** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

UEFA Europa League 22nd April

Re: UEFA Europa League 22nd April Atletico Madrid - Liverpool under 2.5 @ 1.81 pinnacle Athletico Madrid is wihtout Agueero while Liverpool is without Torres. The two most important players on either side and without them there, it takes away the attacking edge of both sides. Liverpool have been known to be very compact and tight in defence when playing away, as they know when they at Anfield, they play a much more attacking game. So expect them to be rather conservative in their play. In their last 2 games on the road in the Europa League, they lost 1-0 away to Lille where they were satisfied to keep it at that scoreline, and were leading 1-0 at Benfica, and would have closed the game up but for the sending off of Babel. So expect their tactics to be the same here and then look to use the home ground advantage in their favour in the second leg. Atletico Madrid have drawn their last 2 home games in the Europa League with a 0-0 scoreline as a combination of the defensive nature of the away side, and their own conservative nature not to conceded an away goal, sets up this contest to be a low scoring affair. Both teams will looking to the second leg to be more adventurous so expect a game with hardly any goals Hamburg - Fulham over 2.5 @ 2.04 pinnacle With the final of this competition being played in Hamburg, expect the home side to start this game very postively and look to score early. Doubt that they will rest on this as they will seek to get as many goals as possible so as to ensure they have a buffer when they travel to Fulham, who have a good home record, for the second leg. Hamburg have scored and conceded in each of their last 5 Europa League games, with each of these games going over. They have scored at least 2 goals in each of these games, so expect them to look to score more than just the one goal here. Fulham have conceded in 4 of their last 5 EL games so Hamburg with their attacking focus, should score here. Fulham, however have scored in each of their last 5 games in the Europa League with Zamora in very good form. Dempsey is likely to play which will add to their attacking threat, and given that Hamburg leak goals, they are looking good to score here. Hamburg and Fulham are both likely to score here, and doubt that Hamburg will not press on to score more goals. But if they do that, either they will score more goals or they will leave themselves exposed on the counter attack, which Fulham has some pace to take advantage of. Given this, the over looks a good chance to come in

Re: UEFA Europa League 22nd April

Hamburger SV - Fulham 1 (10/10) I saw their homegame against Standard and Anderlecht. They really want to reach this final in their own stadium and at home they are very strong. Fulham away isn't the strongest team you can have + they had a long trip to Germany: can't be good either!
Hello I am from Germany and i am surprised nobody mentioned the rumours inside the team of Hamburger SV. It was in the newspapers and on tv here nearly every day. After the recent results in bundesliga the pressure on coach Bruno Labbadia is very high and some people say this might be his last match as coach of Hamburger because the relation between him and the team is really bad. Furthermore there was an argue between the goalkeeper and the coach. Of course motivation should be very high and Hamburg is strong at home but after watching last games in bundesliga the team seems not very strengthened at the moment especially in defense. They conceded nearly in every game in Euro League at least one goal. Maybe it should be a narrow win for Hamburg but i cant see them winning to nil. But i dont really trust them at the moment and that Fulham is able to score in away games they showed in each of their last five games in the Europa League so i will go for: Fulham to score @ 1,65 Gamebookers

Hello I am from Germany and i am surprised nobody mentioned the rumours inside the team of Hamburger SV. It was in the newspapers and on tv here nearly every day. After the recent results in bundesliga the pressure on coach Bruno Labbadia is very high and some people say this might be his last match as coach of Hamburger because the relation between him and the team is really bad. Furthermore there was an argue between the goalkeeper and the coach. Of course motivation should be very high and Hamburg is strong at home but after watching last games in bundesliga the team seems not very strengthened at the moment especially in defense. They conceded nearly in every game in Euro League at least one goal. Maybe it should be a narrow win for Hamburg but i cant see them winning to nil. But i dont really trust them at the moment and that Fulham is able to score in away games they showed in each of their last five games in the Europa League so i will go for: Fulham to score @ 1,65 Gamebookers
I think if you're confident Fulham will score you'd better place your bet on both teams to score because Hamburg will score at least 1 goal...

Re: UEFA Europa League 22nd April Atletico went through the champions league group stage without winning a single match, 3 draws and 3 defeats. They have since played 6 games in the Europa League and have only won one, against Galatasaray in the round of 32. Therefore they are in the semi finals of a European competition having won only ONE game in Europe this season. Quite extraordinary. For this reason, and for the reason that their defence is shambolic at times, I would certainly be staying away from backing Atletico in this match. And I would refrain from backing Liverpool for obvious reasons. Despite Atletico's dire defence they have some fantastic forward players, even without Aguero. Therefore I'll be going for Both teams to score@ 4/5 (BET365), which I think is much safer than 1x2. Good luck everyone ;)

SportFootball (Euro Cups)
EventAthletico - Liverpool
SelectionAthletico (0) (Asian Handicap)
Strength8/10
Date22/04/2010
Bookmaker/Price188bet @ 1.74 (Back)
Reasoning1st leg of this semi final tonight in Vicente Calderon stadium.Athletico must make a result if want to have a chance to qualify for the final.Athletico is without Aguero ,Tiago &Ibrahima .Liverpool come without Torres ,maxi Rodriguez ,Babel ,Scretel & Aurelio. Liverpool got play Monday night vs West Ham and their travel to Madrid during 24h.Many question on how Liverpool will approach this game but Athletico could make a suprise tonight and a DNB represent a safest bet with a little value on the odd.

Re: UEFA Europa League 22nd April Hiya Folks. Im a bit stuck on what to go for in tonights europa league games.quick question though, does -3 corner handicap mean that the team has to get 6 or more corners or does it mean that they have to get 6 more than the opposition, sorry for being so thick! I fancy all four teams to score tonight as for some reason there is a big goal ratio in the europa league, defending doesn't seem to be the number one aim in this competition.

SportFootball (Euro Cups)
EventAthletico - Liverpool
SelectionAthletico (0) (Asian Handicap)
Strength8/10
Date22/04/2010
Bookmaker/Price188bet @ 1.74 (Back)
Reasoning1st leg of this semi final tonight in Vicente Calderon stadium.Athletico must make a result if want to have a chance to qualify for the final.Athletico is without Aguero ,Tiago &Ibrahima .Liverpool come without Torres ,maxi Rodriguez ,Babel ,Scretel & Aurelio. Liverpool got play Monday night vs West Ham and their travel to Madrid during 24h.Many question on how Liverpool will approach this game but Athletico could make a suprise tonight and a DNB represent a safest bet with a little value on the odd.
Babel is definately in Spain with the squad...unless if the bbc just magically made him appear in the interview upon their arrival...It's posts like yours which confuse people....BABEL IS DEFINATELY IN SPAIN!

Hiya Folks. Im a bit stuck on what to go for in tonights europa league games.quick question though' date=' does -3 corner handicap mean that the team has to get 6 or more corners or does it mean that they have to get 6 more than the opposition, sorry for being so thick! I fancy all four teams to score tonight as for some reason there is a big goal ratio in the europa league, defending doesn't seem to be the number one aim in this competition.[/quote'] Where'd you get 6 from? :unsure It means there has to be exactly three corners distance between the two sides.

Re: UEFA Europa League 22nd April Going down a different route in the corner market in Hamburg. Hamburgers no Bayern at corners, but have a consistently steady average. And, in light of fulhams record of conceding in Europe ( 68 against in 7 aways ), Over 7 Hamburg corners @ 13/8 paddies, is a good price. Not lumping on this like the previous two nights work, but still playing a saver of exact 7 @ 11/2, because they've only beat the seven once.. 10-3 v's Celtic, even with a first leg advantage from celtic park ). However they have tied it 3 times. hills' O 6 market is 5 pts down on the Bayern price from last night, so willing to play the bigger gamble at the odds.

Where'd you get 6 from? :unsure It means there has to be exactly three corners distance between the two sides. Thanks Jase82, for that,the old brain is not working great today,I might go for that one alright, German teams seem to get a lot of corners and your advice has helped me in the past.

Thanks Jase82, for that,the old brain is not working great today,I might go for that one alright, German teams seem to get a lot of corners and your advice has helped me in the past.
BET365 also go 1.95 for -3 on the Asian corner Handicap market. That might be worth a shot if you want a bit of cover, as you would get your stake back in the event the corners finish tied :ok

Babel is definately in Spain with the squad...unless if the bbc just magically made him appear in the interview upon their arrival...It's posts like yours which confuse people....BABEL IS DEFINATELY IN SPAIN!
Aye alright, settle down, the guy has made a mistake....no need to go overboard :ok

Re: UEFA Europa League 22nd April Decided im not going to touch the Fulham match tonight, dont want to go against Fulham during this Europa league run, just want them to go and win it now because they have been so refreshing for the world of football. Going with my instinct on the Liverpool match, Athletico to win @11-8 and cover by having 1-1 @ 11-2. I can see Liverpool soaking up the presure but they wont hold out all night. Benitez has said that he wants to take a goal back to anfield so it depends if he really goes for it. With players like Gerrard in the side you can never be 100% that liverpool will struggle but having seen them with Torres alot this season they were average. Without Torres and they are very average. Athletico to win @11-8 Correct score cover of 1-1 @11-2 Correct score prediction 2-1 Athletico. Good luck to Fulham tonight

Re: UEFA Europa League 22nd April Evening guys, I've gone for two bets this evening.. Athletico Mardrid V Liverpool - Athletico Madrid -0.5 corners @ 1.9 (Bet365) I dont have any particular stats to back this bet up, its just more based on how I see the game going. Liverpool have gone into this game without their main striker Torres, this is a big blow for the English side in my opinion. They will start the match with a 4-5-1 formation with Gerrard being given the task of supporting lone striker N'gog in attack. It will be interesting to see how the Frenchman handles playing the lone striker role. The two wide men are Kyut and Benayoun, both of whom like to wander inside and try play the passing game through the middle. One point to note is that Johnson will be given the licesnse to burst forward at every opportunity and Liverpool may get a few corners from his crosses etc. Athletico Madrid will start the match in a 4-1-3-2 formation which will be employed to try and attack and get the home goal. The know that they must take a lead of some sort into the second leg in Liverpool to have a good chance of progression and I feel the techinical players of Forlan, Simao, Reyes and Juardo have the ability to cause this Liverpool side problems if they are on their game. I like having home advantage in this bet and I can see the Spanish side having a good amount of possession and therefore racking up a few corners during the game. Decent odds and I'm willing to take the -0.5 asian on the corners for Athletico @ 1.9 (Bet365):hope Second bet.... Hamburg V Fulham - Hamburg -3 corners @ 1.95 (Bet365) Not really go much to add to whats already been posted on this bet. Hamburg should dominate possession and create chances at home, Fulham have been effective at defending in this comeptition this year but that doesnt mean they dont concede corners and I can see the Germans racking up a few whilst the Londoners will struggle to get many. Expect the Germans to create a few corner opportunities and I'm happy to take them on the -3 asian @ 1.95 (Bet365):hope Goodluck everyone :ok:ok

Re: UEFA Europa League 22nd April HSV - Fulham Under 2.5 1.7@Triobet Fulham playing solid football last days, despite don't having any motivation to play in EPL, they all concentrate here in Germany today, and the way they playing this should be an under game for me n doubt, Hudgson surely will play from the defence today, and i can see very hard game for Hamburg, only under here! gl ! :hope

Amazed, just amazed to see Hamburg on a -3 corner handicap :loon When we consider how many corners Fulham have given away in the Europa league this season, away from home. Hamburg - 3 Corner handicap @ 2.05 - BET365. Fulham have only won this handicap away to Juventus. They tend to give away plenty of corners. Hamburg have faced some tough opponents at home in the Europa league, so it is no surprise to see that they didn't beat a corner handicap against Standard, PSV, and Anderlecht. They did however, beat this handicap against Celtic, Rapid Wien, and Tel Aviv.
thanks, Jase :cheers

Evening guys, I've gone for two bets this evening.. Athletico Mardrid V Liverpool - Athletico Madrid -0.5 corners @ 1.9 (Bet365) I dont have any particular stats to back this bet up, its just more based on how I see the game going. Liverpool have gone into this game without their main striker Torres, this is a big blow for the English side in my opinion. They will start the match with a 4-5-1 formation with Gerrard being given the task of supporting lone striker N'gog in attack. It will be interesting to see how the Frenchman handles playing the lone striker role. The two wide men are Kyut and Benayoun, both of whom like to wander inside and try play the passing game through the middle. One point to note is that Johnson will be given the licesnse to burst forward at every opportunity and Liverpool may get a few corners from his crosses etc. Athletico Madrid will start the match in a 4-1-3-2 formation which will be employed to try and attack and get the home goal. The know that they must take a lead of some sort into the second leg in Liverpool to have a good chance of progression and I feel the techinical players of Forlan, Simao, Reyes and Juardo have the ability to cause this Liverpool side problems if they are on their game. I like having home advantage in this bet and I can see the Spanish side having a good amount of possession and therefore racking up a few corners during the game. Decent odds and I'm willing to take the -0.5 asian on the corners for Athletico @ 1.9 (Bet365):hope Second bet.... Hamburg V Fulham - Hamburg -3 corners @ 1.95 (Bet365) Not really go much to add to whats already been posted on this bet. Hamburg should dominate possession and create chances at home, Fulham have been effective at defending in this comeptition this year but that doesnt mean they dont concede corners and I can see the Germans racking up a few whilst the Londoners will struggle to get many. Expect the Germans to create a few corner opportunities and I'm happy to take them on the -3 asian @ 1.95 (Bet365):hope Goodluck everyone :ok:ok
Good stuff!! :cheers:cheers

I very much like the look of Fulham to get something from Hamburg tomorrow night and 2.30 for Fulham +0.5 in Asia looks really really tempting. I wouldn't be at all surprised if the game were to finish 0-0 considering Hodgson will probably set up 4-5-1 with Zamora upfront on his own and very much like their games against Shakthar and Wolfsburg, Fulham will simply look to frustrate Hamburg and close Hamburg down at every opportunity. Wolfsburg are much higher than Hamburg in the Bundesliga and they never looked like scoring at home against Fulham in the last round. If Hodgson sets up a similar approach here whilst looking to nick one on the counter, you have to say the Cottagers offer terrific value and even Under 2.5 at around 10/11 looks value imo.
Kerching :cow:beer Hope it was only Jase who backed Hamburg after reading my post. :ok

I completely agree with bet regarding Hamburg on the -3 corner handicap, the journey will definitely have affected Fulham especially since they're hardly used to trabelling around Europe in the first place (apart from on luxurious holidays no doubt), so I'm not sure they're gna have the right mindset tonight.. Hamburg should nick this one in my opinion and Fulham will be trying to hold them off all night long. Hamburg -3 corner handicap I agree. (2.05 B365) The Liverpool game really interests me... Liverpool like Barcelona will be affected by that gruesome journey and this isn't gna be the best of games in my opinion. Rafa has said he wants his team to get an away goal but I'm not sure if without Torres they can get one tonight. Aguero is an incredible player I watched him single handedly take on Chelsea earlier on in the season and I think Athletico are gna miss him as well, I reckon this one is gna be a stalemate and even if Pool do get that away goal I see Athletico equalising. 0-0 scoreline (7.0 B365) Small stakes 1-1 scoreline (6.5 B365) Small stakes Under2.5 (1.75 B365) Draw (3.25 B365)
Not a bad night, great call with the corners bet guys easily won. :ok

The thing that interests me about the -3 corner h/cap is the amount of corners Fulham ship. The stats below are from all their away Europa League matches... Lost 8-1 against CSKA Lost 9-3 against Roma Lost 9-4 against Basel Lost 16-0 against Shaktar Drew 4-4 against Juve Lost 10-2 against Wolfburg Think I'll have a go on the -3 but small stakes, currently evens at Paddy Power. Also had a look at the corners in the Liverpool game but that's a no bet for me.
Nice 7-1 to Hamburg :cheers