** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Rugby Union 17th-19th September

These are the first odds that I have found for the Rugby this weekend (all Paddy Power), please feel free to add any others that are better than those below! Not too many available at this moment but here are the first for the Top 14 and I'll post the others when they become available!

17th Sep 2010
19:45 Toulouse v Bayonne
  • lb_blue.gif
    • Live betting on this event Live on Canal+, Setanta IRL

1/9
25/1
5/1
18th Sep 2010
13:30 La Rochelle v Biarritz
11/8
20/1
4/7
13:30 Perpignan v Stade Francais
  • lb_blue.gif
    • Live betting on this event Live on Canal+

4/9
20/1
7/4
13:30 Castres v Brive
1/4
22/1
11/4
13:30 Racing Metro v Bourgoin
1/16
35/1
7/1
15:25 Toulon v Clermont Auvergne
  • lb_blue.gif
    • Live betting on this event Live on Canal+, Setanta 1

4/9
20/1
7/4
19:45 Agen v Montpellier
  • lb_blue.gif
    • Live betting on this event Live on Canal+ France

8/13
20/1
5/4
[url=http://javascript%3Cb%3E%3C/b%3E:void%280%29]

Re: Rugby Union 17th-19th September First Impressions: Toulouse v Bayonne - Toulouse are yet to score less than 34 points in a game at home this season, Bayonne has surprised everone so far this season but their game is very much a no frills game and based on their half back duo! Bayonne have not had a tough start like some to the season and they are yet to have a test like this one. I fear that Bayonne will not be able to score enough tries against Toulouse and so if the Bookies offer -11 against Toulouse I'll be all over that handicap! I would also expect a high scoring game around 40+, as I can see Bayonne trying to keep it close with penalties and drop kicks.

Re: Rugby Union 17th-19th September Aviva Premiership Sale Sharks v Harlequins Friday 17th September 2010, 19:45

1st Half Match Betting :nonfbm_toggle('nonfbm9663083');void(0)'>Hide
Sale Sharks :void(0)'>8/11
Draw :void(0)'>10/1
Harlequins :void(0)'>5/4
top Northampton v Bath tv_espn.gif Friday 17th September 2010, 19:45
1st Half Match Betting :nonfbm_toggle('nonfbm9663735');void(0)'>Hide
Northampton :void(0)'>4/7
Draw :void(0)'>11/1
Bath :void(0)'>6/4
Sale Sharks v Harlequins Friday 17th September 2010, 19:45
Handicap Betting :nonfbm_toggle('nonfbm9663081');void(0)'>Hide
Sale Sharks (-3.0) :void(0)'>10/11
Handicap Draw (-3.0) :void(0)'>20/1
Harlequins (+3.0) :void(0)'>10/11
Handicap Betting :nonfbm_toggle('nonfbm9663744');void(0)'>Hide
Northampton (-5.0) :void(0)'>10/11
Handicap Draw (-5.0) :void(0)'>22/1
Bath (+5.0) :void(0)'>10/11
I would take both home wins here, Northampton are looking good and Sale should be too strong in the forwards for Harlequins to steal the points! I quite fancy Northampton to cover the handicap as well, Bath last week laboured to victory against 10 man London Irish. Harlequins are playing Nick Easter at Second Row, God only knows why! Maybe they want to give Sale the run around but I'm sure Mr Easter isn't looking forward to too much scrummaging against a big pack like Sales! As for the handicap, I couldn't tell you if -3 against Sale is good or bad, as both sides will be hard to predict. But if I was to have my last pound on it, Sales bigger pack may well prove decisive and they should cover the handicap.

Re: Rugby Union 17th-19th September

Aviva Premiership Sale Sharks v Harlequins Friday 17th September 2010, 19:45
1st Half Match Betting Hide
Sale Sharks 8/11
Draw 10/1
Harlequins 5/4
1st Half Match Betting Hide
Northampton 4/7
Draw 11/1
Bath 6/4
Sale Sharks v Harlequins Friday 17th September 2010, 19:45
Handicap Betting Hide
Sale Sharks (-3.0) 10/11
Handicap Draw (-3.0) 20/1
Harlequins (+3.0) 10/11
Handicap Betting Hide
Northampton (-5.0) 10/11
Handicap Draw (-5.0) 22/1
Bath (+5.0) 10/11
I would take both home wins here, Northampton are looking good and Sale should be too strong in the forwards for Harlequins to steal the points! I quite fancy Northampton to cover the handicap as well, Bath last week laboured to victory against 10 man London Irish. Harlequins are playing Nick Easter at Second Row, God only knows why! Maybe they want to give Sale the run around but I'm sure Mr Easter isn't looking forward to too much scrummaging against a big pack like Sales! As for the handicap, I couldn't tell you if -3 against Sale is good or bad, as both sides will be hard to predict. But if I was to have my last pound on it, Sales bigger pack may well prove decisive and they should cover the handicap.
I wouldnt be too sweet on sale, they hadnt got much last week v saracens, and in truth, had saracens passed left instead of right on a couple of breaks, they would have won that game by 20+ points. Sale bashed and bashed, but very little penetration, with very risky offloads. If its raining, i ESPECIALLY wouldnt be sweet on sale.

Re: Rugby Union 17th-19th September had a good long look at everything today, and decided to stay away from glasgow game. I had glasgow 1-12, connacht could either get hammered with all their 'barely fit' or get closer than the bookies think. They were priced up in anticipation of alot more injuries than they have i reckon (at least, that they are now saying they have) if i had to bet, id go 1-12 glasgow in hills. But im staying away, it's too too unpredictable. Taking northampton 13+, harlequins1-12 and ulster 1-12 in a patent. Saints cos theyre full strength and bath are depleteed , as any of you know whos been doing their own research. Quins, because at 12/5, and on form despite losing games, theyre value, and sale were very lucky not to be hammered last week and didnt have much invention barring some mental risky offloads. Ulster because theyve started well, and edinburgh arent ones to lie down and take a beating. Ulster have rotated a bit, their defence is a bit loose though, so them to win, but not to go mental. Sorry i cant go further in depth, but ive to cook my dinner before sitting down to watch 5 games now :-) oh, and Taking bayonne with the handicap+12.5 on betfair for 2.2- toulouse havent been winning, and bayonne are top of the table. pure form pick this, toulouse should win though, but bayonne have named a strong side and will be chasing the losing bonus point if not the win. side Good luck all.

Re: Rugby Union 17th-19th September Leeds v Saracens Saturday 18th September 2010, 15:00

Handicap Betting
Leeds (+7.0) :void(0)'>10/11
Handicap Draw (7.0) :void(0)'>22/1
Saracens (-7.0) :void(0)'>10/11
Exeter Chiefs v Newcastle Saturday 18th September 2010, 15:00
Handicap Betting
Exeter Chiefs (-2.0) :void(0)'>10/11
Handicap Draw (-2.0) :void(0)'>22/1
Newcastle (+2.0) :void(0)'>10/11
Wasps v Leicester tv_skysports2.gif Saturday 18th September 2010, 15:05
Handicap Betting
Wasps (+1.0) :void(0)'>10/11
Handicap Draw (1.0) :void(0)'>22/1
Leicester (-1.0) :void(0)'>10/11
London Irish v Gloucester tv_espn.gif Sunday 19th September 2010, 14:15
Handicap Betting :nonfbm_toggle('nonfbm9679796');void(0)'>Hide
London Irish (-8.0) :void(0)'>10/11
Handicap Draw (-8.0) :void(0)'>22/1
Gloucester (+8.0) :void(0)'>10/11
Here goes, at first I didn't think that there was a lot on but on closer inspection. Wasps +1, Leicester for the win here! Wasps set piece against Newcastle was a shambles at best and I do not believe seven days can turn this around. Leicester were slighty lucky last week but their game away at Northampton proves to me that they can win this game. Exeter -2, this is a must win for Exeter, I believe Exeter have already shown a will to survive and Newcastle rely too heavily on Gopperth's kicking for my liking! If Exeter can keep the penalty count low, they will have too much power for another average Newcastle side. They beat Gloucester by 12 so covering -2 must be achievable. Leeds v Saracens is one to leave alone but Sarries I feel have more potential than Leeds.

Re: Rugby Union 17th-19th September Toulouse 29 - 20 Bayonne Mixed emotions here got the 40+ points but only a nine point difference, hats off to Bayonne they could be looking good for a stab at the Amlin Challenge Cup! Northampton 31 -10 Bath :clap Northampton totally dominant in the second half, as I said last week they are looking good. Sale 21 - 17 Harlequins :clap This sounded like a tough affair with several yellow cards and a slightly lucky try to win it for Sale. All in all not a bad start to the weekend!

Re: Rugby Union 17th-19th September Exeter 22 -17 Newcastle :nana Wasps 37-30 Leicester - What the F**K was this game all about! A moment to forget for Geordan Murphy wins it for Wasps! Leicester may be a team to take on, as they lost Staunton and they now do not have any experience at Fly Half (unless they get some cover in)!