Home games - advice please

Sheerluck Holmes

Just wondering whether anyone has got any tips/advice for home games? We've always just played with 1,2,5,20,50p's etc and had no blind structure whatsoever. However, I've decided to investing in a spanking new chipset so we're goign to try do do it a bit more professionally. . . . We're all (bar maybe 1 chap) ok with dealing/shuffling etc and the drink and food is sorted! So what sort of blind structure and time intervals in between levels should we be looking at to make it fun but competitive? Was thinking of just nicking one from an online STT? I'm guessing we'll need some sort of alarm to time the intervals? These are the numbered chips we have; 150 x $1, 150 x $5, 75 x $25, 50 $100, 50 x $500 and 25 x $1000. Theres likely to be anyway between 4 and 8 of us. Sorry to ask a bit of a noobish question. :ok

Re: Home games - advice please Hi mate - I've been playing these with my mates weekly for about 3 years now, they're the highlight of the week for most of us. What started out as a 7 or 8 man social is now a serious event involving about 30 people! Even had a table going in the garden the other week. We tend to all put in 40 quid and start with 6000 chips each 3x1000 2x500 7x100 4x50 and 4x25. We start the blinds at 25/50 and put them up every 20mins. they go smthg like 50/100, then 100/200 then 200/400 then 300/600 then 600/1200 and finally 1600/3200. Last year we introduced a rule where if you were taken out in the first half hour you could buy back in - 20 quid for 3000 chips but to be honest think we are going to scrap this as it led to some very loose play. Good luck with it, they are great once you get going, we use a mobile phone alarm to time the blinds.

Re: Home games - advice please our home games normally start with 4-6 players, stacks about 3000 each. blinds start at 10/20 and go up every 30 minutes for a long game, or 20 minutes for a shorter one. normally £5 in, and can rebuy for another £5 if we have enough chips left and you go out too fast. great fun.