Darts: Premier League Week 3

T.JENKINS 12/1 vTAYLOR 1/9 for me the only stick on bet of the night, has to be the power to win, he seems to have an indian sign over the bull who can't seem to overcome the power on tv. the only glimmer being that Taylor did'nt look good for the first 3-4 lrgs last week and was avg in the 80s, all that will have done is made taylor practice harder if thats possible. this could be a 180s fest both having hit 10 each in just two games so far as mentioned previously i have Jenkins for the handicap 180s market with him having a +12 head start i will list the standings eat the endo of this post. BARNEVELD 4/9 v WADE 7/2, draw 5/1. well is there going to be needle here i hope so, Wade was consistently encroaching in the exclusion zone in the PC while Barney was slowing it down in return, as i said last week Wade needs to be "gripped up a bit" as we say in NE scotland! and was great to see him get a bloody nose from King last week, the fans will be on Barneys side (arent the always) and wade had shown signs of the crowd getting to him, however 50% of the PL games this season have been draws and i see this being the same and the odds are very tempting Barney is playing well, and wade has to wake up eventually . KING 8/13 v PART 5/2. DRAW 9/2. this is going to be close on paper King is favourite, but Part is showing signs of the form expected from a three time world champ, i thought his performance last week under such hostile environment, ( the first time ive heard john booed) was superb. King has won both his games and only dropped two legs , outstanding. yhough i feel he is going to find it tougher against Part, this has the makings of a classic and i have a niggling feeling that Part might edge this, i know conroversial, but this could also be a draw. KLAASEN EVE v MARDLE 8/5. im taking the dutchman here regardless of his thumping by taylor, which everyone else will have to endure so that means nothing. both sitting on a point each after each drew with Terry Jenkins, but my reasoning here is that Klaasen plays better against faster players that would explain his poorer performance against taylor who is probably the slowest player on show, while wayne is like a box of chocolates you never know what your going to get, 180s HANDICAP current totals with handicap in brackets. JENKINS (+12) 22 MARDLE (+19) 21 PART (+14) 19 KING (+14) 18 TAYLOR (+1) 11 KLAASEN (+5) 9 BARNEY (SCR) 8 WADE (+6) 8

Re: Darts: Premier League Week 3

Thursday 19 February 2009Player 1 Tie Player 2 bookmakers margin on the event. However, they do not take account of commissions that may be charged.">BPP
Jenkins, T v Taylor, P (19:00GMT)15.5011.001.14103.04 %Details »
Hide « Jenkins, T v Taylor, P
van Barneveld, R v Wade, J (20:00GMT)1.536.504.80101.44 %Details »
Hide « van Barneveld, R v Wade, J
King, M v Part, J (21:00GMT)1.666.004.00101.67 %Details »
Hide « King, M v Part, J
Klaasen, J v Mardle, W (22:00GMT)2.006.003.1098.92 %Details »

Re: Darts: Premier League Week 3 Barneveld -2.5 legs 1.8 wh 10 pts Barney has the throw here and that means that he needs just one break to cover this handicap. Of course finding such a break isn’t easy as last week proved against Part but he showed last week he is playing well enough. At times he was scintillating especially on his own throw, he just couldn’t quite do it against the throw and also credit to Part for defending his throw. A lot of this match is about what Wade turns up? If it is the Wade of last week (who has shown up lots of times in the last 4 months) then Barney wins this easy. However Wade is capable of raising his game after his dismal display last week and he did something similar against barney in the worlds in defeat. However I just still think that Barney will be too strong even if a better Wade turns up and with just one break of throw needed to cover the handicap (as long as the break doesn’t come in the 14th leg), I like the look of Barney -2.5 legs. King -2.5 legs 2.1 boy 10 pts A similar kind of bet to the first one. A player throwing first -2.5 legs and what it means is that if he gets one break more than his opponent (as long as the deciding break does not come in leg 14) than he covers the handicap. On the form showed in the last two years and the last two nights King is more than capable of covering this. He has been in blinding form even if some of his opponents haven’t quiet turned up against him. In Part he faces a player who has two draws so far and he has played well in parts (excuse the pun). However only in parts and not through the whole match, there has still been a lot of loose darts from part which still shows he isn’t bang on his best at all yet. For example on his throw last week he was good yet against barney throw I doubt he would have averaged 80 and King especially if he is in the form of recent weeks, will pounce on that. King for me with a bit of ease.

Re: Darts: Premier League Week 3 Tonight's efforts: Jenkins v Taylor: The handicap sees Taylor giving up a 4.5leg start, which is no real value given Taylor is throwing second tonight. But then neither would I be rushing to back Jenkins +4.5 at a best price 10/11. I do think The Power will win, and am going to split stakes between the two most likely margins - imo. Taylor 8-2 (6.00 var) and Taylor 8-4 (7.00 Ladbrokes) [FYI that Ladbrokes price of 6/1 for 8-4 is out of line with most of the rest of the industry - some go as low as 7/2. Indeed on Betfair it trades at <6/1] Barneveld v Wade: Tricky tie, both yet to win and Wade was crushed by Merv last week. Will he be eager to bounce back and show he is better than that (as we know) or will he be licking his wounds? Last seasons clashes finished in 2 x 8-6 wins for Barney in the League stage, before Wade took revenge with an 11-8 Semi Final win. That would suggest that taking Wade +2.5legs would be the sensible bet, but given that Barney has the darts so any win is likely to cover that handicap, I am making this tie a no bet. King v Part: Debutant Merv could hardly have got his Premier League career off to a more impressive start, with a pair of 8-1 thrashings to his name so far. This is only Part's second time in the League, and he came bottom last year, but he has also started solidly - holding the 2nd and 3rd favourites (Barney and Wade) to draws. It would seem, at this early stage, that the format suits Mervyn King - and the boisterous crowds aren't affecting him as it was thought they might. For that reason, and the fact the handicap is set at him giving up 2.5legs, I am making my selection the Englishman to cover the handicap King -2.5legs (2.10 Boylesports) Klaasen v Mardle: Another debutant in Jelle Klaasen, whilst Mardle is in his 4th Premier League and has yet to qualify for the latter stages. Both men have a draw with Jenkins to their name so far, with both suffering heavy defeats in their other game. Mardle produced a brilliant 160 checkout in the final leg last week to claim his draw. The layers make Klaasen the favourite here, but the -1.5 handicap mark is pointless if you fancy the Dutchman to win. I think it is going to be nip and tuck, and I am going with either player to win by 1 break. Klaasen 8-5 (7.00 Bet365) and Mardle 8-6 (7.50 var)

Re: Darts: Premier League Week 3 I can't say I have an in depth knowledge of darts but I am really keen on Mervyn King at 4/6 tonight. Part may have got a draw last week but his averages so far are way behind. King has hammered Mardle and Wade, I know neither played particularly well but King really does look a class above Part to me. The crowds are not fazing him at all and he does seem a player that can start throwing top darts right from the off. As I said, I am not really a darts bettor but was expecting 1/2 top price that sort of area for Mervyn 'The King' King and 4/6 seems more than generous. Just to clarify, when I say keen I obviously don't the bloke, but where money is concerned lets keep personal likes and dislikes out of it

Re: Darts: Premier League Week 3 One bet for the whole night and I'll follow with a couple for the individual matches. 4pts Over 21.5 180's 8/11 Blue Square I'm a bit disappointed I didn't take the 5/6 on offer last night because I think I was always going to take this bet. However I don't really mind 8/11 as the scoring has been so good in this event so far. There were 24 180's in week 1 at the Liverpool Echo and 21 in Scotland last week. That was only as low as it was because amazingly the King vs Wade match only contained the one 180. There were 22 180's here last year and I think there's the potential for more tonight. We should see lots of legs with all 4 matches having the potential to be 8-4 or closer so I'll go with the overs.

Re: Darts: Premier League Week 3 Ok, 2 more match bets. 3pts J.Wade (+2.5 legs) to beat R.Barnveld 11/10 Boylesports James Wade is really up and down at the minute but the same was said at the World Championship where he was crap all through it and then raised his game against Barney in the semi final. He lost that match but it was fairly close. He then beat Barney 9-8 in the quarter finals of the Players Championship. Barney looked really good last week but if Wade plays to his true form he's certainly no mug. I know the throwing 1st combination says a Barney win will be 8-5 at least but that's not set in stone so I'll take Wade to pick up 6 legs but with lower stakes as we don't know which Wade will turn up. 5pts M.King (-2.5 legs) to beat J.Part 11/10 Boylesports I'm no Mervyn King fan but he's been playing some seriously good darts in this event so far, averaging over 100 at stages in both his matches before tailing off as he was winning at ease. He won't keep that up but John Part's yet to average 93 in this event. I don't normally take much notice of averages but that's a huge difference. King won their only other TV meeting in the Desert Classic and should the throw 1st thing be successful a win will be no worse than 8-5. As I said above it's not set in stone but even so I can see King winning this no worse than 8-5.

I know the throwing 1st combination says a Barney win will be 8-5 at least but that's not set in stone should the throw 1st thing be successful a win will be no worse than 8-5. As I said above it's not set in stone
Just done some research so we have proper stats to back up the theory: Since the format changed for the 2006 season there have been 134 wins and 28 draws. Of the 134 wins, 91 [67.91%] have been clinched on the victor's throw (the 'home' player winning to 1,3,5,7; the away player winning to the 0,2,4,6) :ok

One bet for the whole night and I'll follow with a couple for the individual matches. 4pts Over 21.5 180's 8/11 Blue Square I'm a bit disappointed I didn't take the 5/6 on offer last night because I think I was always going to take this bet. However I don't really mind 8/11 as the scoring has been so good in this event so far. There were 24 180's in week 1 at the Liverpool Echo and 21 in Scotland last week. That was only as low as it was because amazingly the King vs Wade match only contained the one 180. There were 22 180's here last year and I think there's the potential for more tonight. We should see lots of legs with all 4 matches having the potential to be 8-4 or closer so I'll go with the overs.
Different class these overs when fat darts manley aint playing
Some performance from Wade there :clap
Absolutley awesome performance different class when hels bells is on rag and he can practice his darts instead of the bedroom athletics Great tipping kev had a little treble