Eyecatchers thread - horses to follow/avoid

mowgli77

There have been a few posters mention this as an idea and it is something I do regularly anyway with a list of horses. It will be similar to BTP's diary thread that he used to run and will not have any profit/loss attached but be used to point out horses that are ones to follow or avoid in the future. I will provide a short template to copy and paste in this initial post and if anyone feels it needs to be altered in any way let us know so we can consider it. We're going to ask for just a small amount of reasoning rather than just having a list of horses, it will add quality to the thread and we all know why a horse is deemed worthy of following that way. Each poster can put as many eyecatchers in this thread as they want but it will be your own responsibility to follow up those horses. That way one person is not having to follow dozens of horses. Please make it clear if it is to follow next time out, next 3 races or when it gets its ideal conditions etc. If anyone wants to use a horse tracker for either their own selections or all the horses in the thread feel free to do so and if possible post in this thread the day/night before your "eyecatcher" is due to run. I have included the dates you noticed the horse so punters can then watch previous runs on ATR or RUK and see what you are referring to. I know most people will post eyecatchers but Tedthewolf made a good point about including horses to avoid, these might be ones that never seem to find anything extra, are way above their ideal handicap mark or maybe is a tail swisher and will be ideal for those that like to lay horses as well as back them. Template: Horses Name: Date(s) you noticed the horse: Ideal Conditions: Ideal Trip: Follow/Avoid (for how long): Reasoning: Just as a brief example I have chosen Sariska as it is a horse we are all aware of and this type of thing is what we can expect to see: Horses Name: Sariska Date(s) you noticed the horse: 13th May and 19th August (both at York) Ideal Conditions: Good or Good to soft Ideal Trip: 1m2f to 1m4f Follow/Avoid (for how long): Follow on good/good to soft, avoid on good to firm Reasoning: Sariska travelled well in May when despite getting 5lbs from Midday it then made hard work of beating that opponent on very firm ground. Michael Bell had already stated his concern at the firmness of the ground that day. These horses were to reoppose at the Ebor meeting but once again the ground was good to firm and maybe Sariska did not feel like racing on this surface as it downed tools at the start and refused to race. Has also been fractuous at home and kicked the trainer so maybe one to keep an eye on in the parade ring or on the way to post. Has loads of top class group form and too early to write this one off, those antics may mean it starts at a better price next time out but I think it may need cut in the ground these days. Feel free to get your eyecatchers in the thread as soon as possible. I am hoping this will be a very good quality thread and it will give each poster an indication as to what they are like as a race reader and whether they can pick future winners from what they have seen with their very own eyes. I know in terms of value etc we might not back them all but that stuff is for the daily racing threads. Good Luck. :ok

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.