Darts: Premier League Week 2

Thursday 12 February 2009Player 1 Tie Player 2 bookmakers margin on the event. However, they do not take account of commissions that may be charged.">BPP
Part, J v van Barneveld, R (19:00GMT)5.506.501.45102.53 %Details »
Hide « Part, J v van Barneveld, R
Mardle, W v Jenkins, T (20:00GMT)3.256.001.9099.82 %Details »
Hide « Mardle, W v Jenkins, T
Taylor, P v Klaasen, J (21:00GMT)1.179.0013.00104.27 %Details »
Hide « Taylor, P v Klaasen, J
Wade, J v King, M (22:00GMT)2.186.202.60100.46 %Details »
just before we start, i have decided to change a tip from last week, the handicap 180s market i suggested mardle +19 at 6/1, howver i reckon the value now is on jenkins +12 at around the same odds and the bull hit 6 last week so afetr two weeks he is already on 18, so i am recomending that now. PART 10/3 v BARNEVELD 2/5, John looked better last week mthan he has looked for a while, but it's this travelling that bothers me i just can't bring muyself to back him while he is still doing his trans atlantic foolery, Barney looked uninterested last week and i think was resigned to a hammering, this week i expect to see him win maybe 8-4. MARDLE 6/4 v JENKINS 10/11, mardle was dire last week, with the fans on his side, and i think he could get a hard time from the crowd after what happened with Bob thornton at Ally Pally, and the fans will get behind the bull who is a likeable guy and was scoring well against Klaasen last week, the same scoring power here could see him through against Wayne, however while wayne was dire last week he could just as easily be good this week and its fair to say this pair are the two most inconsistent in this years PL, i going to take the draw at 9/2. TAYLOR 1/9 v KLAASEN 8/1. i feel sorry for Jelle here played well last week and really should've won, now he faces an in form taylor, and i can see only one outcome, taylor win i'll take a score of 8-3, or 8-5. WADE 10/11 v KING 6/4. King tops the table and here he takes on Wade who i would love to see being taken down a peg or two, King will not lack confidence here but just feel that Wade will edge this im going for 8-7

Re: Pl Darts Wk 2 My bets for this Thursday Part v Barneveld Barneveld 8-4 (9/2) and 8-2 (10/1) both Boylesports Mardle v Jenkins Mardle 8-5 (8/1) and Draw 7-7 (9/2) both ladbrokes Taylor v Klaasen Taylor (-4.5 legs) (Evs) Boylesports Wade v King King (8/5) PaddyPower Not at home PC. If get a chance will write something to accompany tips

Re: Pl Darts Wk 2 Barneveld -2.5 legs 4/5 bluesq 10 pts I would be even more confident about this if Barney had the throw. Then he would only need to break Part once. Instead he has to break the Canadian at least twice but I think he is very capable of doing that. Barney wasnt great against Taylor last week and even gave up the ghost at one point. Yet he still managed a 96 average and still managed to break even Taylor's throw twice. Against part tomorrow I can see Barney's mindset being much more focused than what it has been of late against Taylor (I think Taylor just has Barney atm in the mind.) Given that I think he will prove too strong for Part. Part has been in the PL several times now and often struggles in it with the transatlantic trips seemingly doing him no favours. I think it will be a similar story this year even if he managed to nick a point last week. His 'mere' 88 average last week must be improved upon otherwise Barney will have him and even if Part does improve, Barney I think will have too much power for him and I can see winning this one with more than one break of throw; 8-4/ 8-2 a possibility. King 6/5 DNB stanjames 10 pts There was some 5/4 but have to settle for 6/5 now. Similar to what I said last week about King. The guy is a very good darts player and more importantly very much an inform player. He worked wonders to get into this league and he showed his class when thrashing Mardle last week 8-1. He averaged late 90s in the end for that match but in truth played a lot better than that with a 107 average half way through that match. Wade in contrast is playing inconsistent darts atm. One leg decent but the next very eratic and he has been like this for about 3/4 months now. He showed such inconsistent darts once again last week as he ended up with a draw against Part and he will need to up his level agaisnt the more consistent King otherwise he will be up against it. King for me in this one using the more conservative DNB.

Re: Darts: Premier League Week 2 theoldmaster WADE 10/11 v KING 6/4. King tops the table and here he takes on Wade who i would love to see being taken down a peg or two, King will not lack confidence here but just feel that Wade will edge this im going for 8-7 You can have 1,000,000/1 with me on that score :rollin

Re: Darts: Premier League Week 2

2 of you wanting to see Wade taken down a peg or two.........not cos he's shagging Hells-Bells is it :lol
is he? Personally I think Wade will win tonight i can see king cracking, last game of the night, the crowds going to be rowdy and i can see Wade putting the pressure on after messing up last week. Mike

Re: Darts: Premier League Week 2 A couple more bets for me tonight than last week. 5pts Lay T.Jenkins to beat W.Mardle 1.80 Betfair Such has been his inconsistency in recent months there's no way I can be having Terry Jenkins at odds on here against Mardle with the draw in play. Jenkins played some stellar darts last week against Klaasen in a high quality draw but one of the quirks of this tournament is that it's very much on the night and recent events where Jenkins has lost in the 1st round shows us that he's nothing like consistent. Mardle was crap last week but even then he still had chances to make that match a lot closer. It was strange really because he's been pretty good on his doubles in recent events. Hopefully he'll knuckle down tonight and play some decent darts. I'm certainly not going to write him off on the back of one bad game where as I say this tournament is all about on the night. Mardle throws 1st which is a good thing and if he can start well I think he can escape with at least a draw from this one. More to follow..................

Re: Darts: Premier League Week 2 3 more for tonight. 4pts J.Klaasen's 3 dart average - Over 94.5 5/6 William Hill Jelle Klaasen averaged 97.50 in a high quality performance against Terry Jenkins last week and I think he'll average over 94.5 again tonight. We've got a bit of an advantage with this market tonight in that in so many of the legs, Klaasen is unlikely to have shots at a double which would in theory lower his average. Taylor will probably go along at something between 100-105 which means Klaasen who will automatically raise his game while this is close, can swim along at a 95+ average. Klaasen's scoring very well indeed at the minute and if he doesn't get many shots at doubles like so few do against Taylor then I think he'll cover this required average. 3pts P.Taylor vs J.Klaasen - Over 5.5 180's 8/11 Boylesports Both these guys can hit 180's, Klaasen especially and I don't think he's the sort of player who's head will drop if he's getting rolled over. He certainly never gave up against Barney at the world championships and Barney was unplayable that night. Taylor will chip in with a few too I'm sure, especially after the way Barney has come out with 180's early doors in his match. This is one of the rare occasions that we might not see many legs but should get lots of 180's so I'll take the overs here. 4pts J.Wade to beat M.King (DNB) 4/5 Stan James James Wade hasn't been himself in recent weeks but he showed flashes of good stuff last week and also at the players championship finals especially when he beat Barneveld. Mervyn King played really well last week and is a consistent performer but I still believe there's a massive gulf in class between the top 3 in the world and the rest. Even though Wade hasn't been at his best consistently recently he's still won matches and I think he'll grind out a win tonight.

Re: Pl Darts Wk 2

Barneveld -2.5 legs 4/5 bluesq 10 pts I would be even more confident about this if Barney had the throw. Then he would only need to break Part once. Instead he has to break the Canadian at least twice but I think he is very capable of doing that. Barney wasnt great against Taylor last week and even gave up the ghost at one point. Yet he still managed a 96 average and still managed to break even Taylor's throw twice. Against part tomorrow I can see Barney's mindset being much more focused than what it has been of late against Taylor (I think Taylor just has Barney atm in the mind.) Given that I think he will prove too strong for Part. Part has been in the PL several times now and often struggles in it with the transatlantic trips seemingly doing him no favours. I think it will be a similar story this year even if he managed to nick a point last week. His 'mere' 88 average last week must be improved upon otherwise Barney will have him and even if Part does improve, Barney I think will have too much power for him and I can see winning this one with more than one break of throw; 8-4/ 8-2 a possibility. King 6/5 DNB stanjames 10 pts There was some 5/4 but have to settle for 6/5 now. Similar to what I said last week about King. The guy is a very good darts player and more importantly very much an inform player. He worked wonders to get into this league and he showed his class when thrashing Mardle last week 8-1. He averaged late 90s in the end for that match but in truth played a lot better than that with a 107 average half way through that match. Wade in contrast is playing inconsistent darts atm. One leg decent but the next very eratic and he has been like this for about 3/4 months now. He showed such inconsistent darts once again last week as he ended up with a draw against Part and he will need to up his level agaisnt the more consistent King otherwise he will be up against it. King for me in this one using the more conservative DNB.
A great tip for King tonight Woody.:clap Cheers :cheers

Re: Pl Darts Wk 2

My bets for this Thursday Part v Barneveld Barneveld 8-4 (9/2) and 8-2 (10/1) both Boylesports Mardle v Jenkins Mardle 8-5 (8/1) and Draw 7-7 (9/2) both ladbrokes Taylor v Klaasen Taylor (-4.5 legs) (Evs) Boylesports Wade v King King (8/5) PaddyPower Not at home PC. If get a chance will write something to accompany tips
More than happy with that profit :cow One of us didn't need the DNB fallback to back Merv :tongue2 lol