** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Champions League 31st of March

Re: Champions League 31st of March Arsenal to win - 3.25 (BetDaq) Song to be booked - 2.5 (PaddyPower) Arsenal +1 corner handicap - 1.6 (PaddyPower) ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ I reckon at the odds that the bookies have put on an Arsenal victory represent too good an offer to refuse. At home, with clearly the Arsenal players and indeed manager up for this game - this should be very good contest. Reports indicate that Gallas is back and he'll shore up the defense and allow song to fill his more suited defensive slot in midfield. Vermaellen has been involunatry rested coming up to this and will be back too. Meanwhile Fabregas is a '40%' chance - to me this means pretty much means he's nailed on to play. A bit of pre-match mind games. So we have more than likely a first choice Arsenal side set against a Barcelona that has not looked as invincible as they did last season and missing a key midfield component in Iniesta. They also haven't faired as well away in the Champions League in recent fixtures. My money is on a Home win. Meanwhile, Song to be booked is quite a good bet. He's the midfield enforcer of Arsenal and although he's not a dirty player he can and does put his foot in at times. He also in recent matches has prefected the art of tatical fouling if a particular dangerous situation emerges. Against Spanish opposition his physicality will probably get him carded. I've put a smallish stake on this one. And finally the corner bet, I've decided to go for the +1 Arsenal handicap. I see them getting more at home on a big European night, particularly with the pace that they can employ on the wings. Barcelona however, do not tend to play for the corners if they can help it, they lack the personnel to make the most of the. I've gone for the +1 though just to be on the safe side though.

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Champions League 31st of March Arsenal - Barcelona Goal/Goal 1.6 @ Expekt Both teams smashed their opponents in the previous round, both are in fantastic form lately. Arsenal saved their dream for the CL trophy with 6-2 aggregate results versus Porto. Arsen Wenger will start tonight with attacking formation again. Although, Bendtner will be the only attacker, behind him, he will be supported by Fabregas, Arshavin and Nasry. There had some qustions whether Cesc will play, but he is fit already. Guardiola will start with 4-3-3 formation. In attack will play be Messi, Ibrahivoc and Henry. Lionel Messi with fantastic performances lately and he will create many problems for Arsenal's defence, I'm sure about it. In last 4 league games Barcelona conceded only once goal, but Arsenal play great in London and they must score at home.

Re: Champions League 31st of March BREAKING NEWS!!!!! BENDTNER IS OUT THROUGH INJURY, SPRAINED ANKLE DURING TRAINING!!!! haha just kidding... Oh wait thats the case with Rooney!!! 2-4 weeks out :nana:nana On a more serious note though, I think back both teams to score is a really good bet, for the Arsenal game... Ive got a gut feeling that like yesterday both teams will score in both games with the home team edging it by a goal or two.. Its as simple as this, if Arsenal fail to get an advantage here at the Emirates later on today, they will be facing the impossible task of beating Barca away from home.. The fact is, Barcelona have simply been unstoppable at home this season..

Re: Champions League 31st of March Derek McGovern, bless him, is tipping up Barcelona to have more possession at 5-4 at willhills. Im sure there wont be any statistical basis for his selection, he appears to pride himself on ignoring stats, but the possession figures for the last four respective home/away games are interesting...Arsenal arent as dominant in possession against weaker sides as you might first think: Arsenal home Champs League possession: 57% v olympiakos 52 v alkmaar 63 v liege 51 v porto Barca away Champs League possession: 63% at inter 71 at rubin kazan 77 at kiev 57 at stuttgart

Re: Champions League 31st of March

Derek McGovern, bless him, is tipping up Barcelona to have more possession at 5-4 at willhills. Im sure there wont be any statistical basis for his selection, he appears to pride himself on ignoring stats, but the possession figures for the last four respective home/away games are interesting...Arsenal arent as dominant in possession against weaker sides as you might first think: Arsenal home Champs League possession: 57% v olympiakos 52 v alkmaar 63 v liege 51 v porto Barca away Champs League possession: 63% at inter 71 at rubin kazan 77 at kiev 57 at stuttgart
forgot to check derek's predos lol: but yeah, looks like a solid bet to me just based on the stats above :ok I wanna back it, but as usual can't find any of his stupid bets on the 178 markets offered on the game... any ideas where to find it?

Re: Champions League 31st of March A lot of talk of both Barcelona and Arsenal scoring tonight, and with reason. However the price for me is a little bit low. Looking to the other match tonight, it is believed that Mourinho is going to play an attacking style so as not to suffer too much in Moscow, so it is likely he will play with Pandev, Sjneider and Eto'o behind Milito. If they play this formation then I expect some goals. Defensively, Lucio and Thiago Motta are suspended so they could be a bit weak at the back, this should help CSKA in the counterattack, especially with Honda and the speed of the wingers Gonzalez and Krasic. CSKA have scored in there last 16 matches of Champions, including away at places such as wolfsburg, Manchester, Besiktas and Sevilla. My bet tonight is Both teams to score @ 2.24 (Betfair)

forgot to check derek's predos lol: but yeah, looks like a solid bet to me just based on the stats above :ok I wanna back it, but as usual can't find any of his stupid bets on the 178 markets offered on the game... any ideas where to find it?
ARGH!!! Market closed... Sooo Gaaaay...:wall

Just so you know - they have that market at Interwetten' date=' but both teams are priced at [b']1.80.
Haha, awesome news, thanks a million, deffo gonna open an account and have a look at it before betting :ok This odds-camparison site, doesnt exactly list all the bets, or compare with all the sites haiz..

Just so you know - they have that market at Interwetten' date=' but both teams are priced at [b']1.80.
Do you bet with Interwetten? They are doing some stupid verification check with me... :( Any ideas how long that takes? If not, any other sites still doing this ball possession bet?

Barcalona are a better team than Chelsea and Man Utd in my eyes . They have quality all over pitch and beat both United & Chelsea in champs league last year . Man utd and Chelsea have both been to Arsenal this year and won with ease both scoring 3 goals at emirates .
erm, i think its a bit rich to say they beat chelsea last year as they actually drew both games and it took a goal in the 180th minute of the tie for them to equalise and sneak through on away goals barcelona dont often win the champions league ties away from home as they believe they can get the job done at home i'll be laying barca on betfair

Re: Champions League 31st of March I have a good feeling tonight for overs in both matches. I had the same feeling last night and had a nice little double on overs in both matches. First of all I think that the form book has to go out of the window to a certain extent because these are cup matches and not only that, cup matches with a Champions League semi-final place up for grabs. Therefore the usual study of form and past encounters has less relevance in a competition where literally, anything can happen. The Arsenal - Barca match for obvious reasons stands out as a game with at least 3 goals, both sides will be attacking from the off and neither can boast the best defence in the world, or anywhere near it. As far as a result is concerned, I must admit I have only bet on a result in a Barca game once all season, and that was last month when they lost to Atletico. I had Atletico to win that match because the cracks were just starting to show in a Barca side without the likes of Pique, Toure, Abidal and Alves. In fact I personally think Barca have looked shaky for a number of weeks and it's taken outrageous performances by Leo Messi to gloss over it. Anyway, both sides don't know any other way to play than to play offensively and with the quality on display tonight I would be dumbfounded if there was less than 3 goals in the match. Over 2.5 - 17/20 @ bet365 The inter game is a little different. Mourinho is under the spotlight by the Italian press and will desperately want to reach the semis at the very least before he most likely departs Italy in the summer. He will know that he got probably the best tie against CSKA and may well want to try to wrap up the tie in the 1st leg. The way the game pans out in terms of goals will depend mostly on how CSKA approach the game. If they go to the San Siro with an attacking philosophy and try to get the away goal, which I think would be their best chance of progressing, then this could be an explosive game. If they try to maybe take a 0-0 back to Russia then I think Mourinho is far too clever and experienced to let the Russians dictate play and will himself go for that early goal to settle the nerves vis-a-vis when Chelsea came to Milan. Either way I think the chances of a few goals are high, and although not as confident in the overs as I am with the Arsenal game, I'm still more than willing to take it. Over 2.5 - 19/20 @ bet365 Double Over 2.5 in both matches - 2.6/1 @ bet 365

Re: Champions League 31st of March I've had a pop at the Double Chance Market: Got a double on: 1) Inter or X 2) Arsenal or X Stuck a fairly big sum on, combined odds workout around 4/5. Obviously Arsenal is the one in the lap of the God's, I just feel it's about time they came of age. Hopefully tonight's the night! Inter should be at least good enough to achieve a draw...........Hope I don't regret saying that! Does anybody play the double chance market, I find it quite profitable, though you generally have to have quite a big accy on it to make £ unless you're sticking obscene amounts on bankers.

Re: Champions League 31st of March Arsenal x Barcelona I have some points regarding this match. 1. If Barcelona play all they can, they will destroy Arsenal. 2. It's a two leg game, therefore Barcelona don't have to win, they'll do it at home. 3. Even if Cesc plays, he won't be 100%. 4. People are giving too much attention to Barcelona's attack, but it's important to remember that they have two fast central defenders and are the best defense in spanish league, only 18 goals in 29 matches. 5. Arsenal, IMO, depend a lot (like 70%) of two players, Arshavin and Fabregas. The result will depend of how they are going to play. For both of them should be a special game, Fabregas was formed in Barcelona and Arshavin almost signed with Barcelona, pretty sure he'll want to prove them wrong letting him go to Arsenal. 6. Barcelona are defeatless in the last 10 away games in CL. 6 of them end in draw. 4 of them 1-1, against Lyon, Munich, Chelsea and Stuttgart. 7. Agree with the punter that said that Xavi is the heart of the team, but it's Iniesta who plays closest to Messi, so it's hard to say how he's abscence willl affect Messi's performance. I think it's not smart to bet on 1x2 on game that will depend of so many details and individial performances. It's hard to imagine Arsenal and Barcelona keeping a clean sheet. So I'm gona take Correct Score 1-1 @7.00 (small stakes).

Re: Champions League 31st of March I know most of you expect goals in Ars.v Barca game but i don't. Let's take Barca's last 4 away matches in this CL 0-0 Rubin 0-0 Inter 1-2 Dynamo ( just cos Dynamo is sh*t anyway) 1-1 Stutgart Arsenal scored 2 or more goals in their last 4 home matches but against weaker opponents: Olympiakos, in bad form AZ,St.Liege and in Porto. I think Arsenal will strugle tonight against Barca's defenders plus Valdes is a top keeper. Barca will be happy with point here or an away goal so my bets are: 2-3 goals to be scored @1.9 over 3.5 cards @1.72 first goal after 27th minute @2.00 GL :ok

I've had a pop at the Double Chance Market: Got a double on: 1) Inter or X 2) Arsenal or X Stuck a fairly big sum on, combined odds workout around 4/5. Obviously Arsenal is the one in the lap of the God's, I just feel it's about time they came of age. Hopefully tonight's the night! Inter should be at least good enough to achieve a draw...........Hope I don't regret saying that! Does anybody play the double chance market, I find it quite profitable, though you generally have to have quite a big accy on it to make £ unless you're sticking obscene amounts on bankers.
i think DNB market is a bit better.Yes,your match will be voided if ends in draw but odds will be much higher as well :ok

Yeah Derek McGoven is a legend, i love the man he gives me to much jokes! He has some outrages bets sometimes but hes always convinced hes right :lol

Re: Champions League 31st of March some ridiculous odds being offered on ladbrokes, 15/2 for the woodwork to be hit 3 or more times, 2 times 9/2, 1 time 2/1, 10/11 for none... any idea where else i can find the ball possession bet besides interwetten?

Re: Champions League 31st of March BREAKING TEAM NEWS Fabregas starts, Henry on the bench. STARTING LINE-UPS Arsenal: Almunia, Clichy, Vermaelen, Gallas, Sagna, Diaby, Song, Fabregas, Arshavin, Bendtner, Nasri. Barcelona: Valdes, Maxwell, Puyol, Pique, Alves, Xavi, Busquets, Keita, Pedro, Ibrahimovic, Messi.

Re: Champions League 31st of March i could look very stupid here, with all the attacking talent on display but think AW may have learnt his lesson from previous campaigns about being to open, especially against a team like Barca who like to monopolise the ball during games. Going for unders:loon. Arsenal cant afford to let in an away goal tonight, and on the flip side Barca wont want Arsenal coming to camp nou with a lead to defend. Under 2.5goals @ evens. bluesq

Derek McGovern, bless him, is tipping up Barcelona to have more possession at 5-4 at willhills. Im sure there wont be any statistical basis for his selection, he appears to pride himself on ignoring stats, but the possession figures for the last four respective home/away games are interesting...Arsenal arent as dominant in possession against weaker sides as you might first think: Arsenal home Champs League possession: 57% v olympiakos 52 v alkmaar 63 v liege 51 v porto Barca away Champs League possession: 63% at inter 71 at rubin kazan 77 at kiev 57 at stuttgart
now that Ive posted the starting line-ups for barca and arsenal above, what are your thoughts? do u reckon barca or arsenal will have more possession?

Re: Champions League 31st of March Arsenal: Almunia, Clichy, Vermaelen, Gallas, Sagna, Diaby, Song, Fabregas, Arshavin, Bendtner, Nasri. Barcelona: Valdes, Maxwell, Puyol, Pique, Alves, Xavi, Busquets, Keita, Pedro, Ibrahimovic, Messi I like that Arsenal team, going to have a bit on Bendtner to score anytime @ 5/2 and Nasri anytime @ 5/1, both with Ladbrokes.

Yeah Derek McGoven is a legend, i love the man he gives me to much jokes! He has some outrages bets sometimes but hes always convinced hes right :lol
I think he's absolutely useless, and rarely seems to give a good tip, Bookies Worst. If his tip is that Barca will have more possession, I'd advise sticking the mortgage, wife, everything, on Arsenal. His column can be funny, sometimes, though. Good luck to everyone betting on the Barca match. No bet for me, though I'd tip Arsenal to nick it 1-0 or 2-1, if pushed. Think Barca are being priced up more on the name than the quality of their side, at the moment. Seems of their front three, only Messi is the stand-out performer presently, whereas I'd expect Arshavin, Bendtner and Nasri all to produce, this evening, which possibly may be why I'd favour the Gunners.

Re: Champions League 31st of March TEAMS Inter Milan v CSKA Moscow Inter Milan: Julio Cesar, Maicon, Materazzi, Samuel, Zanetti, Stankovic, Cambiasso, Eto'o, Sneijder, Pandev, Milito. Subs: Toldo, Cordoba, Quaresma, Muntari, Mariga, Chivu, Arnautovic. CSKA Moscow: Akinfeev, Vasili Berezutsky, Alexei Berezutsky, Ignashevich, Shchennikov, Krasic, Aldonin, Semberas, Mamaev, Honda, Necid. Subs: Chepchugov, Dzagoev, Gonzalez, Nababkin, Odiah, Guilherme, Rahimic. Referee: Howard Webb (England) TEAMS Arsenal v Barcelona Arsenal: Almunia, Sagna, Gallas, Vermaelen, Clichy, Fabregas, Song, Diaby, Nasri, Bendtner, Arshavin. Subs: Fabianski, Rosicky, Eduardo, Walcott, Denilson, Eboue, Campbell. Barcelona: Valdes, Dani Alves, Pique, Puyol, Maxwell, Messi, Keita, Busquets, Xavi, Pedro, Ibrahimovic. Subs: Pinto, Marquez, Bojan, Henry, Milito, Toure Yaya, Jeffren. Referee: Massimo Busacca (Switzerland)

I belive this Barca team will unlock this Arsenal defence in more than 2 occasions and I predict First Team to score :Barca' date='before 27 min,by First goal scorer Messi and a -1handicap Barca to smash this Arsenal team without creativity and w no Fabregas.! The Inter-Cska will surely take over 2.5 with high stakes! Taking $25000 on Barca @2.35 into over 2.5 on [email protected]. Thank you all and good luck in your $$$ making today!! :cash[/quote'] Fabregas is starting BPB.

I think he's absolutely useless, and rarely seems to give a good tip, Bookies Worst. If his tip is that Barca will have more possession, I'd advise sticking the mortgage, wife, everything, on Arsenal. His column can be funny, sometimes, though. Good luck to everyone betting on the Barca match. No bet for me, though I'd tip Arsenal to nick it 1-0 or 2-1, if pushed. Think Barca are being priced up more on the name than the quality of their side, at the moment. Seems of their front three, only Messi is the stand-out performer presently, whereas I'd expect Arshavin, Bendtner and Nasri all to produce, this evening, which possibly may be why I'd favour the Gunners.
Haha, he gets it right about 20% of the time.. Nevertheless, I think Barcelona will dominate, Barca is all about Messi, hell players were sold to build the team around him, and you can see the effects paying off already.. But yeah, Im undecided as always gonna stick with my gut of Barcelona dominating possession as always despite not having Iniesta... Gonna back the following: Double: Eto & Messi to score anytime @ 3.75 paddypower :( Barca to have more possession @ 1.80 interwetten :) 1st goal scored in 1st 10 mins @ 4.75 interwetten :( Messi FGS @ 4.00 interwetten :( HT/FT - Arsenal/Barca @ 25/1 paddypower :( HT/FT - Barca/Arsenal @ 30/1 paddypower :( Double: Inter & Arsenal @ 4.21 interwetten :( Both teams to score (Arsenal vs Barca) Yes @ 1.75 interwetten :) Double: 2-1 Arsenal(wins) & 3-1 Inter(wins) @ 120.00 paddypower :( Double: (Corner Handicap) CSKA Moskow (+2) & Arsenal (+0) @ 3.90 bet365 :( Double: Over 2.5 goals in both games @ 3.50 bet365 :( Double: 2-1(inter wins) & 1-1(barca draw) @ 52.50 :( In-play bet: draw both games @ 8.50 bet365 :(