Sorry!

Re: Total goals Thanks for all the advice. This type of betting is still relatively new to me so I do appreciate your input. Now I'm settled for the night and can stay in front of my comp I quite fancy betting on the Barcelona and Juventus games. As both are in running on Betfair will watch with interest to see if better odds can be taken in play. Will bet a percentage of bank though so I don't lose the lot. Looking at the stats there should be goals in both games. Current state of play. Palace vs Arsenal 1-1 New Bank 10.97 Won 2 Lost 0

Re: Total goals Chris well done with yesterday's selection. :clap Are you considering the game in Manchester today? The last time these two drew a blank was before the Premiership started in November 1991 !!! At 1.06 I think it's a good 'un. Cheers Danny

Re: Total goals Yes I'm as gutted as you are mate. A goal in the opening five minutes looked a certainty. What can you learn from this? Maybe the abscence of Van Noselroy and Giggs were the major factors? Maybe derby matches are a no-no? Bounce back. Don't give up. Start again with a new bank, maybe increase it to 15 points to recover some losses?? You can do it. Danny

Re: Total goals Well it wasn't to be and thankfully it happened while my bank was still very small. I need to have a look at this as I am starting to lean towards laying the "at least one goal" in live matches. This is a complete turnaround I know but watching the markets this weekend has really opened my eyes to this type of betting. I didn't see the Man Utd game due to work so I don't how unlucky the bet was. This thread isn't dead but I need to look at it a little more. Thanks for taking an interest.