Taking advantage of odds on

I collect various data from various systems that i trial at any given type, all with the aim of noticing a trend over a given period of time. Recently i have been focusing on the value of odds on horses, not in backing them, but in laying those around them. Here are some stats ive found: In the last 65 non-handicap races (not including weekends) where an odds on horse has ran it has only won 36 times, so around 55% of the time, but this is not where the value is. During these 65 races the 2nd favourite only won 8 times, at an average price of 7/2, meaning if the 2nd favourite was layed a 37pt profit would have been achieved during this period. I often find that when there is an odds on favourite it will either win, or a highly priced outside horse wins. The 2nd favourite rarely seems to get a look in. Also worth noting is that this profit increases dramatically if the next best 3 from the favourite are layed. Therefore i am going to be running a trial system using these stats. There will be two banks of 100pts. The first bank will lay the 2nd fav, and the other bank will lay the next best 3. This will be for non-handicap flat racing only. I will more than likely begin the trial next week, but any comments beforehand will be appreciated.

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.