** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Tennis - 23-29 August

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Tennis - 23-29 August

Both sets couldn't have started any better' date=' then the complete opposite at the end of both. Sorry I changed your mind to take it Atko :([/quote'] No worries at all mate. One of those things. Very odd match - in the end just two average players who get tight.

Yeah' date=' thought our bets were dead after 1st set. 4 games in 3rd set please mr. lacko :hope[/quote'] Gonna be tough mate. Istomin's going to come at him like a steam train in Lacko's next service game. Gutsy guy though, that's why I like him. I'll like him even more if he can get to four games. Come on the Slovak.

Re: Tennis - 23-29 August Marcos Baghdatis -4vs Juan Ignacio Chela. 1.98 @ Pinnacle (6/10) Baghdatis in unbelievable form at the moment and it's hard to seem him not getting past Chela. The Argentine played poorly against Young but came through in 3 sets. He was broken 4 times out of 8 and this sort of performance won't be good enough against in-form Baghdatis. I see comfortable win for the Cypriot here. -4 games handicap is my choice in this one.

what are the thoughts on the Dog? Should take care of Blake surely?
I think opinions are divided on that match. A few of us are on Dolgopolov, including myself, while Psycho and a few others are on Blake. Dolgopolov is another I like because he's gutsy and hangs in there when things aren't going his way. Blake likes it here - has won twice in the past - but recent form has been atrocious. He spanked Pere Riba on Monday but there's no real form to take out of that, it was the Spaniard's first ever match on a hard court on the main Tour. I think Dolgopolov's got what it takes to beat him, it's a question of whether he wants it. Don't buy the clay courter line as he's proven in the last few weeks he can play on hard, taking sets off Tomas Berdych and David Ferrer and beating Mikhail Youzhny. He's got it on his racket, it's just a question of motivation. I have a feeling he'll do it, but you could make a case for Blake too.

I think opinions are divided on that match. A few of us are on Dolgopolov' date=' including myself, while Psycho and a few others are on Blake. Dolgopolov is another I like because he's gutsy and hangs in there when things aren't going his way. Blake likes it here - has won twice in the past - but recent form has been atrocious. He spanked Pere Riba on Monday but there's no real form to take out of that, it was the Spaniard's first ever match on a hard court on the main Tour. I think Dolgopolov's got what it takes to beat him, it's a question of whether he wants it. Don't buy the clay courter line as he's proven in the last few weeks he can play on hard, taking sets off Tomas Berdych and David Ferrer and beating Mikhail Youzhny. He's got it on his racket, it's just a question of motivation. I have a feeling he'll do it, but you could make a case for Blake too.[/quote'] Cheers Atko - i tend to agree, only problem for me is he he gets a bit too casual at times and I'd prefer a bit more committment! (Paolo Lorenzi match comes to mind!):loon

Cheers Atko - i tend to agree' date=' only problem for me is he he gets a bit too casual at times and I'd prefer a bit more committment! (Paolo Lorenzi match comes to mind!):loon[/quote'] I think that's youth more than anything else, he needs a good coach to drill that out of him. Hopefully it will come with time. From a betting perspective, that's another thing you could label against him.

Re: Tennis - 23-29 August If Blake can't find a motivation in his favorite tournament then he really is done. The only thing I like and always liked about him is that he can hit winners on serve return. Some of those are amazing. Other than that he's rubbish.

Crazy odds on Golubev - 1.60 holds no value whatsoever. Didn't even qualify for the Masters events in Cincy and pulled out injured against Fognini - not sure how fit he is. Gabashvili's having a decent year although generally playing at a lower level than Golubev and can be dangerous from the ground; however' date=' he's extremely erratic. Not a match I'd want to get involved in at all.[/quote'] @ wayneparr3, please tell me you didn't go for it. Please.

Re: Tennis - 23-29 August No, he can't even hit a decent forehand. He really is done atm. And at age of 30 really can't see him getting any motivation for the next season to play qualies, because that's what's gonna happen to him. Wild cards won't be there forever. Should retire for good now. We don't need players like that on tour :lol

No' date=' he can't even hit a decent forehand. He really is done atm. And at age of 30 really can't see him getting any motivation for the next season to play qualies, because that's what's gonna happen to him. Wild cards won't be there forever. Should retire for good now. We don't need players like that on tour :lol[/quote'] Blake said he'd consider his future after the US Open. Problem is, he hasn't got one.

Re: Tennis - 23-29 August I say this every time I bet on him and I'll say it again. Dolgopolov is going to be SOME player. It's all there with him. Got me out of a wee hole again. Well played young sir. Nobody will want to play this guy at the US.