** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Progressive staking

I plan to start with this system from the next season, of course if it will work in this paper trial. What is it all about? Let's say i start with €1000 on my Pinnacle account. I'll be taking only one bet in one day. Initial stake is 2% of total bankroll, what means €20. Every time i lose i'll increase stake for 20%, and every time i win i'll decrese stake for 20%. Scale should look like this: Bet 1: €20 Bet 2: €24 Bet 3: €28.8 Bet 4: €34.6 Bet 5: €41.5 Bet 6: €50 ................ ................ ................ Odds will be between 1.80 and 2.20, but not strictly, sometimes i'll take higher or lower odds so it's not a strict rule. When or if i increase or decrease total bankroll for 50% i'll readjust this scale and continue. In theory it looks promising, but those things usually say a lot more when you try them yourself. I just hope it won't be a waste of time. :hope

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Progressive staking - very selective system Hi there, some comments I have. With €1000 and your staking system, if I'm not wrong, you would be able to last until Bet 13. However, your €1000 would be wiped out if you happen to run in a string of 13 consecutive losses. It is probably unlikely but I just thought I should point it out though. In my opinion (people might disagree), I think the point about increasing stakes (i.e. hoping to chase losses) is fine, BUT only if there is a maximum cap to it and it should not be too large as compared to the initial stake. For example, you can set your cap to be €50 and not go over it, i.e stay at €50 when you lose, but reduce when you win, thereafter it's back to normal. Since this season is still in progress, a paper trail would be good to see how it goes. Finally, good luck!

Re: Progressive staking - very selective system First of all, than you for your comment. Second of all i absolutely agree with you, i wont push it untill i lose. I wrote that scale will be readjusted when i go up or down by 50%. In that case i would set the new scale. I'm perfectly aware of the flaws which this system has, and that are long losing streaks, but on the other hand, if someone loses 13, or 15 or 20 consecutive bets at around 2.00.... You know. Again, thanks for your comment and hope to see more of such constructive posts. Cheers. :cheers

Re: Progressive staking - very selective system Oops, miss out on the adjustment part. Must be the Monday blues.. :spank Anyway, congratulations on your first win! So I guess you are staking on all kinds of sports?

Re: Progressive staking - very selective system @ relf Yes, but mostly football. @ Rob You asked why progressive staking, why not flat? Well, basically i know how the things are going with level stakes, also with adjusted stakes 1-10, 1-5, 1-3 etc. so i wanted to see how this works. About this system, if i pick odds at 2.00 every time, and have about 50% strike rate i'll maximize my winnings by increasing stakes after every loss. Let's say i have WLLWWL using this scale, i would make profit of €8.80. Using level stakes i would "earn" €0. Of course, losing streaks are natural and they will come sooner or later but if i can win cca. 50% of all my bets, with odds at cca. 2.00, than i would probably earn more than using level stakes. @ lawalahmed Thank you mate, and i hope i wont dissapoint you. ;)

Re: Progressive staking - very selective system

1) Starace to beat Luczak @ 1.79 €20 to win €15.8
First one is a winner, so bank now stands at €1015.80. From now on i will post general stats every time i post a new selection.

Re: Progressive staking - very selective system

3) Benfica (+1) AH against Liverpool @ 1.88 :hope €24 to win €21.12
Good luck. I think Liverpool will go out through away goals rule after winning 3-2. Evil me.. :spank