** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

UEFA Champions League > 27th - 28th April

Re: UEFA Champions League > 27th - 28th April Lyon have got a few key doubts and missings too from uefa.com

Team news Bayern Out: Anatoliy Tymoshchuk (gastroenteritis) Doubtful: Martín Demichelis (calf), Daniel Van Buyten (calf), Diego Contento (leg), Miroslav Klose (illness) Suspended: Danijel Pranjić, Franck Ribéry Misses next match if booked: none • Tymoshchuk has not travelled to France while Demichelis and Van Buyten picked up minor calf problems on Saturday and Klose missed training on Monday with a cold. • Hamit Altıntop trained on Sunday after recovering from a groin problem and will be available. Lyon Out: François Clerc (knee), Joan Hartock (ruptured Achilles), Mathieu Bodmer (hamstring) Doubtful: Jean II Makoun (groin), Lisandro (ankle), Jean-Alain Boumsong (calf) Suspended: Jérémy Toulalan Misses next match if booked: Aly Cissokho, César Delgado, Maxime Gonalons, Kim Källström, Cris, Miralem Pjanić • Cris is likely to play despite suffering hip and knee injuries in Munich, saying on Monday: "I feel better and should be OK". Boumsong has resumed training and is expected to play, the poor french buggers.

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: UEFA Champions League > 27th - 28th April

I must really be missing something here....:eyes Lyon to qualify @ 3.9 - Betfair. Munich may be without defenders Daniel van Buyten and Martin Demichelis after both picked up knocks at the weekend. Franck Ribbery is suspended. I just feel that this tie is still very much in the balance, with only a slender 1-0 victory for Munich to hold on to. The price for Lyon to qualify is massive imo. Munich have relied heavily on wonder strikes from Robben to keep them in the CL, and are yet to win an away fixture in the knockout stage of this competition. Lyon have won all but one of their home CL fixtures this season. Drawing the other fixture against Liverpool. For a tie, where there is only one goal in it, anything over 2 for one side to qualify at this stage of the competition is a little unfair.
I'm happy to see you Jase taking Lyon to qualify. I'm going for a crazy double and I think it's Barca and Lyon meeting in Bernaubeu in the final. They pay [email protected] for this double and I keep my fingers crossed for Lyon. I just can't stand the manner in which Bayern qualify for in the CL this season: first thanks to a 10-meter offside by Klose's goal against Fiorentina, then they mobbed the ref to send Rafael off against United, then again in a game against Lyon 1 week ago typical germans forced the ref to send Toulalan off for a foul that was a questionable yellow.. I think that Lyon will do the business today and eliminate Bayern. I keep my fingers crossed :hope

Re: UEFA Champions League > 27th - 28th April Lyon - Bayern Munich over 2.5 @ 2.07 pinnacle Lyom will need to go on the attack as they need to peg the 1-0 deficit from the first leg. Bayern will be content to sit back and hit them on the counter, however this may not easy for them given that they have injury concerns for their defenders Demichelis, van Buyten and Contento, while midfielders Pranjic and Tymoschuk are out. They have not shown in the past that they have a solid and reliable defence and expect Lyon to score on them. If Lyon score early, and the tie is even at 1-1, then Lyon will continue to attack looking for the second goal. This will allow bayern to once again look for a goal on the counter. Without Toulalan there, they may have some success scoring on Lyon. Irrespective who scores the second goal, then expect the side who is behind on aggregate to go for it, which will open the game right up and see a third goal scored in this game. In Bayern's last away games, which were both the second legs of the ties, they featured in 3-2 losses, but the fact that they were more positive on the road than at home should see them go with the same approach here. They will look to score first, and then force Lyon to come at them. Bayern have one player in Robben right now who can take advantage of playing on the counter and he has been in very good goalscoring form. Like the look of some goals in this game

Re: UEFA Champions League > 27th - 28th April The thing is, it is far from clear whether Lyon can score many goals, as Manchester United did for instance. There are a lot of scenarios with few goals where Bayern is qualified and Lyon doesn't manage to come back. Similarly, Bayern scores a lot when they are behind and they have nothing to lose, but if they lead 0-1 they might try and keep the result, so to speak.

Re: UEFA Champions League > 27th - 28th April I can tell you the latest team news from Germany: Contento is able to play and with Lahm, Badstuber, and VAN Buyten(he is also able to play which was said on the German ZDF TV 5 minutes ago) the Bayern defence is a very strong one.so the only one who is really missing is Demichelis who will wait on the bench to come in.The midfield will be with Robben,Van Bommel,Schweinsteiger and Olic.And the team will be completed with Gomez and Thomas Müller.So in my opinion it is a very strong team so i cannot imagine that Lyon will kick Munichs today GOOD LUCK to all of you

Bayern +2 on corners for me as Lyon's home record on corners in the CL is poor. Stat's as follows... Won 6-4 vs Bordeaux Lost 4-7 vs Real Won 9-8 vs Fiorentina Lost 2-5 vs L'pool Lost 0-7 vs Debrecen While Bayern have done very well away from home in the CL Won 7-9 vs Man U Won 1-3 vs Fiorentina Won 4-10 vs M Haifa Drew 4-4 vs Bordeaux Won 2-11 vs Juve I know Ribery is out but I still fancy Bayern to win on a +2 after lookign at the stats above. GL everyone
Without Ribery and Pranjic it will be hard. Only Robben will have to do it, but he sometimes go to the middle.

Without Ribery and Pranjic it will be hard. Only Robben will have to do it' date=' but he sometimes go to the middle.[/quote'] Ribery played nothing in the last matches if you saw him against Gladbach.It was terrible. He is absolute out of form. And Daniel Pranjic has no international class. The Manchester game was the only one in which you could say he did his job quite well.He often has big technical problems and you see that all the time in Bundesliga. So if you ask me both wont have any positive effects for the team.

Re: UEFA Champions League > 27th - 28th April Hey guys here's my two cents.. The first leg showed that even an unhappy and well-travelled Lyon side can keep Munich out of there free flowing attack. Without having to worry about Ribery, I expect Lyon to funnel Robben to the middle where he wont be as dangerous, forcing problems for Munich in attack. Lyon were able to contain the likes of Madrid and C. Ronaldo at home, so I dont see why they wont get it right again this time around. Seems like most people here are on the Over but one aspect of Lyon's game that we must give Puel credit for is their patience. I just think that Lyon will be more keen on keeping a clean sheet through half than getting a goal, does noone else see it that way? For now, I like the value of: Lyon 1-nil final score @ 6.00 & Lisandro Lopez first goalscorer @ 6.5 May change later :cheers

Hey guys here's my two cents.. The first leg showed that even an unhappy and well-travelled Lyon side can keep Munich out of there free flowing attack. Without having to worry about Ribery, I expect Lyon to funnel Robben to the middle where he wont be as dangerous, forcing problems for Munich in attack. Lyon were able to contain the likes of Madrid and C. Ronaldo at home, so I dont see why they wont get it right again this time around. Seems like most people here are on the Over but one aspect of Lyon's game that we must give Puel credit for is their patience. I just think that Lyon will be more keen on keeping a clean sheet through half than getting a goal, does noone else see it that way? For now, I like the value of: Lyon 1-nil final score @ 6.00 & Lisandro Lopez first goalscorer @ 6.5 May change later :cheers
lol, did you even watch the games? Robben is dangerous anywhere, he scored that absolute beauty of a goal vs united from the middle and if you have seen him in action in the bundesliga he has scored from the middle as well with no problems.. I think -1 handicap on Lyon is hoping for too much, they are a team with few goals and you expect them to score two against bayern? I seriously doubt it and I think you are hoping for too much, though the bet of Lyon qualifying seems to be a great one though I wont be touching it, as it gives you the extra cover of the likely scoreline of 1-0 and going into extra-time.

lol, did you even watch the games? Robben is dangerous anywhere, he scored that absolute beauty of a goal vs united from the middle and if you have seen him in action in the bundesliga he has scored from the middle as well with no problems.. I think -1 handicap on Lyon is hoping for too much, they are a team with few goals and you expect them to score two against bayern? I seriously doubt it and I think you are hoping for too much, though the bet of Lyon qualifying seems to be a great one though I wont be touching it, as it gives you the extra cover of the likely scoreline of 1-0 and going into extra-time.
He never tipped Lyon -1.... He said Lyon 1 - 0 Bayern :ok

Others did though, and Slizorn backed up my own thoughts tbh. It's really a case for me of whether I 'think' Lyon can win two or three nil. The AH might be a better selection based on the fact that 1-0 is the only possible scoreline where to qualify is a better bet. But, I don't personally see Lyon as having enough about them to win convincingly. ......which, puts a huge doubt in my mind as to whether Lyon to qualify was such a great bet, and perhaps the odds are fair. All in all, I've taken the bet because I feel the odds are too big, so I'll have to stick with my selection :hope

Others did though, and Slizorn backed up my own thoughts tbh. It's really a case for me of whether I 'think' Lyon can win two or three nil. The AH might be a better selection based on the fact that 1-0 is the only possible scoreline where to qualify is a better bet. But, I don't personally see Lyon as having enough about them to win convincingly. ......which, puts a huge doubt in my mind as to whether Lyon to qualify was such a great bet, and perhaps the odds are fair. All in all, I've taken the bet because I feel the odds are too big, so I'll have to stick with my selection :hope
Granted but I was pointing out that the poster in question ahd'nt actually tipped that. Don't think its fair to say a member has tipped something when they havent :ok I personally can't see Lyon beating the -1 handicap. Bayern have a weak defence, we know that, but they also have a strong attack and if the Germans score one (which I expect them to do) then Lyon will need to score three to qualidy and beat the handicap - something I am not sure whether they are capable of tonight.

Re: UEFA Champions League > 27th - 28th April Despite my god awful performance in the Champions League recently I am venturing into the fray again. A lot has been said about this match. All the various tangents the match can go off in based on who scores first etc. The only thing I feel confident about is both teams scoring to be honest. Lyon cannot perform as they did in the first leg. They showed little venture even when they had an extra man. They of course have to win tonight so must be better. In the first leg Bayern could have had a comfortable cushion by HT if they had been sharper in front of goal. In the end it took a fortunate goal to give them the slender win, but it could have been comfortable. I do not feel confident in either sides defence , regardless of who plays, and given the attacking approach Lyon surely must take I fancy there to be chances at both ends. Both teams to score - 1.77 - Betfair

then they mobbed the ref to send Rafael off against United' date=' then again in a game against Lyon 1 week ago typical germans forced the ref to send Toulalan off for a foul that was a questionable yellow.. [/quote'] Your "typical german" quote is as relevant as when Fergie said it. He said it about a Dutchman and a Frenchman! You seem to forget that the latter referee sent off Ribery too. Nobody can force the ref to do anything. If you are using this logic to justify a bet, then surely you might think that Bayern are getting all the decisions and therefore "their name may well be on the cup". I'm hoping for a Lyon Barca final, but can't say if tonight's tie will be decided in 90 minutes or not.

Bayern won both previous ties on away goal rule and I guess it will happen again this time. Based on that Lyon 2-1 might be a good option. Price on Inter looks like another mistake by the bookies. Inter won 5 games in a row, Puyol is suspended and I don't see why Inter can't win at Nou Camp.
You will find out the why on wednesday night..

Yeah, I was addressing all of the posts in the forum that were discussing both of those bets, probably should have mentioned that or multi-quoted bu that would have been troublesome, but yeah Jase cleared that up for me :ok

Of course this is a good price. But I wonder if 5.50 (Paddy Power) for Lyon's handicap win is a better deal here. I mean' date=' only 1-0 is an escaping score to the second bet and 1-0 doesn't even guarantee a qualification really. Maybe at a 60% better price we get ourselves a better deal here for almost the same scenario... ;)[/quote'] I get what you are putting out here, but I feel Lyon are a team who would comfortable be with this scoreline, secondly if I was going for a correct score on this match 1-0 would be my first choice, also I believe Lyon are better than what was seen first leg and with home advantage and bayern a few out, Im hoping they can win by at least 2. So Im comfortable with my Lyon to qualify.

Re: UEFA Champions League > 27th - 28th April Lyon v B Munich I can see goals in this for Lyon with the defensive problems for Munich. My only concern for the overs will Munich be able to get enough of the ball and pressure to score. For this reason I am avoiding the over 2.5 market and playing safer with over 1.5 goals. Odds 1.33 with williamhill

Re: UEFA Champions League > 27th - 28th April José Mourinho names squad for Barcelona v Inter Goalkeepers: 1 Francesco Toldo, 12 Julio Cesar, 21 Paolo Orlandoni, 51 Vid Belec. Defenders: 2 Ivan Cordoba, 4 Javier Zanetti, 6 Lucio, 13 Maicon, 23 Marco Materazzi, 25 Walter Samuel, 26 Cristian Chivu, 39 Davide Santon. Midfielders: 5 Dejan Stankovic, 7 Ricardo Quaresma, 8 Thiago Motta, 10 Wesley Sneijder, 11 Sulley Muntari, 15 Rene Krhin, 17 Mariga, 19 Esteban Cambiasso. Strikers: 9 Samuel Eto'o, 22 Diego Milito, 27 Goran Pandev, 45 Mario Balotelli, 89 Marko Arnautovic.

It looks to me that with this analysis you are trying to convince yourself more then any one else to put the money on barca.. Since you are saying that Inter was worned out mentaly from the Atalanta game' date=' does the fact that they actualy came from behind to win the game should give them extra boost would you think???or the fact that Roma gave them the best gift any one can give them mean something more????? If you are looking for value mate, maybe you should be looking at Inter to qualify..$1.67 centrebet. Good Luck and don't worry to much about mental strength with big teams like Inter. These are the games every player lives for. And to have a big plus with you going to Nou Camp?? Murinho that is. I'm a Man U supporter but Inter will qualify ..!GL[/quote'] Lol are u sure ur a Man U fan? I think u have the hots for Mourinho. Passionate statements on behalf of Inter from you, so maybe ur a closet Inter fan ;). Seriously tho u might have a point but I still think the fixtures and fighting they done the last couple of weeks will wear u out. But they can prob do the resting they need in the Lazo match. Maybe I was trying to convince myself but I concider the chances very marginal and are not gonna have a bet on that. Maybe on Cards as I see both teams fighting hard and irritation should be high. But I agree that Inter Q. bet will give more value or Inter to score (both teams to score) as I really cant see them throw away such a chance. not Mourinho not after all they been thru. But as I said I wont bet as I be routing for barca and margins are tight. But gl to your on that and if Inter go thru ,u can come out of the closet and scream out ur love for Inter with pride ;)

Re: UEFA Champions League > 27th - 28th April O.Lyon-B.Munich In my opinion an early goal can change whole match's play quality ... i expect bayern will keep game balanced on midfield by the score advantage of 1st match and will try to catch counter attacks On other side Lyon must play tonight as a performance of 180min game ... this means : 1st of all to score one or more goals to get a ticket to CL Final and to prevent any accidental goals from Bayern Munich players ... this match will be so tight ... for the predictions of tonight : if Lyon scores an early goal all strategies and tactical line-ups will be changed for both teams .. .match can go to extra times maybe then penalties ... if Bayern finds the net by a surprised strike ... this time Lyon will take more risks to reach target so risks can make match go up over 2.5 goals ... for an simple example 2-1 not be enough for Lyon to take a place at final round ... My prediction : Lyon will try to catch Bayern defence in an unconcentrated moment ... so first minutes Lyon can show full performance for the early goal ... but i belive Bayern defence will hold the attacks and first time will be a draw ... HT : DRAW p.s : 2nd half will be more interesting though...

Re: UEFA Champions League > 27th - 28th April Following up my bets on Lyon -0.25 and Over 2.5 with a smal side bet : Both coahes have gone out and said they will attack so we will see.I hope they truly do that. If they do then its very promising for the over, if the teams will be able to capitalise on the chances created. the home side have to win and the away side are not a team that can play on result. Lyon was just a shadow of themselves in Munchen and I can see them take control of the game after a little back and forth. Im not expecting Bayern to be able to stand the pressure, its time they get knocked out thanks to their poor away performances in this competition, I predict a result like 3-1. With Robben looking to get another 3-2 away goal to put them thru but missing this time. Bet: Correct result 3-1 @ 24 with SBOBET 1/10 units

Yeah' date=' I was addressing all of the posts in the forum that were discussing both of those bets, probably should have mentioned that or multi-quoted bu that would have been troublesome, but yeah Jase cleared that up for me :ok[/quote'] No worries buddy, for what it's worth I agree that Lyon will find it extremely difficult to cover the -1 handicap :ok

I'm happy to see you Jase taking Lyon to qualify. I'm going for a crazy double and I think it's Barca and Lyon meeting in Bernaubeu in the final. They pay [email protected] for this double and I keep my fingers crossed for Lyon. I just can't stand the manner in which Bayern qualify for in the CL this season: first thanks to a 10-meter offside by Klose's goal against Fiorentina, then they mobbed the ref to send Rafael off against United, then again in a game against Lyon 1 week ago typical germans forced the ref to send Toulalan off for a foul that was a questionable yellow.. I think that Lyon will do the business today and eliminate Bayern. I keep my fingers crossed :hope
Im with you in this. But i got it at 11/2. Its about time Munich got what they deserve on the road, and tomorrow night, barcelona will crush inter. Mourinho is a great manager, but when Barcelona grace the Nue Camp tomorrow night, i am happy to back Messi and co will steal the show.

Re: UEFA Champions League > 27th - 28th April Lyon vs Bayern : Lyon to qualify @ 3.75 Ladbrokes This price is simply too good to turn down here in my opinion. Lyon didn't show much in the first leg but I expect things to be different back in France for the 2nd leg and Bayern will be missing influential star Franck Ribery through suspension. I really don't rate Bayern that much at all, and certainly don't think Lyon should be rated 11/4 shots to qualify from this tie as they are only losing 1-0 afterall. Around 2/1 is probably a fairer price considering the French side do have the backing of their home fans tonight and will go at Bayern from the first whistle.

:unsure not sure myself. The way I look at is. Ask the question. Are munich likely to score in the match? The answer is surely yes. Then the next question. Are Lyon likely to score 3 or more goals? The answer is surely No.
That's why I picked Lyon 2-1 :)

:unsure not sure myself. The way I look at is. Ask the question. Are munich likely to score in the match? The answer is surely yes. Then the next question. Are Lyon likely to score 3 or more goals? The answer is surely No.
well said. I don't see lyon scoring goals tonight though

The same questions and answers would have applied to real madrid and you can add is real madrid more of a threat than bayern the answer surely yes. score 1-0. bayern have a few out Lyon I believe under performed in germany. We will see tonight

Re: UEFA Champions League > 27th - 28th April Lyon have scored in all of their last 6 CL home games, conceding in half of them. Bayern have scored in all of their last 6 CL away games, conceding in all but one of them. Second legs are statistically higher scoring than normal games. Lyon may try to be negative and sneak the goal they need but theyve got Boumsong at centre back for heavens sake. Both teams are forced to play defenders with dubious fitness or replacements. Over 2.5 goals and both teams to score are options but for fun Im going to go with a couple of goalscorer bets. We all know who the most likely scorers are in this game. Robben is red hot at the moment and has scored 6 in 5 in all comps and 4 in 6 in the CL. Lopez isnt nearly as prolific but he is the main goal threat in a team that must score against a Bayern team who do concede. Bet 1: Robben to score anytime 4/10 @ 3 (coral) Bet 2: Robben and Lopez to score anytime 2/10 @ 8.5 (skybet) Obviously both these bets do go down if Robben fails to score, these are bets for interest watching the match.