** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

The Jockey Thread

Re: The Jockey Thread

Well' date=' he lost his claim recently. Maybe it has something to do with that?[/quote'] Thanks for reply jayalexander. I was thinking it may be because he is not experienced and good enough yet. He was made no 1 despite having Cremlin apprenticed. I've been meaning for quite a while to start a debate based on your reply. Will do it on your popular Apprentice Watch thread.

Re: The Jockey Thread What a fabulous ride mutiple Group 1 winning Jockey Ryan Moore gave on The Great Gatsby , last to first. I have said for many years that Coolmore should have him as first choice rider. Young Joseph is OK but vastly inexperienced and does not do justice sometimes , yes he has won many Gr 1 armchair rides but he has also lost many that he shouldn't have lost. Again this would have wiped off a few million off the horse's stud value. A top operation should have the best available jockey , when will they see nepotism doesn't work. Maybe they should have had Young Ana O'Brien ride Australia instead. Joking aside , now that Jamie Spencer is available , he'd be a much better choice for first jockey or maybe have Young Joseph and S Heffernan switch positions.

Re: The Jockey Thread That's twice now, Ryan Moore is nicked group 1s in the last few weeks, first Tapestry at York and Now TGG. Joseph has come in for a fair amount of stick on Betfair for his ride on Australia, but as I pointed out in my Derby thread, Australia doesn't like other horses running within a length of him, note his final furlong of the guineas.

Re: The Jockey Thread His ride on Australia was absolutely horrific. To be so far behind the leaders then to stay wide the whole way around the sharp bends on the course, I even muttered half way round "he will be some horse to win like that"... Why couldn't he just sit the horse on the rail and then challenge going for home round the bend? Instead of using up so much energy needlessly.. His ride on leading light was nearly as bad, giving a top class horse like brown panther a 20 length lead is moronic. I hate jockey bashing but it's fully warranted here and he is costing ballydoyle hundreds of thousands if not millions

Re: The Jockey Thread Yes I do like Young Joseph , but I do think he's got too much responsibility on his shoulders. Had R Moore been on Australia and Young Joseph on The Great Gatsby do you think it would have been the same result ? Yes agree his ride on Leading Light was below satisfactory , he is not as tactically astute as other top jockeys yet.

Re: The Jockey Thread Remember Camelot a couple of seasons back ? There was plenty of media attention about Camelot's triple crown attempt , having won the first 2 legs and was about 2/5 for the St Ledger. He came second to a 33/1 shot. If he had won , Coolmore may have retired him as he would have been worth 10s of millions. But instead they had to carry on racing in the hope to restore his reputation. Sadly his form went downhill as can happen to top horses who have had tough campaigns.

Re: The Jockey Thread Piss poor ride of the day goes to................Yipp a Fav on this thread, enter Frank Spencer. Full Result [TABLE=class: tbl t3 mobile-collapse, width: 100%]

[TR] [TH=align: center]Pos[/TH] [TH=align: center]Dist[/TH] [TH=class: ixt]Horse[/TH] [TH=class: ixt]Trainer[/TH] [TH=align: center]Age[/TH] [TH=align: center]Weight[/TH] [TH=class: ixt]Jockey[/TH] [TH=class: mobile-hdn, align: center]SP[/TH] [/TR] [TR] [TD=align: center]1st (5)[/TD] [TD=align: center][/TD] [TD=class: ixt]7 Accipiter[/TD] [TD=class: ixt]C F Wall[/TD] [TD=align: center]2[/TD] [TD=align: center]8-12[/TD] [TD=class: ixt]Ashley Morgan[/TD] [TD=class: mobile-hdn, align: center]25/1[/TD] [/TR] [TR=class: note] [TD=colspan: 8]Chased leaders, ridden 1f out, led inside final furlong, soon pressed, just held on[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD=align: center]2nd (11)[/TD] [TD=align: center]hd[/TD] [TD=class: ixt]1 Mind Of Madness (IRE)[/TD] [TD=class: ixt]D H Brown[/TD] [TD=align: center]2[/TD] [TD=align: center]9-6[/TD] [TD=class: ixt]J P Spencer[/TD] [TD=class: mobile-hdn, align: center]4/1[/TD] [/TR] [TR=class: note] [TD=colspan: 8]Towards rear, headway over 1f out, ridden and kept on to take 2nd place towards finish, just held opened 5/1[/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE] http://www.sportinglife.com/racing/results/19-09-2014/ayr/result/640887/ebf-stallions-harry-rosebery-stakes-listed

• 2 weeks later...

Re: The Jockey Thread Full credit to Megan Carberry in Race 1' at Ayr, some of the SO called bigger overrated jockeys should watch this talented lady rider, she puts a lot of them to shame. WONT but could name about 8 Pro jockeys that are a disgrace these days, id not have them mucking out, let alone ride. Very well done Megan. http://www.sportinglife.com/racing/results/09-10-2014/ayr/result/644217/scottish-leader-maiden-stakes

Re: The Jockey Thread Will hold up my hands as a Tom Queally ''basher'' but fair play today in the Cesarewitch, he was incredible, and no i never backed him, i just know a dam fine ride when i see one, full credit. http://www.sportinglife.com/racing/results/11-10-2014/newmarket/result/636334/betfred-cesarewitch-heritage-handicap

Re: The Jockey Thread Wonderful to see A Atzeni win yet another G1, that's 3 on the space of a month. I think he's a very very promising young jockey. In my opinion he will be a top jockey in the coming years. Also great to see Young Joseph win a Gr1. I know he's won plenty but this will boost his confidence after a few poor Gr1 efforts in recent weeks. Another top jockey in the making. As for the other Gr1 yesterday,it was won by W Buick, an established top jockey. Great to see him and Godolphin win.

Re: The Jockey Thread Just what were jockeys Matt Griffiths & Sam twiston Davies thinking about in the 3:35 Fontwell, both took each other on like a couple of daft school boys and cut each others throats, in a scrap and trying to make all over 2m 6f Piss poor lads, piss poor. http://www.sportinglife.com/racing/results/22-10-2014/fontwell-park/result/645987/dougal-and-jacqui-maconachie-handicap-hurdle

Re: The Jockey Thread Piss Poor rides of the day - Thurs 23rd Oct 2014 W@nker Tom Scudaplonker tries to make all over ''''2 MIles''''' in the 4:40 at Southwell, comes home 4th on a tired Fav, cant you just sit at the back you FCUKING KNOB HEAD!!!!!!!! And if there was ever a Grade A' joker of a jockey that ALWAYS seems to find TRAFFIC or POOR ground or any PROBLEM known to man kind its..........W@NKER Martin Harley. Cant be given any more of my cash to this sport when these FCUKwits are clear to the eye ''Just NOT trying'' or cant READ a fcuking race To save their lives, LOOK up Ya nugget and take note of the MARKERS set out for a reason. Mr Martin Harley. You make No-1 spot of piss poor jockeys i have ever witnessed, if you were in a one horse race you would STILL hit traffic or go wide or find the wrong ground and get beat by you're own FCUKING shadow. Mr Martin Harley No-1 loser-awards-7j3DvL.jpg Oh don't jockey bash, we might offend them, the poor jockeys. Kiss ma fcuking swingers, 80% of them couldn't give a FCUK and turn up for wages, same as they overpaid Fcukwits that run about a pitch most Saturday's JOKERS!

Re: The Jockey Thread I applauded your honesty Jimmy. I respect honest reporting and opinions. If you think I'm a w@nker and you say it to my face, I will respect you for it. If you are polite to my face and then tell every Tom, Dick and Harry I'm a w@nker behind my back then......... This section needs more honesty. By the way, i know you really like Richard Hughes. But what you said about Scudamore and Harley, I think the same about Hughes .He gave his mounts sh!t rides in a few Gr1s last week. Same with Young Joseph on Champions Day. They paid 6 million for Chiquita and Young Joseph hit the front in the final furlong only to veer wide again and lose the race. Kinane and Murtagh would not have made that mistake for a second time. I've been saying this for 4 years now, Ryan Moore...Ballydoyle. Top class horses needs a top class jockey. Young Joseph is not top class yet.

Piss Poor rides of the day - Thurs 23rd Oct 2014 W@nker Tom Scudaplonker tries to make all over ''''2 MIles''''' in the 4:40 at Southwell, comes home 4th on a tired Fav, cant you just sit at the back you FCUKING KNOB HEAD!!!!!!!! And if there was ever a Grade A' joker of a jockey that ALWAYS seems to find TRAFFIC or POOR ground or any PROBLEM known to man kind its..........W@NKER Martin Harley. Cant be given any more of my cash to this sport when these FCUKwits are clear to the eye ''Just NOT trying'' or cant READ a fcuking race To save their lives, LOOK up Ya nugget and take note of the MARKERS set out for a reason. Mr Martin Harley. You make No-1 spot of piss poor jockeys i have ever witnessed, if you were in a one horse race you would STILL hit traffic or go wide or find the wrong ground and get beat by you're own FCUKING shadow. Mr Martin Harley No-1 loser-awards-7j3DvL.jpg Oh don't jockey bash, we might offend them, the poor jockeys. Kiss ma fcuking swingers, 80% of them couldn't give a FCUK and turn up for wages, same as they overpaid Fcukwits that run about a pitch most Saturday's JOKERS!
Why do you always go on about someone trying to 'make all' in a race like nobody has ever won a race that way? It baffles me.

Re: The Jockey Thread No mention of Tom Scudamore's 202/1 Treble at Worcester on Wednesday? Ah right. No mention of Hughes winning the jockey title? Ah right. Ye pick at any negative ye can latch onto, totally negative drivel. Would like a mix, don't get that with Jimmy and Erhaab cos they sulk about life on a daily basis.

Re: The Jockey Thread TOTALLY NEGATIVE DRIVEL ?We cannot control negativity. It is not our fault jockeys ride poor races. We are commenting on that . Whats wrong with that ? Nothing !! I recall Jimmy praising very highly horses like Canford Cliffs , is that negative? I have praised Sam Waley Cohen , Salemm Golam , SDS , Jenny Powell , Paul Hanegan , Rosie Jessop amongst many others , so there is no basis for your attack. Most of my posts are topical , which is just like any other form of news media. David Cameron gets more news coverage than the local MP of Accrington Stanley. Therefore using the same logic R Hughes gets more posts than Willie Twiston Davies. Yes ? R Hughes rides in much more prominent races and therefore when he rides a poor race , we can say so yes? Or are you still of the opinion that because he is champion jockey , won Gr1s , broke his ankle we cannot say anything negative about him just like what you say about AP McCoy. Aidymac , when you turn on the news isn't it 95% bad news except for the very last news item . That is news !! Censorship of news is a crime. We need more honesty on here.

Why do you always go on about someone trying to 'make all' in a race like nobody has ever won a race that way? It baffles me.
More races are won from the back than the front, that's a FACT, MOST horses will get bored running at pace upfront, again a FACT. Well done Tom Scud for riding a treble on Wed, he had one good day on good horses.

No mention of Tom Scudamore's 202/1 Treble at Worcester on Wednesday? Ah right. No mention of Hughes winning the jockey title? Ah right. Ye pick at any negative ye can latch onto, totally negative drivel. Would like a mix, don't get that with Jimmy and Erhaab cos they sulk about life on a daily basis.
You only seem to read what you want to read, or find, i praise jockeys all the time, if you read back the jockey thread its full of praise on jockeys by me, I'm 45 Aidy and have watched a lot more racing than you, do you think i cant tell the difference between a good ride and a bad ride. I can put a good ride into words for you, or can dig out one from You tube so you have it in pictures, i can also do the same with a bad ride. YES at times i come on with all my negative BS but when i study a race or races over a long period of time, then put down my cash I'm paying into the sport, so i then want the best from the man or woman i have put my faith in, my money on, if he or she cant be arsed and it can be seen with the human eye WHY SHOULD i not be allowed to vent my frustration ??? Because you or some other Mod doesn't want negativity on the site, ITS A GAMBLING FORUM FFS ! and in GAMBLING it has good and bad. I don't put jockeys or any sportsman or woman in some untouchable bubble, i have always had full respect for any sportsman or woman that returns and can hold up their hands and say.............Yipp Fk'd up there! IF they don't do that, AND no CNUT tells them, they might think their doing great, they aint. I was listening to Willimhill radio last night just before a race, a guy ''not me'' emailed the show ''PREDICTING'' what Martin Harley would do wrong costing him not only the race, but any chance of PLACE money, i applaud that guy, he was spot on. John Francome once said, we might be armchair jockeys, BUT we still see what they don't, and if jockey cant take criticism, then FK OFF out the game. And NO i wont say well done to a jockey i admire ''Richard Hughes'' he was gifted this years title, Ryan Moore gift wrapped it for him.