Dan's Racing Blog

Had about 5 attempts at one of these and never got past two weeks so hopefully this time I will. Confident in my knowledge and selection process so confident I can make a reasonable profit over time, thought it would be a good idea this before the flat season starts flowing! 3.00 Ascot, Fencing 1pt win at 4/1 (Ladbrokes) Overall I think this is a poor race, Stipulate is a decent Horse but is a little quirky, Don't Call Me ran well on his seasonal debut but I'm not sure he is good enough to win this and for me Fencing looks like a nice type who could well improve this season. Ran a very poor race on this course in the St James Palace last June but that was quite a hot race and after a 3 month break he returned and was unlucky over 7f at Newmarket but stayed on well towards the finish. A mile looks his trip and I don't see any reason why he shouldn't like Ascot so I'm expecting a big run from him. 3.35 Ascot, Caucus 0.5pt EW at 8/1 (Ladbrokes) Gone for another John Gosden trained Horse in Caucus here. This looks a competitive race and I had to think a few times before taking on the favourite Estimate who will no doubt go close but think at the odds it is worth it. Caucus I just think is overpriced here at 8/1, he beat Calvaryman over 2m in his last race of last season at Newmarket who went onto win at the Gold Cup meeting in Dubai and so is clearly a useful Horse and he will relish the trip and quickish ground here. Don't understand the odds, especially when Steps to Freedom is an unknown over 2m and I was disappointed with Sir Graham Wade's first run this season too. Think Caucus will definitely outrun his odds here, with a good chance of winning.

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.