** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Grex's OVERS; 353 bets; +3.7% yield

Grex

Re: UNDER or OVER (as the actress said to the bishop) Thanks, Skycity. :ok Interesting to note that for the 11 selections to date, the Overs bets have won 5 out of 5, whereas the Unders have only won 3 out of 6. I will keep my eye on this for the future.

Re: UNDER or OVER (as the actress said to the bishop) I just checked on the O/U odds on the Man City - Liverpool game. The Overs odds are 2.35..... if it was 2.36, then it would qualify as an Overs selection. Tempted..... but a system is a system, and you have to stick to it.

Re: UNDER or OVER (as the actress said to the bishop)

Looks like Liverpool will have trouble securing Champions League this season...
Never mind the Champions League.... what about securing their place in the Premier League ???? (sorry, I just couldn't resist it) :tongue2

Not quite sure what you mean :unsure
I get it now..... you mean if Diouf wasn't on loan to Blackburn, he would have been playing for United.... he would have scored, and if I had bet on United to win, I would have won the bet :\. Unusual logic.... and, anyway, unfortunately Diouf would not get into United's team at the moment.... that's why they loaned him to Blackburn. :tongue2 Anyway, let's not turn this into a United "banter" thread (yes, I know... I started it)

Re: UNDER or OVER (as the actress said to the bishop) Haha. Diouf seems to be better than Di Santo, whom Blackburn loaned from Chelsea last season. Sorry about the Blackburn result, I thought they played well. Anyway, it looks as if that the Overs selections are doing much better than the Unders.

Re: UNDER or OVER (as the actress said to the bishop) Thanks AndyT and Vratislav for your support. Yes indeed, the Overs are doing well.... however, this is partly due to the fact that the season has started with a higher than usual percentage of matches going "over". For example, the Overs for the English Premiership is running at 60%, compared with the average for recent seasons of around 47%. But you still have to pick 'em ;)

Thanks AndyT and Vratislav for your support. Yes indeed' date= the Overs are doing well.... however, this is partly due to the fact that the season has started with a higher than usual percentage of matches going "over". For example, the Overs for the English Premiership is running at 60%, compared with the average for recent seasons of around 47%. But you still have to pick 'em ;)
Was last season of EPL like that too? I remembered that it was high-scoring at the start, then it fizzled out.

Re: UNDER or OVER (as the actress said to the bishop) I think you are probably correct, Relf.... there must be some explanation for this phenomenon.... perhaps the strikers have fresh legs at the beginning of the season :tongue2 From the table below, you can see that both the EP and E1 are way above the average for "overs" at the moment. The Championship, however, is running at about the average. Ah, statistics..... don't you just love 'em ;)

EPECE1
2010-201160%48%65%
2009-201053%46%51%
2008-200947%45%52%
2007-200845%47%45%
2006-200747%49%45%
2005-200645%44%45%

Re: UNDER or OVER (as the actress said to the bishop) Yes, Relf, that's the name-of-the-game.... value. If you look at it objectively, the Chelsea game should go "over" by a mile, but at odds of 2.49 I think it represents good value. Anyway, two big pundits are predicting 1-1.... Lawro :loon, and.....Lawalahmed :loon ..... therefore, this one's in the bag ;)

Re: UNDER or OVER (as the actress said to the bishop) Tis a shame about the yeild Grex but it's still a winning formula right now. I've been following it for the last two weeks and having a "fun" bet on it. I'm sure there will be another improvement to the yeild soon... in the mean time, kepp it up and well done :)

Re: UNDER or OVER (as the actress said to the bishop) Thanks for the kind words, HampshireIan..... unfortunately, if you were only betting on the last 2 weeks, you would actually have made a loss..... not too much, I hope ;) If you ignore the first weekend, the yield has been only 4.6%.... so let's hope we start having an improvement. I will check Sunday's and Monday's odds to see if there are any more selections for this weekend, but I doubt it.

Re: UNDER or OVER (as the actress said to the bishop) Good call, HampshireIan.... you obviously know which weekends to get involved in ! (pity you missed the first weekend :\) As I said earlier, there are no selections for the remaining 2 EP matches this weekend. However, it looks as though there could be a few from the EC on Tuesday.... I will keep you posted !

Re: UNDER or OVER (as the actress said to the bishop) This is just a check to see if the above post registered...... the reason I am checking is because the thread did not go to the top of the list (if you know what I mean) :unsure PS..... OK, it worked this time :nana

Re: UNDER or OVER (as the actress said to the bishop) Can't understand why this thread keeps getting "stuck"..... all day Wednesday it showed BuLLeT06's post as the latest... and yet I had done a later post on Tuesday evening.... can a Mod explain??? (perhaps my tables are too big)