** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Glory Hunters Consecutive Bets League

Rebel

Position   Member Glory Hunt Status   No. of Bets  
1st & Current Champion   Skittle Skittle's Mixture (Part 9) Finished   442  
2nd   ScottyXS Long Term Football Drip Finished   350  
3rd   ScottyXS Long Term Football Drip Sequel Finished   301  
4th   The Red Devil Laying 3-3 FT Correct Score Finished   293  
5th   KittenSprintClub 2000 Bet Challenge Finished   268  
6th   Skittle Skittle's Big One Finished   264  
7th   Skittle Skittle's Mixture Part 6 Finished   245  
8th   KittenSprintClub Double-Up Finished   240  
9th   craiggg 500 Finished   232  
10th   Hodgey 1% 'Steady Drip' In-Active   231  
11th   Skittle Skittle's No Hat-Trick Finished   225  
12th   Skittle Skittle's Mixture Part 5 Finished   221  
13th   The Red Devil Shot At The Top 2 Finished   219  
14th   Skittle Skittle's Mixture Finished   210  
15th   Glenn Hughes Glenn's 167 Finished   190  
16th   craiggg 100% Finished   188  
17th   craiggg 500 Finished   186  
18th   JS_AFC 150 Finished   175  
19th   Skittle Skittle's Mixture Part 3 Finished   175  
20th   Skittle Skittle's Mixture Again Finished   175  
21st   craiggg The Long Road Finished   170  
22nd   Glenn Hughes Glenn's Lays Finished   167  
23rd   ScottyXS Scotty's Attacking Drip Finished   158  
24th   Peacock 500 Bet Challenge Finished   156  
25th   Js 90 Js Big One Finished   156  

• 9 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...
    Skittle Skittle's Mixture (Part 9) Finished   442

442 bets in a row?!? Never seen something like that.. so impressive :-)

Is it possibly to see the thread?

Edited by Guti
Had some more

• 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Position         Member    Glory Hunt    Status         No. of Bets    

1st & Current Champion         Skittle    Skittle's Mixture (Part 9)    Finished         442     
2nd         ScottyXS    Long Term Football Drip                                Finished         350     
3rd         ScottyXS    Long Term Football Drip Sequel                     Finished         301     
4th         The Red Devil    Laying 3-3 FT Correct Score                    Finished         293     
5th         KittenSprintClub    2000 Bet Challenge                             Finished         268     
6th         Skittle    Skittle's Big One                                                  Finished         264     
7th         Skittle    Skittle's Mixture Part 6                                        Finished         245     
8th         KittenSprintClub    Double-Up                                          Finished         240     
9th         craiggg    500                                                                    Finished         232    
10th       JdsGooner  Gooners 1.01 & 1.02                                      Finished         232
11th       Hodgey    1% 'Steady Drip'                                              In-Active         231     
12th       Skittle    Skittle's No Hat-Trick                                          Finished         225     
13th       Skittle    Skittle's Mixture Part 5                                        Finished         221     
14th       The Red Devil    Shot At The Top 2                                   Finished         219     
15th       Skittle    Skittle's Mixture                                                  Finished         210     
16th       Glenn Hughes    Glenn's 167                                            Finished         190     
17th       craiggg    100%                                                                Finished         188     
18th       craiggg    500                                                                   Finished         186

19th       jdsGooner  300                                                               Finished         181                                                
20th       Skittle       Skittles Big One                                              Finished         181     
21st      JS_AFC    150                                                                    Finished         175     
22nd      Skittle    Skittle's Mixture Part 3                                      Finished         175     
23rd      Skittle    Skittle's Mixture Again                                       Finished         175     
24th      craiggg    The Long Road                                                Finished         170     
25th      Glenn Hughes    Glenn's Lays                                          Finished         167 

Edited by Skittle
Tidy up

• 1 month later...

For a 'run' to be recognised and added to the league no prices shorter than 1.01 or 1/100 will be acknowledged. There's no problem with putting them in your bet but if you get to a stage where your numbers are big enough to make it onto the league top 25, those particular bets will not be counted towards your total.

45 minutes ago, Skittle said:

For a 'run' to be recognised and added to the league no prices shorter than 1.01 or 1/100 will be acknowledged. There's no problem with putting them in your bet but if you get to a stage where your numbers are big enough to make it onto the league top 25, those particular bets will not be counted towards your total.

I might as well pack it in then! Why the sudden change? As far as I'm aware there was a previous suggestion of such a minimum odds rule and it wasn't taken up. Surely there must be runs on the board that fall foul of that rule? Are you going to remove them from the current standings? I must protest in the strongest possible terms! (Fairly half-heartedly if I'm honest, but it does seem odd and a bit arbitrary.)

ps - and presumably that rules out laying anything at odds of 101 or more?

Edited by harry_rag
ps added

To be honest and to the best of my knowledge there won't be too many that would fall foul of the new ruling. It would be almost like Mission Impossible to check. I do have a copy of my own 442 and will sift through that soon, but I'm sure there won't be many, if any at all. I was thinking along the lines of what has been done above when another regular suggested it to me. I've also run it past the powers that be and it's been 'okayed'.

It does apply to the Lays as well.

I don't think we would lose any of your entries in the top 25 if we checked back. ?

I'm sure you would agree that some bets like 1/500 and Lay @280 are somewhat extreme.

10 minutes ago, Skittle said:

I'm sure you would agree that some bets like 1/500 and Lay @280 are somewhat extreme.

I totally get the logic, it's just the timing that sucks. I checked the rules before I started and they've changed in play (I think I've done 4 or 5 bets that would fall foul of the rule). I didn't cynically target such prices but some of the markets I favour (cards and corners) aren't well covered on Betfair and I just took the bets I liked.

Maybe it would be fairer to say "from this point forward" so that bets that were placed when there was no such rule can still be counted but none will be from now on. No doubt it will be much fuss about nothing assuming I crash and burn before I get within sniffing distance of the leaderboard!

2 hours ago, harry_rag said:

I totally get the logic, it's just the timing that sucks. I checked the rules before I started and they've changed in play (I think I've done 4 or 5 bets that would fall foul of the rule). I didn't cynically target such prices but some of the markets I favour (cards and corners) aren't well covered on Betfair and I just took the bets I liked.

Maybe it would be fairer to say "from this point forward" so that bets that were placed when there was no such rule can still be counted but none will be from now on. No doubt it will be much fuss about nothing assuming I crash and burn before I get within sniffing distance of the leaderboard!

Seems fair to me..  from this point forward makes sense.

Especially when some on the leaderboard just now will fall foul of the new rules.

I have just gone through my 1.01 & 1.02 thread which is my best run to date. I count 6 bets at lay odds of 110 & 1 at 120. 

I don't mind if you reduce my total by 7 but then surely you would have to go through each entry on the leaderboard? 

I have just come across the thread from ScottyXS back in 2009 - his 350 run - just going over his last 10 bets, 9 of them were at odds less than 1.01 so going by your new rule he would have got nowhere near 350 in a row.

I agree that odds of less than say 1/150 are extreme - maybe start a new fresh leaderboard with this rule? 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 9 months later...
10 hours ago, Skittle said:

Bit of assistance needed here please. Above two references about runs to 167 and 181. Buggered if I can recall whom they belonged to. 

I believe those two have been added to the table already. The last edit was a tidy up in January and I think they might have been added earlier than that.

• 3 months later...

Position         Member    Glory Hunt    Status         No. of Bets    

1st & Current Champion  Harry Rag                                                  Active           477+

2nd        Skittle    Skittle's Mixture (Part 9)                                      Finished         442   

3rd         ScottyXS    Long Term Football Drip                                Finished         350     
4th       ScottyXS    Long Term Football Drip Sequel                     Finished         301     
5th         The Red Devil    Laying 3-3 FT Correct Score                    Finished         293     
6th         KittenSprintClub    2000 Bet Challenge                             Finished         268     
7th         Skittle    Skittle's Big One                                                  Finished         264     
8th         Skittle    Skittle's Mixture Part 6                                        Finished         245     
9th         KittenSprintClub    Double-Up                                          Finished         240     
10th         craiggg    500                                                                    Finished         232    
11th       JdsGooner  Gooners 1.01 & 1.02                                      Finished         232
12th       Hodgey    1% 'Steady Drip'                                              In-Active         231     
13th       Skittle    Skittle's No Hat-Trick                                          Finished         225     
14th       Skittle    Skittle's Mixture Part 5                                        Finished         221     
15th       The Red Devil    Shot At The Top 2                                   Finished         219     
16th       Skittle    Skittle's Mixture                                                  Finished         210     
17th       Glenn Hughes    Glenn's 167                                            Finished         190     
18th       craiggg    100%                                                                Finished         188     
19th       craiggg    500                                                                   Finished         186

20th       jdsGooner  300                                                               Finished         181                                                
21st       Skittle       Skittles Big One                                              Finished         181     
22nd      JS_AFC    150                                                                    Finished         175     
23rd      Skittle    Skittle's Mixture Part 3                                      Finished         175     
24th      Skittle    Skittle's Mixture Again                                       Finished         175     
25th      craiggg    The Long Road                                                Finished         170     

Edited by Skittle

“Too easy” or not, it feels like a decent enough achievement to me to have joined that exalted list, let alone to have made it to the top and displaced the Guvnor!

Ultimately I’d say the final push (via the SoT market) was part good luck and part the sort of strategic thinking you’re supposed to bring to bear in any competition that involves a leaderboard.

By my reckoning there are only 10 individuals on that board and @Skittle occupies an impressive 36% of the places. Let’s see if I’ve really opened Pandora’s Box and ushered in a new age of anyone and everyone firing in 1000+ runs.