Flat Racing - Mon 13th Sept

RussP

3.30 Brighton 10 runners for a 1m4f, Class 6 handicap. Zelos Diktator will be the very warm fav here but looks an artifically short price on the back on some decent runs, but without winning. That leads me to a very nice EW bet and around the 8/1 mark (take the EP in the morning), Mayfairs Future is the one. Looks poised for a win in handicap company now dropped to just 51 for the first time. I'm also very taken by the positive jockey booking and feel everything's in place for a big run. Started this season back on a mark of 52, one which he's raced off all 5 runs this season, as a 'reward' for his consistency. A very good 4th on his first run back before having no chance from the 1 box at Kempton on the AW nto. Was then 3rd here where looking in need of the extra distance it gets today. Stepped up in trip to 11f for its next run, finding only a Sir Mark hotpot too good, before finding the 3f up in trip too much lto when fading tamely into 10th. Quite a consistent type for the grade with it's only failures being when things contrived against him so the EW looks well worth taking here. Mayfairs Future (c.8/1)

Re: Flat Racing - Mon 13th Sept Guto - Brighton 2:00 Looking through the form this horse looks a stand-out bet for me tomorrow. It has everything going for it in my opinion. Has the draw, the speed, is fresh from a run, is back to form, is running off a very low mark and is in a Class 6 race. Over this 5 furlong race tomorrow at Brighton, the high numbers tend to do the best so i just concentrated mainly on Stalls 6-10. Guto is in Stall 6 which should be fine. This horse has a lot of speed. It went out in front last time and was just collared very close home, it traded at a low of 1.10 in running on Betfair. It has run only 14 days ago and had been largely out of form up to that point so signs are good that it has come back to near its best. It runs off a very low mark tomorrow. It is only up 1 pound from its last run, and runs off a mark of 58 tomorrow. It has won off a mark of 88 in the past so is 30 pounds better off tomorrow. It has once been rated a 99 animal so to say its well weighted tomorrow would be quite obvious. Guto runs in Class 6 company tomorrow so is down in grade from its last run which is another plus and previously in its career has come 2nd in a Listed event. My conclusion is it should take off in front tomorrow and might not be for catching. It is drawn fine and really should be in the top 3 so even though its a short enough price i am going to back it e/w if i get 5/2 or better. I will update the price in the morning when it comes in

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.