BBOTD - Saturday 11th May

15.55 Nottingham: Sound Of Guns @ 3/1 VC This 3yo filly ran way better in the Nell Gwyn than the bare form suggests. She travelled really well for a long time, but found herself in a bad position from 3f out with a wall of horses in front of her. She couldn't get out there and had to wait for a gap. The gap never came as she got badly hampered 2f out and lost position and every chance to finish the race well as a result. The drop in trip back to sprinting distances shouldn't cause any trouble as I'd be worried about her stamina and the ability to stay the mile, 7f looks the maximum in my mind, so 6f could be her best trip. She has some fine form in the form book from her 2yo campaign when she finished 2nd to Rosdhu Queen in a Listed race and 3rd to Sir Prancealot in a Group 2, both over 5f. Fast ground is expected at Nottingham tomorrow, something that's really in her favour as she needs that type of ground to be seen at her best I feel. This here tomorrow will be only her sixth start and I think she can improve a good deal which would make her hard to beat here.

Re: BBOTD - Saturday 11th May 3.50 Ascot~ Dream Tune ~ 16/1(Coral) Ran really well in Spring Cup and Newbury last time out. Led the field to the furlong pole before plugging on for 5th. Entitled to come on for the run and the drop to a stiff 7f looks ideal and i fancy him to be a lot closer to Half a Sixpence this time around, Lightning Cloud should also go well. The Spring Cup and Lincoln form is all tying in nicely in these big handicaps with numerous winners and good runs coming from them. 1pt win 1pt win

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.