Peacock's Punting - 3m+ Chases

Hi all, After a couple of false starts, I've finally got my shizzle together and I'm ready to roll for the new 2014/15 National Hunt season. Due to time, work and family constraints, I'm going to be focussing solely on 3m+ chases, class 4 and upwards, and even during the summer months when all the flat boys are out in force. I love both codes of racing but it's the jumps that really get me going, and having just completed the London marathon, I feel as though I have a little bit in common with these 3m+ animals! ;) An accurate P/L will be kept and I shall keep this first post updated with the appropriate figures. :) :ok

Re: Peacock's Punting - Sprints and 3m+ Chases Thu 1st May 2014 4.20 Sedgefield (8 runners) Molson Coors Handicap Chase Class 4, 3m3f , Good To Soft, 5yo+, Win: £3925 Not many of these have much solid form in the book, and I’d be surprised if the winner didn’t come from the first three in the betting. Both DEBT TO SOCIETY and TWICE LUCKY battled it our here LTO, the former eventually landing the spoils for his first win in 20 outings. His sire is 3/6 here at distances of 3m+ but with rain forecast and this a tougher race, he’s not a betting proposition for me. TWICE LUCKY is weighted to reverse the placings but with a strike rate of just 1/29, falls into the unbackable camp. Preference therefore is for MR CHIPPY. The Donald McCain trained 10yo has only had 10 racecourse starts, but has been consistent enough. McCain has a decent record here and is going OK at the moment so I’m hoping he can feature in a bit of an underwhelming race. MR CHIPPY 1pt WIN @ 9/2 (Paddy Power BOG)

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.