** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

UEFA Champions League > 27th - 28th April

Re: UEFA Champions League > 27th - 28th April This is of course based on Sneijder being fit and playing, which reports suggest is the case. Without him I fear for Inter. Team news from uefa.com: Barcelona Out: Andrés Iniesta (right thigh), Eric Abidal (groin tear) Doubtful: none Suspended: Carles Puyol Misses next match if booked: Daniel Alves, Gerard Piqué • Abidal failed a fitness test on Tuesday so Maxwell could start while Gabriel Milito may replace Puyol, meaning he could face elder brother Diego. Inter Out: Davide Santon (knee), Francesco Toldo (leg) Doubtful: Goran Pandev (thigh) Suspended: Dejan Stanković Misses next match if booked: Samuel Eto'o, Maicon, Walter Samuel, Javier Zanetti • Inter are hopeful that Pandev can recover from his first-leg injury while Wesley Sneijder was withdrawn at half-time against Atalanta BC on Saturday with a hamstring problem.

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: UEFA Champions League > 27th - 28th April

Inter Milan + 4.5 AH Corner Handicap @ 2 - Bet365. Barcelona aren't a side that strictly play for corners all the time. They are more likely to cut inside, or try to find the killer pass. Basically, I think this line is far too high, and the straight win odds slightly too short. Inter haven't lost a - 4.5 CH against anyone away from home in the CL. That stat may not be important because of the way this fixture will play out. Barcelona are heavy favourites, and rightly so. Just because a side is favourited, doesn't automatically mean they will win a huge corner handicap.
Agree again... Barcelona tend to get few corners and the last time they beat the 4.5 handicap was at home against Rubin Kazan nine games ago in the Champions League. Last time they played Inter at home in the group stages it was 6-3 to Barcelona in the corners market. I don't think Inter will sit back all game long and try their luck, I think they're gna try and take Barca on the counter maybe nicking a goal.

Inter Milan + 4.5 AH Corner Handicap @ 2 - Bet365. Barcelona aren't a side that strictly play for corners all the time. They are more likely to cut inside, or try to find the killer pass. Basically, I think this line is far too high, and the straight win odds slightly too short. Inter haven't lost a - 4.5 CH against anyone away from home in the CL. That stat may not be important because of the way this fixture will play out. Barcelona are heavy favourites, and rightly so. Just because a side is favourited, doesn't automatically mean they will win a huge corner handicap.
I really like this bet seeing Barca as you said do not play for corners. They lack the personnel for it - Ibra is the only viable forward playing outlet for such a tactic but he's not a target man in the truest sense. They also have a distinct lack of wingers, and even more so anyone remotely interested in hugging the touchline and then fizzing in a cross. They usually operate instead with more central players in the wider positions who cut in and inter-change freely with the other front three. The Barca team even know this themselves! having watched them alot in the champions league this season, I've lost count of the amount of times their players have found themselves near the corner flag and then passed backwards instead of trying for an easy corner kick. A bit more reassurance for those undecided: in the last two home games Barca played in the Champs League they've had 2 solid victories (4-1 Arsenal, 4-0 Stuttgart) in each they've had 60%+ posession. In other words games that they have well and truely dominated. And yet they could only muster 3-2 corners against Arsenal and a 3-3 draw against Stuttgart. +4.5 (AH) corner handicap Inter (2.0 @ Bet365)represents the best bet of the night in my opinion. ;)

Re: UEFA Champions League > 27th - 28th April I agree with the +4.5(AH) corner handicap bet on Inter... Its a deffo standout bet.. corner stats for past home fixtures for barca in champions league: 3:2 - barca beat arsenal 4-1 3:3 - barca beat stuggart 4-0 6:3 - barca beat inter 2-0 corner stats for past away fixtures for inter in champions league: 3:2 - inter beat CSKA Moskow 0-1 7:4 - inter beat Chelsea 0-1 6:3 - inter lost to Barca 2-0 Furthermore another bet caught my eye, like for the 1st leg, I fancy a low corner count game; Interwetten offer these bets: 0-8 corners @ 3.70 9-11 corners @ 3.40 12 or more @ 1.80 Based on the stats mentioned above, despite barca winning heavily 4-0 and 4-1 vs Stuggart and arsenal they never got a high corner count, this being due to them not playin for corners as mentioned by underdog above.. I quite fancy backing the 0-8 @ 3.70 and have a small cover on the 9-11 @ 3.40 atm..

Re: UEFA Champions League > 27th - 28th April I think that the missings from Barca will be lethal for them tonight . All three (Puyol,Iniesta,Abidal) played in the group win 2-0 and I don't think their replacements will rise to their colleagues performances. The even worst part is that Barca is under higher presure and only if they produce a miracle (Messi scores 3 goals) they will qualify . My personal bet for tonight is just for fun ... Cristi Chivu to score last goal @ 34 with bet365 . And I'm also on the +4.5 (AH) corner handicap Inter . GL all !!:ok

2-1, 3-2, 4-2, 4-3, 5-3, 5-4 would all see Barca win and fail to qualify. A 3-1 home win may or may not do it. If the exchanges are anything to go by these scorelines are at least a 25% probability, so you're bet is a long way shy of being 2.20 on a Barca home win. Personally, I see high value in an Inter win (7.6), and a 0-1/0-2/0-3 (29/65/150) scoreline. Look what happened in the quarter finals - Inter frustrate Chelsea, who are forced to surge forward. Holes open up at the back and presto, the away side takes the lead. The forward press goes into hyper-attack and the hole becomes a chasm, and a couple more goals on the counter become possible. Not saying it will happen, but against a highly offensive minded Barca who must win, against a disciplined and organized side coached by Mourinho, it's certainly possible (and, IMO, good value). Draw/Inter @ 18 is also a very strong shout, if the above described scenario were to materialize. In fact, I'd probably say that's the standout value pick of the game.
Good post.

Re: UEFA Champions League > 27th - 28th April I really do not know what to expect from tonights match. I think it is always a lottery in a game like this. JM was somewhat pushed into being as attacking as Inter were in the first-leg due to Barca scoring first. Still they must be applauded for their approach to the match from there after. I think the best thing Inter could do would be to score themselves. Not in a reckless shoot-out for who scores first, but they should definitely be making attacking moves. I think they will and also that they can score. They will almost certainly drop the 4-2-1-3 for a traditional 4-3-1-2. Motta, Cambiasso and Zanetti will just be told to run around and try to stop the Barca midfield. If they can get the ball give it to sneijder. The Inter 3 are very experienced (Motta the least) and defensively are impressive. I would love to see JM surprise us all and play Balotelli from the start. This would give him the perfect chance to redeem himself and is more of an unknown entity than Etoo and Milito. I don't think JM will want to risk that though. Maicon played perfectly last week and will need to do so again. He is a wonderful right back but must really focus on not getting too caught out. I suspect Zanetti will be on the right of the midfield 3 so he can cover Maicon when he goes forward. Chivu will not be going forward too much as he is a more traditional defender. All in all Inter really just have to play the match out. Barca have to attack and Inter can try to play the ball around and be as bold as they dare. They must show some attacking life though because if they don't and then try to come back from 1 or 2 down it will be a lot harder. I only feel confident about a few things tonight. Both teams to score - 1.82 - Chivu to be shown a card - 2.34 Motta to be shown a card - 2.14 All betfair prices.

2-1, 3-2, 4-2, 4-3, 5-3, 5-4 would all see Barca win and fail to qualify. A 3-1 home win may or may not do it. If the exchanges are anything to go by these scorelines are at least a 25% probability, so you're bet is a long way shy of being 2.20 on a Barca home win. Personally, I see high value in an Inter win (7.6), and a 0-1/0-2/0-3 (29/65/150) scoreline. Look what happened in the quarter finals - Inter frustrate Chelsea, who are forced to surge forward. Holes open up at the back and presto, the away side takes the lead. The forward press goes into hyper-attack and the hole becomes a chasm, and a couple more goals on the counter become possible. Not saying it will happen, but against a highly offensive minded Barca who must win, against a disciplined and organized side coached by Mourinho, it's certainly possible (and, IMO, good value). Draw/Inter @ 18 is also a very strong shout, if the above described scenario were to materialize. In fact, I'd probably say that's the standout value pick of the game.
like i said, sometimes statistics goes to garbage in theese games, inter proved to be here, but today is a different day, barca isnt chealsea ant have mentality of winning theese games, so that value betting for me looks like a joke on inter. Cant see them winning. I've not said that barca could win 3:2, 5:4, 6:5, 2:1. Ant go out, but i'm pretty confident by them going through. 2.2 ant 1.4 there's a difference, ant i had in mind that 2.2 for some reason is for home win.. I know that they nęed more than one goal adv. But with situation like today, i better pick 2.2 rather than 1.4, to be honnest. Anyway good luck with your bet

Re: UEFA Champions League > 27th - 28th April This is going to be an awsome match. Inter with their defence and Barca with their great goal makers. This will be a match of whether Inter can make a score or not. If they do, they surely will make it to the final. I would love to bet on a victory for Barca tonight, but the odds of 1.40 is not just good enough. It surly can be a draw. Expekts bookmaker Richard sheridan gives us his thoughts on the match. He is going for a bet on the Inter will not score.

Re: UEFA Champions League > 27th - 28th April Inter won't play with ten players behind and wait for Barcelona's assaults; their best bet is to threat to score an away goal so that Barcelona does not have a free hand in the game. This is very doable against the Catalans, and the odds are fine to me.

I agree with the +4.5(AH) corner handicap bet on Inter... Its a deffo standout bet.. corner stats for past home fixtures for barca in champions league: 3:2 - barca beat arsenal 4-1 3:3 - barca beat stuggart 4-0 6:3 - barca beat inter 2-0 corner stats for past away fixtures for inter in champions league: 3:2 - inter beat CSKA Moskow 0-1 7:4 - inter beat Chelsea 0-1 6:3 - inter lost to Barca 2-0 Furthermore another bet caught my eye, like for the 1st leg, I fancy a low corner count game; Interwetten offer these bets: 0-8 corners @ 3.70 9-11 corners @ 3.40 12 or more @ 1.80 Based on the stats mentioned above, despite barca winning heavily 4-0 and 4-1 vs Stuggart and arsenal they never got a high corner count, this being due to them not playin for corners as mentioned by underdog above.. I quite fancy backing the 0-8 @ 3.70 and have a small cover on the 9-11 @ 3.40 atm..
I noticed the corner handicap but didn't know the stats for Barca and Inter in the CL. Where did you get the stats? Thanks for the post. :ok For the same reasons as people before me I'm on Inter (+4.5) Corner Handicap @ 1.85 Bet365. Cannot pick a winner and can see arguments for both teams qualifying so it's a no bet unless I decide in play. Good luck.

Re: UEFA Champions League > 27th - 28th April Hey boys, can i just first of start by thanking you guys for your superb write ups on games and your hours of work you put into these soccer forums! It makes my job a lot easier browsing over your work before doing my own research as most of the stats, injurys and stuff you cant find anywhere else are rite here in this brilliant website forum! THANKYOU AGAIN BOYS GOODLUCK TODAY/TONIGHT WHEREVER YOU MAY BE, AND KEEP UP THE GREAT WORK!!!! :notworthy PS: I'M BEEN A CAT AND BACKING THE OVER 2.5 GOALS @ $1.55 :hope

Re: UEFA Champions League > 27th - 28th April Barce v Milan This has got all the makings of being an excellent game with goals. Barce will have to attack and with all their attacking flair are almost gaurenteed to score even against a resolute defence like the italians. The attacking flair of Barce will also help the italians who are quite capable of scoring on the break. My only worry with over 2.5 goals would be the 2 v 0 home score line which is why again I will play it safe and go for 9 winning tips in a row and go for over 1.5 goals @ 1.15 with William Hill

Re: UEFA Champions League > 27th - 28th April Barcelona vs. Inter Milan The first Game was a demonstration, that Barca is not invincible. Inter is a tactical Team with a good defense. The will be motivated to show the World that Barca is not from another planet. Inter could have beat Chelsea and demonstrated in the KO Rounds, how tactically trained and perfectly adjusted they are. Barcelona have to bet all on one site, attack. That could be the chance for inter with fast strikers to score. Milito is one of them i think. My Pick: Inter go to Final @1,67 4/10 BetFair

Barcelona vs. Inter Milan The first Game was a demonstration, that Barca is not invincible. Inter is a tactical Team with a good defense. The will be motivated to show the World that Barca is not from another planet. Inter could have beat Chelsea and demonstrated in the KO Rounds, how tactically trained and perfectly adjusted they are. Barcelona have to bet all on one site, attack. That could be the chance for inter with fast strikers to score. Milito is one of them i think. My Pick: Inter go to Final @1,67 4/10
:welcome to PL. GL with your picks. Please could you post who you are taking the bet with when making a selection. That way, anyone that wishes to follow you can do so easily :ok

Re: UEFA Champions League > 27th - 28th April Barca vs Inter There is no doubt that Mourinho must be over the moon with the 1st leg result. He can play the second leg two ways try and nick a crucial away goal that will put his side with one step in the final or try and frustrate and hold on to what they have got. I got the first leg of this all wrong, but i seen enough in the second half to believe that Barca will get the job done. They create loads of chances at home and an early goal could see even the most experienced teams buckle under pressure. Barca -1 goal evens (hills) Already posted my feelings for the game above but on closer inspection i want to add a few more bets i like. As the game gets closer, the Barca crowd have stated they will make the atmospher like no other. It's the first time in long time that Guardiola has stated publicly the need for passion from the stands. Barca know they are 1 game away from a pop at winning the champions league in their rivals stadium. The news that Sneijder is struggling means that i think Inter may adopt an even more defensive approach. I think he will play but the mindset will be to hit purely on the break. I am an avid fan of italian football and Inter have not impressed me in recent months bar in this competition. They have stuttered in the league and allowed Roma to catch up. I think and hope this is a game to far for them. Barca win 4/11 (hills) Barca - 1 goal 19/20 (hills) Barca win both halves 21/10 (hills) Barca score both halves 23/20 (hills)

:welcome to PL. GL with your picks. Please could you post who you are taking the bet with when making a selection. That way, anyone that wishes to follow you can do so easily :ok
Thanks and sorry ;) I´ll edit it in the post. And sorry for my english ;)

Re: UEFA Champions League > 27th - 28th April Evening guys, Well after the disappointing semi final last night, lets hope tonights game between these two creates a bit more excitment and entertainment.. I am going for a couple of bets tonight.. Barcelona V Inter Milan - Barcelona to score a penalty @ 5.00(Bet365)2/10 Bareclona need to win tonight, there are many possibilites where Barcelona can win but Inter can still go through. They will play their normal slick passing, attacking football this eveing on the large and fast Nou Camp pitch. In the away leg, their manager complained after the game that the Italians had not watered their pitch before kick off, something the Barcelona players are used to in Spain. We can be certain then that tonight the pitch will be heavily watered just before kick off to allow the Catalan stars to zip the ball around the Inter defenders. Here is the concern for Inter though, on a wet surface guys like Messi, Xavi and Pedro can easily pass rings around the defence, all it takes is for one slip on the slick surface and the attacker is in behind the defence. I can see at least one or two mistakes being made tonight by Jose's men and therefore I can see Barcelona getting into the Inter penalty box. They were also denied one in the first leg and they say these things normally even themselves out. With Lucio and Samuel as passionate and strong as they are, I can see the Catalans getting a penalty tonight and am happy to take it @ 5.00 (Bet365) small stakes :hope:hope:hope Second bet of the night for me.. Barcelona V Inter Milan - Barcelona to win(-1) @ 2.2 (Bet365) Barcelona, at the Nou Camp, I dont think you can get a much bigger test in football at the minute. Jose Mourhino is certainly a genius when it comes to football management, but he as a coach can only do so much to affect what happens on the pitch. Inter certainly are a strong team defensively, they know how to breat up the oppositions attacks and they are not a bad team on the counter attack. However, facing Barcelona at home in Italy and facing them away at the Nou Camp, where the Catalans NEED to be victorious, are two completely types of football matches. I can see Barca being more than up for this one, this is their biggest game of the season effectively and I'd much rather side with Messi and co needing to win by a few goals than opposing them. Barcelona on the -1 @ 2.2 for me seems a decent deal and I'm happy to take with medium stakes. :hope:hope:hope Goodluck everyone :ok:ok

Re: UEFA Champions League > 27th - 28th April Inter is one of the few Italian teams that still can play cattenachio. With a 3-1 advantage of the home game they will play this kind of game. Don't forget they also played this in Chelsea, and with succes!! as said above Samuel and Lucio are strong central defenders. They must be able of keeping Zlatan out of the game. in their midfield they got strong defensive midfielders. Cambiasso is one of the best defensive midfielders. Stong in interceptions and tackling, bit less in build-up play. Next to him there will be Motta who is also strong in defensive skills and someone who won't doubt to take the yellow card if it's in the team's benefit. Then there is still Pandev who is doubtfull. If he doesn't play it won't suprise me if the special one puts Zanetti in midfield and Chivu as left defender. (play with 2 strikers) Inter still is strong on the counter. Milito is good at scoring, Sneijder (if he plays) is good on set pieces and Eto'o is fast. Inter has a great chance defending and looking to counter. The opening minutes will be crucial I think, but Under 2.5 goals at 2.50 with an defensive inter I just can't refuse...

Re: UEFA Champions League > 27th - 28th April Barcelona -3.5 corners it's not big margin at all, and with the motivation of this big game we can, no.. we not just can, but we will se the barcelona's attack effort for sure and -3.5 corners looks not that big at all! gl :hope damn i just can't believe what my bookies just offered, i think they can get it delay it, but there's no live questioning so i'll not bet more money on it look: Barcelona - Inter Milan (Over/Under: 1.9Cards) !!! Over 1.75@triobet! i bet little less money! But .. i mean .. just 2 cards in game like this?? come on :D

Re: UEFA Champions League > 27th - 28th April If Inter will play an offensive match Inter will go in Madrid. Cambiasso and Zanetti must take possession ball in the median and quickly launch Etoo,Milito or Pandev. Barcellona advances with at least 6-7 players and it discovers behind. Is very important for Inter reach 20' on 0-0, than attach quickly and impenetrable defense Guardiole is a great trainer but Mou is better. I see Inter to Madrid. :hope

Re: UEFA Champions League > 27th - 28th April Motta to be booked @ 2.03 (gen) Will be under the cosh tonight and even money represents value for a player with his form. 3 yellows from 6 CL games, incl' the group game at barca and one in each of the chelsea ties. Smaller punt on Zanetti @ 5.0. gets the nod ahead of Chivu, and should have a testing time down that left. rarely picks up cards, but got one in the group game.

Re: UEFA Champions League > 27th - 28th April Hi all I'm new to the forum, really enjoyed using some of the tips i've found recently! Not got much time to justify my bets before kick off so I'm just gonna put em out there asap! Inter to qualify - 1.57 PP Under 2.5 goals - 2.37 PP Inter to win on corners +5 - 1.83 PP good luck everyone! :)

BET365 have lowered their odds on the AH corner handicap. Skybet still go 2 for Inter +5 Corner Handicap, which is also a decent shout.
gutted I didnt get on this as just got in from work. Bit risky now though cant beleve he sent him off for that :\ i did put very small stakes on the 0-0 betfair @23.