** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

UEFA Champions League > 27th - 28th April

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: UEFA Champions League > 27th - 28th April Bayern won both previous ties on away goal rule and I guess it will happen again this time. Based on that Lyon 2-1 might be a good option. Price on Inter looks like another mistake by the bookies. Inter won 5 games in a row, Puyol is suspended and I don't see why Inter can't win at Nou Camp.

Re: UEFA Champions League > 27th - 28th April I would consider taking Barcelona, though its gonna be a difficult match for them against smart tactical playing Inter Milan. But there is one thing, which makes me quite sure of seeing Barca winning this match (not speaking about getting into final - just the simple win) and that is the huge pitch in Barcelona. Just have a look at how Barca did play away, and at home in previews legs. I think draw to Stuttgart, draw to Arsenal away from home. Big wins each at home later on. I see Barca winning this, but it may be a win which wont help them to get into final. :)

Re: UEFA Champions League > 27th - 28th April

I would consider taking Barcelona, though its gonna be a difficult match for them against smart tactical playing Inter Milan. But there is one thing, which makes me quite sure of seeing Barca winning this match (not speaking about getting into final - just the simple win) and that is the huge pitch in Barcelona. Just have a look at how Barca did play away, and at home in previews legs. I think draw to Stuttgart, draw to Arsenal away from home. Big wins each at home later on. I see Barca winning this, but it may be a win which wont help them to get into final. :)
all things will depend on a early goal here I think. Inter is going to play the same game they played against Chelsea... I think Inter is defensively and tactical a strong team. That's why a -2.5 is the most obvious choise to me...

Re: UEFA Champions League > 27th - 28th April Lyon vs Bayern This is a game which is still very much in the balance. Ribery out for Bayern will be a huge blow and Lyon will fancy their chances. Bayern still have enough quality going forward to still create chances and will feel that one goal could kill the tie. Bayern have scored 2 or more goals in every champions league tie this year away from home, bar when they lost 2-1 at Bordeaux. Lyon at home are very strong and will go for goals. They have alreday knocked out the likes of Real Madrid and Bordeaux. They will fancy themselves to get the job done on their own patch. I fancy goals. Both teams to score 7/10 (hills) Over 2.5 goals 19/20 (hills) Barca vs Inter There is no doubt that Mourinho must be over the moon with the 1st leg result. He can play the second leg two ways try and nick a crucial away goal that will put his side with one step in the final or try and frustrate and hold on to what they have got. I got the first leg of this all wrong, but i seen enough in the second half to believe that Barca will get the job done. They create loads of chances at home and an early goal could see even the most experienced teams buckle under pressure. Barca -1 goal evens (hills)

Re: UEFA Champions League > 27th - 28th April You should have a look on Bayern team news! With both main defenders (Van Buyten, Demichelis) injured in Satudays game their final hopes could get an early end against an attacking Lyon side.

Re: UEFA Champions League > 27th - 28th April Tymoschtschuk is not travelling to France due of gastrointestinal troubles. Contento is doubtful for tomorrow - he was receiving a knock as well in the league game.

Re: UEFA Champions League > 27th - 28th April As I said earlier will go Lyon 2-1 @ 9.50 betinternet Inter will most likely miss Snejder, but Barcelona will be without Iniesta and Puyol. They have to score 2 goals, and I expect them to attack a lot. As a result they will create spaces in defense and as an Inter supporter odds are too good to refuse Inter @ 7.50 betinternet

Re: UEFA Champions League > 27th - 28th April I can see Barcelona will win 3-1 and take the tie to extra time. But it will be smal margins. If Snejider and Maicon are out thats huge blows for Inter. + Inter have been working very hard in their last matches: Etoo , Milito , Zanetti and Cambiasso all key players have been taking themselves out. and the game against Atalanta was also tough and wore them out mentally coming from a goal down and working hard thru 90 minutes. They have played big games that require lot of focus v Fiorentina x2, Juve, Barca , Atalanta and Barca will jsut go at them and make the 90 minutes feel like 4 hours. I cant see them resist. But the price aint really tempting. Will think about it little. But my money would be on Barca -1.5 for sure. + Guardiola have surely come up with a solution to Inters counterattacks here and have that in mind that Mourinho will try to score a away goal. He maybe even start with three on top again just to limit Barcelona and get a away goal to kill there spirit. But Guardiola surely will adress that somehow.

Re: UEFA Champions League > 27th - 28th April I must really be missing something here....:eyes Lyon to qualify @ 3.9 - Betfair. Munich may be without defenders Daniel van Buyten and Martin Demichelis after both picked up knocks at the weekend. Franck Ribbery is suspended. I just feel that this tie is still very much in the balance, with only a slender 1-0 victory for Munich to hold on to. The price for Lyon to qualify is massive imo. Munich have relied heavily on wonder strikes from Robben to keep them in the CL, and are yet to win an away fixture in the knockout stage of this competition. Lyon have won all but one of their home CL fixtures this season. Drawing the other fixture against Liverpool. For a tie, where there is only one goal in it, anything over 2 for one side to qualify at this stage of the competition is a little unfair.

Re: UEFA Champions League > 27th - 28th April Lyon - Bayern Munchen Lyon was really not themselves in Munchen last week. They looked tired and performed really bad. Some players said they had too long busstrips in a couple of days time and it was that which impacted there performance. Van Buyten and Demichelis both had to go off in the weekends Bundesliga fixture against Borussia Mönchengladbachfor Bayern and thats a big blow concidering that FC Hollywood have conceded 3 goals in previous knockout rounds away in the CL against Man U and Fiorentina. They are both doubtfull but will be traveling to Lyon in hope that at least one of them will be fit. Ribery will also miss as a result of his red card in the first leg. Lyon will miss important defender Toulalan but they are very strong at home. They come to this game well rested and well prepared as there weekend match against Monaco was potsponed so they could concentrate on there historical Champions League semifinal. Thre will be no excuses for the homeside this time. A depleted Bayern which have pretty much leaked goals when put under pressure will ahve a hard time in France. I think we will see Lyons true quality here as they shown in CL before the match against Bayern and they will be taking advantage of Bayerns defensive problems. Pranjic and Tymoschuk are also out for Bayern. I see value on Lyon here under the curcimstances and as both teams have some defensive problems and lot of potential in attack I will also take the over 2.5. Bet: Lyon -0.25 @2.12 with SBOBET 10/10 Bet: Over 2.5 goals @ 2.02 10/10

I must really be missing something here....:eyes Lyon to qualify @ 3.9 - Betfair. Munich may be without defenders Daniel van Buyten and Martin Demichelis after both picked up knocks at the weekend. Franck Ribbery is suspended. I just feel that this tie is still very much in the balance, with only a slender 1-0 victory for Munich to hold on to. The price for Lyon to qualify is massive imo. Munich have relied heavily on wonder strikes from Robben to keep them in the CL, and are yet to win an away fixture in the knockout stage of this competition. Lyon have won all but one of their home CL fixtures this season. Drawing the other fixture against Liverpool. For a tie, where there is only one goal in it, anything over 2 for one side to qualify at this stage of the competition is a little unfair.
Lyon were 3.65 to qualify last night and I thought that was overpriced but 3/1 is a bit mad. I think Lyon will win on the night but can see Bayern sneaking through on away goals after say a 2-1 home win. Regardless though at 3/1 I'm tempted to have a nibble. The best bet though I feel is in the 90 minute market. Lyon v Bayern Munich - Lyon Draw No Bet @ 1.82 Betfair This price just looks too big as Lyon are very strong at home in Europe and have won both home ties on their way to this semi final beating Real Madrid 1-0 and Bordeaux 3-1. Bayern have rode their luck at times to get through against Fiorentina and they have had breaks at the right time and Arjen Robben has been in stunning form. I thought Lyon looked pretty comfortable last week until the Ribery sending off which if anything seemed to disrupt their rythym a little bit and they didn't show enough going forward after that to justify getting anything but they may have been off colour after a very tiring journey and should put in a much better display here. My suspicion is that the Germans will maybe sneak through on away goals but feel Lyon can win on the night at the Gerland where they are very strong and will at the very worst avoid defeat which returns your stake. Just saw that Bodog are offering 11/10 on Lyon 0 (dnb) which just looks like a plain mistake, I think Lyon should be around 4/6 on this market considering their strong home form and may look to set up a Bodog account if this price is still around.

I must really be missing something here....:eyes Lyon to qualify @ 3.9 - Betfair. Munich may be without defenders Daniel van Buyten and Martin Demichelis after both picked up knocks at the weekend. Franck Ribbery is suspended. I just feel that this tie is still very much in the balance, with only a slender 1-0 victory for Munich to hold on to. The price for Lyon to qualify is massive imo. Munich have relied heavily on wonder strikes from Robben to keep them in the CL, and are yet to win an away fixture in the knockout stage of this competition. Lyon have won all but one of their home CL fixtures this season. Drawing the other fixture against Liverpool. For a tie, where there is only one goal in it, anything over 2 for one side to qualify at this stage of the competition is a little unfair.
My first thought when this tie was made was munich to get through the tie. After watching the first leg I dont believe Lyon played as well as we know they can, with home advantage and a few bayern players out, the bet also for me is lyon to qualify. LYON TO QUALIFY @ 11/4 LADBROKES

Re: UEFA Champions League > 27th - 28th April Evening gents, Hopefully we are in for a couple of exciting and entertaining nights with the CL games this week.. Lyon V Bayern Munich - Over 2.5 goals @ 2.00 (Bet365) Lyon -2 (AH) Corner Handicap @ 1.97 (Bet365) Firstly, I was largly disappointed with Lyon approach, energy and overall performance in the first leg of this tie a week ago in Germany. They had the excuse of a long and tiresome journey, but in all honesty I think their coach was just happy to concede as few goals as he could and then get the Germans back on their own turf. I cannot see us getting the same lackluster performance from the French side in this tie, I really feel with the crowd behind them and only facing a 1 goal deficit they will see a place in the Champions League final as very achievable. I feel they will come into this game well rested, having not had to play at the weekend, well focused and well motivated to turn this tie around. They will be without Toulalan but they have adequate cover to deal with this. They must score, that much is simple, if they want to progress. Bayern Munich come into this game with a slender lead but with a weakend team. Ribery and Pranjic are both definatly out through suspension, however they do welcome back Mark Van Bommel. Other problems include injuries in defence where Daniel Van Buyten and Martin Demichelis are both touch and go to be fit for this game. I can see Lyon doing the pressing in the early half of the game to look for that much needed goal, but I can also see Bayern scoring, the overs look a real good shout here in my opinion. Bayern have gone over the 2.5 threshold in each of their 5 Champions League away matches this year. Satisfied with the odds here and I am willing to back over 2.5 goals @ 2.00 (Bet365) and Lyon on the -2 AH Corner Handicap @ 1.97 (Bet365) :hope:hope Goodluck everyone :ok:ok

Re: UEFA Champions League > 27th - 28th April We can all possibly see Barcelona having lots of the ball here, and the fact they are very comfortable on the ball, technically 1st class, quick thinking and very tricky in and around the box and will be pressing for goals from the off. I am going to have a go at Barcelona to score a penalty 4/1 just for an interest in this match. I only hope the ref is on the ball with any dubious tackles on Messi from the off. We know he is not the only player on the park, but everyone knows if he is on song barcelona are deadly. BARCELONA TO SCORE A PENALTY @ 5 BET 365

Lyon to qualify @ 3.9 - Betfair.
Of course this is a good price. But I wonder if 5.50 (Paddy Power) for Lyon's handicap win is a better deal here. I mean, only 1-0 is an escaping score to the second bet and 1-0 doesn't even guarantee a qualification really. Maybe at a 60% better price we get ourselves a better deal here for almost the same scenario... ;)

I can see Lyon doing the pressing in the early half of the game to look for that much needed goal, but I can also see Bayern scoring, the overs look a real good shout here in my opinion. Bayern have gone over the 2.5 threshold in each of their 5 Champions League away matches this year. Satisfied with the odds here and I am willing to back over 2.5 goals @ 2.00 (Bet365) and Lyon on the -2 AH Corner Handicap @ 1.97 (Bet365)
By this logic, you see Bayern qualifying and winning the CL, since they have always qualified up to then. Besides, if Lyon scores not too late, Bayern will launch their usual blitz and you can forget Lyon winning the corner match.

Evening gents, Hopefully we are in for a couple of exciting and entertaining nights with the CL games this week.. Lyon V Bayern Munich - Over 2.5 goals @ 2.00 (Bet365) Lyon -2 (AH) Corner Handicap @ 1.97 (Bet365) Firstly, I was largly disappointed with Lyon approach, energy and overall performance in the first leg of this tie a week ago in Germany. They had the excuse of a long and tiresome journey, but in all honesty I think their coach was just happy to concede as few goals as he could and then get the Germans back on their own turf. I cannot see us getting the same lackluster performance from the French side in this tie, I really feel with the crowd behind them and only facing a 1 goal deficit they will see a place in the Champions League final as very achievable. I feel they will come into this game well rested, having not had to play at the weekend, well focused and well motivated to turn this tie around. They will be without Toulalan but they have adequate cover to deal with this. They must score, that much is simple, if they want to progress. Bayern Munich come into this game with a slender lead but with a weakend team. Ribery and Pranjic are both definatly out through suspension, however they do welcome back Mark Van Bommel. Other problems include injuries in defence where Daniel Van Buyten and Martin Demichelis are both touch and go to be fit for this game. I can see Lyon doing the pressing in the early half of the game to look for that much needed goal, but I can also see Bayern scoring, the overs look a real good shout here in my opinion. Bayern have gone over the 2.5 threshold in each of their 5 Champions League away matches this year. Satisfied with the odds here and I am willing to back over 2.5 goals @ 2.00 (Bet365) and Lyon on the -2 AH Corner Handicap @ 1.97 (Bet365) :hope:hope Goodluck everyone :ok:ok
Personally I find the Bayern +2 corners more attractive at 1.95 B365... Bayern have not lost with this handicap in their last 3 away ties in the champions league, even at United they had more corners.

Personally I find the Bayern +2 corners more attractive at 1.95 B365... Bayern have not lost with this handicap in their last 3 away ties in the champions league' date=' even at United they had more corners.[/quote'] My thoughts exactly, Im more tempted to back Bayern +2 @ 1.95 :ok Stats support this, and If Lyon dont step up their game, they will get devoured by Bayern, and once it was down to 10 vs 10 finally in the 1st leg it was clear to note that Bayern rack up the corners with their wing-play. I doubt Lyon will get many corners seeing how they like to pass the ball into the box before they go all the way down the line.. Not saying its ineffective, but there is definitely a much lower possibility of a corner coming from such a cross...

Re: UEFA Champions League > 27th - 28th April Bayern +2 on corners for me as Lyon's home record on corners in the CL is poor. Stat's as follows... Won 6-4 vs Bordeaux Lost 4-7 vs Real Won 9-8 vs Fiorentina Lost 2-5 vs L'pool Lost 0-7 vs Debrecen While Bayern have done very well away from home in the CL Won 7-9 vs Man U Won 1-3 vs Fiorentina Won 4-10 vs M Haifa Drew 4-4 vs Bordeaux Won 2-11 vs Juve I know Ribery is out but I still fancy Bayern to win on a +2 after lookign at the stats above. GL everyone

Of course this is a good price. But I wonder if 5.50 (Paddy Power) for Lyon's handicap win is a better deal here. I mean' date=' only 1-0 is an escaping score to the second bet and 1-0 doesn't even guarantee a qualification really. Maybe at a 60% better price we get ourselves a better deal here for almost the same scenario... ;)[/quote'] What about if Lyon win 1-0 and it goes to ET?

Re: UEFA Champions League > 27th - 28th April Normally I'd agree with the +2 Bayern corner handicap, but IF Bayern score first, Lyon would naturally have to be a lot more progressive. This match is hanging in the balance, and play could go either way depending on who gets the first goal. One for in play, for me personally.

By this logic' date=' you see Bayern qualifying and winning the CL, since they have always qualified up to then. Besides, if Lyon scores not too late, Bayern will launch their usual blitz and you can forget Lyon winning the corner match.[/quote'] :wall Where did I say I think Bayern will qualify? Where did I say I see Bayern winning the CL? I said I can see both teams scoring and there being a few goals in the match....that means Lyon could win 3-1, Bayern could win 3-1....that is why I am not betting on the 1x2 market as I dont know who will win. The corner match is based on the fact that Lyon are likely to go at this from the off so I expect them to rack up a few corners early in the match.... You dont have to follow it, but think you've misinterpreted my post.

Personally I find the Bayern +2 corners more attractive at 1.95 B365... Bayern have not lost with this handicap in their last 3 away ties in the champions league' date=' even at United they had more corners.[/quote'] I've not placed my bet yet on the corners, so I will do a little more research before I do. Thanks for the input :ok However, I tend not to place these kind of bets on previous stats from group games etc, this is the 2nd leg of a Champions League semi final, I feel all those stats become a bit irrelevent as this game will be played under alot different circumstances to that of previius games. But good luck with your pick :ok

:wall Where did I say I think Bayern will qualify? Where did I say I see Bayern winning the CL? I said I can see both teams scoring and there being a few goals in the match....that means Lyon could win 3-1, Bayern could win 3-1....that is why I am not betting on the 1x2 market as I dont know who will win. The corner match is based on the fact that Lyon are likely to go at this from the off so I expect them to rack up a few corners early in the match.... You dont have to follow it, but think you've misinterpreted my post.
You said "Bayern have gone over the 2.5 threshold in each of their 5 Champions League away matches this year."; this is the case because they sucked, took several goals, then managed to pull through when they went all for attack. My point is that past results are pretty irrelevant here, since it could well go 0-0 if Lyon builds up pressure but can't score, or 2-0 if they do score but manage to withstand Bayern's blitz. It could also go 0-1 if Bayern scores and is happy with the result. It does not have to go over 2.5 every time.

You said "Bayern have gone over the 2.5 threshold in each of their 5 Champions League away matches this year."; this is the case because they sucked, took several goals, then managed to pull through when they went all for attack. My point is that past results are pretty irrelevant here, since it could well go 0-0 if Lyon builds up pressure but can't score, or 2-0 if they do score but manage to withstand Bayern's blitz. It could also go 0-1 if Bayern scores and is happy with the result. It does not have to go over 2.5 every time.
:unsure Of course it doesnt, thats the same with any bet though, no bet is 100% sure. Still dont see where I said Bayern will win not only this match but the whole CL aswell. I'm placing this bet because I think it has a decent chance of coming through and its decent odds, I'm placing it because I see value in it. Not because I think it's 100% going to win.

Re: UEFA Champions League > 27th - 28th April What do you guys think to laying bayern at 5/11? Im tempted. Like people have been saying Lyon are strong at home and Bayern have defensive concerns. Bayern would be obviously be happy with a draw. Could see a score a draw or lyon by 1, but dont really see bayern winning because Lyon is a tough place to go and they dont need to win to get to the final, plus no ribery. Any thoughts?