** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

My Pick to win the 2010 Superbowl

AGurv

1. Mid September 09 - Red Wings to win the Stanley Cup - Loss (2nd Round) 2. Mid October 09 - Nuggets to win the NC - - Loss (2nd Round) 3. Mid October 09 - Texas to win the NC - - Loss (2nd round) 4. Mid March 10 - Phillies to win the WS - Pending 5. Early June 10 - Brazil to win the WC - Lose 6. Mid August 10 - Alabama to win the BCS Championship - Pending Two weeks from the start...here were some earlier leans... Colts +875 - They seem to be the book favorite. They'll be good as usual, but every year they have injuries on the defensive side. Will Bob Sanders play? Will Freeney play like he did years ago? Too many questions for me on the defense Cowboys +1000 - Great team, but as long as Wade Phillips is there coach, no. Chargers +1150 - This team is too up and down for me. They always start slow which is always a bad sign. Who knows how they play without LT and Merriman coming off an injury plagued year Ravens +1175 - Too many injuries already, Foxworth being out and Ed reed having more and more injuries every year now. Packers +1175 - Not unless they improve there defense a great deal Vikings +1350 - **** you Favre Jets +1400 - Don't trust the offense My Pick : Patriots +1400 By damnit I hate them but you can never count them out. Brady is now gonna be 2 years off his injury. Can never discount his connection with Moss. Wes Welker looks good coming off a bad injury at the end of last year. Edelman has been really stepping it up. I think Aaron Hernandez will also help them out, he was a great player @ Florida. They've got a young defense, and they lost Thomas, but I think they will be serviceable this year. Go Pats :doh:

• 4 months later...

Re: My Pick to win the 2010 Superbowl

Wanted to get an opinion. You guys think I should throw a little money on the Jets ML?
Maybe, but i think they will do enough to edge past the Jets. The Steelers, with that blitzing defence, is another matter. They were in the mood in the second half.

Wanted to get an opinion. You guys think I should throw a little money on the Jets ML?
to win the superbowl? or just to cover yourself in this outright bet? No I can't see it happening. Even if they won against the Pats (think they will put up a good fight but fall short) then I couldn't see them beating you guys in an AFC Championship match at Heinz Field. Yes, they won there in the regular season but play offs is completely different. They rely a lot on their godo running game, you just cant do that against the Steelers can you? and with Sanchez's shoulder still dodgy it'd be difficult. If they got to the Superbowl they would probably win it against the Packers of Bears though.

to win the superbowl? or just to cover yourself in this outright bet? No I can't see it happening. Even if they won against the Pats (think they will put up a good fight but fall short) then I couldn't see them beating you guys in an AFC Championship match at Heinz Field. Yes, they won there in the regular season but play offs is completely different. They rely a lot on their godo running game, you just cant do that against the Steelers can you? and with Sanchez's shoulder still dodgy it'd be difficult. If they got to the Superbowl they would probably win it against the Packers of Bears though.
If Pats win then the game will be at Foxborough rather than Heinz field. As for the question I think Jets can win if they run really well and have a positive turnover ratio - they are both massive ifs though.

Re: My Pick to win the 2010 Superbowl I was thinking maybe putting a TINY amount on the Jets +350, like maybe $50. Then I will put something without a doubt on the the Steelers whatever the line will be Btw this is one of the best value bets ive ever made. No1 was giving the Pats a chance before the season, right now they are +170 to win the SB