Cricket: West Indies vs South Africa - ODI Series & Twenty20 Internationals

As ever with world cricket these days, one series/tournament ends and another begins. West Indies host South Africa for 2 twenty20 matches and 5 ODI's. It's begins on Wednesday and it's all on Sky. Having had 3 weeks of Caribbean action, hopefully we can all take advantage and nail yet more profit over the next few weeks :dude. Schedule:

Wed May 19 18:00 GMT | 14:00 local 19:00 BST 1st T20I - West Indies v South Africa Sir Vivian Richards Stadium, North Sound, Antigua 39.png 26 - 29° C ci_weather_rightarrow.gifimg_weather_close.gif Forecast Scattered Showers Click here for 10-day-Forecast
Thu May 20 18:00 GMT | 14:00 local 19:00 BST 2nd T20I - West Indies v South Africa Sir Vivian Richards Stadium, North Sound, Antigua 39.png 26 - 29° C ci_weather_rightarrow.gifimg_weather_close.gif Forecast Scattered Showers Click here for 10-day-Forecast
Sat May 22 13:30 GMT | 09:30 local 14:30 BST 1st ODI - West Indies v South Africa Sir Vivian Richards Stadium, North Sound, Antigua
N/A
Mon May 24 13:30 GMT | 09:30 local 14:30 BST 2nd ODI - West Indies v South Africa Sir Vivian Richards Stadium, North Sound, Antigua
N/A
Fri May 28 13:30 GMT | 09:30 local 14:30 BST 3rd ODI - West Indies v South Africa Windsor Park, Roseau, Dominica
N/A
Sun May 30 13:30 GMT | 09:30 local 14:30 BST 4th ODI - West Indies v South Africa Windsor Park, Roseau, Dominica
N/A
Thu Jun 3 14:30 GMT | 09:30 local 15:30 BST 5th ODI - West Indies v South Africa Sabina Park, Kingston, Jamaica
N/A

Re: Cricket: West Indies vs South Africa - ODI Series & Twenty20 Internationals The 1st of the two twenty20's is tomorrow night. 7pm start. I'm going to take 3 bets here. I was close to backing West Indies at 5/4 but with this being the 1st time this ground has been used since that farce of a test match with England last year I'll leave the match and see how the ground is now. 3pts D.Sammy's Performance Pts - 24&Over 5/6 Bet365 Points are scored as follows: 1pt per run, 10pts per catch & 20pts per wicket. I think Darren Sammy was one of few success stories in the world twenty20. He took wickets and scored runs for the Caribbean outfit and I see no reason why he can't continue that here. As with the 3 wickets used in that tournament, I expect this to be low and slow and that suits Sammy's bowling nicely, especially if there's a bit of variable bounce which there could be after the farcical scenes of the sandy test match here last year. He's equally capable of covering this with the bat too as he showed in a couple of matches in the world cup. He's never too far away from the catches either so he's got 3 genuine ways of scoring which leads me to taking the overs here. 1pt S.Benn Most Economical Bowler 4/1 Stan James Only these 6 count: Suliemann Benn, Johan Botha, Dale Steyn, Jerome Taylor, Morne Morkel and Dwayne Bravo. I like Suliemann Benn in this market. Johan Botha had the best economy rate in the world twenty20 but I think the West Indies batsmen are better players of spin than the South African's. I think the South African's are awful players of spin. We've seen before that Suliemann Benn can open the bowling and do it very effectively. He's hard to face because he bowls from a big height and he gets the ball to spin. I think this wicket will play well for him and given how poor the South African's are at playing spin I think Benn is a good bet here. Botha rates as the main danger but hopefully Gayle or Pollard can get stuck into him and at 4/1 Benn will land the spoils here. 1pt D.Miller Top South Africa Batsman 12/1 Betfred Not many people will have heard of David Miller and to be honest I don't know a great deal more about him either. However he clubbed 115 off 60 balls against Bangladesh A recently and looking at his stats he looks a promising player. He averages 40 in 7 twenty20 matches, and 35 through 27 one day matches, both at a strike rate of over 100. Even his 1st class average is solid at 30.33 through 22 matches. We saw in the world twenty20 that this is a batting lineup that is struggling so Miller could well come in and have a go without much to beat. He's clearly a hard hitting batsman who should play spin well if he's smashing ton's of a Bangladesh attack so everything's set up for him to go well at a 12/1 which could turn out to be a big price when the dust settles on this one.

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.