** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Progressive staking

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Progressive staking Not really interested in the yield, for the comparison to have some validity you need a similar level of risk, that you can approximate by making the total staked the same. Otherwise the yield is fine but profit/loss gives a distorted view. ( not that it makes all that much difference )

Re: Progressive staking

Not really interested in the yield, for the comparison to have some validity you need a similar level of risk, that you can approximate by making the total staked the same. Otherwise the yield is fine but profit/loss gives a distorted view. ( not that it makes all that much difference )
Oh, now i understand... Don't think its so important though, yield should be the main indicator of good/bad results in betting, not profit. It really doesn't make any difference if your profit 20 or 2000 pts untill your yield is 2% i.e. My oppinion.

Re: Progressive staking Yes but yield isn't the only aspect to consider, it only actually has meaning if you put it inside a context of risk. I can show you a system with a yield of 30% , brilliant isnt it. Thing is in order to get and maintain that yield you need to stake the whole bank each time. In other words you risk total bankrupcy with each bet. Given that context of risk a yield of 30% doesn't really sound all that good does it. I suspect, repeat suspect, that what you achive with this progressive staking is just a shift in the speed with which the profit is generated. Not an advantage. In other words as long as you can maintain your positive yield you will make profit faster compared to level stakes. The price you pay is that if your yield flips to the negative side you will lose money faster compared to level stakes. If you're ok with that increase in risk and you are confident you can maintain a positive yield then go for it. You'll need to take that on face value as to go into more details i'd need to run some Monte Carlo simultations but i just don't have the time for that at the moment. Best i can do for now is wish you good luck. :ok

Re: Progressive staking Corinthian, Doesn't this "system" all depend on where the winners fall and odds of winner, whether profit or loss is made? How would these situations effect your system if all prices are Evens? L, L, L, L, L, W, W, W, W, W W, L, W, L, W, L, W, L, W, L W, W, W, W, W, L, L, L, L, L At level stakes they'd obviously break even.