Best bet of the day 10th July (Friday)

1:30 - Newmarket. Crackdown seems to have solid claims in this race despite carrying topweight. The M Johnston trained colt is from a dam who was a good miler at 3 years old. He has been placed over 6f and won over 7f and a mile, so speed shouldn't be a problem and acts on the ground. Made a winning re-appearance before coming 11th in the Britannia stakes at Ascot - though he was only 6l off the winner that day. After having the benefit of this run he came 2nd by a head in last weeks Coral Challenge at Sandown. Horse is in good form, brought here in timely fashion and has the speed to utilise in his bid to get to the front. (more detail in the Newmarket thread). :hope

Re: Best bet of the day 10th July (Friday) As i will not be around for the early part of the day i will put this up now. Newmarket 2.35 Captain Brilliance @ 4/1 I honestly feel this is a special animal, we saw Canford Cliffs win by a street last month i do not put this horse in the same category but i certainly feel he is something special. Owned by the BRL Syndicate who also own King oF Dixie who won the Criterion stakes last year plus 4 other horse in training with William Knight and John Dunlop with four of their five showing promise with wins on the board and this is trained by Jeremy Noseda. Has shown a liking to Newmarket with two wins and a second. Won on his handicap debut over CD when beating Thunderball by just over 2L. my main concern a little is Draw 1, but if he gets out and sticks to the rails like glue to guide him home, this could be all over inside the final furlong, Johnny Murtagh rides the horse for the second time after winning on him on his maiden win over 6f here.

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.