** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Champions League- 6th April

Re: Champions League- 6th April CurlyMcfizzle Newbie Punter Join Date: 05 Apr 2010 Age: 20 Posts: 1 icon1.gif Re: Champions League- 6th April

None of the singles really take my fancy but after looking on William Hill some of these match trebles seem quite tempting. Barcelona Win and Under 10 Corners and 4-6 Cards @ 6.00 Barcelona Win and Under 10 Corners and Over 6 Cards @ 15.00 Curly, ill be having some of both of these i think. great bet i reckon. 6 cards in the first leg (mind you, 2 were quite harsh against arsenal, particularly song's booking that he clearly pulled out of the tackle) 20 on the 15/1 and 10er on the 6/1 saver. Anyone else looking at this, or would avoid it for a particular reason?

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Champions League- 6th April also, just an interesting stat on this- in the chelsea v inter games, 1st leg 3 cards, second leg 8 cards United v bayern 1st leg is 5 bookings Arsenal v porto both games had 5 bookings i suppose the small slight point im trying to make is that the second leg rarely has less bookings than the first, and i know id be kicking out at barca, if they were running rings round me. any opinions? (ips- i know ive taken a very small sample size above, but it is current if nothing else on the general refereeing this season in the big games)

Re: Champions League- 6th April Interesting... Samir Nasri to Score and Xavi to be booked: 45/1 @ PP Messi to score and Xavi to be booked : 12/1 @PP Messi to score and Campbell to be booked: 17/2 @ PP Bendtner to score and Campbell to be booked: 19/1 @ PP Can see Campbell being ran circles round tonight so may show frustration? Food for thought...

Re: Champions League- 6th April

Interesting... Samir Nasri to Score and Xavi to be booked: 45/1 @ PP Messi to score and Xavi to be booked : 12/1 @PP Messi to score and Campbell to be booked: 17/2 @ PP Bendtner to score and Campbell to be booked: 19/1 @ PP Can see Campbell being ran circles round tonight so may show frustration? Food for thought...
I have not got the stats in front of me, but I cannot really remember seeing Xavi get booked. This could be pure ignorance on my part. He just does not strike me as the player to get booked, especially as his side more often than not have the ball and are in control.

Re: Champions League- 6th April This has to be a joke. Arsenal to go through @ 8 ? I do not really care if they are playing against Barcelona or Brazil or a team from Mars, this is a Champ league quarter final and anything can happen. At this stage, miracles do happen more often than once in eight times. 15 euro @ Arsenal to go through at 8 (Betfair) 2 euro @ Arsenal to go through in extra time at 75 (Betfair) 2 euro @ Arsenal to go through with penalties at 80 (Betfair) If Barcelona demolishes Arsenal which is to be expected- I won't feel a second of regret making those bets. :ok

Interesting... Samir Nasri to Score and Xavi to be booked: 45/1 @ PP Messi to score and Xavi to be booked : 12/1 @PP Messi to score and Campbell to be booked: 17/2 @ PP Bendtner to score and Campbell to be booked: 19/1 @ PP Can see Campbell being ran circles round tonight so may show frustration? Food for thought...
Why take any of those bets involving goal scorers when you could just bet on Campbell to be carded with skybet. Was at 5/1 yesterday but has now been brought down to 4/1.

Re: Champions League- 6th April Your two previous posts.

Also I wouldn't be surprised to see Abidal back at left-back, not centre back. He played at the weekend and played well. He also has far more physical presence than Maxwell so is better equipped to deal with Walcott. Maxwell had a bit of a nightmare when Walcott came on last week. With Yaya doubtful Maxwell could again be played in midfield as at the weekend. I think Abidal at left-back would be a good move if Theo starts. & I have not got the stats in front of me, but I cannot really remember seeing Xavi get booked. This could be pure ignorance on my part. He just does not strike me as the player to get booked, especially as his side more often than not have the ball and are in control.
Agreed :ok You obviously watch your spanish football or regularly Barcelona ;) It isn't only Alves who has speed at the back, Abidal does too. I wouldn't call Maxwell slow but Walcott should have the better of him. Walcott will be competed with for pace against Alves & Abidal though.

Barcelona Win and Under 10 Corners and Over 6 Cards @ 15.00
I like this bet. Im sure the referee tonight does tend to hand out his yellows. Only thing on my mind is, is it going to be a match with bad challenges? .. probably not. But at these odds, surely its worth a go :unsure

Re: Champions League- 6th April Arsenal priced up at around 8.5 - 9 with some bookmakers. That's just too big in my opinion. In some ways Arsenal will prefer a trip to the Nou Camp over going to places like St.Andrews and Britannia. The two teams play in a very similiar style of football when in full flow. Barcelona were superb in the first leg but I think the prices are a pure over-reaction to this fact, it will be very hard for Barcleona to play as good again. Wenger and Arsenal surely must have learnt from the first leg were they allowed them far too much space in the first half but closed down and pressured the ball better in the second. Somewhat ironic that Arsenal's only chance of winning this game is playing in the style of teams who give Arsenal a tough game. i.e. in your face, constant pressure football. Arsenal need eleven players to put in a full shift and work for the team if they are going to come away with anything. I'd propose a team like this: Almunia Sagna, Vermaelen, Campbell, Clichy Eboue, Diaby, Denilson, Nasri, Rosicky Walcott Probably not going to be that, but I'd put out the team with the highest work-rate and the above is probably that. I'd also play Walcott down the middle as Barcelona were obviously threatened by his pace in the first leg. All that being side I'm not going to have a bet on this game as I think Arsenal will get beat because they play to open and their defense isn't the best but Barcelona is no value at the current odds. Vermaelen anytime goalscorer @ 11.00 seems too big though and may be worth a small punt because he's always a danger from corners and he's capable of a striking a ball from distance. Barcelona don't look to have the tallest team either so Arsenal could be a danger from set-pieces. Sol Campbell is 21.00 for anytime goalscorer again good value in my opinion.

Yup I agree with Messi being the decoy like he was in the 1st leg.. Pity though, I would have liked to see the Messi show unload onto Arsenal...:(
Who's to say it wont? He was watched so much in 1st leg IMO, and they seemed to just be wary of his threat forgetting everyone else. Messi could set up the goals and into the 2nd half you don't know if Messi will unload or not ;) i expect he'll have his moments :D

I think he's full of crap. He sometimes will give one of those tips where a profit is guaranteed' date=' y'know, like when backing two things on different sites, but you go to the sites, and the bets are never there.[/quote'] I am having doubts about this one, definitely.

Re: Champions League- 6th April Regarding the few posts above I too have taken Bojan and Pedro as first goal-scorers on the same basis you have; that Messi will be a 'decoy', so to speak. The only other bet I have taken at the moment is one that I was led to by a previous post. The post itself referenced Jase as picking out the bet initially. It is that the match will be a draw at half-time. Barcelona do not have to go out and score. I am not suggesting they will sit back and counter, because they wont. They will have most of the ball as they always do and I think there will be lots of probing and ball retention. They will have a couple of chances no doubt but I don't think they will play with such a high intensity as they did away from home. The odds for such an outcome at half-time are very good in my opinion and It will be my main bet of the evening. First Goal-scorer: Pedro - 9.00 Bojan - 7.2 Half time result: Draw - 2.96

Re: Champions League- 6th April Only bet that appeals to me right now is the corner handicap market, everything else looks dope...As far as inter's game goes, nothing appeals to me atm.. Might just have to focus my betting elsewhere for the evening :(

Re: Champions League- 6th April The odds on Pedro & Bojan are definetly worth a small stake.. Yeah, as ive says before everyone knows its Arsenal who need to score but by no means will Barca be sitting back and waiting for them to make the first move. With Barcelona's possession, chances will be created and goals should come. 0-0 Draw half time sounds good IMO, can see Barca dominating possession, controlling the game and just waiting to see what Arsenal do, however ive no doubt Barca will create chances and if they score them then it aint going to be a draw at ht but they wont be pushing for goals is my point. ;)

Re: Champions League- 6th April Inter Milan @ 2.30 bet365 Inter Milan dominated the first leg and should have had a few more goals than the one they scored. Still it forces CSKA to come at them to even the tie up and this will benefit Inter who do like to hit teams on the counter. CSKA has suffered a buig blow for this game as influential midfielders Aldonin and Krasic are out and Inter should have an even larger control of the midfield over the course of the game. Inter showed in their 1-0 win at Chelsea, that not only can they win on the road but they can get their tactics right, and Mourinho will look to contain CSKA as much as possible and hit them when they have pushed too many players forward. The fact that they have conceded only 1 goal in their last 4 CL games says much about their ability to keep teams out, and their job has been made somewhat easier without Aldonin and Krasic in midfield for CKSA Inter to go into the semi finals with a win here Barcelona - Arsenal over 3.5 @ 2.26 pinnacle Like the look of goals in this game, much like with the first leg, where it ended 2-2. Bot play a very good brand of football amd Arsenal especially will go on the attack here. Barcelona have lost Puyol and Pique in the centre of their defence which will give them even more hope that they can score and win the game here, while if Walcott starts , then as shown in the first leg he can cause Barcelona plenty of problems with his speed. Arsenal have lost Fabregas and Arshavin in midfield and Gallas in defence. While their defence has been shaky with goals conceded in 3 of their last 4 CL games including the last 2 away games, their players like Bendtner has been scoring, and they will need additional help from others. Simply put, both teams are very much offensive minded , and despite both teams having injuries they do have quality players playing for them. They also have key players missing in defence and believe that there maybe some goals in this game.

Another bet which caught my eye is: Barca -3 corners @ 1.85 hills Barca -2 corners @ 1.53 hills (looks nailed on) Seeing how the corner count at the Emirates was 0:4 in favor of Barcelona..
The thing with this is though, Barcelona don't really play for corners, and neither do Arsenal. They both like to walk it into the back of the net. The only reason it went to 0-4 in the first leg was because Arsenal were extremely poor from the first whistle, nevre recovered from the first half hour, and didn't start playing until Walcott came on. Corners bet could go either way imo.

Re: Champions League- 6th April Absolutely Jase. You will often see Barcelona when they play out to the wings the player will feign running down the line and then often cut in or play a pass back into the middle. Having said that I wouldn't fancy backing Arsenal because I don't think they will see much of the ball, although when they do they should in theory have more chance getting corners with Walcott doing what he only can do; run to the byline. This is the last you will hear from me on the game as I have had such an un-productive day of studying.

Gents as an aside do you have a lot of luck with first goalscorers? They always seem too much of a lottery to me. I do well with anytime goalscorers.
Haven't played first goal scorers since my earlier days. I agree with the lottery statement.

Re: Champions League- 6th April Only bets that stand out for me are Inter to win at 5/4, just think they will have to much for CSKA and as shown in the previous round they can play well and win away from home. I also like the look of Sol Campbell to be booked at 4/1, I dont normally bet on players to be booked but just think with the skill and flair barcelona have I can see Campbell getting really frustrated and getting booked... possibly even sent off hmmm... Good luck everyone with your bets :hope:hope

Re: Champions League- 6th April Sport Football (Euro Cups) Event Barcelona-Arsenal Selection over 11 corners Strength 10/10 Date 06/04/2010 Bookmaker/Price Bet365 @ 1.90 (Back) Reasoning In first match from England the score was 2-2.Was a spectacular match and again I think will be and tonight.Both teams play a good football and I expect both to score here.But I expect Barcelona to qualify in next round,being something stronger than Arsenal.Messi or Ibrahimovici will be again the decisive players for hosts.A spectacular game must to have and more corners,more phases of gate,so I bet on over 11 corners tonight. Sport Football (Euro Cups) Event Cska-Inter Selection both teams to score Strength 10/10 Date 06/04/2010 Bookmaker/Price Bet365 @ 1.95 (Back) Reasoning In first match from Italy the score was 1-0 for Inter.Was a balanced match ,Cska playing relatively good.I expect here the hosts to score at least 1 goal,being the single option for to hope to qualification.But,the other side,certainly Inter will have an answer and they will score also.1-1 my prediction,so both teams to score is my option.

None of the singles really take my fancy but after looking on William Hill some of these match trebles seem quite tempting. Barcelona Win and Under 10 Corners and 4-6 Cards @ 6.00 Barcelona Win and Under 10 Corners and Over 6 Cards @ 15.00
:welcome Under 10 corners looks a cracking bet considering they were only 4 corners at the Emirates So people instead of stressing yourself's out on the corner handicaps go for unders cos its not either team style to go for corners In terms of game i can see Barca winning but not not by a big margin, Song being missing is a key lost for Arsenal as it was him an Alumina that kept them in the game in the 1st hlf in the 1st leg. I can see barca exploting that area also Denilson can't defend, Sol Campbell quiet slow i can the barca pacey front 3 tearing him too shreds. I see Halftime draw is good value but i can see Barca hitting them early so they can put the tie to bed Also Messi Decoy well he might of been in the 1st leg but i can see being eager to score this time round, also being penalty taker does help and he does take some freekicks Under 10 corners in the match 8/5 Hills Barca HT/FT 10/11 PP Messi 1st goal 3/1 Hills Ps. I like Cska +1 but aint gonna get involved in this one

Sport Football (Euro Cups) Event Barcelona-Arsenal Selection over 11 corners Strength 10/10 Date 06/04/2010 Bookmaker/Price Bet365 @ 1.90 (Back) Reasoning In first match from England the score was 2-2.Was a spectacular match and again I think will be and tonight.Both teams play a good football and I expect both to score here.But I expect Barcelona to qualify in next round,being something stronger than Arsenal.Messi or Ibrahimovici will be again the decisive players for hosts.A spectacular game must to have and more corners,more phases of gate,so I bet on over 11 corners tonight. Sport Football (Euro Cups) Event Cska-Inter Selection both teams to score Strength 10/10 Date 06/04/2010 Bookmaker/Price Bet365 @ 1.95 (Back) Reasoning In first match from Italy the score was 1-0 for Inter.Was a balanced match ,Cska playing relatively good.I expect here the hosts to score at least 1 goal,being the single option for to hope to qualification.But,the other side,certainly Inter will have an answer and they will score also.1-1 my prediction,so both teams to score is my option.
Eh, there was 4 corners in the first game and they played exactly the type of game you are anticipating. your confusing yourself a bit there i think, or me at any rate

Re: Champions League- 6th April Right im a big follower of the italian game. Inter were outstanding vs chelsea especially away. But lets get one thing straight their form has been far from great over the last 6 weeks or so in Italy. Yes on their day they can beat most teams in Europe, but they have been far from consistent recently. I feel the odds of 9/5 (hills) is a great bit of value. Nobody likes to play in Russia, throw in a plastice pitch and Inter being bottlers and you have the makings of a home win. I dont think Inter have the best away record in the champions league either and i think this has the makings of a real shock. Wesley Sneijder was struggling and should play but he will not be 100 per cent, when he is in form, inter play but when he isnt then they dont.