** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

UEFA > Champions League > 24th - 25th August

Re: UEFA > Champions League > 24th - 25th August Getting mine in early lads.... Young Boys to Qualify v Spurs 3/1 (Bet365) Draw 2-2 33/1 (Coral) Young Boys to score two or more goals 4/1 (PaddyPower) Firstly I think the odds on Spurs to win this match is unacceptable as up to a couple of years this team was called bottlers and I just wonder could they bottle the biggest chance in the club's history. Young Boys lead 3-2 after a great first leg performence in which they could actually be 4 or even 5-1 had they taken their chances until Roman Pavlyuchenko scored a maybe crucial goal seven minutes from time. Young Boys attack could give problems to Spurs dodgy defence as Young Boys showed great pace on the counter attack to score three goals within an half hour, I don't think YB will change much in tactics and will try and break Spurs on the counter attack. With Spurs priced 2/9 how can I get value in that, I'd advice anyone to do bets on Young Boys as I believe they could shock WHL tomorrow night!

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: UEFA > Champions League > 24th - 25th August

The strangest penalty shoot-out I have ever seen in the Anderlecht - Partizan game, Anderlecht kicked three penalties that wouldn't have gone in if they had two goals on top of each other! The pitch has cost them £15m..the Partizan goalkeeper is an utter clown, if they play him against better sides they will get murdered, well either of these teams are likely to get murdered! Poor defensively both of them.. Sorry know this doesn't really belong here, just wanted to make my point!
true, if Partizan plays against big teams with this goaly I think we can put our money on a nice AH in favour of the others...

I cant help myself, but I really like the Bremen lay / back the over. The first match indicated that Bremen has huge problems in defense still with Pasanen on left and Prödl instead the long-time injured Naldo. They were leading 1:0 with a great long shot by Fritz with his weaker left feet from like 20 meters. Further, Sampdoria had the chance to get the equalizer but hit the post. Second goal was a result of a stupid push during a corner kick which ended in a penalty for Bremen. Sampdoria also lost a player here, but still they occasionally tried to get a goal. After 3:0 of Pizarro which was played out nice, but had some luck involved in finish, Samporia managed to get the 3:1 with 10 man in 90+ minute. This weekend, they faced Hoffenheim. Again they did lead by luck - a penalty early in the match. Hence, Hoffenheim knew how to exploit this Bremen team and they outplayed them 4:1 in first half, sitting on the result in the next halftime. If Bremen is already talking about "that we can score an away goal too", they are somewhat also expect to concede a goal. I definitely like the lay Bremen, and back over 2.5 here but willing to do those bets in game after a first impression of what Sampdoria is willing to offer. :ok
Exactly went the way I assumed to be. Tough glad that Bremen could get use of lack of fitness of Sampdoria. :ok

Re: UEFA > Champions League > 24th - 25th August Best midweek for me in a long time, and I disagree the results were that bizzare - good tipping in here, both on Sevilla and Partizan, as well as Samp and Basel... Read somewhere Jose M was praising up Lukaku big time...what I saw tonight was a youngster with shaky balance and bad ball control when under pressure. Bad keeping from the Partizan goalie? Well, the Anderlecht one wasn't any better IMO, not to mention the Sevilla one...

Will do' date=' dude :lol[/quote'] don't get me wrong but Proto made some fantastic saves like he did against Lokeren this weekend.....we talk about JF Gillet,Bailly but this keeper should be the number in national team imo....anyway congrats to our Serbians friends but the ref mr Thompson :puke

don't get me wrong but Proto made some fantastic saves like he did against Lokeren this weekend.....we talk about JF Gillet' date='Bailly but this keeper should be the number in national team imo....anyway congrats to our Serbians friends but the ref mr Thompson :puke[/quote'] No worries, but Proto IMO did not react well, especially with the first goal...in any case I only saw the highlights...

Re: UEFA > Champions League > 24th - 25th August UEFA Competitions 2010-2011 7-4-1 +2.59 units (63.63%) Zenit pick/+0.5 -138 to win 1 unit Maybe a little bit of a homer play but I like Zenit in this game. It's been mentioned before that this team is yet to lose a game this season while Auxerre, in there limited league play, is yet to actually win a game (3 draws). They also haven't gone a game yet this year without giving up a goal. You could argue that Zenit has played better offensively and defensively on the road this year in the RPL. Dynamo Kiev +0.5 (+114) to bet 1 unit I see this one coming down as a draw or possibly maybe even a Kiev win. Ajax has a poor track record against teams that are any good at all when it comes to playing at home in Europe. Gazzaev, the manager of Dynamo Kiev is generally a very good manager when it comes to Europe and leading CSKA a few years back to some unexpected success. I can see this game being a total shootout. You've got Saurez in one end and Shevchenko can score as well for Kiev. I could easily see this ending up another draw, which would suit me just fine, but going the safe route with this one.

Hapoel Tel Aviv-FC Salzburg: I watched the game last week in the Red Bull Arena and i was shocked. Both teams made such big mistakes in their defence it was horrible.They did not have the niveau for the champions league group stage anyway.There could have been 6 or 7 goals.But if we look at the game closely last week there had been a few key situations.An early penalty 4 minutes after the beginning for Hapoel and the goal in the 44th minute.hapoel did always score with very fast counter attacks when salzburg began to play good football.Also the 3:1 goal 10 min after the halftime break. 3:2 at the end because of the Wallner pealty goal. After the 3:2 Hapoel could have scored two goals more because of their fast attacking football. What i want to say is that salzburg has to play offensive today, they have nothing to loose. So coach stevens will play with Wallner(or boghossian) and Alan (2 strikers).That is a very important fact because Stevens never does that. Even against poor teams like kapfenberg. So he will risk a lot today. Like i mentioned before Hapoel did very well with playing fast counter attacks.So i believe there will be many goals tonight. So because of the reasons that i mentioned above my main bet for todays match over 2,5 goals(tipico1,75) .Another bet i looked at: both teams to score@1,65 tipico So good luck to all of you
Mate, just for the record don't play in this **** site called TIPICO ! I made like 1,500 euros over there and I couldn't withdraw anything so I just kept playing until I lost everything. It's just a warning, nothing else.

Re: UEFA > Champions League > 24th - 25th August Ajax v Dynamo Kiev (25/08) 1 1.833 Ajax matched Kiev all the way last week. All respect to Kiev and old Sheva but it feels like Ajax are flying now. Auxerre v Zenit St Petersburg (25/08) X 3.25 I risk a lot by taking draw here but something says it will be tricky for Zenit to score and even trickier for Auxerre. Zenit are unbeaten for ages. MSK Zilina v Sparta Prague (25/08) 1 2.375 To many key players missing in Prague. Three suspended and one is Matejovsky. Taking my chances with Zilina to win again. Treble 14.15 Coral

Re: UEFA > Champions League > 24th - 25th August ukraine friends! who is missing from dynamo's team>? i know that bertoglio and magrao will be out. are they important? also i remember that both goal keepers (or one) were out. what is the situation at this section? thanks

Anyone give me any information on the Auxerre v Zenit St Petersburg match?...I liked how Auxerre played in the first leg and dominated the last half hour in the last match....Could the French team upset the odds?
Really tough one to call mate. Auxerre did a pretty good job over in St Petersburg, only losing 1-0. They conceded very early at the Petrovsky and I, for one, thought they'd be in trouble but give them their dues, they dug in and hit the bar at one point. I don't know a great deal about Zenit (know more now as they've been playing Auxerre) but I expect them to be quite defensive tonight. Bystrov, a lightning quick winger, will probably start and Bukharov will play up top, so I expect them to play on the counter. Lombaerts is missing from the defence that played last week but I don't know how that affects them - Bruno Alves seems to be the main man there. Zenit seemed weakest at left back (think he's called Hubocman, not 100% sure, Slovakian chap) and I expect AJA to target him. They will probably play their young winger Langil, who has pace to burn but is very inexperienced. Jelen, Le Tallec and Pedretti, their three main attacking players, are all fit, and Grichting is now up to speed - the Swiss is an important player for them. I'd say the value, at this moment in time, lies with Zenit, who are above 2.00 with full draw cover. Player for player they are better, but I'm wary of their poor record outside of Russia and the resoluteness of this Auxerre side. They came through some tough matches in L1 last year (won away at Bordeaux, for example) and this match is huge for them, a win would completely change the club. It'll be a cagey match and perhaps unders would be the way to go, but I'm loathe to back those sorts of markets these days. My advice would be to leave this match alone. There are probably easier ways of making money tonight.

MSK Zilina v Sparta Prague (25/08) 1 2.375 To many key players missing in Prague. Three suspended and one is Matejovsky. Taking my chances with Zilina to win again.
The only problem I see here is that Zilina is playing at home and has a 2-0 lead. I simply don't see them as an attacking side. It could easily end in a 0-0 here.

Mate, just for the record don't play in this **** site called TIPICO ! I made like 1,500 euros over there and I couldn't withdraw anything so I just kept playing until I lost everything. It's just a warning, nothing else.
thank you very much for your warning, but i am not playing on the internet tipico is my local booky.but i will remember that :ok

No worries' date=' but Proto IMO did not react well, especially with the first goal...in any case I only saw the highlights...[/quote'] well... perhaps you missed some great saves from Proto. He played a good game, but make him belgians nr. 1 is a bit to much. Gillet was 1 of the best goalies in serie A last season Lukaku idd played a poor game, but he wasn't able of playing a lot of games yet because he's injured, but because Anderlecht's other striker De Sutter is injured and the importance of the game Lukaku had to play.... But this season his football was poor... about today, some nice games. I think I'll go for an ajax win. they have a great team and a good attack. I can't believe the chances they missed in Kiev, but at home I don't think they'll have a lot of troubles with Kiev. 1.84 is a good price for Ajax I believe

Re: UEFA > Champions League > 24th - 25th August AJAX V.S. DYNAMO KIEV - (1X2) AJAX WINS @ 1.80 ladbrokes I am not touching the asian handicap for this one because I still do not have faith in the back four of Ajax. I've seen the way they played against PAOK and the 10 men Dynamo Kiev. Their defence was disappointing. But i do believe that Ajax has the capability to win this match and with home advantage, i will take a narrow 1 goal margin for victory from Ajax. TOTTENHAM HOTSPURS V.S. YOUNG BOYS - (1X2) TOTTENHAM WINS @ 1.20 ladbrokes Young boys has been a pretty much unknown team to many punters and many of us probably would not have expected Spurs to be chasing the game tonight. Unfortunately, shit happens. But that was the past. That was probably a nervous Tottenham with a problematic astroturf. For christ sake, that was Spurs's first champions league game for a long time! But i think Spurs will gain their composure tonight. It is at White Hart Lane, a familiar place always boosts confidence. If you've seen the way they attacked Manchester City, you will agree that Spurs will definitely win tonight, that is of course unless their keeper performs like Joe Hart.

Re: UEFA > Champions League > 24th - 25th August i think anyone who backs a side @ 1.2 after watching the 1st game needs there head testing. ok i'll admit that spurz should go through... but young boys could have scored 6 or 7 and thats not exagerating. my take on this game is that it will be over in 10 mins or spurs will go home. a value bet would be over 1.5 goals in the 1st half @ 2.24 on betfair.

Re: UEFA > Champions League > 24th - 25th August FC COPENHAGEN vs ROSENBORG First match ended 2-1 at Lerkendal in Norway My selections from this match; FC COPENHAGEN WINS AT ODDS 1.80 FC COPENHAGEN TO SCORE OVER 2,5 GOALS IN MATCH AT ODDS 3.50 FC COPENHAGEN TO MOVE ON TO THE CL GROUP STAGE AT ODDS 1.90 Why? Home advantage is a big factor plus the return of Santin in the attack. We managed to get a goal at Lerkendal in Norway which will give us a big advantage in Parken. Rosenborg were lucky with there second goal at Lerkendal and there defence is also a bit leaky, I reacon they will attack from start and Copenhagen will close them down and take advantage with some good counter attack. Expect Santin to score:ok I stick with the facts and try to hold statistics out of the picture as musch as I can:ok GOOD MATCH

SUMOROYAL what about both teams to score?
I reacon there´ll be +2,5 goals, but I dont think Rosenborg will score more than 1 goal, so yes both teams to score is a good bet, but I choose not play it becouse 1.72 (B365) is a bit lame at such bet, why dont take 1.80 for the home win, I dont see this match ending up in a draw, 3-1 could very well be the result:ok This match could end up very brutal becouse of the intence fight there´ll be between these nordic teams, PURE VIKING MATCH, so I would also expect some cards (bookings)

i think anyone who backs a side @ 1.2 after watching the 1st game needs there head testing. ok i'll admit that spurz should go through... but young boys could have scored 6 or 7 and thats not exagerating. my take on this game is that it will be over in 10 mins or spurs will go home. a value bet would be over 1.5 goals in the 1st half @ 2.24 on betfair.
hahahaha good idea:lol I will use the money to get it checked if Spurs wins tonight. TOTTENHAM SPURS V.S. YOUNG BOYS - (HT/FT) HOME/HOME @ 1.53 ladbrokes Spurs are one of the most vicious teams in terms of attacking speed in the Premier League. Out of 19 premier games last season on home ground, 13 matches had Spurs leading by half time. Some of the notable teams that were already defeated by half time was, Chelsea(HT: 2-0), Arsenal(HT 1-0), MAN C(HT1-0). In fact, for the whole of last season till this date, they have yet to lose a game that they were leading by half time. Will Young Boys be able to cushion Tottenham's relentless counter-attack? With Jermaine Defoe back for at least 60 minutes, i think its gonna be a tough game for them.

Re: UEFA > Champions League > 24th - 25th August Tottenham v Young Boys Whilst I'd imagine that Tottenham will go through tonight I will be backing Young Boys at small stakes. The odds on offer just have to be taken. Spurs have to win tonight or they are out....1-0 is enough for them. They are far from strong at the back and from what I saw in the 1st leg Young Boys are more than capable of getting at least 1 on the counter, unless they set-up to take a draw. My Bets: 2pts Both teams to score @ 21/20 VictorChandler 0.5pts Young Boys win @ 12/1 Various As an Arsenal fan I'll be relaxed and enjoying watching the Yid's flop :beer & if my bets come in that's a bonus :nana

Re: UEFA > Champions League > 24th - 25th August Spurs -5AH Corners 1.9 (bet365), Spurs were poor in the last match yet they still gained a reasonably favourable result..the ground will be jumping tonight and I expect Spurs to fly at Young Boys like they did against City on the opening day, we all know that Spurs are one of the best wide teams in the country and nearly beat this handicap in the first leg I believe, even in a game they were on the back foot for large periods..Young Boys are not a good away team and Spurs are a good home side, they sometimes don't play as well against lesser sides but this is a huge game and I think they will step up to the plate..with Spurs needing to score two goals to win (comfortably) they will be on the front foot for large chunks of the game and being a side that normally gets quite a few corners anyway I think they can beat this handicap..Over 2.5 would prob be my preferred bet but at about 1.5ish the odds are pretty poor..also had a bet on Spurs -1EH @1.72 (betfred) because if Spurs play as I expect them too they could be 2 or 3 up by the break, I certainly think if they get an early goal this one could really open up..Defoe can play for at least 45mins but has been in poor form so far, Modric is missing which is a blow but Krankjar proved last season he can fill in for him if required, Huddlestone was excellent when he came on in the first leg and could be important again..Young Boys have no sig missings..