** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

The Jockey Thread

Re: The Jockey Thread I think Milkshake is a heritage handicapper at best. Hayley Turner is probably 0-85 material and from what I remember of Amy Ryan she is perhaps listed class with potential. Emma Spencer is a classic contender in comparison though anf genuine Group material :tongue2 Seeing Big Mac in his trunks in the celebrity big brother pool was also a sight for sore eyes :eek

Re: The Jockey Thread Hanagan's ride on Key Breeze in the 9:15 at Lingfield was pure class. Held up the horse for a long time behind an overly strong pace, didn't move turning for home (actually thought he'd messed it up and was gonna get boxed in) and then produced the horse well with a great turn of foot to win the race by 3 lengths. Went off at 8/1 so wasn't exactly fancied either. Great judge of pace and just outclassed them imo.

Re: The Jockey Thread

Oh, in my jockey bashing posts lately I forgot one of my favorites - Ricahrd Kingscote. Just a reminder how crap he can be. 10 minutes ago at Newbury on Sula Two. Fcucking useless :puke
Yes i agree, didnt have a clue what he was doing and left it to late to switch to the outside and make a late dash. Also B Hughes on Stolen Light should have strolled it and messed up the last two fences allowing penny queen back into the race and pipped him on the line.

• 2 weeks later...

Shane Kelly gave Cardinal a cracking ride in the 15:35 Windsor today I thought. Was constantly denied a clear run and had to switch right over the other side of the track past every horse to get a clear passage.
I thought he gave Cardinal a lot of work to do, i wasnt impressed with his ride 1 bit!! Lucky for Shane Kelly the horse was flying fit (i know this because a pile of money came for it early in the morning) and Shane Kelly did miss the kick at the start in the stalls so that was 1 fault. He then should have stuck to the rail like most jockeys would have and when he found a clear passage he would have won by 7/8 lengths going away. I watched the race 3 times and my own opinion is that he gave the horse a bad ride but the horse showed tremendous attitude and acceleration to get him out of trouble. But i can see why you think it was a cracking ride as he did go the long way around, but id question the ride myself personally. :cheers

Looked beaten in my eyes when he was under pressure after dropping back to 2nd last on the bend.
Depends what you call "beaten". For me a horse being asked few questions to keep up until the gap comes isn't well beaten. He was just having him off the bridle, so when he has to he can go for a gap. Let's say he was "in trouble" :ok

Re: The Jockey Thread Clown of the day award goes to PAUL MOLONEY for riding an absolute shocker on Fiulin in the 4.30 at Cheltenham. Sent him off at 100 mph and was reeled in by the field close home. Couldnt understand all the hype on the horse either, Ruby was sat on the best horse in the race yet it kept on drifting and money poured in for Fiulin. Laughing all the way to the counter as Ruby never gave King of the Knight a slap, one to keep an eye on as cruised home up the hill :)

Re: The Jockey Thread Stu, Glencadam Gold completed the treble. They were all short priced favs that went in but I suppose the jockeys champ is not settled on accum SP's its the raw no of wins that matters doesnt it. Me and Wizzkid Walter have backed him at 12/1 for the title so praying he clings on. I had a saver on Moore at evens a while back before he faded away but will be well chuffed if effectively 11/1 comes in.

Re: The Jockey Thread Am I the only one, who thinks Costello actually gave Monet's Garen a bad ride? If Barry was on like last year, Poquelin wouldn't have had a sniff at Monet imo. Some bad jumps early on. Jockey saw some terrible strides. Thankfully the horse is so genuine and improved with the race and remembered how he's done it over the years.