Aussie Corner 9/10/11 April

Guest Citizen Kane

Guest Citizen Kane

First set back for a while with 0/2 last week. Once more into the breech ....... Super12 Blues 1.20 Bulls 4.25 Margin 15.5 Stating the obvious but the Blues have to win this if they’re to make the top 4 and defend their title. Bulls poor travelers and only hope would be a wet miserable day. If that is the case I would look closely at Bulls 15.5 but will leave until closer to game time. Brumbies 1.20 Highlanders 4.25 Margin 15.5 The big question is how disruptive to the Brumbies preparation has been the news that coach Nucifora is sacked at the end of the season ? How the Brumbies react to this is too difficult to call so will be leaving this game alone. Reds 1.80 Stormers 1.95 No Margin Reds have been disappointing all year and the game last week was one of the worst displays by both teams I have seen for a while. Reds will be looking to put a good “home†performance in and with the Stormers coming off a bye and travelling would favour them here. Is 1.80 value ? I would have priced the Reds at 1.65/1.70 so perhaps. Cats 2.35 Chiefs 1.55 Margin 4.5 I thought the Cats looked like they were improving last week against the Sharks (42-28) and at home for the first time under their new coach Chester Williams I believe they could take this. The Chiefs battled to a good win for them at the Highlanders last week (36-31) but once again the standard in this game was ordinary (and that’s been kind). Chiefs have lost Willis for the season whom I believe has added huge solidity to their forwards and they will miss him no matter how much they talk this down. Putting this with the long travel I am taking the Cats HTH as if the Chiefs did get up they would cover the margin IMO. Sharks 2.25 Crusaders 1.60 Margin 3.5 The Sharks may be over confident here. They are in a good position with 5 home games to go but may suffer from “we have already made the top 4†which of course they haven’t. Unfortunately this has already been priced into the odds IMO as I thought we might have got close to evens for the Crusaders here. The Crusaders have a good record in South Africa so expect them to edge this but don’t see value in the 1.60 or margin. Bets for the weekend: Cats HTH @ 2.35 (already on) Bulls 15.5 @ 1.87 (if wet, will try and post weather report prior to game) Good luck to all. CK

Guest Citizen Kane

Super12 Sharks score v Cats last week was 42-28 for those interested. Don't know how that the icon replaced the 8 in the previous post. Four hours out from the Blues v Bulls game the weather is a lot more settled than it has been this morning. Forcast is for it to continue to clear so conditions could be good. Still feel that the Blues are going to cut loose against someone so personally will not be taking on the 15.5pt margin either way.