** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

UEFA Champions League > 27th - 28th April

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: UEFA Champions League > 27th - 28th April I went for +2.5 goals scored. Nice odds. Bayern defense isn't 100% fit and there aren't really replacements. Bayern goalie is poor so Lyon should be able of scoring goals. Bayern knows they'll have to score to have a chance to qualify for the next round.

Re: UEFA Champions League > 27th - 28th April Evening gents, Line up's for tonight if anyone is interested.... Firstly, Lyon.. ---------------------Lloris-------------------- Reveillere------Cris--------Boumsong------Cissokho -------------Gonalons----Makoun------------- Govou--------------Delgado------------Bastos -------------------Lisandro-------------------- Now, Bayern.. ----------------------Butt------------------------ Lahm-------Van Buyten--Badstuber--------Contento ------------Van Bommel--Schweinsteiger----------- Robben----------------------------------Hamit Altuntop -----------------Olic--------Muller------------------ Pretty predictable line-up's, still think this one has the potential for goals :cheers

Re: UEFA Champions League > 27th - 28th April Seems some posts on the Barcelona vs Inter game are really people's heart set on who will win, qualify etc so just sharing their thoughts and no one will change that :) not that this will help on a betting front but personal opinion.. Barcelona to win & Barcelona to qualify :ok

Re: UEFA Champions League > 27th - 28th April

Lyon v B Munich I can see goals in this for Lyon with the defensive problems for Munich. My only concern for the overs will Munich be able to get enough of the ball and pressure to score. For this reason I am avoiding the over 2.5 market and playing safer with over 1.5 goals. Odds 1.33 with williamhill
Was beginning to get worried. Lyon have been aweful and dont look like scoring. Thank god for Munich

My thoughts exactly, Im more tempted to back Bayern +2 corner handicap @ 1.95 :ok Stats support this, and If Lyon dont step up their game, they will get devoured by Bayern, and once it was down to 10 vs 10 finally in the 1st leg it was clear to note that Bayern rack up the corners with their wing-play. I doubt Lyon will get many corners seeing how they like to pass the ball into the box before they go all the way down the line.. Not saying its ineffective, but there is definitely a much lower possibility of a corner coming from such a cross...
Gratz to all Bayern corner backers :beer

Re: UEFA Champions League > 27th - 28th April Have to say I originally thought bayern would win this tie and put a few bob on them first leg. After watching the first leg the impression I got was Lyon played poorly and could only play better than the first leg. How wrong was that, think that has to be the poorest performance I have seen from any club for a long time. Nothing like the Lyon teams we have seen in the past. Just clueless from the off, no shape, couldnt pass, just a very very poor show, nerves whatever, but that was not a Lyon team. Well done to all the winners.

Evening gents, Hopefully we are in for a couple of exciting and entertaining nights with the CL games this week.. Lyon V Bayern Munich - Over 2.5 goals @ 2.00 (Bet365) Lyon -2 (AH) Corner Handicap @ 1.97 (Bet365) Firstly, I was largly disappointed with Lyon approach, energy and overall performance in the first leg of this tie a week ago in Germany. They had the excuse of a long and tiresome journey, but in all honesty I think their coach was just happy to concede as few goals as he could and then get the Germans back on their own turf. I cannot see us getting the same lackluster performance from the French side in this tie, I really feel with the crowd behind them and only facing a 1 goal deficit they will see a place in the Champions League final as very achievable. I feel they will come into this game well rested, having not had to play at the weekend, well focused and well motivated to turn this tie around. They will be without Toulalan but they have adequate cover to deal with this. They must score, that much is simple, if they want to progress. Bayern Munich come into this game with a slender lead but with a weakend team. Ribery and Pranjic are both definatly out through suspension, however they do welcome back Mark Van Bommel. Other problems include injuries in defence where Daniel Van Buyten and Martin Demichelis are both touch and go to be fit for this game. I can see Lyon doing the pressing in the early half of the game to look for that much needed goal, but I can also see Bayern scoring, the overs look a real good shout here in my opinion. Bayern have gone over the 2.5 threshold in each of their 5 Champions League away matches this year. Satisfied with the odds here and I am willing to back over 2.5 goals @ 2.00 (Bet365) and Lyon on the -2 AH Corner Handicap @ 1.97 (Bet365) :hope:hope Goodluck everyone :ok:ok
Won on the overs, lost on the corners....overall showing a profit tonight though :beer Shame about the sending off, Lyon may have racked up a few more corners as they chased the game, but have to say I was more than disappointed in their performance, seemed to lack energy, passion and talent.

Won on the overs, lost on the corners....overall showing a profit tonight though :beer Shame about the sending off, Lyon may have racked up a few more corners as they chased the game, but have to say I was more than disappointed in their performance, seemed to lack energy, passion and talent.
Which was a result of the way Bayern did play I would say :ok

Certainly the Germans were full or energy and seemed hungry to win it :clap Was not cause of Bayern though that the Lyon players could not complete simple passes or crosses :\
Sure they could finish their attacks much more effective hence Bayern's first 100% attack in first minutes did make the whole stadium silent. Many teams would have defended that 1:0 score from first match but Bayern did not. Just amazing regarding that Lyon had a break at the weekend and Bayern had not - Buyten only able to play one half same as Demicheles. Ribery suspended same as Pranjic, plus Bayern still playing for three titles. 4 matches to go for three titles :loon

Bayern +2 on corners for me as Lyon's home record on corners in the CL is poor. Stat's as follows... Won 6-4 vs Bordeaux Lost 4-7 vs Real Won 9-8 vs Fiorentina Lost 2-5 vs L'pool Lost 0-7 vs Debrecen While Bayern have done very well away from home in the CL Won 7-9 vs Man U Won 1-3 vs Fiorentina Won 4-10 vs M Haifa Drew 4-4 vs Bordeaux Won 2-11 vs Juve I know Ribery is out but I still fancy Bayern to win on a +2 after lookign at the stats above. GL everyone
Bayern won 6-2 on corners. Men against boys really, shame the game was one sided.

Men against boys really' date=' shame the game was one sided.[/quote'] Wonder which team did field the boys :loon Diego Contento 19 years old. Holger Badstuber 21 years old. Alaba 17 years old. Müller 20 years old.

Re: UEFA Champions League > 27th - 28th April Barcelona to win both halves at 9/4 with Bet365 looks a fairly good bet tomorrow. Barcelona need to score a minimum of 2 goals so will come out and attack Inter and I think they can get an early goal. They will then need to continue to attack so i like the odds on this bet.

Re: UEFA Champions League > 27th - 28th April After taking Lyon today, going to be more cautious tomorrow. Barcelona really should win tomorrow, and will throw everything at Inter. But Inter certainly will not go down without a fight. I'll play it safe and take a bet on Lionel Messi to score anytime (4/7 @ William Hill) Has scored over 40 goals this season, and playing at home in the Nou Camp, i can definately see him grabbing at least one in tomorrows match.

After taking Lyon today, going to be more cautious tomorrow. Barcelona really should win tomorrow, and will throw everything at Inter. But Inter certainly will not go down without a fight. I'll play it safe and take a bet on Lionel Messi to score anytime (4/7 @ William Hill) Has scored over 40 goals this season, and playing at home in the Nou Camp, i can definately see him grabbing at least one in tomorrows match.
Well, I strongly advise you to shop around - the 4/7 is pretty skinny for the market, especially as 5/6 is available on the exchanges (BF).

Well' date=' I strongly advise you to shop around - the 4/7 is pretty skinny for the market, especially as 5/6 is available on the exchanges (BF).[/quote'] 4/7 and 5/6? I have seen almost only better than that. Especially, Interwetten' 2.20 is a standout price for this bet. ;)

Re: UEFA Champions League > 27th - 28th April Barcelona - Inter: Both teams to score @ 1.85 (Interwetten) 8/10 Staking is more than average for such a bet. I really range staking in this bet from 3 to maximum 7 units and most usually ranging from 5 to 6. But this is an exceptional case: 1. No way I can understand the odds. With max odds on 1.65 for over2.5, we have a G/G option exceeding the price by 0.2 which is quite rare. 1.85 is practically almost the same price as over3.0 which is both rare and remarkable. 2. The game itself seems very overish, of course. Barcelona will push and Mourinho know's qualification needs one goal from them. One goal that would mean 3 are needed from Barca to send the game in overtime. Under same notion, if Barca scores first and game is on 1-0, Barca will in no way change gears, nor Inter will have less necessity for goals. Empty spaces for counter will be enormous and even in the tight game scenario, G/G is very very possible. Of course, we could easily have a goal fest and a victorious bet soon enough. No need to expand much further, anyone having a taste for over in this game, has a gift waiting for him in terms of value, while all those aching to find a bet on this game, may have found the deal they want. So, a maximum stake for this kind of bet, 8 units. GL!

Re: UEFA Champions League > 27th - 28th April More worthwhile bets in the game: -Red Card to be given @ 3.55 (Expekt) We've seen more than our fair share of players sent off in CL in these knockout games and the tension expected provided a good possibility for us. Odds are very good for this bet. -Anytime Scorers, Messi @ 2.20 (Interwetten), Eto'o @ 4.33 (Ladbrokes), Milito @ 4.00 (Ladbrokes) These are the games where big guns take charge. All odds seem worthwhile here. I'd advice anyone already big on G/G not going big on scorers too, these are relative bets. But scorers are of course also, single options for anyone really.

Many teams would have defended that 1:0 score from first match but Bayern did not. ........... Bayern still playing for three titles. 4 matches to go for three titles :loon
Bayern are definitely a big team and deserve to go to the final---everything since the thrashing of Juventus in Torino....Fiorentina, Man U...and now this...they are no fluke...They even took their foot of the gas towards the end, as if to save Lyon from further embarrasment There is one strange coincidence though, just like Bayern---Inter are also still playing for the treble-5 matches to go...No-one has ever won the treble in Italian football--the Scudetto, the Cup and Champions League...what a way to go would that be for a certain Jose:tongue2 Inter is actually on the driving seat to achieve just that..top of the Serie A and facing Roma in the Cup final. As I predicted here last week, I believe my first bet should come through tonight:
Inter ...the only side left that is able to overcome Barcelona and progress to the final so my bets are --Inter to qualify @ 2.87' date='medium stakes as well as a small bet on Inter to win the Champions League @ 5.00 --both at PaddyPower.
Both these bets are now only available at 1.57 and 2.62 respectively. After watching the first leg I firmly believe that Inter has the right mix of players in midfield and defense resilient enough to thwart Barca, as well as enough quality up-front for a sucker punch.. I think Inter will also try to counter attack early and possibly score early to silence the 100,000 fans at Nou Camp...I do not believe Barca can then score 3 or more against this Inter team...at least not against 11 men and not without reply. Barca will chase the game though and I believe they will beat a good corner handicap (no matter what the previous corner stats say) I have therefore decided to conservatively take these bets, mostly as cover for the main bet: -5 Barca corners @2.25 5 units Red card in the match @ 3.2 3 units Correct score 2:2 @ 15 2 units all at PaddyPower... I found this statistic really bizarre as well--Messi has never scored or assisted a goal against Mourinho's teams, apparently...surely this must be the match for him to do so...tempted by odds of 3.5 for 2 or more goals by him(just in case my main bet goes pear-shaped) Anyway, Good luck to all and no matter what happens, one thing is for sure...it will be beautiful and enjoyable to watch.

Re: UEFA Champions League > 27th - 28th April Sport Football (Euro Cups) Event Barcelona-Inter Selection Barcelona ( -1,5 ) Strength 10/10 Date 28/04/2010 Bookmaker/Price Bet365 @ 2.30 (Back) Reasoning In first match in Italy,Barcelona lost with 1-3.So,the hosts must to score at least 2 goals for to obtain the qualification in last round.I think Barcelona can recover this handicap,they being the best team in this world.Messi,Ibrahimovici or Pedro can decide this meeting.I know Inter has a strong defensive,but Barcelona has a strong attack.Will be difficult for Inter defenders to stop at least on Messi.Tonight will be a spectacular game and the final score can be again 2-0, as it was in the group stage.

Re: UEFA Champions League > 27th - 28th April Barcelona advance to the final 2.2@triobet Barcelona vs INTER Over 4.5 4.75@Triobet For some reason this is like a bet on home win 2.2! of course it can end up 1:0, but to be honest i dont believe it, it can't, just can't end like this at Nou Camp where 90.000-100.000 peoples will support the home team. i think that barca could score in first time and then it could go very very unpredictable, with barca going forward all over. Looking to this objective it's a very tight game and what we saw from Inter's performance it should go very tightly, but like i mentioned barca with fans behind will come up super strong tonight you can be sure, and i just cant imagine them not scoring today ... well, then it will be all credit to Jose, but ... Nou Camp is Nou Camp. I Remember when they hold on Chelsea about 8 years ago i believe, when all stadium where coloured 2:0 They lost @ Stamford 3:1, but come up very strong, and this is the same situation, many thoughts before the game, but when the game will start this will be unpredictable. i'll pick it up Barca to advance with comfort, and that over 4.5 goals looks pretty good too, if barca goes up 2:0 in first it could open pitch to barca too, this day is a historical day, don't miss it out ... :hope http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1zMg3Zlbagg&feature=related well, this is a 1999/2000 year, like i said about chelsea and barca it's a 9/9 video the last one, i remember that unforgotable game and you can see here 1/9 video 2:0 ; http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sold6MuRMg8&feature=related sorry language is russian, but to football don't need a speech right? :)

Re: UEFA Champions League > 27th - 28th April Barcelona -1.5 @ 2.34 pinnacle Barcelona will be satisfied with a 2-0 win here to progress through and they may get this and more in this game. In looking at their last few games in the Champions League, each time they have had to get a result and they have done so with ease. In the group games they beat Dynamo Kiev 2-0 at home, surprisingly lost 2-1 to Rubin Kazan and then beat Inter 2-0. Following on from this, Barcelona drew 1-1 away to Stuttgart and then smashed them 4-0 at home. Then they had a 2-2 draw away to Arsenal and then comprehensively beat them 4-1 at home. What you can gauge form this is that at home, apart from the hiccup with Rubin Kazan, they are very very hard to beat. They have won by a 2 goal margin in these 4 wins at home, and if Inter decide to play it tight and conservative, doubt that they can hold them out. While Mourinho pulled a few tricks to surprise Barcelona in the first leg, the only strategy he has left is to park the bus and hope for the best. If he attacks, then on the more spacious Nou Camp, Barcelona will tear them apart, as while they were able to contain Xavi and Messi in Milan, doubt they will be able to do so here if they play an open game. If they defend from the start, then Barcelona will attack and attack and eventually they will break them down. Too many good players here not for them to score, and Ibrahimovic is another who will be looking to get on the score sheet against his old club. A refreshed Barcelona side that does not have to travel, are aware of what Inter can throw at them, and now just have to play their natural game, are more than cpable of getting the 2 goals they need to progress through to the final

Barcelona advance to the final 2.2@triobet Barcelona vs INTER Over 4.5 4.75@Triobet For some reason this is like a bet on home win 2.2! of course it can end up 1:0, but to be honest i dont believe it, it can't, just can't end like this at Nou Camp
2-1, 3-2, 4-2, 4-3, 5-3, 5-4 would all see Barca win and fail to qualify. A 3-1 home win may or may not do it. If the exchanges are anything to go by these scorelines are at least a 25% probability, so you're bet is a long way shy of being 2.20 on a Barca home win. Personally, I see high value in an Inter win (7.6), and a 0-1/0-2/0-3 (29/65/150) scoreline. Look what happened in the quarter finals - Inter frustrate Chelsea, who are forced to surge forward. Holes open up at the back and presto, the away side takes the lead. The forward press goes into hyper-attack and the hole becomes a chasm, and a couple more goals on the counter become possible. Not saying it will happen, but against a highly offensive minded Barca who must win, against a disciplined and organized side coached by Mourinho, it's certainly possible (and, IMO, good value). Draw/Inter @ 18 is also a very strong shout, if the above described scenario were to materialize. In fact, I'd probably say that's the standout value pick of the game.

Re: UEFA Champions League > 27th - 28th April Inter Milan + 4.5 AH Corner Handicap @ 2 - Bet365. Barcelona aren't a side that strictly play for corners all the time. They are more likely to cut inside, or try to find the killer pass. Basically, I think this line is far too high, and the straight win odds slightly too short. Inter haven't lost a - 4.5 CH against anyone away from home in the CL. That stat may not be important because of the way this fixture will play out. Barcelona are heavy favourites, and rightly so. Just because a side is favourited, doesn't automatically mean they will win a huge corner handicap.

Re: UEFA Champions League > 27th - 28th April This is going to go one of two ways On the wet, short, massive Nou Camp pitch Barca can play their expansive game and Inter will be outclassed and overun and will not be able to hold them. Barca will score three or four and qualify. Alternatively, Inter will once again play an aggressive attacking line up and press and niggle Barca and worry and frustrates them. They will hold them to the draw or one goal defeat that sees Inter through, and maybe even score one on the counter as they did at Chelsea and CSKA. This will either be a goal fest or an under 1.5. Basically I dont know what will happen anymore than anyone else does! If I was a Barca fan, I would be confident. But even though I expect Barca to win and probably qualify, there is no precedent for a team overturning a 2 goal deficit in the second leg in the CL. If anyone can do it, Barca can, but at the prices as a punter I have to make the percentage call which is to take Inter with a goal start on the asians. Inter +1 AH 3 points @ 2.37 (paddys)