Darts: Premier League Week 5

Thursday 5 March 2009Player 1 Tie Player 2 bookmakers margin on the event. However, they do not take account of commissions that may be charged.">BPP
Klaasen, J v Wade, J (19:00GMT)7.006.501.40101.10 %Details »
Hide « Klaasen, J v Wade, J
Taylor, P v King, M (20:00GMT)1.357.208.00100.46 %Details »
Hide « Taylor, P v King, M
Mardle, W v van Barneveld, R (21:00GMT)8.007.501.32101.59 %Details »
Hide « Mardle, W v van Barneveld, R
Part, J v Jenkins, T (22:00GMT)3.605.501.83100.51 %Details »
Hide « Part, J v Jenkins, T
after being away last week preventing me form posting i am back for this weeks round of games. KLAASEN 7/2 v WADE 2/5 after failing to see last weeks action i am going in slightly blind but i like to think i know enough about this game to give decent tips, as we know Wade finally vanquished the power last week both were over 100 avg quite sensational, and much as i hate seeing wade win i have to say that he should see off klaasen easily in this one, the dutchman has struggled to find his feet in this event and its already looking like him or mardle for the wooden spoon, so i have to take wade for this one im going 8-4 or 8-2. TAYLOR 2/9 v KING 6/1 TIE 6/1. well this should be game for the tournament so far, the power takes on the man who is King by name and definatley king by nature in this PL, he has proved that he can handle the whole lot ,touring, crowds, format with no apparent weakness, however this should be his toughest test yet Taylor is on the back of two wins last weekend in germany and also is licking his wounds from the wade beating last week and as we know Taylor is the classic wounded animal, for me this has to be a tie and the price of 6s is crazy, how taylor can be so short too baffles me,these two would be happy with a point apiece and can't see past 7-7 MARDLE 6/1 v BARNEVELD 2/9, barney has shwon no consistency at all this term two defeats and a draw and win is what ehe has to show for himself hardly a glowing record for a five times world champ, up against a still smarting mardle who got a mother and father of a pasting from part last week, and this signals a win for barney Mardle is notorious for his head going down if not playing well and he could be on the end of another beating here, wayne has shown nothing his usual strength is his scoring but he has only six 180s so far, with barney nearly three time that number, this has to point to a barney win, for me and with a bit to spare 8-4 or 8-2. PART 7/4 v JENKINS 5/6 TIE 4/1. these two are on form part has only lost once to King and the other games has thrown as well as we have seen for a long time, as for the bull 3 draws and one defeat, and every game going to 14 legs, both have similar strengths though part the slightly better finisher for me with jenks slightly better scorer, the tie HAS to be backed with 5 of the 8 games these two have participated in ending all square.

Re: Darts: Premier League Week 5 Have updated the 1st post with the prices for the week. I'm going with 2 bets. 3pts Over 24 180's 6/4 Stan James I quite like the way the matches are lined up this week and think we'll get 25 180's. We got 28 in total last week and that was with a game that ended 8-1. I'm not so sure we're going to get any walkovers this week. Most of the players were in Germany over the weekend to keep themselves ticking over and I would expect a pretty decent standard. There's a couple of games which look like 180 fests and this line could get battered into in the 1st couple of matches. We've got a good match to end the night with as well so I think we'll go over the 24 target in Newcastle this week. 4pts J.Wade (-3.5 legs) to beat J.Klaasen 11/10 Stan James James Wade has suddenly hit top form again and that could spell danger for Klaasen in this match. Klaasen got a couple of wins under his belt over the weekend but he's not shown any of the form which earned him a wild card so far in this event and the pressure will probably mount on him not only in terms of the league table but the expectation on him to prove he was worthy of the wildcard. James Wade is ticking along nicely now and will take a lot of stopping. You know when Wade is playing well by his finishing. When he's on he usually threatens the ton plus checkouts if not pin them. He's doing that now. You can take the -2.5 at cramped odds but for Wade to win 8-5 he'd have to break twice anyway so if he breaks twice and the match then goes with throw he'll win 8-4 which covers this handicap.

Re: Darts: Premier League Week 5 Wade -3.5 legs 11/10 sj 10 pts Wade has woken up. He had been very inconsistent for a while but he has picked up now. Stunning Barney with 6 legs on the trot and averaging an unreal 120 in that period. Then he beat Taylor last week and it was not as if it was a poor Taylor either. A similar level of performance against Klaasen and the Dutchman could be blown over. You never know with Klaasen because he is so erratic, one week rubbish barely 80 average, next week he could do a 100 average but Wade has played so well lately it might not matter. Wade for me to win this with 2 breaks within 12 legs. Barney -3.5 legs 5/6 sj 10 pts Barney notched up his first win last week and I see another here and an easy one at that in truth. Barney wasnt playing badly in the first 3 weeks, just running into the odd performance. Now he has a win under his belt and a good one in a high quality match against Jenkins, he should go from strength to strength and he is ruthless enough to beat up Mardle here. Mardle once again has been poor in the league and just is not in Barney's class. Barney is going to have to really come off his game and Mardle rasie his (which he can do when perhaps not expected too) for Barney not to win this for me. I cant really see that happening and believe Barney gets a couple of breaks here to win this 8-4 at the worst. Jenkins 5/6 lad 10 pts Jenkins has been a bit unlucky in this league for me. He finds himself winless but has produced some very good darts at times. He has shown consistent averages; all mid to late 90s+ and the last two weeks near 100 (last week it was over 100 in his first defeat.) In Part he faces a game that he should be thinking as a good opportunity to notch a win. It wont be easy because Part has played some ok darts at times in the league, indeed he has only lost once. However Im not convinced he has always played that consistently well, certainly not like Jenkins has and the averages give an indication of that. Indeed Part hasnt averaged Jenkins' worst average in any of his games.Jenkins should outscore Part here and if he hits his doubles then I think he wins this.

Re: Darts: Premier League Week 5 Tough looking week this week to find any real value, and only one bet stands out for me: Taylor v King: Total Legs Odd/Even - Odd @ 11/10 William Hills Despite King's start to the Premier League campaign I don't think you'd find many who'd dispute the fact The Power is still favourite for this clash. That said, odds of 2/9 are prohibitive for betting purposes. I looked at the 4/7 available for Taylor giving up 2.5 legs, but the best bet I could find was for there to be an Odd number of legs. This, historically, would happen in the main when the 'home' player wins the match. At odds against, this is going to be my only serious punt tomorrow.

Re: Darts: Premier League Week 5 Mardle v Barneveld Selection Barneveld -3.5 legs 4-5 paddypower Barneveld hit form last week against an ever consistent Terry Jenkins maintaining an 106.5 average, the week before he avergae 103 despite losing to the brillant James Wade. Wayne Mardle is just awful at the moment can't seem to get his game going in the last three weeks he has lost two games 8-1. His best average in the league has been 88. Barneveld needs to win to make a move up the league and will have no mercy on Mardle tonight. Barneveld is a great bet even at the handicap to demolish Mardle i'm thinking 8-2, 8-3, GET ON!

Re: Darts: Premier League Week 5

Tough looking week this week to find any real value, and only one bet stands out for me: Taylor v King: Total Legs Odd/Even - Odd @ 11/10 William Hills Despite King's start to the Premier League campaign I don't think you'd find many who'd dispute the fact The Power is still favourite for this clash. That said, odds of 2/9 are prohibitive for betting purposes. I looked at the 4/7 available for Taylor giving up 2.5 legs, but the best bet I could find was for there to be an Odd number of legs. This, historically, would happen in the main when the 'home' player wins the match. At odds against, this is going to be my only serious punt tomorrow.
gah :wall 2 darts at x16 to win the bet in the complete opposite way to how I imagined :wall

Re: Darts: Premier League Week 5

On the plus side we've had 18 180's so far and the 2 biggest 180 scorers so far have still to play :loon.
...I think this is called counting your chickens... ...and inevitably leads to this...
18 180's in the 1st 2 matches. The last two matches have the 2 highest 180 scorers in them and what happens? 3 and 2 :wall:wall.
:lol

Re: Darts: Premier League Week 5 It was a night for those weren't it!? :eek I'm so glad I stayed away because I would have been on Wade, Taylor and van Barneveld all to win. Taylor throws away a 4-1 lead (credit to King though apart from that nasty business when he was throwing darts at the board when Taylor was just underneath it picking his darts up) and van Barneveld throws away a 3-1 lead (I suppose credit's due for Mardle for not giving up). Klaasen could call himself unlucky not to nick a draw but he'll probably be duking it out with Terry Jenkins, Wayne Mardle and at this rate Raymond van Barneveld to avoid being in eighth place in seven weeks time.