** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Champions League- 6th April

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Champions League- 6th April Inter Draw no bet looks value to me, took 4/7 with Bet365.. Reasonable stake. Over 1.5 in the Barca game at 1/6 with Betfred looks like printing money to me.. thoughts? As previously mentioned under 10 corners in the Barca game at 11/10 with Betfred looks a fair punt. Thoughts on the above please..?

Re: Champions League- 6th April Watching the first half at the emirates the play of Barcelona was exceptional, Arsenal were caught in the headlights and looked very mediocre.(which was not a true reflection on Arsenals ability) Tonights match however I can see Barcelona playing comfortable possession football, which may suit Arsenal as they only need to find one goal more the Barcelona, so I cant see the same intensity being played like the first leg from Barcelona, also Im sure they are away to Real Madrid this weekend which in itself a massive match. Arsenal on the other hand I dont think can win the league with the injuries to key personnel. If Barcelona do what they do best and just keep the ball with no silly mistakes, I can see this being a low scoring affair, but on the other hand you have 2 very attack minded teams. So just for an interest in this one. BARCELONA C/S 1-0 @ 9

Re: Champions League- 6th April The line-ups are out:

CSKA MoscowInternazionale
35 Igor Akinfeev (G) (G) Julio César 12
4 Sergei Ignashevich (CD-L) (CD-L) Walter Samuel 25
24 Vasili Berezutsky (CD-R) (CD-R) Ferreira Lucio 6
42 Georgy Shennikov (LB) (LB) Javier Zanetti 4
6 Alexei Berezutsky (RB) (RB) Maicon 13
2 Deividas Semberas (LM) (CM) Esteban Cambiasso 19
18 Keisuke Honda (RM) (LM) Dejan Stankovic 5
89 Tomas Necid (ST) (RM) Wesley Sneijder 10
10 Alan Dzagoev (RCF) (ST) Goran Pandev 27
13 Mark Gonzalez (AM-L) (LF) Alberto Diego Milito 22
11 Pavel Mamayev (AM-R) (RF) Samuel Eto'o 9
I don't know much of the CSKA players but it looks like JM has gone for the same formation as against Chelsea. 4-2-1-3. Sneijder in the hole or maybe a bit deeper to make a traditional 4-3-3. Pandev on the left, Milito through the middle and Eto'o out right. Milito and Etoo could swap. This worked very well away to Chelsea and I'd expect the same tonight.

Re: Champions League- 6th April

Inter Draw no bet looks value to me, took 4/7 with Bet365.. Reasonable stake. Over 1.5 in the Barca game at 1/6 with Betfred looks like printing money to me.. thoughts? As previously mentioned under 10 corners in the Barca game at 11/10 with Betfred looks a fair punt. Thoughts on the above please..?
Under ten corners is 8/5 with hills, gonna double that up with cska to win. theyre way too underestimated,a nd 1-0 means extra time and inter live to fight on. plastic pitch, home advantage, and cska were well up for it last week,

Re: Champions League- 6th April seeing as how arsenal barca could have finished 8-4 at the emirates and teams are missing gallas, puyol, pique and song, I will be on over 3 or over 3.5. Only an interest bet as I doubt overs could ever be value with these two playing. On the Arsenal price, they may well be value but I cant back them without Song in the lineup - IMO he is their most important player. GL to all gunner fans, ill be cheering you on tonight!

Re: Champions League- 6th April Don't know if in-play calls are permitted on this thread but just noticed that CSKA are 10/1 at the mo (or 8/1 DNB) at BET 365 which given what I've seen looks decent value. Only a goal in it so the DNB looks a good interest bet.

Re: Champions League- 6th April Full Barcelona v Arsenal line-ups: Barcelona: Valdes, Dani Alves, Marquez, Milito, Abidal, Busquets, Xavi, Keita, Pedro, Bojan, Messi. Subs: Pinto, Iniesta, Henry, Maxwell, Toure Yaya, Fontas, Jeffren. Arsenal: Almunia, Sagna, Vermaelen, Silvestre, Clichy, Denilson, Diaby, Walcott, Nasri, Rosicky, Bendtner. Subs: Fabianski, Eduardo, Eboue, Traore, Campbell, Merida, Eastmond. Referee: Wolfgang Stark (Germany)

Re: Champions League- 6th April Barca surely will do anything to not let arsenal come back into the game. They will do their possesion game as usual and the funny thing is that arsenal loves to play the possesion game , too. But they are not capable against barca. THis shows how strong barca is. And every player in barca dress has the ability to play this possesion game. Then there is messi who is in outstanding form and he will be the to go man in this game without ibra. this will give much space for bojan and pedro. I excpect that barca outplays arsenal in this game. Sure they have some gunners upfront who can be dangerous to any side but their chances will be limited today and they are not very famous for their conversion rate. Nothing wrong with the barca defense. Puyol is missing but as long as marquez stays calm there will be no problem. Silvestre and is much more a problem to his defense then the former not to speak of almunia. other thing is we have some pages here about that game with tendency to barca and i go along with this but the price is not good. Some better prices surely available on homewins at the weekend. I like the under alternative as the price is very nice and as long arsenal doesnt fall into pieces once they concede I can imagine a more relaxed passing game in the last half hour from barca with frustrated arsenal players.

Re: Champions League- 6th April What do you guys think about most goals being scored in the first half? 3.10 at bet365 seems like value to me. With a weakened Arsenal side like that, I think we can see Barca storming out to finish this quickly, and then withdraw slightly after that..

Re: Champions League- 6th April gonna go totally against the grain here - i actually think this will be a tight match. Imo Arsenals best chance is to keep it tight and try and sneak a winner on the break - surely Wenger must realise that they are no match for Barca playing their usual possesion style of football- Barca are possible the only team out there that BOTH work harder without the ball AND have more skill with the ball. Obv Fabregas' injury is another massive blow so i just cant see them committing men forward. On the other side Barca just ooze quality - they should easily have the lions share of the ball but they dont need the win and if the game goes 60+ without a goal then are they really going to be pushing men forward? They will also have an eye on saturdays match in Madrid and might be tempted to rest some players in the second half. Now i THINK that Barca should win but i aint backin any team that doesnt need a win at odds of 1.3 so i have looked for value elsewhere. couldnt find any for barca but 0-0 is a huge price and can be laid off after 45 for a free bet and small profit so thats what im on - GL all