premier league darts wk 8

so, here we go in to the second round of fixtures fro the prem Lge darts, Barneveld v Lewis, barney was gash last week, no other way of putting it. he must've thought he was back in the BDO, anyway that has to be a minor blip the fact he was making his debut at Blackpool and the slow pace of the menace really got the world champ, this week against a faster player, and Lewis has got real problems last two outings, he has only won 3 legs and none against the throw, with him due to throw first this week that is not so important, but i cannot see barney slipping up again, so have to go for Barney win, Jenkins V priestley, these two are the best players in this competition to date, both are in the top 4 and to be honest a draw would suit them both, if i had to pick a winner the maybe Jenks, dennis won the last time they met, despite having lower avg,this time i would just give the bull the edge but reckon the draw is value here, Lloyd, v Manley, both these two are well off the pace, Lloyd especially has been very dissapointing, both coming off heavy defeats, though jaws played well against a resurgant Taylor, a point to consider here though, manley plays well in Scotland and remember no -one gave him a hope in Aberdeen except me! when he beat Dennis, and LWAT are very even i would be tempted by draw in this one too, though maybe just Lloyd to shade it. Taylor v Sholten, The last time these two met it was a draw, but bewae that was a different Taylor, and one that Roland should have beaten. the Dutchman is coming off the back of a good win, however that was a poor manley and i can see no other result than a win for the power here. bets for most 180s has to be Barney v Lewis match, and highest out shot go for the Priestley jenkins game 16 ton+ finishes between this season.

Re: premier league wk 8 5 for me for tonight. 10pts Over 23 180's 11/8 Stan James Last week didn't yield as many 180's as I wanted but I can't see this week disappointing us. there's the potential for 2-3 real close matches if not all 4 and the players that need rhythm in their throw are getting it tonight so I see more of a 180 fest this week than last. Last week we was let down by a couple of relative walkovers but if, as I suspect, we get close matches tonight then we'll get the 24 180's we need. 7pts T.Jenkins to beat D.Priestley Evs Skybet Both these players are in great form in this Premier League and both are playing well. However I feel Jenkins is playing the better. Priestley's amazing finishing has kept him in and won him matches in the last 2-3 weeks which I commend him for but he's up against one of if the the best finisher in darts right now in Jenkins. Add to that the scoring power that the Bull has installed in his game and he's going to be tough not only for Priestley to stop here but for anyone in this event to stop. Just to confirm the good form he's in jenkins went and finished 2nd in the UK Open Regional heat last weekend and although Evens could be a touch skinny, I do think he'll win this. 6pts A.Lewis +2 Most 180's vs R.Barneveld 6/4 Stan James Ray Barneveld pings the 180s like nobodies business but Adrian Lewis can twang them too. Lewis has not been at the races at all in the last 3-4 weeks and knows he needs a performance and quickly else he'll fall away without a wimper. He's got a decent record in Scotland which should help him and I think he'll give Barney a run for his money. When these 2 met on the opening night of the league, Barney beat Lewis 4-3 on 180's. I think they'll both hit a few tonight and think Lewis will hit enough to stay within 2 of the world champion. 5pts P.Manley to beat C.Lloyd 12/5 Sporting Odds I was impressed with Peter Manley's scoring last week. He out 180'd Scholten 4-1 which is almost unheard of but for once his finishing was woeful. Manley has commented that he's looking to improve his scoring and it seems that he is being proved correct. Normally when that happens your finishing falls away but Manley is such a natural finisher I'm prepared to forget about last week's finishing. Colin Lloyd can be hot or cold but seems to be cold when he plays Manley. Manley did him 8-6 on the opening night and if Lloyd misses doubles like he has a tendancy to do then Manley will be right there to pounce. 10pts R.Scholten +4 legs vs P.Taylor 11/10 VC Roland Scholten said in his interview last week that he is starting to gain confidence back again and feels everything could be starting to fall into place. If that's right then the power won't want to have heard that. On his day Scholten's an excellent player, a superb scorer, outscored by nobody and when his finishing kicks in he's tough to beat. He's already pinched a draw with Taylor in the Premier League this season and I really do think he'll be good enough for 5 legs in this match. Admittedly Taylor is playing better now than he was back then but if Scholten is right about his game, and last week's performance would suggest he could be then he could be running into form at just the right time.

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.