Hanley Circus Sunday 5th

BAM

Sunday 5th November

Bonfire Night Spectacular £100 no limit double chance freeze out No registration fee for this competition

9:00 pm

Mr V's already qualified for this and I'm in also, if there are anymore who fancy coming along we'll see you there :ok:ok

Re: Hanley Circus Sunday 5th You know I try to bring some Cheshire culture to the luddites in the potteries and this is the thanks I get. Only the 2nd time I've played here and it has a fantastic cardroom and well worth a visit if you are in the area. It is fully computerised, televised final table, friendly players, great buffet and free latte :ok £100 buy in with 79 runners, the play was not enjoyable early on as the rebuy addicts didn't seem to grasp it was a freezeout. I was also blighted by having the local baglady on my table who insisted on not only abusing the other players and the dealer at every turn but the TD and the cardroom manager got it as well. She seemed to be well known for it but a stronger manager would have given her penalties. Mr V was unlucky (do you know I always thought the V stood for Valiant didn't realise until lastnight that it actually stands for Victor, as in Meldrew). I think the competition between two Pler's helped to keep me in as we were playing back to back for a lot of the evening and we kept looking round and jibing at each other about who was going to outstay who. I did look around a couple of times and my heart sank when I saw an empty seat, only to find he has just nipped for another hotdog :lol:lol After 7 hours of play I decided I was just never going to get the cards my best PP all night was 9's and my best kicker with an A was 10. So I decided to play bingo on the final table but so did 2 or 3 other guys. I finally went out 7th for $280 but being a greedy bastid I wanted the £3k top prize.:sad Not sure why these big tourneys with extended blinds start at 9pm as I was out at 4am and the game probably went on way after 5. Everyone was a bit jaded at the end, even took a dealer about 15mins to count up a 3 way all in. Thats my only criticsm really if they had early start times on the weekend they would probably attract more and give everyone a chance ( I had 2 hours sleep before work was looming) Great night big thanks to Andy and Sam :notworthy:notworthy and I'll be back next time I'm not flying around the world somewhere

Re: Hanley Circus Sunday 5th

Who let Jaded in? :loon
:rollin:rollin:rollin
Everyone was a bit jaded at the end' date=' even took a dealer about 15mins to count up a 3 way all in. [/quote'] The poker room manager said that they hadn't chipped up to the larger chips in the break between 11th and the FT (they could have at least got rid of the 25s 50s) she thought that these would be needed for the antes that had been taken throughout the tourney(a first for Stoke).