** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

UEFA > Champions League > 24th - 25th August

Re: UEFA > Champions League > 24th - 25th August liking bookings tonight in the spurs game. I dont think this will be as easy has suggested, spurs might outlast them, but I dont see them getting into their groove early. Its very wet outside atm and this game could be pretty nervy for a long time, young boys will have to do some defending (unlike the first leg) and looked dangerous on the break so I can see a few cards being dished out. This ref has given out 5 yellows and 6 yellows in two games this year but doesnt look enourmously prolific before that, hes known for blunders so maybe he will randomly send someone off for nothing to win the bet :lol over 46 booking points at stan james @ 6/4 Maybe this is a stupid question if someone gets 2 yellows is that 35 points or 20 points?

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: UEFA > Champions League > 24th - 25th August Evening gents, One pick for me in tonight's CL games.. Tottenham Hotspur V Young Boys - Tottenham Hotspur (-1.5 AH) win @ 1.81 (Betfair) I know this sounds silly, but this quiet possibly could be the most important game of Spurs' season already. They fought and battled extremely well last year to get that lucrative 4th spot in the EPL and here they are on the brink of putting all that hard graft down the tube....good news for Spurs fans? I don't think the players or Harry will allow that to happen! Harry has gone with the following line up tonight: -----------------------------Gomes----------------------------- Corluka-------------King-----------------Dawson---------Assou-Ekotto Lennon-------------Palacios--------Huddlestone-------------Bale ------------------------Defoe------------Crouch----------------------- Although this is not Harry's strongest line up, it is still a solid unit sent out to do one thing and one thing only, ensure a comfortable victory. They are back at the Lane in front of their own fans, after that shocking first half away in Switzerland last week. The stadium should be rocking with the fans high on expectations of making the CL group stages for the first time in a long long time. Their opponants certainly put their name on the map with that first half display last week, but tonight they come up against a completely different proposition and I can't see the Swiss team being able to keep the pace of Lennon and Bale and the clinical powress of Defore out. Tottenham need to win this game tonight and I reckon they will, so I am happy to take the Tottenham Hotspur win on the (-2AH) @ 1.81 with Betfair :ok:ok Goodluck fellow PL'ers:hope:hope

Re: UEFA > Champions League > 24th - 25th August

Spurs v Young Boys. > 4.5 goals. 4.00 @ Stan James Spurs were poor in the first leg and have to fix this now. They will have some help in attacking department after playing their last match in Stoke with just one striker in Crouch. Pavlychenko should be back, as well as Keane. Considering the fact that Spurs definitely need to score they won't wast the time and wait for the 2nd half for the goal. I expect very open match with lots of goals. Tottenham can score at home freely and even more so against team like Young Boys. On the other hand don't think Tottenham can keep a clean sheet with Gomes being involved. The Brazilian is so inconsistent and was up to his old tricks again @ Stoke. Can see him letting in one or two goals tonight. All in all high scoring affair in prospect. Fingers crossed for at least 5 goals.
I agree to i read about this tips [url=http://www.vipstavka.goldkapper.ru/index.php/newtips.html]

Well thank you Nioreh for giving me a head reading. Really found it useful. What rediculous points you make. Of course I wouldn't take Spurs at 1.01. I suck at punting? Thanks for that, given you know nothing about me or my years of football gambling. You think high prices and value are everything in gambling? That sir, is basically greed, and I've seen many people fall by having their heads turned by long odds. I'm on Spurs tonight, a ton for a modest £25 profit. I'll gamble my way, you gamble yours.
Im sorry if my post was a bit harsh, I was in a bad mood. But the funny thing here is I don't think we don't actually disagree about anything, we just use the word value in different ways. Anyway, good luck with your bet.

Re: UEFA > Champions League > 24th - 25th August What a fantastic performance by Copenhagen up til now..They are totally dominating Rosenborg..Could be 6-0 already, they have had some fantastic chances and twice against the post so no luck also..Didnt expect norwegians to be so poor..

My first post but: MSK Zilina to win 2.30 (Bet 365) looks like a good value bet to me, considering they're playing at home (with a full house of supporters) with a 2 goal advantage. This is more than just a game considering it's Slovak vs Czech. Once more, Zilina are very hungry for it. In addition to the poor start at home and away disadvantage this time around, Sparta Prague is missing several key players. Zilina's manager stated it was important to be careful in defence but that they didn’t want to just sit back. So I'm pretty sure they'll go for a win. The Slovaks won their two earlier home qualifiers by a combined 6-1 scoreline. I think a win is a good bet to take considering all Zilina's advantages and the fact that this is a Czech vs Slovak tie; especially at that value.
:nana

Evening gents, One pick for me in tonight's CL games.. Tottenham Hotspur V Young Boys - Tottenham Hotspur (-1.5 AH) win @ 1.81 (Betfair) I know this sounds silly, but this quiet possibly could be the most important game of Spurs' season already. They fought and battled extremely well last year to get that lucrative 4th spot in the EPL and here they are on the brink of putting all that hard graft down the tube....good news for Spurs fans? I don't think the players or Harry will allow that to happen! Harry has gone with the following line up tonight: -----------------------------Gomes----------------------------- Corluka-------------King-----------------Dawson---------Assou-Ekotto Lennon-------------Palacios--------Huddlestone-------------Bale ------------------------Defoe------------Crouch----------------------- Although this is not Harry's strongest line up, it is still a solid unit sent out to do one thing and one thing only, ensure a comfortable victory. They are back at the Lane in front of their own fans, after that shocking first half away in Switzerland last week. The stadium should be rocking with the fans high on expectations of making the CL group stages for the first time in a long long time. Their opponants certainly put their name on the map with that first half display last week, but tonight they come up against a completely different proposition and I can't see the Swiss team being able to keep the pace of Lennon and Bale and the clinical powress of Defore out. Tottenham need to win this game tonight and I reckon they will, so I am happy to take the Tottenham Hotspur win on the (-2AH) @ 1.81 with Betfair :ok:ok Goodluck fellow PL'ers:hope:hope
:beer Happy with that, knew it was a decent price for such an important game for Harry and his men, well Spurs :clap

AUXERRE V.S. ZENIT ST PETERSBURG - UNDER 2.25 @ 1.76 ladbrokes :rollin Zenit has the upper hand tonight so i guess they will play defensively to soak up the attack of Auxerre. Both of them are pretty much goal shy so under is a better choice for me.
hahahaha good idea:lol I will use the money to get it checked if Spurs wins tonight. TOTTENHAM SPURS V.S. YOUNG BOYS - (HT/FT) HOME/HOME @ 1.53 ladbrokes:rollin Spurs are one of the most vicious teams in terms of attacking speed in the Premier League. Out of 19 premier games last season on home ground, 13 matches had Spurs leading by half time. Some of the notable teams that were already defeated by half time was, Chelsea(HT: 2-0), Arsenal(HT 1-0), MAN C(HT1-0). In fact, for the whole of last season till this date, they have yet to lose a game that they were leading by half time. Will Young Boys be able to cushion Tottenham's relentless counter-attack? With Jermaine Defoe back for at least 60 minutes, i think its gonna be a tough game for them.
AJAX V.S. DYNAMO KIEV - (1X2) AJAX WINS @ 1.80 ladbrokes:rollin I am not touching the asian handicap for this one because I still do not have faith in the back four of Ajax. I've seen the way they played against PAOK and the 10 men Dynamo Kiev. Their defence was disappointing. But i do believe that Ajax has the capability to win this match and with home advantage, i will take a narrow 1 goal margin for victory from Ajax. TOTTENHAM HOTSPURS V.S. YOUNG BOYS - (1X2) TOTTENHAM WINS @ 1.20 ladbrokes:rollin Young boys has been a pretty much unknown team to many punters and many of us probably would not have expected Spurs to be chasing the game tonight. Unfortunately, shit happens. But that was the past. That was probably a nervous Tottenham with a problematic astroturf. For christ sake, that was Spurs's first champions league game for a long time! But i think Spurs will gain their composure tonight. It is at White Hart Lane, a familiar place always boosts confidence. If you've seen the way they attacked Manchester City, you will agree that Spurs will definitely win tonight, that is of course unless their keeper performs like Joe Hart.
4 PICKS IN A ROW! HOW BOUT THAT! :rollin

Spurs -1 @ 8/11 Bet365 HR has some firepower returning tonight, including Defoe & Keane, They were simply shocking in the 1st leg, gifting YB'S 3 goals, the pitch may have had something to do with that, Spurs do create plenty of chances at home, a full house a the lane can help see them through comfortably, especially if they get an early goal.
easy:beer

I no I Slated the Spurs price in the 1st leg, but tonight i fully expect them to win an i also want them to win, Cmon Yids, but i want be backing them @ 1/4 or sticking them in my acca. One bet that does intrest me is the corner market, Young boys dont fair to badly in getting corners, and there not afraid to venture forward, an if Tottenham take the lead which is expected, i can see young boys doing everything they can to get back into it, which in effect could rack up some corners. So while the handicap line is high why not take advantage. Young Boys + 5 corners @ 11/10 Hills :clap BWE Zenit under 2.5 looks a solid bet :)
Corners 4 - 3 to Spurs :ok

liking bookings tonight in the spurs game. I dont think this will be as easy has suggested, spurs might outlast them, but I dont see them getting into their groove early. Its very wet outside atm and this game could be pretty nervy for a long time, young boys will have to do some defending (unlike the first leg) and looked dangerous on the break so I can see a few cards being dished out. This ref has given out 5 yellows and 6 yellows in two games this year but doesnt look enourmously prolific before that, hes known for blunders so maybe he will randomly send someone off for nothing to win the bet :lol over 46 booking points at stan james @ 6/4 Maybe this is a stupid question if someone gets 2 yellows is that 35 points or 20 points?
Well im guessing that is a winner with 4 yellows and a red, coulda been more cards, was a period where almost everyone on the pitch coulda gone in the book.

Spurs v YB Have to punt on this, the match of the season so far for us. Odds on the home win are too low to consider, so have looked elsewhere. The first leg had me focusing on corners, and even with the plastic pitch having a slight effect on the play, the 1st half corners bet for Spurs came in. Can't see much changing with Bale and Lennon coming down the flanks. To beat the bookies, Spurs will need to have 5 corners at least which considering the position they are in, is more than reachable. I am expecting another 1st half just like the Man City game, where Spurs come out of the blocks flying and dominate. YB might adopt the "park the bus in front of goal" strategy and play for a draw, which would definitely help the corners bet. Selection: Spurs over 4 first half corners @ 2.3 PaddyPower
Not a good punt at all, not complaining about the result though. Well done to all the successful picks tonight!

Ajax @1.8 bet365 Early bet for me as i'm sure odds will drop very soon for Ajax.I think they will be around @1.6 before KO.Ajax was unlucky not to win in Kiev.Suarez could be a hero but Dynamo's new keeper Koval was spot on in first leg.I see Ajax dominating match and pressing Dynamo from the start.I don't like all this sh*t around Surkis and Dynamo now.All this "Dynamo" project is all about money in firts place.It's a money making machine.Money firts then football.I know that many clubs are like that but i think Ajax is more genuine then Dynamo.Ajax is hungry for CL,they didn't play there for 4 years and i just don't see them failing this season.Gazaev has changed his tactics in first leg and failed,what's he is going to do i don't know but IMO Ajax will be his last destanation in CL. GL :ok
That's it-Gazaev did his job-Dynamo is out of CL :lol No money for ukrainian giant and i hope Gazaev's days are numbered now :hope But Ajax didn't look that good and will be lucky to pass group stages.

I dont touch Ajax with those odds. I see value on Auxerre and Basel. Basel defeat Debrecen last round in both matches. Debrecen is better team than Sheriff. Basel have a chance to score goals when Sheriff plays an open football. Away win @ 2.55 Zenith is not doing great on away matches and also they only scored 1 goal at home against Auxerre. Zenit could not beat 10 men Urziceni on away match. Urziceni is at the bottom of their league and did not get a win there. French teams are always strong and very dangerous at home. I can see a French victory here but can Auxerre pass, dont know. Home Win @ 2.40 GL all
Well done GLOCK :) Didn't expect Zenit to be out so quick after all money they spent on new players.Maybe new manager?;)

Well done GLOCK :) Didn't expect Zenit to be out so quick after all money they spent on new players.Maybe new manager?;)
thank you Mahno :ok i got a sweet income very useful at the end of month. Maybe this will make them to win the championship after 2 years. Good luck to you tomorrow.:cheers

Re: UEFA > Champions League > 24th - 25th August had a little goals treble. Villa race to 2 goals AEK Athens race to 2 goals Man City race to 3 goals got just over 3/1 odds for it, don't think that's bad!:hope Villa may be a little dodgy, and that's coming from a massive Villa fan! I can't see Dundee standing up to Athens away surely not? The Mancs should cruise it.