** February Poker League Result : 1st andybell666, 2nd rosco, 3rd Like2Fish **
** Football Tipster Competition Result : 1st mickyftm32, 2nd Tiffy, 3rd Cauncie, 4th Alley Cat Glover, 5th Larkin22 **
Attention, PL Members! To reinforce security on the forum, we have updated our login process. Please note that you will now need to use your email address to sign in, rather than your forum username. We appreciate your understanding and cooperation.

Rio's Racing Diary

Re: Rio's Racing Diary We arrive at Haydock & head down by the parade ring with around half an hour to the first race. There's a big crowd here today, not quitre Betfair chase day size but big enough. I decide to have a few lines on the placepot & I'm on the end of the counter filling in the slip & a bloke walks up to the window just along & has £2 to win on number 1. Number 1 is Top Notch who was 1/7 on the three boards near the ring, I hand over my ticket & glance at the screen, Top Notch is showing £1.30 for a win. He jumps well, very well in fact & wins by 9l's without being asked for a serious effort but while he's now five from five including two wins in France it tells us little about his chances of winning the Triumph for me. The Tote win pays £1.10 & I can't help but wonder what the chap who staked the £2 is thinking when he collects his £2.20 return? Top Notch has safely got me to leg 2 of the placepot Where I have Milansbar & Land of Vic. Mowgli's backed Seeyouatmidnight & we both agree that we wouldn't touch At Fishers Cross with the proverbial bargepole. Milansbar tags along behind the leader Closing Ceremony but at three out gets left behind by him, Seeyouatmidnight & At Fishers Cross. At Fishers Cross soon downs tools & the other two go clear heading to the last with Mowgli shouting his home but the 300+ days off & giving the weight takes its toll & Closing Ceremony wins by two & three parts. At Fishers Cross can't even get 3rd & is passed by Milansbar & Land of Vic who was under pressure early & he manages to beat just Barafundle who's allowed to coast home for just under £500 for finishing last of the six. Hard to see where they can go with At Fishers Cross other than hand him the pipe & slippers & tell him to put his hooves up. That knocks me out of the placepot & the law of Sod dictates that I get a place in the remaining four legs. This starts with Harry the Viking but before that I have Carole's Destrier down at Ascot & we watch this on the big screen. For a long way Clondaw Knight is in front & looks to be going better than mine who's in second but Geraghty asks for an effort of the turn in & heading to two out he's hit the front. He clears that & the only danger looks to be the last fence but he gets over & wins by 8l's & the trixie is off with a winner. Its too late to go to the parade ring for the big handicap chase because they're already heading to the start so we stay where we are, I like Haydock but its a right trek from the stands to the parade ring & back. Mowgli's backed Gas Line Boy & Rigadin de Beauchene & we add Harry the Viking & have a perm on the exacta. For a long way it looks like we have a chance but Rigadin quickly loses his place at the end of the back & he pulls up yet again. Gas Line Boy is in front heading to three out but is passed by Lie Forrit & Harry who's run a funny race having been up there early, dropped away & is now running on well coming to two out. My turn for a shout now & Harry the Viking & Lie Forrit clear the last together, its a fair run in & Harry appears to stick his head in front but at the line Lie Forrit looks to have battled back & the photo shows he has by a head. Still I've had a good run & a good shout & I still have two to run in both bets. Bygones Sovereign has been stuck up 13lb for the all the way win at Newbury a week ago & sets off here to try to do the same under the same rider Michael Heard. This time he doesn't get as much rope & rounding the bottom bend it looks like he's under serious pressure with Run Ructions Run one of a few queueing up behind him & then suddenly he grabs the bit & is off away from them again. Run Ructions Run tries her best but is still 3l's down at the line, still another place landed. No sooner has that finished than its Wincanton on the screen but its clear that Sign of a Victory isn't winning & heading up the straight Irving is chasing Blue Heron but coming to the last its also clear that he's not catching him either. Nothing against the winner but he isn't even in the Champion Hurdle. Ascot next & Mowgli heads of to have a bet on Balder Succes with Fred, I think I have time to get a cup of tea but by the time I get served & make my way to where I can see the screen they are already heading up Ascot's straight & its not Petit Zig that's chasing Balder Succes its Ma Filleule & she isn't getting there. Mowgli pops up & tells me that Petit Zig fell, when I look later it was at the 9th of 17 fences so a long way out. He's quite pleased & I should think so with 4/1 too. Straight into the 4.00 which is the race where I'm thinking I might back Ballagh if I can get 3/1 & he's 11/4 but then goes 3's so I strike the bet & then watch him go 100/30 & 7/2 :eyes I wasn't having Definitly Red at the morning 9/2 so I'm certainly not interested in the 5/2 & I can't believe it when he goes as short as 2/1. Mowgli invests some of his Balder winnings on Kingswell Theatre at 33/1 but as they head round the bottom bend he's already beaten. Fletchers Flyer is trying to make all with Definitly Red chasing him & Daryl Jacob sat just behind on Ballagh looking to be poised to challenge. However no sooner have they lined up for three out & Ballagh is suddenly running through treacle & the other pair clear away. Over the last & Definitly Red gets on top but then Fletchers Flyer rallies but can't get back up & is a half down at the line with 22l's back to Ballagh who didn't stay for me. I could do with Runswick Royal at least getting a place & there are only two available now with the field down to seven. He runs well for a long way but is 4th beaten under 3l's Mowgli's had a go with Five in a Row but he's beaten a long way out & is last. We bail straight out so we aren't there to see Teaforthree get turned over at 8/15 in the Hunter chase that ends the card. The two placed in the lucky 15 returns 11.5pts of the 15pts staked & Carole's Destrier gets 6.5pts back of the 10pts there. Singles etc W/R 48-214 Stakes 2796pts Returns 2615.47pts Profit/Loss-180.53pts Multiple bets Stakes 1676.35pts Returns1481.49pts Profit/Loss -194.86pts Lays W/R1-3 Profit/Loss -15.9pts Scoop 6 -£58.12 Scoop 6 replacement -£3.10 Expenses £1595 There's Wetherby on Tuesday & Doncaster on Wednesday but the latter looks a most unbalanced card & I don't think its right to have a Hunter chase & a bumper on a six race card, perhaps something will divide, we'll see. Next weekend though see's me & the Mowgli's heading darn Sarf, Kempton beckons. Top Notch but is he? TopNotch_zps0dd4ef14.jpg At the start for the 3.25 Start_zps5132d891.jpg Run Ructions Run in 2nd spot RunRuctionsRun_zps3ef4b09a.jpg Michael Heard & Bygones Sovereign have won again BygonesSovereign_zps19e41101.jpg Definitly Red & Richard Johnson the next champion jockey? DefinitlyRed_zps1a885164.jpg Rio.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Re: Rio's Racing Diary Down to the South West of London last year for the big Kempton card & halfway through the previous evening my laptop conks due to the battery running down & when I get recharged I can't get on the hotel wi fi. No problems with the damn thing once back home but last Friday evening I'm in the same hotel again & this time I have it plugged in. However I still can't get online no matter what I try, Mowgli's on his alright so I teach his lad a few card games to pass the time & then he lends me his again so I can have a look. By the time I've sorted out what I'm backing & placed a few bets time is getting on so no chance to post anything up. The following morning I manage another couple of punts using my phone which when I'm used to the normal websites is like pulling teeth but again I have to forego my usual post :\ Anyway its a steady walk to the train station for a three stop, seven minute ride to Kempton Park where a large crowd is expected & it is quite busy but I suspect that rather like Aintree's Becher chase day there are quite a few that have got tickets & not turned up. I've not been to Kempton on Boxing Day but it was reported that they were thinking they might get a similar crowd however it certainly didn't look like the crush that you see from the telly pictures on King George day. I've had four singles, a double & a win lucky 15, the only race without a punt is the novice chase but I've decided to have a stab at the placepot & I'm planning a go at the exacta on three of the races one of which is the opener. I've put Comeonginger in the lucky 15 & the placepot with Roc D'Apsis & added Quito du Tresor in an exacta perm. Mr & Mrs Mowgli have both gone for Comeonginger & we enjoy watching him make all the running, jumping really well & clearing away from them at three out. He gets tired after the last but isn't getting caught & Roc D'Apsis looks like he's going to get 2nd but at two out is passed by Cloudy Bob. After the last though Cloudy Bob begins to tie up & Roc D'Apsis is coming back at him but when they hit the line he's still a neck down. 1st & 3rd so no exacta but I'll take a winner in the lucky 15 & I have 5/1 as well. Next up is Bivouac who is my main hope for the day. I'm prepared to forgive him the last run in the Triumph Trial at Cheltenham where they crawled & the ground was sticky, there's a couple of progressive one's in Beltor who'd won in decent style on hurdle bow at Ludlow & All Yours who'd won well at Taunton LTO but both need to step up a fair bit to get to Bivouac's level & the 11/4 I've got on the single looks good when he opens 15/8 on course & is backed to 6/4. Mowgli's backed All Yours & Cape Caster ew along with his other half. That on runs well for a long way but fades away. Heading to two out & Bivouac & Beltor seem to be going best with All Yours next, however Bivouac finds nothing as Beltor saunters away from them & All Yours passes Bivouac at the last for 2nd but he's never getting near Beltor. I need Bivouac to keep going for 3rd because he's in the placepot as a banker & its looking dodgy because he's clearly tired but then so are those in behind & he gets the place with a couple of lengths to spare. That's my main hope gone & one half of the double. Up next is the novice chase & Gods Own as defected due to the ground which is clearly more testing than thought but I have two in the placepot here in Irish Saint & Melodic Rendezvous & the latter looks to have got the ground in his favour. None of us play here & Irish Saint wins easily with Melodic Rendezvous making a hash of four out which seems to knock the stuffing out of him & he's a poor 3rd. Still running in the placepot though. Next for me is Days of Heaven who I'd seen win well at Doncaster the time before despite being most unruly in the parade ring & he's got two handlers here including the lad who'd just missed having his head kicked off last time. He's still not playing ball but is nowhere near as bad as at Donny. He goes off at 11/10 & I have some 11/8, he was the other half of the now dead double & is another placepot banker but Kavanaghs Corner gets withdrawn before the off & now its down to four so he has to win now. I need him to jump off on terms & he does & heading to two out he's chasing Vago Collonges but he blunders there & I'm thinking he's blown all chance. He recovers well though & is upsides at the last & I'm down near the rail for a picture & need him to ping this one which he does & he's takes it up & wins by just under 3l's. Still in the hunt for the placepot & the single returns the bulk of the stakes on the two singles & the double. Next up is the big handicap chase which is now down to 14 & three places with two non runners. I've got Fox Appeal & Le Reve in the placepot & have two singles at 8's & 9's. Time for another go at the exacta & Mowgli was going to pay for this one with me having paid for one last week. I'm putting Easter Day in, I was on him when he tipped up at three out still going well LTO & I have him as one of those coming back to haunt me here & can't leave him out. Mowgli wants to put Ballinvarrig in which doubles the bet so we decide to split the cost & do all four. Then Mrs Mowgli wants to join in & they're both backing Rocky Creek here but if we add him its gone from six bets to 12 & now 20. Finally we decide to leave Rocky Creek out, they go off to back him & I go put the four horse perm on. Away they go & Easter Day makes a pigs ear of the second & pulls up at the fifth.....

Nick Scholfield, the rider of EASTER DAY (FR), which was pulled up, trained by Paul Nicholls, reported that the gelding made a bad mistake at the second fence and was never travelling thereafter. The Veterinary Officer reported that a post-race examination of the gelding failed to reveal any abnormalities other than it had lost a left front shoe.
At the next Fox Appeal blunders & unship's his jockey, this is not going to plan. However Le Reve is going well enough & so is Rocky Creek but Ballinvarrig never really gets into it. Rocky Creek hits the front at four out & never looks like getting caught. Le Reve runs on for 2nd & I'm still in the placepot with one leg to run. Mr & Mrs Mowgli are delighted by their win & head off to collect leaving me to ponder how we've backed the first two home & still missed out on the exacta? Race six & I have two running for me in the placepot or rather I don't because No No Mac is a non runner. Or rather I do because I'm now on the favourite which is the AP ridden JP owned Auvergnat which is one I didn't want to be on & is now a ridiculously short price & also Shammick Boy who I also have as leg three of my lucky 15 but he's on the slide. Mowgli returns form collecting his Rocky Creek winnings & says a blokes just told him that JP is here for this which is why its probably so short. Mowgli has his head in the Racing Post & decides he's with Shammick Boy who's 8/1 now & sets off to back him, I spot the end board is 9/1 & manage to alert him to this. I was going to do the third exacta perm here adding Master Benjamin to the other two but with no No No Mac & The JP info I'm now thinking what to do? I decide not to play. Shammick Boy makes all & just when it looks like he might get swallowed up heading to two out he finds more & goes clear & despite getting tired wins with Master Benjamin getting 2nd :eyes That's given me 5/1 & 8/1 winners in the lucky 15 with one to run but I've missed the exacta again!! Mowgli goes to collect his winnings while I try to work out how two dividends of £49.50 & £37.20 have escaped me? AP & Auvergnat are unplaced which is probably good for me as he will have had plenty of money on him anyway & along with the No No Mac money I'll probably get more from the two lines I have than the four if he had placed. The placepot pays £64.20 which is a pleasant surprise because I was expecting about half that, still I'm not complaining. Back to find the Mowgli's & we are all on Beau Phil who's getting lumps of weight from them all especially Ghost River who has by far the best form but penalties for the wins to show for it. Beau Phil is on the drift & ends up 7/2, I've worked out that I've got around 70pts riding on him depending on rule 4's & that would more than do me. Up goes the tape & nobody wants to go on & then Ghost River sets off in front & makes all, walking the first half of the race which for me negates the weight he's giving them all. Beau Phil is a distant 3rd & we head for the train. The placepot means I've more money in my wallet than I set off with, not as much as Mowgli though who has the cheek to complain that he can't close his. The win of Days of Heaven & the 69pts from the lucky 15 which I didn't get rule 4'd on also mean I'm in front on my off course punts too, however as none were posted here they don't go in my returns. Friday & Saturday see the final jump cards for Doncaster before the return of the flat :D This also means a review of the year & a reset of the numbers will be due as well. A bronze of Kauto Star which is an addition to the parade ring since the visit of twelve months ago KautoBronze_zps9f26e744.jpg Comeonginger in the parade ring Comenoginger_zps0916bf84.jpg Comeonginger clears the last Comenoginger2_zpscc208be8.jpg The disappointing Bivouac Bivouac_zps554383f4.jpg Days of Heaven fairly well behaved before DaysofHeaven_zps164e0efa.jpg Days of Heaven (near side) about to jump into the lead at the last DaysofHeaven2_zpse78c0aa8.jpg Rocky Creek at the last RockyCreek_zpsc915bb4a.jpg Rio.

Re: Rio's Racing Diary I had expected that I would have been at Doncaster yesterday but yet again it was basically a load of rubbish, going today with Mowgli but again it hardly sets the pulse racing however its Saturday & I like my Saturdays at the races & the next three all look like being blank for me with nothing reasonably local. A trixie plus singles today & an ew bet on a quiet day. Doncaster 1.25 This would look to be between Cardinal Walter & Fort Worth. The latter has been off since winning on his hurdle bow at Wetherby in October at a meeting I didn't attend but he seems to go well fresh. He looks to have a bit to find to get to the level of Cardinal Walter though. I did see him win on his hurdle debut at Donny, also after a long time off & was quite impressed although he probably didn't beat much. He was then 2nd when favourite at Newbury but probably ran into one in the shape of Qewy who's one of those John Ferguson off the flat types with a bit of class. The extra three furlongs or so here ought to suit & he can return to winning ways. Newbury 2.50 Most of these look to have a bit to prove. First Mohican has ability but hasn't progressed over hurdles after a promising start. Like Sully won LTO but that was on heavy at Plumpton & he'd shown little before that run & was probably just the one who handled conditions best. Albert Bridge did it well enough in a class 3 at Chepstow last week despite being slowed right down for the last flight, up 7lb which seems fair enough & the same 10lb claimer is on again today, he's the pick. Kelso 3.00 A cracking Grade 2 novice hurdle here. Glingerburn is in top form & landed the hat trick in the Morebattle over C&D LTO, this though looks a bit harder & he has to give all some weight. Not sure what to make of Chieftain's Choice, the half a length 2nd to The Grey Taylor at Wetherby in November is quite smart form & then he won two egg & spoon novices at Hexham & Catterick in good style but last time he tipped up at the fifth in the valuable Betfair hurdle when in the lead & had he got round that would have told a bit more. Shades of Midnight, Exclusive Waters, Nashville & Medicine Hat all have stacks to find on what they've done so far & this could rest between the two 4yo's Bristol de Mai & Intense Tango. I was taken with Intense Tango when she was 2nd at Aintree in December but then she made quite hard work of a nothing event at Catterick, LTO I got it wrong at the weights with her & Nyanza who'd beaten her in the Aintree race & Intense Tango got her revenge in a Grade 2 for Mare's at Doncaster. That seems quite a smart bit of form & there's every chance I've got it wrong again because I'm going with Bristol de Mai. He won a Grade 1 at Chepstow on his British debut on Welsh National day in very taking style & was then perhaps a shade disappointing in a four runner affair at Sandown where he was a bit keen & only managed 3rd. Should be more pace on here to help him settle & the ground at Sandown in mid Winter is always testing so today's going should be a help too. Doncaster 3.45 I'm struggling see why Drop Out Joe is as short as he is on the form of his last two starts where he's plodded on late after getting detached somewhat, perhaps the thought is that its going to be a slog here as it often is but I don't see that myself. Night in Milan won this off 10lb less last year & loves Donny but needs a PB to win again. Mon Parrain runs three or four shockers for every good run & needs a career best after a going day at Cheltenham LTO. Streams of Whiskey looks progressive & won a nice race at Haydock last April, pulled up on return in October but the run in an handicap hurdle here in November was decent & the forecast better ground should suit. Super Duty is on a good mark but seems on the downgrade & this looks a bit too classy for Theatre Queen. Aachen won a veterans race here LTO & is up 5lb & would probably prefer it much softer. Samingarry hasn't been in top form so far this season & Caulfields Venture has his ground but is he up to this level? William Money won LTO but doesn't jump well enough for here & Farbreaga is stuck up a stone for a Uttoxter win LTO & would seem to need it soft. Wayward Prince was decent at one time but seems to have lost the plot. The least risky seems to be Streams of Whiskey & he's the each way pick. Bets Cardinal Walter 11/10 Albert Bridge 7/2 Bristol de Mai 2pt trixie plus 3 x 4pt singles = 20pts staked Bet365 Streams of Whiskey 10pts ew @ 8/1 Hills, all BOG Rio.

Re: Rio's Racing Diary We arrive at Doncaster about 20 minutes before the first race & it's a bit gloomy & a good bit nippier than we'd expected. On the way Mowgli's had his head in the Racing Post & is probably swerving the opener but quite likes Kings Grey for race two, Batavir for race four & Streams of Whiskey in the Grimthorpe. When I'd looked at the third race I'd been torn between A Doll in Milan & Princess Tara & decide I'll take the latter & add her to the two I've backed, the two Mowgli fancies & do one line on the placepot, what I need is a selection for leg six which is a trappy looking five runner handicap chase & after another look the pin lands on Shadrack. In we go & Mowgli goes to the parade ring while I nip to the Tote to put the placepot on, no time to check for non runners & I get on & then step back outside to join Mowgli where I see Cardinal Walter is 4/11 & 1/3 in places :eek Fort Worth has come out which I had as the the only danger, Mowgli's trying to find something to beat the Cardinal but gives up. We watch the race on the big screen & he's held up heading down the straight for the first time but by the time they get to the winning post with a circuit to go Andrew Tinkler has decided they aren't going fast enough & he takes it up. He never sees another horse on the way round & wins by 15l's pulling a bus, visually it's quite impressive but the rest of them would struggle to beat a ninety year old on a zimmer frame & it remains to be seen how high Cardinal Walter can fly, he's in the Supreme & the Neptune & I'm not remotely tempted for either. Still I'm off & running even if I'm getting rule 4'd to death by Fort Worth's no show. Jonjo's taken Festive Affair out of the chase up next as well so AP is sitting out another race on what's his last visit to Donny as a jockey. Mowgli's got his head in the paper again & is doing his Mavis impression, now he's thinking Dresden but when he returns from the bookies he's backed Kings Grey & Indian Voyage! Away they go & Indian Voyage is soon struggling, Kings Grey however is a close up third & going well but at the sixth it's the return to panto season. He blunders his way over "He's off" I say. "Oh no he's not" I utter as Tom Scudamore seems to have managed to stay onboard. Then it's "Oh yes he is" as several strides after the fence gravity wins the battle & Scu departs by the side door. That's my one dart at the placepot dead & Mowgli's not collecting either & he's chuntering a bit when Dresden wins the race in good style. He's at it again for the Mare's Listed race up next, neither of us like the Irish raider Golan Road but he's going for A Doll in Milan & then Balmusette & then back to A Doll in Milan despite him not liking the comments about her hanging in the form. He backs the Doll & I have a punt on Princess Tara who seems progressive but up in class. On looks it's a no contest, A Doll in Milan is also a doll in the parade ring, Graham Orange announces the best turned out & I say if she doesn't win there ought to be a stewards enquiry, she does win & Mowgli groans a bit but she is the clear pick. Degenerous sets off on the 3m+ trip like the devil is after her & goes clear with our two following her, by the end of the back straight she chucks in the towel & Princess Tara takes over with A Doll in Milan next. Golan Way is already under the pump & we've got that right & heading to three out it looks like one of us is winning but then Balmusette arrives on the scene full of running & suddenly we're both under pressure. A Doll in Milan is hanging one way & then the other under McCoy, Princess Tara can't find any more & Balmusette skips away from the pair of them to win by 10l's & cue another Mowgli chunter. We go inside to watch the 2.50 at Newbury & now it's my turn for a moan, Albert Bridge throws in an absolute shocker, he's backed to 5/2 but makes a mistake at the third & loses his place before the next. He ends up pulling up & the stewards decide to have word.....

The Stewards considered the running of ALBERT BRIDGE, ridden by Richie O’Dea, and trained by Emma Lavelle, which was pulled up. The Stewards noted the trainer’s representative’s explanation that this race may have come too soon for ALBERT BRIDGE after running seven days ago at Chepstow. They ordered the gelding to be routine tested.
So the run last week knocked that much out of him he can't go past half way in this? These are the runs that brass me off & I'm no happier when the screens we are watching on start showing adverts for the local casino when I want the 3.00 at Kelso on. A quick dart across to the Ladbrokes & Bristol de Mai runs a good race for 2nd but is no match for Glingerburn who's now won four on the spin & was giving them all weight here. That's the trixie dead & it's back outside for the next here. Mowgli's had his head in the paper again, this time he deserts Batavir who he was all over in the car & he backs Call the Cops instead. This time he gets it right & Call the Cops wins in good style, so much so that he is now just about the favourite for the Pertemps final next week at around 10/1 for which he will have a 5lb pen. Batavir joins Albert Bridge in the contest to see which of the days well backed jolly's can run the worse race by coming a tailed off last....
The Stewards considered the running of BATAVIR (FR), ridden by Tom Scudamore and trained by David Pipe, which finished sixth of six. They noted the trainer's representative could offer no explanation for the gelding’s performance. The Veterinary Officer reported that a post-race examination of the gelding during routine testing failed to reveal any abnormalities.
That clears that up for those who were on then :eyes Next up is the Grimthorpe. Mavis, sorry Mowgli is burried in the Post again, this time he's bouncing between Night in Milan, Drop Out Joe, & Streams of Whiskey. He comes back from the bookies with bets on Streams of Whiskey & Aachen, two minutes ago the latter wouldn't go on the ground. We have a stab at the exacta which we held over from a week ago with streams of Whiskey, Drop Out Joe & Farbreaga who's an outsider up in class & the weights. Aachen blunders at the first, loses his place by the sixth & pulls up along with Farbreaga. Meanwhile Streams of Whiskey is running a big race & is just behind the formerly useful Wayward Prince heading to the one before the turn in but here he makes a real hash of it having jumped like a buck until then. They turn the corner & he's disappeared but then we see he's pulling up, he must have hurt himself when he blundered & the vet reported him lame :hope hopefully it's not serious. Wayward Prince skips away & never looked like getting caught, Drop Out Joe runs on from the back for 2nd with Night in Milan a good if distant 3rd. The Racing Post is out again, there's a Listed chase up at Kelso with Runswick Royal in & I've backed him the last twice when he ought to have won at Donny & again when a never really in it 4th at Haydock. "He'll probably win because I haven't backed him" I say. We watch the race on the big screen, there's no commentary & I've no idea what wins but then up on the screen comes Runswick Royal :eyes Mowgli chuckles & I just shrug my shoulders. We both decide to have a punt on Shadrack. Heading down to three out & he moves up to challenge for the lead & we are having a good shout. At two out though he's just keeping on & by the last it's clear he's not winning, at least we had a run for the money though & it's time to bail out. Would Streams of Whiskey have won? Not sure but I'm pretty certain he would have placed, however he didn't & that's 20pts down from the ew single. Cardinal Walter should have returned me 8.4pts of the 20pts staked on the trixie plus bet but after the rule 4 I got 6.86pts which still beat the SP of 1/2. Singles etc W/R 48-215 Stakes 2816pts Returns 2615.47pts Profit/Loss -200.53pts Multiple bets Stakes 1696.35pts Returns 1488.35pts Profit/Loss -208pts Lays W/R1-3 Profit/Loss -15.9pts Scoop 6 -£58.12 Scoop 6 replacement -£3.10 Expenses £1605 That brings to an end another year & it's time to reset the numbers & do the annual review, there's plenty of time because I don't see myself racing again until probably Wetherby on the 17th, however there is some minor meeting next week & a stable visit before then. Cardinal Walter Cardinal%20Walter_zpsqnvjyeqq.jpg Kings Grey Kings%20Grey_zpsm7brki2y.jpg Balmusette Balmusette_zpsdpvxwzro.jpg Call the Cops Call%20the%20Cops_zpsgr3kyzgk.jpg Streams of Whiskey Streams%20of%20Whiskey_zpsqjrpl2cn.jpg Rio.

Re: Rio's Racing Diary Time then for an annual review. Many are the times that I have said in here that circumstances change & these changes dictate the direction you head in. Prior to me joining the now defunct Timeform/Betfair racing club in December 2008 my attendance at the races was limited to a handful of visits a year & usually at somewhere local such as Doncaster or York. Then from the Spring of 2009, when work commitments allowed it became a time of travelling far & wide in the guise of race horse owner. At one point I had the notion that I would try to visit every racecourse in mainland Britain & if I could do so though the racing club then so much the better. This took me as far North as Ayr & Musselburgh & as far South as Plumpton & the now departed Folkestone with a heck of a lot of places in between. By the time my involvement with that racing club ended in December 2012 I had been to 43 of the then 62 (if you count Newmarkets Rowley & July courses as two) tracks including the as mentioned now gone Folkestone & Hereford but not the gone but returned Great Leighs (Chelmsford City) Of the 19 that remain the two main venues I haven’t been to would be Epsom & Goodwood, the former I can give a miss but I must get to the Sussex downs at some point & I wouldn’t mind a visit to Windsor but the rest I suspect may prove beyond me now. It’s now three years since I dived off the cliff into redundancy with the intention of having a Summer off & then returning to work. The Summer of 2012 never happened, neither did the return to work & I am now retired & spend much of my free time at the racecourse. My third Go Racing in Yorkshire pass yielded 77 visits for a total cost of exactly £400 so that’s near enough £5.20 a time & I reckon it would have cost me around £1000 more on the gate. Another year’s pass is a no brainer despite the slight price increase which will take it to around £425. In addition my involvement with David O’Meara’s Direct Racing has provided several owner’s badges with trips to Carlisle, Haydock, Nottingham, Southwell & Wolverhampton along with others in Yorkshire. On six of those occasions I was lucky enough to end up greeting the winner starting with Helmsley Flyer at Wolves in March, Sherriff of Nawton at Catterick & Redcar, Balducci at Nottingham & Haydock & Dansilli Dutch also at Haydock. I have a stable visit on March 15th & hope to be out & about with them again this coming turf season although we are down to five horses now with Dansilli Dutch heading off to the paddocks to be a broodmare & I wish her well. From a punting perspective I had indicated that I needed to make a change, the numbers from a year ago made awful reading & could not be allowed to go on. Having looked back at the two years prior to this it makes interesting reading, my strike rate had remained consistent at around the 20% mark but the deficit had been dreadful. Towards the Autumn of 2013 I changed from my usual singles to more multiple bets with some success. This prompted a change to this approach for the last twelve months & while both on this form of betting & the much reduced singles punts I am showing a loss overall neither causes me great concern. Looking at the figures from mid August compared to the final total I have further losses on singles balanced by gains on the multiple betting & the last six months have seen me show a small profit. A couple of reasonable returns on singles would have me near enough to breaking even & the multiple situation would indicate that I now have the staking levels more realistic & these bets allow me interest while attending the track. The ante post wagering has basically gone out of the window & this year I just have the Coneygree single for next weeks bash. My flirtation with laying was brief & I have to admit that it is something I find so alien to my nature that I will never feel comfortable doing it, you can’t teach an old dog new tricks as they say. The Scoop 6 & it’s replacement are abandoned, in fact I’m tempted to avoid the Tote at all costs from now on, Both Mowgli & myself have been having a play on the exacta lately & we ought to have landed one at Kempton the other week. The return there would have been £49.50 while the CSF paid £49.74 & the race after, where again I messed up the exacta was £37.20 & the CSF actually paid £59.76. At that meeting we ran into Bowles & some of his mates one of whom had backed Sire de Grugy at Chepstow, the SP was 5/4 but he’d played on the Tote which paid £1.40 or 2/5, needless to say he was far from happy. I’ve no idea how much was in the pool when he stuck the bet or what the predicted return was but many is the time I have noted that what it pays is miles adrift of what was indicated even moments before the off. Feb 12 W/R 62/280 - 22% SR Stakes 8039 Returns 8652.28 P/L +613.28pts +7.6% on stakes Feb 13 W/R 59/294 – 20% SR Stakes 12184pts Returns 13246.72pts P/L +1062.72pts +8.7% on stakes Ante post -136pts Feb 14 W/R 51/272 - 19% SR Stakes 7796.4pts Returns 6138.43pts P/L -1657.97pts -21.3% on stakes Lucky 15's etc Stakes 672.05pts Returns 792.77pts P/L +120.72pts +17.96% on stakes Feb 15 Singles W/R 48-215 - 22% SR Stakes 2816pts 64% reduction on last year Returns 2615.47pts Profit/Loss -200.53pts -7.1% on stakes Multiple bets Stakes 1696.35pts Returns 1488.35pts Profit/Loss -208pts -12.26% on stakes Lays W/R1-3 Profit/Loss -15.9pts Scoop 6 -£58.12 Scoop 6 replacement -£3.10 At 12th Aug Singles W/R 25-110 Stakes 1721pts Returns 1643.09pts Profit/Loss -77.91pts Multiple bets Stakes 1055.25pts Returns 684.29pts Profit/Loss -370.96pts There’s no doubt that one of the most enjoyable things when racing for me is the pre parade & parade rings, this is of course more so for the flat & especially the 2yo’s & 3yo’s. I think I’m getting better at it & also last year I enjoyed producing my 2yo speed figures which I had a measure of success with. I shall be doing these again & have thought I may start a thread for this but I have yet to decide. So here we are appearing from another Winter, the festival looms but so does the flat, bring it on! Rio

Re: Rio's Racing Diary https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10152573343841793.1073741837.707226792&type=1&l=d0e5fa5a6c Link above to my photos from when we were at Kempton. I've posted them in the main section too but thought you might miss them as the thread could end up bumped down a page in days. Going to try sort my race pass next week when I'm off, along with some PPI that I haven't yet claimed. :)

Re: Rio's Racing Diary

looking forward to your 2/3 year old thread me old mucker
Not certain I'm going to start a separate thread yet I've tried juggling two threads at once before & had to abandon one so I may just keep it in here but we'll see. No day out for me today as mentioned before :sad However I've picked three out for a trixie plus singles on what's a low key Saturday before the chaos next week. Sansdown 2.00 Aigle de la See arrived from France about a month ago still a maiden after 10 starts in a mixture of bumpers, hurdles & chases with the look of a bit of an "After you Claude" However he wasted no time in getting off the mark over today's C&D by half a length from Monbeg Theatre (in here & 2lb better off) & then he dotted up in a novice at Ffos Las. The bare form of the latter race is probably not up to much but he seems to be on a fair enough mark for this harder race & the trainer knows what it takes to win this. The step up to 2m 4f's seems to have improved him & he ought to handle the supposed faster ground today. Sandown 3.10 It seems that every year there's a Pipe runner that fetches up in this with the talk of winning & landing the bonus by going on to score at the festival. This time it's Bidourey who's done nothing wrong in winning all five starts in bumpers & hurdles & he hosed up over C&D LTO. All these wins were in novice company though & at class 4 & while he could be anything he's taking on seasoned handicappers & other progressive sorts at a much higher level today. Calipto was a decent novice & ran a fair 4th in the Betfair but looks a bit high in the ratings for me. West Wizard goes handicapping after looking far from a natural over hurdles in three class 4 novices, all at Kempton & in all three he's been a well held 2nd, probably as short as he is because of connections. Zip Top is one of those ex Godolphin types for John Ferguson who had some decent flat form & has won two of his four over hurdles but its a right step up from a class 5 at Fakenham & class 4 at Southwell even if he did win by 19l's at the latter venue LTO. In between those he was beaten 9l's by Fascino Rustico at Newcastle off levels & is a 6lb pull enough for McCoy to get him home in front of that one here? Arzal had Zip Top (5lb better of) 18l's behind at Kempton on Boxing day when he was 3rd & he then was hampered in the Betfair & stayed on late for 6th there. Beat West Wizard at Kempton in November off levels & the lad on him negates the 7lb swing, ought to go well here. Thistlecrack won a class 2 novice in fair style LTO but that was a small field & he may find things happening a bit too quick in this race. The short head 2nd of Some Buckle to Glingerburn at Doncaster in January looks quite smart given that ones form since. Not a bad run in a Grade 2 at Cheltenham LTO either & the drop back in trip should suit as well. Wicklow Brave seems to have lost his way since his winning run ended with a fair effort in the Supreme & he's been well held all three runs this season including in the Betfair LTO. Fascino Rustico was looking like he might do best of those in the Betfair until he tipped up at two out when disputing 4th there, wouldn't have got to the winner but races off the same mark here & if he brushes up on his jumping a bit he should be involved. Chieftain's Choice is similar in that he also tipped up in the Betfair & had won the twice before but the bare form is nothing much. It's hard to get a handle on Camping Ground, he's three wins & a 2nd from four over hurdles in France but he's mainly been chasing lately including when winning a class 2 Warwick handicap on his British debut LTO, all his form is on very soft/heavy & he may be another that finds this too fast. The rest don't look up to this & the pin lands on Fascino Rustico who's done well for Dan Skelton since switching from Nicholls & if he gets a clear round he ought to be thereabouts. Ayr 3.20 Hoping for a quick across the card double here with Dan Skelton's Fairytale Theatre. She's run well enough in much better grade than this the last twice & can give them all weight & a beating in this with Bridget Andrews knocking off 7lb to reduce the burden. She has the best form but its also more a case that the others all look nothing much to shout about with them either looking exposed or out of form. Spirit Oscar has come out so there would be a small rule 4 should the selection prevail. Bet. Aigle de la See 5/1 Fascino Rustico 16/1 Fairytale Theatre 2/1 1pt trixie plus 3 x 2pt singles = 10pts staked, Stan James BOG Rio.

Re: Rio's Racing Diary Fairytale Theatre did best of the Saturday three in 2nd but then she was beaten 12l's so that's not saying much. Aigle de la See disappointed by fading out of it from before two out in the EBF final having been well supported into 3/1. Fascino Rustico pulled up having been up near the pace for a long way. The general feeling was that it was riding a bit dead which shouldn't really surprise because Sandown's ground is often dreadful all Winter, anyway no return from the small multiple. Singles etc W/R Stakes Returns Profit/Loss Multiple bets Stakes 10pts Returns 0pts Profit/Loss -10pts Expenses £425 The expenses are the cost of my new Go Racing in Yorkshire pass plus the extra that I'll have to pay for the Ebor meeting & the St Leger day later on. So to Cheltenham. I usually have a go at the tipping comp which has me looking at the handicaps where I haven't had any success for a long time & placing bets I shouldn't really be having, therefore I shall forego the comp & avoid any temptation. In fact I'm not going to go mad full stop, just the two singles today & they're each way as well. Mullin's has four skinny one's in the first five races & if you rolled them all up & won it struggles to pay 20/1, one or more will let the acca down but which one? I had thought I might take on Douvan in the Supreme but have decided to sit this one out & I'll move on to the Arkle. Un de Sceaux tipped up on his chase debut three out when in command at Thurles but has since won a small chase at Fairyhouse & the three runner Grade 1 Arkle at Leopardstown both times making the running. Tends to race keenly & I'm wondering if he's had enough experience for round here? This is not a place to get away with mistakes, if he gets round he probably wins by half the track but its not hard to see Ruby rolling around on the floor at some point. Clarcam has another crack at the jolly & should run well. Josses Hill doesn't look a natural over fences & would need to jump far better than he has so far. Three Kingdoms makes some appeal at a price having won three of his four chases but the bare form is not great. He was just a half behind Vibrato Valtat at Kempton at Xmas but was always held & that one seems to have the best form chance of turning over Un de Sceaux. Better than usual place terms of a quarter the odds & a free bet if the jolly wins make the 6/1 on offer at Paddy Power seem the best way to play this race. I think I ought to be taking on Faugheen as well but he keeps dotting up having looked less than fluent at times including in the Neptune last year & I still can see him in my minds eye fluffing the last in the Xmas hurdle, if he ever gets his hurdling right the rest really ought to pack up. I can't have the New One after that run at Haydock LTO, although there would have been plenty left to work on there but he did make it look hard. I'm not sure that the traffic problems he suffered in this last year did him all that much harm, it happened pretty early in the piece & he had plenty of time to get over it for me. I'm really tempted by Jezki who seems to be heading down the same route here as last year in getting turned over by Hurricane Fly all Winter & then winning here. This might sound daft but I'd be even keener if Geraghty was on board instead of McCoy, it just seems to me that he has the key to him. I think I'll just sit this out. If the real Annie Power shows up after 10 months off then she wins. If anybody sees me backing one at 4/6 with that scenario they have my permission to shoot me. I'm more than a bit miffed that the National Hunt Chase isn't on C4, especially when we'll have the Cross Country on tomorrow, still I'll just have to watch it via the bookie link. My old mate Cause of Causes is in here, who'd have thought when he won the Ladbroke in December 12 for the Timeform/Betfair racing club that he'd fetch up here in the 4m chase? Not me for one. He's not won over fences in 10 goes so far but might just have landed the Fulke Walwyn/Kim Muir last year had he not made a hash of the last. I'd like to see him run well or even win if the one I've gone for doesn't. That's Sego Success who got off the mark over fences at his second try when beating If In Doubt at Wetherby in November & that ones won his next two including the Great Yorkshire Chase since. Sego Success has also gone in again in a Class 1 novice at Warwick & he looks the type to relish the step up in trip. He should have every assistance from the saddle with Sam Waley-Cohen on top & the yard knows what it takes to win this. Very Wood has Nina Carberry aboard & that ones just about the form pick but he's pulled up twice between his two chase wins when his jumping has been iffy & that & the overall festival form of Noel Meade puts me off. The Tote are going a quarter & four places for a non handicap here which makes another ew play the way to go. Bets Vibrato Valtat 10pts ew @ 6/1 Paddy Power Sego Success 10pts ew @ 5/1 Totesport, both BOG Rio.

Re: Rio's Racing Diary I'm already getting the feeling that this might be one of those weeks, I throw just the two each way darts yesterday starting with Vibrato Valtat who goes for a bit of a walk in the market but at the top of the hill is slipstreaming Un de Sceaux & looking to be traveling quite well. By the time they get to the bottom of the hill its clear he isn't winning so can he get a place? He manages 4th when I need him in the first three :eyes Un de Sceaux was quite impressive & so was Douvan in the opener, unlike L'Ami Serge who for me stunk the place out & I'm not having the traffic problems tripe trotted out by the C4 team. Later on Sego Success runs a similar race in the four miler looking like he must at least hit the frame & with the extra place the first four will do but again he misses out by one spot & is 5th. I did say if he didn't win I would like to see Cause of Causes run well or even win, he comes from off the pace to land the spoils so well done him he says through gritted teeth. Faugheen did it well enough with Arctic Flyer closing but never getting there & a clash with Douvan next year could be a bit special. Hurricane Fly ran a cracker for 3rd. Pre race Rishi says to NTD "Some are crabbing The New One's form" "Don't know why we've bothered to turn up" says Nigel. I wonder if Rishi was tempted to ask him why they bothered to turn up post race? At this point the Mullin's "Hot pot four" are three in & Annie Power to come. She travels like a dream, takes it up two out & is totally in command when she takes off too early, clips the last & takes a nasty fall, well I did say I thought we might see Ruby rolling on the floor but I didn't expect it to be here. Thankfully she popped back up & so did Walsh, Mullin's took it on the chin (he did have the winner anyway) & he deserves top marks for mentioning that Alan King's mare L'Unique who Annie Power brought down had also seemed ok. Un de Sceaux's win means I get the win part of the stake on Vibrato Valtat back as a free bet to have in the next seven days but I'll put it in the returns as a loss for now. Singles etc W/R 0-2 Stakes 40pts Returns 0pts Profit/Loss -40pts Multiple bets Stakes 10pts Returns 0pts Profit/Loss -10pts Expenses £425 So to day two. I'm hoping Mullin's can win the first two again today but not with Walsh this time. 1.30 I've gone with Outlander here who having missed last season returned to win a maiden hurdle Fairyhouse & then was just held in a three runner affair at Limerick on heavy after Xmas. Better ground saw him put up a smart performance at Leopardstown on his latest start with Windsor Park the best part of 5l's adrift in 4th, that was at 2m4f & the extra furlong & the going today should suit. Nichols Canyon also has form with Windsor Park having seen him off by 3.5l's over 2m 2f's at Leopardstown in February & he would seem the main danger to Outlander here. I just think that at this trip on the ground I prefer Outlander. The best of ours would seem to be Parlour Games & Vyta du Roc who had a neck between them at the same terms as here at Newbury in December but I think the Mullin's pair have done a bit more so far. 2.05 Don Poli has only had two chase starts which is a bit less than the usual for this but he's impressed both times & I like the way he kept on well at Leopardstown LTO, he won the Martin Pipe last year but looks like he may be a better chaser & he should go on the ground. Kings Palace is three from three over fences including two here in small field class 2's, he's four from five at the track with the only blob a fall at the last when well beaten in last years Albert Bartlett & this is different gravy to the nothing races he's picked up so far. I'd have the main danger as The Young Master who's improved in leaps & bounds & won well at Ascot in December after having the Badger Ales taken off him, he needs another step up here but may well have more to come. Southfield Theatre is another that needs to step up on what he's done so far & If in Doubt who won the Great Yorkshire Chase LTO would need to improve on some dodgy jumping. I thought that after the return of Sprinter Sacre in January we'd see a different horse today but now I'm not sure, I thought that day that Geraghty had the idea he was winning without giving him a hard race & got mugged, I still do to a certain degree but apparently he also had a small bleed after & I don't like the noises from connections. Sire de Grugy won well enough at Chepstow LTO after a less than cracking return at Newbury after injury but he's better for racing & should make bold bit to keep the crown. Champagne Fever is not as good over fences as hurdles & I can see Ruby rolling around again if the jumping cracks under pressure at the likely fast pace. I'm not sure what to make of Dodging Bullets. He's had his breathing done & after a fair return he then won the Tingle Creek but the ground looked horrible that day & he may just have handled it best. Then as I say I feel he may have been rather handed the race at Ascot LTO. Mr Mole as improved & did well to win LTO having not wanted to start & you wouldn't want to be doing that here. I see now as I write that Champagne Fever & Clarcam have defected & I'm now going to have a little ew poke at the old boy Sizing Europe who's still got an engine even at 13yo's & should the big boys not turn up could sneak into a place on what must be his last festival start. Having said I'm avoiding the handicaps I've backed All Yours ew in the Fred Winter. He rather ran into one I suspect at Kempton the other week & looks the type to relish the likely breakneck pace here & he should go on the ground alright. Bets Outlander 10pts @ 4/1 Hills Don Poli 20pts @ 2/1 Hills Sizing Europe 2pts ew @ 33/1 Paddy All Yours 5pts ew @ 12/1 Betfair Sportsbook, all BOG Rio.

Re: Rio's Racing Diary Good job I was in on my own yesterday as there was some serious effing & blinding going on at times starting with Bryan Cooper steering such a wide course in the Neptune that he must have done about 3m's in a 2m 5f race! coming down the hill to two out he's there though but gets carried even wider by the one on his inside jumping to the right & off the bend he's cooked. Really he just wasn't good enough & Windsor Park did it well actually but it just shows how the Winter form can be turned round by the change in ground or different tactics etc because Windsor Park had been beaten by Outlander & Nichols Canyon on his last two starts. Mr Cooper got himself back in my good books by really earning his money on Don Poli, crikey he's a lazy bugger! The horse not the jockey & Bryan had to keep stoking him up pretty much all the way. Over that horrible third last & he's in front & tanking now but even then he starts dossing in front & at two out I'm thinking they're closing. The jump at the last sealed it though & he cleared away in good style up the hill to get me on the score sheet. Sizing Europe was lobbing along well enough behind the leader until he clouted one down the back which seemed to knock all the stuffing out of him. Can't see how Tanya & that irritating Irish twerp could think that Sprinter Sacre was being well backed after the positive comments from the parade ring, I thought Henderson couldn't have sounded less positive when talking to Mick Fitz. He was right to be too as Sprinter went from going alright to pulling up in just a few strides & Sire de Grugy wasn't much better. I suspect that may be it for Sprinter & probably Sizing Europe too. Fair play to Dodging Bullets for winning the race but Somersby was only just over a length down at the line & it looked a less than vintage affair. For the Fred Winter I have to watch the live streaming & I'm doing a fair impression of those little aliens from Toy Story watching the stop start streaming in the Sky broadband advert, only its not Ooooh & Aaah it more like F"%^ing B&**&£$ks as the picture & sound freezes time & time again reappearing several yards on each time. Up the run in & All Yours has made some headway without looking like getting to the lead but it seems he's getting placed. Then the stream freezes again & when it returns the race is over, I've no Idea where he came & I might as well have not bothered watching it! Then the result comes through, the form sums it up....

Held up towards rear, headway approaching 3 out, ridden to chase leaders after 2 out, went 4th run-in, no extra when lost 4th final strides
Cue more bad language, that's three from four ew's that have missed by one in the first two days :wall Still at least I'm on the scoreboard & Don Poli returns 60pts from a stake of 44pts on the day. Singles etc W/R 1-6 Stakes 84pts Returns 60pts Profit/Loss -24pts Multiple bets Stakes 10pts Returns 0pts Profit/Loss -10pts Expenses £425 Day 3 1.30 I thought that Ptit Zig was unlucky to fall at Ascot LTO & he's jumped really well in his chases so far, the level he's got to is higher than that shown by Vantour in his chases so far & Ptit Zig jumped well here when taking the Dipper on New Years Day. Vantour could still justify the hype of course but not every good hurdler makes it over fences & I feel he's worth taking on here. There was only a half length between Apache Stronghold & Valseur Lido LTO but the result was the other way & by 8l's the time before that so what to make of that? Irish Saint won well enough at Kempton but there were only 5 runners & main rival Melodic Rendezvous's jumping went to pot & Irish Saint hasn't been that good at Grade 1 level. I thought the best priced 9/2 with Hills last night was fair enough & I'm rather worried that Ptit Zig is on the slide & can be backed at 11/2 now but that's the chance you take. 2.40 Balder Succes has improved for stepping up in trip but he's tipped up here in all three visits although only one was a chase. Foxrock might find conditions a bit quick here & while Hidden Cyclone was 2nd in this last year 2m 5f's stretches him really. Johns Spirit loves Cheltenham but is he up to this level? He was well held in the King George but is better at this trip. Ma Filleue will like the ground & this is her trip, get the 7lb sex allowance as well & should be thereabouts. I'll take Don Cossack who's improved no end this year after falling when still going ok in the RSA last year, this is his trip & he'll go on the ground. 3.20 Its the biggest field for this in ages which would indicate that its as wide open a race for this as I can remember. I think they got the waiting tactics wrong in this with Zarkandar last year & I'm expecting him to be nearer the pace this time & he has a touch of class about him He ought to have won at Ascot LTO but Sam went too soon & he got lonely in front, Fehily knows him well & is back on top here & he's the pick. Its not soft enough for Reve de Sivola who did the mugging at Ascot & while Saphir du Rheu is clearly useful he isn't Big Bucks & he made hard work of winning the Cleeve LTO for me. Lieutenant Colonel should go well from the front but is another who might need more cut. The one I'd be worried about is Whisper who won well at Aintree on National day last year despite getting in a right old lather beforehand & he's back hurdling after getting turned over ay odds on on his chase debut on New Years Day. Bets Ptit Zig 10pts @ 9/2 Hills Don Cossack 10pts @ 9/2 Paddy, this is the free bet from day 1 Zarkandar 10pts @ 13/2 Coral, free bet if you fall, unseat or get brought down, all BOG Rio.

Re: Rio's Racing Diary While I was disappointed with the run of Ptit Zig in the opener yesterday & he was under pressure & not fluent a long way out it was a pleasure to watch Vautour in action & the leaps put in at the last two to put the race to bed were special. Can he do the same over another 6f's in the Gold Cup next year? I get a text from Mowgli & send him one back asking if he's on Call the Cops in the Pertemps Final? He backed him at Donny & we were both impressed by him. Seconds after the race ends with Call the Cops the winner I get a text that says "999 please" so I assume he was was on. He likes Don Cossack as well in the Ryanair but he gets outpaced at the top of the hill, hampered at the second last & runs on too late for 3rd, Uxizandre makes every yard at quite a hot pace & I'm thinking he can't keep this up, he does though to give McCoy a winner & now I'm thinking why didn't he run like that at Aintree in October when I backed him & he was basically rubbish & then he won NTO. Don Cossack is still in the Gold Cup & should he run & win that today then I will pack the game in! Another text from Mowgli, he doesn't like Zarkandar or Saphir du Rheu but thinks that Lieutenant Colonel should go well & Monksland is a big price. I've just read that when the already irritating T$%^ with Tanya informs us that Zarkandar has won the best turned out & my telly is now in serious danger of getting something chucked at it. Cole Harden sets off to make all, Zarkandar travel like a dream & is nearer to the pace than last year as I'd hoped. Down to two out & having pinged every one so far he makes a right old horlicks of it & Fehily does well to sit. To his credit Zarkandar tries to close again but any cahnce he had as gone, to be honest Cole Harden isn't stopping anyway & I doubt he would have got to him even had he not blundered. No return there then, the Don Cossack stake is already in the returns from the free bet from Tuesday Singles etc W/R 1-9 Stakes 104pts Returns 60pts Profit/Loss -44pts Multiple bets Stakes 10pts Returns 0pts Profit/Loss -10pts Expenses £425 Day 4 The rains have come, good that suits Coneygree who I have as my sole ante post punt having backed him at 14/1 after he won in fine style at Newbury. The rest of the card I'll have a small stakes poke at with basically an ew super heinz less the trebles which reduces it to 85 bets from 120. 1.30 Peace and Co impressed at Doncaster & then won the trial here when the early pace was a crawl, it won't be today which will suit & he will go on the ground but he's skinny at under 3/1. Henderson holds a strong hand & I did like Hargam but I think he might want the previous days ground. Top Notch will go on it but hasn't flown at the level of the others yet, five from five though. Petite Parisienne gets the sex allowance & could go well & Mullin's also has Dicosimo with Ruby on & he won a minor race on his sole run for them in good style & could be owt. Beltor impressed when landing the Adonis which is a top trial for this & acts with cut, not sure why they've stuck a hood on but I'll take him here. Bet 365 are going 4 places & I see we are down to 16 with the outsider Take a Break defecting, no more please! 2.05 McCoy is on Princely Conn who's been running well & ought to be involved but I'm going with another of JP's in Sort it Out. He's won his last two & gets in near the bottom here on a fair mark, will go on the ground & has form in biggish fields. 5 places here. 2.40 Black Hercules has won both his hurdle races but the bare form is nothing special, 4th in the bumper here last year. No More Heroes was a bit disappointing LTO & is too short for me. Martello Tower has form with Outlander who was a bit disappointing the other day but the step back to 3m's will suit. I'll take Value at Risk who ran into traffic in the bumper last year & was a good 3rd in the Punchestown version after that. Moved to Dan Skelton & hosed up at Newbury for him on soft in December & than was just held here on trials day at 2m 4.5f's, another step up in trip should suit. No extra places here so first three. 3.20 I've no reason to desert Coneygree for this, he did it well at Newbury & should run a big race here. Can't have Silviniaco Conti at this track despite him seeming better than ever. Djakadam hasn't done enough yet to be price he is & its simply connections that make him so short. I was seriously tempted by Many Clouds but he has had a couple of hard races this season. Carlingford Lough would need to jump better for me & i'm not sure that Road to Riches will climb that hill. Never been a Holywell fan & this is tougher than last year for Lord Windermere. Bobs Worth seems on the downgrade & Sam Winner & Boston Bob aren't up to this level surely. Mowgli is keen on Smad Place, he was thinking 20/1 was a good price a month ago but he's 33's in places today. It wouldn't surprise me if Houblon des Obeaux ran a good race, he was only just over 3l's off Many Clouds in the Hennessy giving him 6lbs but he ought not to beat Coneygree on the Newbury run LTO. I'll stick him in the multiple as well, 4 places here. 4.00 Previous form round here counts for a lot so its Carsontown Boy for me here. He was 2nd in this last year, looks to be coming to the boil having run a good 2nd at Fairyhouse LTO & he won't mind how testing it gets. 4 places for this. 4.40 Team Mullin's can take this again with Roi des Francs who won at Grade 3 level LTO & will handle conditions. 5 places here. 5.00 So does McCoy bow out of his last festival with a winner? Ned Buntline was 2nd in this last year off 4lb less but he's only run twice since without really showing a lot & he really is a false favourite for me. Ted Veale doesn't jump well enough & Eastlake could run well for JP having run quite well at Ascot LTO. Mowgli's mentioned Dresden who we saw win at Donny on the same day as Call the Cops & he gets in here with a 5lb pen, its a better race though & I'm not sure about the ground for him. Mullin's again here then. Blood Cotil has some fair hurdle form but hasn't reached the same level over fences yet. Better LTO though when breaking his duck at Naas & just the sort for Ruby to pop round quietly in a big field. 5 places again. Bets Coneygree 10pts @ 14/1 Betfair Sportsbook as previously posted. Beltor 8/1 Sort it Out 12/1 Value at Risk 10/1 Coneygree 9/1 Carsonstown Boy 14/1 Roi des Francs 9/2 Blood Cotil 9/1 Perm for doubles, 4. 5, 6 & the 7timer = 85 bets at 0.1pts ew = 17pts staked Rio.

Re: Rio's Racing Diary That ended up a bit special actually, well not the very end more the bit in the middle. Beltor didn't get me off to a flyer in the multiple bet with a never in it 6th, however it seems there was an excuse....

The Veterinary Officer reported that during routine testing she found that BELTOR, placed sixth, trained by Robert Stephens, had been struck into on its right fore and left hind.
Hopefully its nothing serious. A 123 for Henderson & for a few moments I thought Peace and Co was getting turned over by Top Notch. Its not looking good in the County hurdle either with Wicklow Brave bounding clear but then hang on isn't that the red cap & the JP colours of Sort it Out moving into a distant 2nd, yes it is, ooh a place that'll do. Its interesting that the C4 boys then explain the probable reason why Wicklow Brave won this after pulling up in the Imperial Cup just six days previous. They'd had one of those standing starts after a false start & he'd got left & then sulked, here he'd got away on terms & hadn't spit the dummy. Two things, First I like the new way of starting until the starters not happy & then you have the standing start & you can end up with a farce like the start of the Foxhunters later, make them go back & walk in again until they get it right. Second why didn't the stewards ask about the improvement in a horse that was well backed & pulled up just six days ago & then wins here pulling a bus? Its not like they were busy with something else because there is not a thing in the stewards report about race two & its this sort of thing that drives punters up the wall. I'm thinking that Value at Risk is getting a place at least heading down the hill to two out in the Albert Bartlett because he's made good headway but no sooner have they cleared that one than he's paddling & is a well held 5th in a race where they're strung out like washing & eight of them pull up. Now comes the special bit. Away they go for the Gold Cup & Coneygree is straight into the lead with On His Own keeping him company & the pair are both jumping well especially Coneygree who barely touches a twig. By the time they head out for the final circuit there's plenty behind that are struggling & at the one at the top of the hill he's burned off most of them. Over the horrible third last & he kicks for home off the final bend & now I'm having a right old shout, he's just a bit slower at two out & Road to Riches & Djakadam are closing, keep him going Nico. Good jump at the last & up the hill he wanders to the right, don't get lonely & beat now. The other two are on the far rail, Road to Riches cries enough, Ruby's chucking everything at Djakadam but Coneygree sticks his head down & finds more & at the line he's over a length up. That's as good a front running performance in a staying chase as I think I've ever seen, top stuff. Good interviews after too & well done to all. I'm still buzzing when they finally get going in the Foxhunters. Carsonstown Boy is also straight into the lead & is up there all the way round & is still up there over three out but then he fades away. On the Fringe & Nina Carberry run away from them in the end & win by 17l's then I hear Simon Holt say Carsonstown Boy is 4th, is he? A quick double check & yes he's rallied & nabbed the extra place, I'll have that. That's the end of C4's coverage & I'm not for doing the little aliens from Toy Story again & decide I'll listen to the radio commentary on Betfair instead. I want Mullin's to win the Martin Pipe & he does, but its Killultagh Vic that lands the spoils in a driving finish & not Roi des Francs, the good news is that he comes home in 3rd & now I have four placed which gives me six place doubles & a place fourfold. A quick tot up & if Blood Cotil can hit the first five in the last I'm in for the north side of 100pts. There are four non runners but they're all outsiders & we are down to 20 now. Blood Cotil is backed into 4/1jtf with Ned Buntline & McCoy, on Betfair he's actually just the jolly. Away they go & Blood Cotil is reported as being held up, I've watched the race since & how he survives the mistake at the third is beyond me, from then on he's never really traveling & tries to collect several more fences on his way to pulling up after three out. Bugger! That Mullin's & Walsh are bloody useless :p McCoy & Ned Buntline flatter briefly at the last & fade into 4th behind Next Sensation & that's that for another year. Just the 10 singles across the four days with two winners & a decent profit. Apart from yesterday I avoided the "Shoot at the stars bets" but the four that placed manged to return me 19.5pts from the 17pts staked so in the black there too. The policy of generally staying away from the handicaps worked. Singles etc W/R 2-10 Stakes 114pts Returns 210pts Profit/Loss +96pts Multiple bets Stakes 27pts Returns 19.5pts Profit/Loss -7.5pts Expenses £425 Nowhere to go on what is probably the most low key Saturday in the calendar & I've barely glanced at today's fare & a day off is in order methinks. A stable visit to David O'Meara's tomorrow though. Mowgli's thinking about Wetherby on Tuesday but he's off to Reading for the FA Cup replay on Monday & will be home late, having had a look at this stage I would suggest that he doesn't rush to get out of bed. A six race card starting with a selling hurdle & ending with a bumper! Talk about the famine after the feast & unless a couple of the middle races are decent I won't be bothering thanks. Rio.

Re: Rio's Racing Diary A good visit to David O'Meara's yesterday, I'm not going to go into too much depth but there were a few interesting bits of info which it may be worth passing on. I had the camera out & took a few shots but really when you've seen one head looking out of a box.... Louis the Pious Louis%20the%20Pious_zpsh6z1qgbi.jpg He won the Buckingham Palace off 99 last year & then the Ayr Gold Cup off 104 which he was also 2nd in the year before. He's up around 110 now & is a 7yo so you wouldn't expect there to be anymore to come but the long term target is to go back to Ayr again where he clearly likes it. G Force G%20Force_zpsikjwzdlw.jpg Started off by winning a maiden at Newcastle last year & then scored in great style at York's Dante Meeting, let me down a couple of times at skinny odds & I slipped up & missed him when he won the Group 1 Haydock Sprint :eyes Got stuck in the ground at Ascot after. Due to start off back at Haydock in the Temple stakes & then he will go for either the Kings Stand or the Diamond Jubilee at Ascot with the Haydock Sprint on the list again. Penitent Penitent_zps9zpsjrny.jpg Is been readied for the Lincoln along with Robert The Painter who was 3rd in the race last year & Mondialiste who's come over from Freddie Head in France & there's not much to choose between Penitent & Mondialiste on their work apparently. Penitent is a 9yo now & he won the race in 2010 when with William Haggis off 98 & he's off 104 now but since that win he's landed 8 races at up to Group 2 level & won a Group 3 at Haydock last May. Mondialiste won a minor stakes race at Saint-Cloud in late May to break his duck but didn't run again, he's a 5yo so should be a bit more to come & while he's off 105 he was a close 3rd in a Group 1 at Chantilly in June 2013. Robert the Painter is a pound higher than when 3rd last year & they have King Torus in the race as well but he probably won't get in. Mondialiste is 25/1 & the other pair are 33's & I think I'll wait until nearer the day which is under two weeks now. Club horses Sherriff of Nawton was taken out at Wolverhampton on Saturday because he has a bit of ringworm on his neck which needs clearing up before he will be allowed to run. Balducci who won two & ran well besides last year will need a bit longer & will wait for fast ground. Scrutiny who arrived in July & beat G Force in October 2013 wants soft ground & should run next month. Bahamian Desert didn't show a lot in three runs as a 2yo & its hoped he will improve at three. There's a 2yo filly who's un-named yet & will need time. I will not say where it came from but it would appear to be a reasonable source that the word is that Ballydoyle's Derby horse this year is Jamaica. He ran three times last year starting off with a 3rd in a maiden at the Curragh won by Gleneagles who won three more after including the Group 1 National stakes & on his last start he won the Grand Criterium but had it taken off him by the stewards. Jamaica then landed his maiden at odds on at Galway & finished off with a just over 2l's 4th in the Acomb at York over 7f's on fast ground which by then would probably have been a bit too sharp for him. He's by Galileo out of an Anabaa mare called Dialafara who had just one career run in a Listed race in France for the Aga Khan where she was a 43l's last of 8 & either she injured herself or it was decided she was useless. What interests me is that Ladbrokes are only 12/1 for the Derby & they are supposed to have eyes & ears in the stable, Coral are best (now there's a novelty) at 25/1 & I have decided to have a bit on at that price in the hope that he runs a good trial somewhere, at this point he's in the English & Irish 2000 Guineas but I would think he'll run over further somewhere we shall see. Bet Jamaica 10pts @ 25/1 for the Derby, Coral Other than a quick glance I have not had much of a look at Wetherby tomorrow but I see it is now 7 races because one has divided, I'll take a better look later. Rio.

• 2 weeks later...

Re: Rio's Racing Diary After what seems an absolute eternity I'm out & about again today with a trip to Wetherby with Mowgli. In the spirit of "Waiting for a bus" along come three on the trot with Doncaster tomorrow & Sunday, I'm definitely going tomorrow & I'm hoping to have the owners head on with Sheriff of Nawton who is declared for the first division of the apprentice race but more about that tomorrow. I ended up missing the last Wetherby meeting 10 days ago, it was poor fare & a six race card with a hunter chase & a bumper on it is as I've said before is well out of order in my opinion, so what do we have today? A six race card with a hunter & a bumper on! However the first four races are competitive enough which can't be said for the hunter. It was race five & had seven entered but only two are declared & Crazy Jane has yet to hit a place in six runs under rules. At least they've done the decent thing & switched it with the bumper so it's now the last race but really it's a disgrace that only two are running & those swerving the race don't deserve to have these events framed for them. Anyway the first four races are covered in an each way lucky 15. 2.20 Aristo du Plessis got on the hurdles scoreboard LTO with a 12l's win in a Catterick maiden hurdle which was a poor affair but this isn't a lot better, should go well & Dale Irving's claim negates the penalty. Prince Khurram hasn't been pulling trees up since arriving over here from France, the pick of his form was probably the first of five runs for Donald McCain when he was 3rd at Newbury to Dawalan in January last year but he was turned over at odds on at Bangor three runs back & beaten a long way on his last two starts, can't have this one. Bentons Lad has bits of flat form but is a maiden in that sphere, reasonable 2nd on second go over hurdles LTO at Newcastle but that was another poor affair. Stylish Chap got off the mark at Musselburgh in January & then was out of his depth there when 3rd of four in the Scottish Triumph Hurdle trial. After that he pulled up at Carlisle in a handicap but it was soft there & it can be a slog when it's testing ground. If you forgive that run he ought to be thereabouts in this race with Ryan Nichol knocking off a useful 8lb. Shooters Wood was a fair chaser at one time but had lost his way before leaving Paul Nicholls & hasn't shown much for new connections in four runs since. Bigindie has place form in minor bumpers but was well beaten on his one hurdle run at Doncaster. I'll take Stylish Chap in this. 2.50 Cowslip is on the hat trick having won here 10 days ago at a furlong & a half shorter, carries a 7lb pen but the lad aboard claims that, should go well but this is a bit better race. Hail the Brave won here also at 1.5f's less on Boxing Day which was his first bit of worthwhile hurdles form, up 10lbs for that but might be more to come. Masirann has some one paced place form including twice here again at shorter & the hope must be that the extra distance helps. Pay the King won here in October & was a fair 3rd at this trip on Boxing Day, well out of his depth at Sandown LTO & this is more suitable. Foot the Bill ended a run or 2nds by landing a chase at Catterick LTO, only a pound higher back hurdling but might need 3m's+. Feast of Fire won at Southwell LTO & has some course form but needs a career best up 7lbs for that win. Allbarnone has also placed here in a bumper & a novice hurdle, last run was a handicap debut at Catterick & was nothing much but dropped 5lbs & Noel Fehily is an interesting booking & I'll have a poke at this one. 3.20 Fehily rides Greenlaw here who was 2nd over C&D two runs back but was beaten 18l's, not so good over shorter at Newbury after & is one to take on for me. I'll have a go with Vasco D'Ycy who was a clear 2nd at Carlisle LTO & the 3rd there has gone in twice since. He does have the look of a plodder but then so do the lot of them & at least he's consistent. Big Casino has a first time visor which might help him along with the better ground but he's no world beater either. 3.55 Mad For Road looks a favourite to take on in this, managed to win at Sedgefield two runs back off 5lb less but is a quirky sort & showed it again when 2nd there off todays mark last week. Le Fin Bois has some reasonable French form & has been highly tried since arriving over here. Chucked straight into last seasons Fred Winter & then ran in two quite valuable handicaps at Ascot & Kempton on his return. Probably got stuck in the mud at Taunton LTO this this is a fair old drop in class today. Sir Safir won an egg & spoon maiden at Catterick LTO & this is a lot harder. Mr Burbidge looks an aw flat horse to me & Arthur's Secret is another that hasn't done much since arriving from France & went back hurdling last time having been chasing before but was well held at Newbury although it was much better class than this. Knight in Purple has some smart form & was a fair 3rd here when last out on Boxing Day off the same mark, won at Donny the time before & should go well but is an 11yo now. I'll take one of the down in class types & will have Le Fin Bois. Bet Stylish Chap 9/2 Allbarnone 11/1 Vasco D'Ycy 4/1 Le Fin Bois 7/1 0.5pt ew lucky 15, Bet365, BOG Rio.

Re: Rio's Racing Diary I'll have to do a two or three day round up after the weekend action. So here we go again. This season I'm going to be more selective with the singles that I have, there's going to be multiple bets like last year, more 2yo speed ratings & starting from today a low stakes poke at a big win to replace the scoop 6 bets. This will get a 12 week trial & I'll see where I am with that & if I carry on then. 1.25 The least number of Brocklesby runners I can remember seeing, still I can forget my own name these days. Bill Turner has a fine record in this, Scott Dixon won it last year & is always worth looking at for a chuckle at some of the suits he wears, O'Meara's usually need a run & some time so it's unusual to see him with one in here. I need a look at them of course & I'm hoping that it's not as gloomy down South (Yorkshire) as it is here. Doncaster 2.35 My first single of the new season comes here with Astaire. As a 2yo he won the Gimcrack & the Middlepark & then failed to see out the trip on his return in the Greenham last Spring. He then ran an absolute screamer in the Duke of York with only Maarek a half length too good for him. Then he ran in four Group 1's at Ascot, Newmarket, York & Haydock with the only really disappointing effort in the Haydock sprint where he faded quite early. He goes well fresh having won on his 2yo debut & only fading late at Newbury in the Greeham, the ground will suit & there's nothing in here of the sort of class that he faced all last season. Kempton 2.50 This used to be a major handicap, after being run at various distances it's now a qualifier for Kempton's middle distance series but it's still worth £29k+ to the winner. I'm hoping that it's Rebellious Guest, he won here in March last year off a pound higher than today over 10f's & then was 3rd in this off 9lb more than here with a fair run in the Winter Derby in between. A length & a half 2nd to the progressive Tryster 24 days ago back at 10f's is decent enough & he should go well again with the slight doubt seeing out the 11f trip. Doncaster 3.15 King Torus rattled off a hat trick on his first three starts for Ruth Carr last season with the last of those off 90. He then ran some fair races in decent handicaps & on his last start at Doncaster in November having moved to David O'Meara he was 3rd over 7f's on heavy ground. On a mark of 88 here he's well in if something like he was early last year, trip should be fine but I wouldn't want it getting too testing. Kempton 3.25 Boomerang Bob doesn't have a great strike rate being only two from 20 but he's run 2nd & 3rd another 10 times & in some much better affairs than this one. He's been rated as high as 112 in the past & is in here off 96 with the lad on him knocking off another 7lb. He's only had one ride & that was on this horse at Wolverhampton three weeks ago where he was a good 2nd having been held up & finishing well. He's chucked in here really & ought to be winning this never mind hitting the frame. Lincoln Penitent heads to the Listed Mile earlier where he has a job on beating Tullius on those terms. this leaves O'Meara with last years 3rd Robert the Painter who is a pound higher than last season & arrives from two poor runs at Meydan again which is the same as last year. Mondialiste has his first start for the yard having arrived from Freddie Head in France where he has some quite smart form & he won on his last start in May last year. Trip & ground should be fine & I don't know what to make of the draw but he has a touch of class about him & he's the pick. I'll have a look at the 3yo maidens at 4.20 & then it's Sheriff of Nawton at 4.50. No owners badge for me so looking in from the outside :sad He's off 70 with Josh Doyle knocking off 5lb, he's been running alright on the aw & the ground is what he needs they say with the trip also fine. It's competitive but not the greatest race & he ought to be thereabouts, we shall see. Bets Astaire 25pts @ 3/1 Skybet. 1. Astaire 3/1 2. Rebellious Guest 5/1 3. King Torus 10/1 4. Boomerang Bob 4/1 5. Mondialiste 14/1 6. Sheriff of Nawton 5/1 Cover these in six doubles, six trebles, three fourtimers & the sixtimer using the following plan. 16 bets@ 0.25pts each way = 8pts staked, Hills all BOG. [TABLE=width: 453]

[TR] [TD]1[/TD] [TD]X[/TD] [TD]X[/TD] [TD][/TD] [TD][/TD] [TD][/TD] [TD][/TD] [TD]X[/TD] [TD]X[/TD] [TD]X[/TD] [TD][/TD] [TD][/TD] [TD][/TD] [TD]X[/TD] [TD]X[/TD] [TD][/TD] [TD]X[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD]2[/TD] [TD][/TD] [TD][/TD] [TD]X[/TD] [TD]X[/TD] [TD][/TD] [TD][/TD] [TD]X[/TD] [TD][/TD] [TD][/TD] [TD]X[/TD] [TD]X[/TD] [TD][/TD] [TD]X[/TD] [TD]X[/TD] [TD][/TD] [TD]X[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD]3[/TD] [TD]X[/TD] [TD][/TD] [TD][/TD] [TD][/TD] [TD]X[/TD] [TD][/TD] [TD][/TD] [TD]X[/TD] [TD][/TD] [TD]X[/TD] [TD]X[/TD] [TD][/TD] [TD]X[/TD] [TD][/TD] [TD]X[/TD] [TD]X[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD]4[/TD] [TD][/TD] [TD][/TD] [TD]X[/TD] [TD][/TD] [TD][/TD] [TD]X[/TD] [TD][/TD] [TD][/TD] [TD]X[/TD] [TD]X[/TD] [TD][/TD] [TD]X[/TD] [TD]X[/TD] [TD][/TD] [TD]X[/TD] [TD]X[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD]5[/TD] [TD][/TD] [TD][/TD] [TD][/TD] [TD]X[/TD] [TD][/TD] [TD]X[/TD] [TD]X[/TD] [TD]X[/TD] [TD][/TD] [TD][/TD] [TD][/TD] [TD]X[/TD] [TD][/TD] [TD]X[/TD] [TD]X[/TD] [TD]X[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD]6[/TD] [TD][/TD] [TD]X[/TD] [TD][/TD] [TD][/TD] [TD]X[/TD] [TD][/TD] [TD][/TD] [TD][/TD] [TD]X[/TD] [TD][/TD] [TD]X[/TD] [TD]X[/TD] [TD][/TD] [TD]X[/TD] [TD]X[/TD] [TD]X[/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE] Rio.

Re: Rio's Racing Diary Off again for the third day running before another lull that will allow me to do an update. An each way lucky 15 looks in order on a day with some big fields to deal with. 1.45 A few in here that have been round the block more than once but nothing really appeals from those types & the eye is drawn to the obvious pair of After the Sunset & Intisaab. After the Sunset had a first career start in late January over 7f's at Wolves with a length & a half 3rd (winner won again since) & then went back there to score over the same trip in February. The bare form is nothing & easy turf is an unknown but a mark of 77 seems reasonable. Intisaab improved for racing for Dermot Weld last season getting off the mark at Listowel on his fourth & final start in a first time visor (not on here) & runs for David O'Meara & new owners today. Probably not a world beater but yard does well with these & a mark of 79 seems fair & the ground should suit, he'll do for pick one. 2.15 On the stable visit two weeks ago we were told there'd be one going for the maiden won by That is the Spirit last year which is Hail the Hero who was the stables only entry. Of those that have run he has the best bit of form from his second of three runs for Aidan O'Brien last year when he just got nabbed close home by Vert de Grece who went on to run a close 2nd to Gleneagles in a Group 2 & finished off by winning a Group 1 in France. Hail the Hero then rather flopped in a bit of an egg & spoon maiden at Tipperary when only 5th at 8/11 but perhaps the ground was a bit too fast there. The other one with placed form is Fullon Clarets who was runner up in nothing races at Catterick & Ayr & an almost 9l's 4th of nine to the useful Toocoolforschool at Ripon in between those runs, ought to be up to winning a race but this looks a warm maiden. My old mate Hamdan has the once raced Sirdaab who was slowly away but ran on quite well late on in a class 2 maiden at Glorious Goodwood on fast ground at 6f's, sure to improve & could be worth a look. Of the unraced ones Occult for Khalid Abdullah & John Gosden stands out. He's by Oasis Dream & Gosden has a good record in this race with two wins & four places from seven runners. Around 5/2 for Hail the Hero is too short in what looks a hot affair, I may have a bet but would want to see them first. 2.45 The second division of the maiden & those with form are nothing near the level of the first race. I'd probably be looking at one on debut here, Marco Botti saddles Gothic Empire who heads the market & cost 80,00gns & Hamdan's got another in here that cost £60k but that's like me buying one for ten bob that I found under the sofa compared to his level. Again I suspect I may play but only after a look. 3.20 One's come out leaving 21 runners in this 6f's handicap. Mowgli has a cunning plan this season, in big field handicaps back the man he's dubbed as the "Sprint king" Paul Mulrennan who to fair does seem to pop up in these sorts of races quite often. He's on the ex Godolphin Desert Law here who's got stacks of ability but doesn't often show it, on some of his old form he'd be chucked in here off 92 & he's worth a poke at 25/1 in the hope that Paul Midgely can sweeten him up. 3.55 Windshear ought to be winning this but is too short to back for one with a lot of placed form since winning two of his first three, pass. 4.30 This is a tidy little handicap where I'm going with Storm Rock who I was quite impressed by when he hosed up really in a biggish field back end maiden at York on his last start. Looks the sort to improve this year & the step up to 10f's+ should suit & the ground won't be a problem either. Whatever happens I feel this could be a race to keep an eye on for future events. 5.00 Another race with plenty of exposed sorts & I can't really see a progressive looking one in the field. The pin lands on Ardmay who was 5th in this last season off 2lbs higher & ought to be fit enough for this after some plodding on efforts in hurdles over the Winter, the better ground will suit & he should run his race back on the level. Bet Intisaab 7/1 Desert Law 25/1 Storm Rock 5/1 Ardmay 12/1 0.5pt ew lucky 15, Betvictor BOG Rio.

Re: Rio's Racing Diary A three day round up Wetherby Friday A reasonable crowd for the annual charity day in aid of brain tumor research. Mowgli's not really had a look yet & I've told him not to expect much, he needs a Racing Post to stick his nose in & the vendor on the way in has sold out, he manages to buy the last one in the sweet shop. He gets looking & decides he'll join me on Stylish Chap who makes a bit of headway out of the back & then up the straight runs like he's actually carrying the pair of us & ends up 6th. Aristo du plessis pleases the favorite backers by landing the spoils. Having had a look at the next Mowgli can't believe the price of Feast of Fire & steps in for some 14/1, he's at the rear & never leaves the rear & trails home in 8th. Allbarnone is also out the back but makes up some ground down the back & off that long far bend actually looks like he may get involved. He's one paced from the second last though & manages to finish 4th when its three places :eyes Cowslip lands the hat trick. Nose back in the Post & this time its Greenlaw. This time he's right but not until the final strides, Big Casino is ahead up the run in & looking like he's not for catching, he stays up the far side while Greenlaw drifts over to the near rail. Hang on here comes my pick Vasco D'Ycy with a late run also up the near side, at the line he still a neck down on Greenlaw but Mowgli's not sure if he's beaten Big Casino because they're separated by the width of the track. In the end we both beat him, Mowgli goes off to collect & I've at least hit a place. Race four & Mowgli joins me on Le Fin Bois & also backs Knight in Purple. Off the bottom bend heading to three out & Dickie Johnson seems to be sitting with a double handful on Le Fin Bois but at two out when asked to go haul in the aw flat horse Mr Burbidge he finds no change of gear at all. He's 6l's down on the line with Knight in Purple back in 3rd, at least I've another place in. We've bought some raffle tickets in the hope we might cop for some Grand National tickets again but lightening doesn't strike twice. While they're doing the draw the runners for the bumper come out, we both like the look of Dan Skelton's Wee Holio & Mowgli likes another but I can't remember which. We head to the betting ring, he back the pair to win & I go ew at 12's on Wee Holio. Wee Holio is held up, makes a brief effort moving round the dreaded bend & then downs tools up the straight. Whatever Mowgli's other pick was also fails to show & the Jolly Shantou Village won in fair style. We head off along with just about everybody else before the two runner hunter. The two places return 4.26pts of the 15pt stake. Doncaster Saturday Having arrived at Donny the day starts quite well with a fish buttie which is ten times better than the one I had last time. In I go & run into one of the regulars here Steve who like me likes to look at them in the pre parade & parade ring. We both like the look of the Bill Turner trained Just That Lord & with his record I decide to play at 7/2. He hits the front heading to the final furlong & no sooner have I just shouted "Now go clear" than he does the exact opposite & is quickly passed by O'Meara's First Bombardment & Johnston's Ravenhoe who have a right set to in the last 100 yards with Ravenhoe getting the race on the bob. Just the Lord is 4th. I run into Frank who's not here with the Sheriff but Yourartisonfire in the Spring Mile, Graham's here somewhere too. We watch Tullis make hard work of winning the Listed Mile at 1/2, I'd be a basket case watching those if I'd backed him, that's if I'm not already. Astaire looks alright, Frank goes off & backs him. I watch the race from down by the winners hoping that's where he's going to be heading. He goes off at 2/1 & the form line sums it up perfectly...

Tracked leaders, still on bit approaching final furlong, ridden to lead inside final furlong, headed 75yds out, kept on but no chance with winner (op 5/2)
Bugger, that would have been a nice start but at least he's run a race & placed for the new bet. I nip inside & find a screen with Kempton on, its crowded, noisy & I can't really hear the commentary but I think Rebellious Guest has managed 3rd. He has indeed & I have the first two placed so I'll have an interest in the bet right up to the last leg. The third one is King Torus in the Spring Mile, he's held up in midfield & starts to make headway about three out when he runs into traffic & gets murdered, Danny Tudhope switches him & he runs on but can't make the frame. He wouldn't have won, the winner Chatez was quite impressive under joint top weight & could be a decent handicapper but I feel he might have got me another place with a clear run. Yourartisonfire runs a blinder & gets 3rd having looked at one stage like he might win. Back inside for Kempton where again I can't hear a word, I can't tell which one is Boomerang Bob either but it doesn't look like he's one of the first three home. He isn't, again the form line sums it up....
Held up, no room on inner and dropped to last pair after 1f, progress on inner 2f out, ridden and kept on same pace final furlong, no chance (op 7/2)
The stewards were also awake...
The Stewards held an enquiry into possible interference shortly after the start. Having heard their evidence and viewed recordings of the race they found that CHILWORTH ICON, placed seventh, ridden by Daniel Cremin, had hung right interfering with BOOMERANG BOB (IRE), placed fifth, ridden by George Blackwell. The Stewards found the interference was accidental, in that Cremin had taken all reasonable steps to avoid causing interference.
Now its all rather unraveling, he really ought to have been winning that never mind placing & he's done neither. Mondialiste is a general 16/1 when I come back out but the board on the end is showing 22/1 & they're going a quarter the odds a place, I strike a bet. This time I wander down to the rail by the half furlong pole to watch them go out & decide to stay there for the race & maybe get an in running shot. Again I can't hear a commentary from here but as they head towards where I am I can see what I hope is the dark blue & pink colours making a move. They whizz by & it is Mondialiste but there's a Koukash runner drawing level & then passing him, he tries his best & battles back a little but is beaten a neck by Gabrial. Still I'll take that, the place return covers the Brocklesby stake with a bit of profit & that gives me a double & a treble in the new bet too. Heading for the pre parade for the 3yo maiden & I run into Frank again who takes me for a coffee instead, we've just got it when I bump into a lad I used to work with & end up nattering away & totally miss the maiden which is won by the 25/1 shot Pandora so that might not have been a bad thing. Now its time for the Sheriff. I'd expected Frank to go in even if the badge he's got is for another horse but he doesn't, we watch from by the parade ring. He's held up & heading down the straight Josh is sat motionless, at the two furlong pole the field parts like the Red Sea & he cruises though still barely moving & saunters away from them to win by just the six lengths. Frank says he's away, hands me his badge & says go get a glass of champagne. I'm quickly in the ring by the winners which is how I got the shot below. I toy with being really cheeky & having a drink but decide instead to bail out, that's landed me another place double & a fourtimer to go with the other double & the treble. The BOG on Rebellious Guest & Mondialiste give me 27.61pts back from the 8pt stake after a small rule 4 with Aetna from Astaire's race a non runner. the single loses 25pts but the on course place return has me in front if not by much & I'll take that. Doncaster Sunday Its been raining but its stopped when I arrive, all day though we get a brief flurry quickly followed by the sun coming out, the wind gets up & its cold, as I said to my Daughter before setting off "The clock's have gone forward, British Summertime begins" Yer right! Intisaab chases the leaders but back peddles in a few strides from two out & beats just three of the now 18 home, not a good start. I repair to the pre parade where Steve is again for division one of the maiden. From what we can see Gosden's Occult looks alright but he is sporting a rug, the O'Meara crew are in the pre parade eyeing him up & down, Hail the Hero comes ready saddled from the stables & goes straight round. I want to see Occult rugless & head to the parade ring proper. Out come the jocks & the bell signal to mount is given, they go to remove the rug & he starts to play up, they get it off & he's got five legs, hang on the one in the middle at the back isn't a leg! That puts me off, no bet. Hail the Hero is held up having made the running or raced close up in his three Irish runs, he comes through after two out to take it up & wins quite tidily really. Occult stays on for 3rd & will win a race but is likely to be skinny when he does. I'm trying to decide if I've missed out there, from the stable visit two weeks ago I thought I'll back what they run & haven't but then I could have easily have backed Occult & didn't, its not like I've missed one at a price he went off 11/4jtf but there was some 3/1 around & in the end I'm happy enough to let that go. Looking at them for the second division & Miracle Ninetynine looks just about the pick to me but this is the race where I thought it may go to a newcomer. Again I don't play. A 100 yards out & Miracle Ninetynine hits the front but Nortron battles back, then right on the line Hanagan arrives on debut making Mulaaseq & nuts the pair of them by a short head & a head. In the sprint Desert Law is held up & seems to be making headway two out & then is another that runs into traffic & he gets the "Kept on, never Nearer" in his form line in finishing 8th & this one will pop up at a price later on, probably when I'm half asleep & miss it. Windshear does indeed win the Listed race but seems to wander under pressure & make a bit of hard work of it, however it seems the rein snapped on the right side in the final furlong & Sean Levy's done well to get him home in front with the steering gone. Steve's backed Dance of Fire each way in the next but informs me that the dead eight is now down to seven, its not his though that comes in the now useless 3rd spot but mine Storm Rock :eyes It looks like he's on the winner until Dark Wave worries Dance of Fire out of it in the last few yards. It looks like I'm drawing a blank when the held up Ardmay is another one to get his run checked in the last two furlongs but he's switched right, ridden, stays on well & gets the dreaded "Nearest finish" but at least this time he's in the frame in 4th to get me a 2.25pt return from the 15pt stake. All in all I'll take that, three days in the fresh air again with not too much damage finance wise & a promising start to the new bet. Singles etc W/R 2-11 Stakes 139pts Returns 210pts Profit/Loss +71pts Multiple bets Stakes 57pts Returns 26pts Profit/Loss -31pts The not sure what to call it but if it cops I’ll be on a beach somewhere with a cold drink in one hand & a hot blonde in the other bet Stakes 8pts Returns 27.61pts Profit/Loss +19.61pts Expenses £445 We now have the flat turf back only for it shudder to a halt again with the aw finals on Friday at Lingfield overshadowing Musselburgh which is the next turf fixture. Kempton on the aw is the sole flat meeting on Saturday when I suspect that I may be heading to Haydock, at least I have some possible action next Monday to Wednesday before we're back jumping again for the National meeting. Hat trick lander Cowslip Cowslip_zpswoyx9ldp.jpg Mr Burbidge Mr%20Burbidge_zpseno5ve0k.jpg Le Fin Bois Le%20Fin%20Bois_zpstpadkabr.jpg The first winner of the new turf season Ravenhoe Ravenhoe_zpsgwk9zi2r.jpg Spencer looking at the big screen to see how Astaire got beat Astaire_zps3echbgyu.jpg Mondialiste & Gabrial at the half pole Mondialite%20amp%20Gabrial_zpsvlzu7d0x.jpg Sheriff of Nawton in the winners Sheriff_zpsvbpr9jh4.jpg Hail the Hero likewise Hail%20the%20Hero_zpsqtwkq2pd.jpg Hanagan & Mulaaseq about to go out Mulaaseq_zpsgsiypjig.jpg Windshear Windshear_zpsepgeq3jd.jpg Rio.

Re: Rio's Racing Diary A super competitive card at Haydock today which would be well worth going just for the watch never mind having a bet, the first six races are all handicaps will decent fields & even in the opener, the novice handicap chase all of them have chase form. I'm expecting it to be quite testing, there's been a fair amount of rain around & there's always the chance that Kirkland has had the taps on, a pyromaniac likes to set fire to things, what do you call someone who can't stop watering? Rooting through the card last night I've ended up narrowing the first six races down to two selections for each & at the odds I feel its worth having a double poke at the new perm bet rather than trying to boil it down to singles or something in trixies etc, therefore.... 1.25 Gores Island looked a progressive chaser but found the step up in class & the 2m 4f+ at the festival LTO too much, back down the 2m's here & a drop to class 3 should be more to his liking, won twice on heavy this year so the ground should hold no terrors. The second pick is Village Vic who made all in a class 3 at Newbury two runs back & wasn't disgraced off today's mark back there LTO, possibly slightly better suited by faster ground but did go quite well for a long way on soft ground on his chase debut at Ascot. 2.00 Pinerolo hasn't really hit form this season but the run LTO at Wetherby wasn't too bad, he's dropped to a good mark now & he should go on the ground with Jonathan England knocking off another useful 3lb & he's a fair price to find some form. Fourovakind won at Chepstow on heavy two runs back & was a fair 3rd at Newbury off today's mark in a better race LTO, he's the other pick. 2.35 Southfield Vic has won three of his last four although the last one was a bit of a penalty kick. The Wincanton handicap win two runs back was quite smart though & while he's 13lb higher than that here the useful Sean Bowen knocks 5lb of that off, seems to go on any ground & the drop back to 2m 4f's shouldn't be a problem. Powerstown Dream hasn't many miles on the clock & ran quite well LTO, ought to be more improvement to come & yard won this in 2012 & 13. 3.10 King of the Wolds returned to form with a good win at Ayr four weeks ago at around this trip on soft ground, a similar run today should see him thereabouts. Astigos has still to win a chase but ran a cracker two runs back at Cheltenham on trials day when a strong finishing quarter length 2nd. A little disappointing when also runner up in a small field at Sedgefield LTO but the likely stronger pace here should suit along with the step up to 3m's. 3.45 I can't leave out Comeonginger after the way he jumped them silly from the front at Kempton LTO, he's is up 8lb & I think he may just prefer to go right handed but he has won round the figure of eight at Fontwell. The other one is Future Gilded who's only had four career starts & won well enough at Market Rasen LTO, that was only a small field & I don't want it too testing but I feel there may be more to come from this one & the yard is in good form too. 4.20 Weststreet seems to be getting it together over hurdles & is on a fair mark for this & again the yard seems to be firing just now. Central Flame is a winning pointer & got off the mark over hurdles at Carlisle LTO on soft, the lad taking over on him knocks off 7lb & seems to know what he's doing & he's pick two. Bets 1 Gores Island 7/1 2 Pinerolo 14/1 3 Southfield Vic 15/2 4 King of the Wolds 13/2 5 Comeonginger 8/1 6 Weststreet 7/1 1 Village Vic 7/2 2 Fourovakind 7/1 3 Powerstown Dream 8/1 4 Astigos 13/2 5 Future Gilded 7/1 6 Central Flame 13/2 Cover these in six doubles, six trebles, three fourtimers & the sixtimer using the following plan. 2 x16 bets@ 0.25pts each way = 16pts staked, Betvictor all BOG. [TABLE=class: cms_table, width: 453]

[TR] [TD]1[/TD] [TD]X[/TD] [TD]X[/TD] [TD][/TD] [TD][/TD] [TD][/TD] [TD][/TD] [TD]X[/TD] [TD]X[/TD] [TD]X[/TD] [TD][/TD] [TD][/TD] [TD][/TD] [TD]X[/TD] [TD]X[/TD] [TD][/TD] [TD]X[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD]2[/TD] [TD][/TD] [TD][/TD] [TD]X[/TD] [TD]X[/TD] [TD][/TD] [TD][/TD] [TD]X[/TD] [TD][/TD] [TD][/TD] [TD]X[/TD] [TD]X[/TD] [TD][/TD] [TD]X[/TD] [TD]X[/TD] [TD][/TD] [TD]X[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD]3[/TD] [TD]X[/TD] [TD][/TD] [TD][/TD] [TD][/TD] [TD]X[/TD] [TD][/TD] [TD][/TD] [TD]X[/TD] [TD][/TD] [TD]X[/TD] [TD]X[/TD] [TD][/TD] [TD]X[/TD] [TD][/TD] [TD]X[/TD] [TD]X[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD]4[/TD] [TD][/TD] [TD][/TD] [TD]X[/TD] [TD][/TD] [TD][/TD] [TD]X[/TD] [TD][/TD] [TD][/TD] [TD]X[/TD] [TD]X[/TD] [TD][/TD] [TD]X[/TD] [TD]X[/TD] [TD][/TD] [TD]X[/TD] [TD]X[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD]5[/TD] [TD][/TD] [TD][/TD] [TD][/TD] [TD]X[/TD] [TD][/TD] [TD]X[/TD] [TD]X[/TD] [TD]X[/TD] [TD][/TD] [TD][/TD] [TD][/TD] [TD]X[/TD] [TD][/TD] [TD]X[/TD] [TD]X[/TD] [TD]X[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD]6[/TD] [TD][/TD] [TD]X[/TD] [TD][/TD] [TD][/TD] [TD]X[/TD] [TD][/TD] [TD][/TD] [TD][/TD] [TD]X[/TD] [TD][/TD] [TD]X[/TD] [TD]X[/TD] [TD][/TD] [TD]X[/TD] [TD]X[/TD] [TD]X[/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE] ?Rio.

Re: Rio's Racing Diary

Well done looks like you had a good day
It may look that way at first glance with two winners & two placed from the six races but the winners were in separate bets & only the two that placed fell together which returned 2.23pts of the 16pts staked. What it did do though was give me an interest right through the card as hoped. Having crawled in traffic on the motorway & then roadworks on the roundabout not far from the track we arrive just in time for the first. Mowgli's had his head in the Racing Post in the car & is thinking of backing Village Vic but changes his mind when he sees the skinny price & backs Ubaltique instead. This one runs a fair race for 3rd while Village Vic stinks the place out & is pulled up having never gone a yard at 9/4f, even the sleepy Haydock stewards need a word....
The Stewards considered the running of VILLAGE VIC (IRE) ridden by Richard Johnson and trained by Philip Hobbs, which was pulled up. The Stewards noted the rider’s report that the gelding stopped quickly as if something was amiss. However, the trainer could offer no explanation for the gelding’s performance and the Veterinary Officer reported that a post-race examination of VILLAGE VIC (IRE) during routine testing failed to reveal any abnormalities.
Why bother asking? Gores Island gets round for a never dangerous 5th & that's not the best of starts. In race two Jonathon England tries his best to get Pinerolo interested but despite him knocking seven bells out of the beast he too barely does a tap & trails home 9th of the ten to get round. Fourovakind does much better for me & gets 3rd spot behind 33/1 shot William Money who has not many cheering him home apart from the bookies, can't recall what Mowgli had here but it wasn't involved. The place though means that in that bet if the next one places I can still get a treble & if leg 4 or 5 places a double. I then get the next winner in Southfield Vic who gets up under a hard drive from Sean Bowen when off the bend from the back my other selection Powerstown Dreams had seemed more likely to trouble the judge but he faded to 6th. Southfield Vic's in the other bet to Fourovakind but at least I'll have one running in leg 6 for a win/place double. Mowgli's keen on Virak for the chase up next, then he sees the price again, 7/2 & he changers his mind again & backs Carrigdhoun who promptly wins the best turned out :eyes & Astigos who I want to go with Fourovakind. Astigos plods round for 6th while my other one King of the Wolds tips up at four out when looking held. Carrigdhoun ran a good race for 2nd but Mowgli was rather glum because Virak hosed up really backed into 5/2 & the only danger was the dive he took at the last. Comeonginger attracted the interest of the stewards on his way to pulling up before two out....
The Stewards considered the running of COMEONGINGER (IRE), ridden by Tom Cannon and trained by Chris Gordon, which was pulled up. They noted the trainer could offer no explanation for the gelding’s performance. The Veterinary Officer reported that a post-race examination of COMEONGINGER (IRE) during routine testing failed to reveal any abnormalities.
Again why bother asking? Future Gilded though runs into a place to get me the bit back from the place double, Mowgli fails to hit the scoreboard again. Last leg & I need Weststreet here, a win will get me a win/place double & will at least cover the days stake, I also have Central Flame running for me but it doesn't matter what he does because he won't line up with anything. The law of Sod applies & Central Flame wins by just the 11l's with Weststreet back in 6th :eyes Still as I say I had an interest in every race through the afternoon. Whatever Mowgli backed here also fails to bother the judge & it's back to the carpark. Singles etc W/R 2-11 Stakes 139pts Returns 210pts Profit/Loss +71pts Multiple bets Stakes 57pts Returns 26pts Profit/Loss -31pts The not sure what to call it but if it cops I’ll be on a beach somewhere with a cold drink in one hand & a hot blonde in the other bet Stakes 24pts Returns 29.84pts Profit/Loss +5.84pts Expenses £470 Next morning I get a text from Mowgli... "All the races yesterday were run over further than the advertised distances with some of them over half a furlong longer" Kirkland Tellwright's response.... The information is available for those who want to dig for it" The arrogance of the man is breathtaking & he believes he is a law unto himself, surely the powers that be need to get a grip on him!!! Having declined the run up to Redcar yesterday on a bank holiday & for a card that politely might be called dreadful & with an early start of 12.40 (why?) it's back out & about today with a ride to Pontefract. A lucky 15 is the order of the day with a possible stab at the two maiden races after a look at them. 2.00 A few exposed ones here with the key to the race looking to be top weight Marciano who'd won a race in France as a 3yo but got off the mark on his ninth try in this Country at Southwell two months ago on his first run for Micheal Appleby & should he be able to translate that to turf then he'd probably win this too. However the turf win in France was on very soft & the rest of his grass runs hardly sets the pulse racing so I'm going to go with Dark Ocean who won this last year off 4lbs less on his return then so he goes fresh, course form is important here & he has a nice draw. 3.00 This one seems to revolve around the one race one win Edgar Balthazar who just saw off Felix Leiter on their debuts at Hamilton last July & that one won his next three including a decent nursery at York, I'm just wondering why he wasn't seen again? Teruntum Star won a good nursery at Haydock in September but then flopped in a York Listed event when last seen on good to soft, the ground is given as that today but the sun is beaming down. I'll go with course form again, Grandad's World won quite nicely here at 5f's on debut & then was far from disgraced in the valuable sales race at the St Leger meeting on his only other start. Mark of 90 seems reasonable & Jack Garrity knocks 5lbs off, stall 8 is a bit wide but you can't have everything. 4.00 A few exposed ones again. Sennockian Star has a bit of class but hasn't pulled any trees up in Meydan during the Winter or at Chelmsford LTO really & was only 3rd in this off a pound less last year. Gothic will be popular for Stoute/Moore having lost the dangly bits as well but he'd need to improve for that op. Stepping Ahead was 2nd in this off 5lbs higher last year & on that form would go close but didn't go on after & was stuffed out of sight when last seen in September. The interesting one is Astronereus who had some decent form last year, is nicely bred & looks the sort to go on again as a 4yo year old, I'll take him here. 5.00 A few fit from the aw but Where's Tiger ran well enough at the Lincoln meeting when 2nd off 2lb lower & he ought to have a decent pace to chase here which will suit & he ought to be thereabouts. Bet Dark Ocean 9/2 Grandad's World 4/1 Astronereus 7/2 Where's Tiger 7/2 1pt lucky 15 Skybet BOG Rio.

Re: Rio's Racing Diary The sun was shining so the panama gets it's first outing of the year, lets hope it sees more action. However upon arriving at Ponty through the back gate to park up on the golf course it's clear that care is needed, there's already one car stuck in the soft ground & I don't want to join him so pick a spot a bit further up than I usually go. When I walk down the path towards the track it seems I've made the right choice because where I normally park there's another car wheel spinning. A fair crowd in, probably still on the Easter break & the sun helps. Dark Ocean is well supported for the first & I watch the action from the rail near the half furlong pole, when they pass Dark Ocean is challenging the outsider Dha Chara who's made most & it doesn't look like he's getting past him. However right on the line it looks like he might have got there & as I head for the tunnel under the stand to go to the winners enclosure the PA confirms it & I'm off to a flyer. Having cast an eye over the maidens for the next Secateur is just the pick but 11/10 doesn't appeal for one that's already had three goes. Ya Hade Ye Delil looks quite nice but the form of the two starts is pretty ordinary at best & I decide not to play. This turns out to be a good decision when Wind Place and Sho makes every yard at 28/1 with Secateur never looking like getting to him just over a length back & then a long looking 6l's to Ya Hade Ye delil. I wouldn't want to be backing Secateur at a skinny price anytime soon or indeed the Stoute trained Dannyday who was 5th in the bunch trying to land 3rd spot. Some good looking sorts for the 3yo 6f handicap not least my fancy Grandad's World who's a fine big lad. Granted Teruntum Star & the once raced one win Edgar Balthazar also looked good. However looks aren't everything & Teruntum Star dwelt at the start, was always in the rear & trailed in last. Edgar Balthazar wasn't a lot better at 4/1cof of three & was struggling from halfway. The good news was Grandad's World broke well & got across to drop in just behind the pace. Off the turn in & Jack Garritty asked him to go & he hit the front a furlong out & ran on well to hold the other co fav Geordie George by three parts. Crikey two from two & in profit :eek The almost 2m 2f's handicap up next which was the race last year which I thought Ryan Moore & several others gave Suprise Vendor too much rope in front & cost me a winner. Same result here with Jason Hart again making all although this time the lead wasn't as soft as last year's, good ride from the front again though. I need one of my last two for a decent payout & if they both win I'm made up for the season. Astronereus looks quite well beforehand but then so does Stepping Ahead who I'm worried might bounce back to form. Master of Finance for Johnston, who'd been gelded since his last run (the horse & not the trainer unfortunately) is well backed & sets off to make all. I'm getting rather excited as Astronereus is right behind him turning into the short straight but he can't quicken & he ends up 4th while Master of Finance isn't for catching. Stepping Ahead is close up but fades so badly that he beats one home. No big win then but I still have one to run. Before that though there's another maiden where I quite like the look of the debut making Blue Melody Girl & to be honest those that have run haven't posted much form for her to aim at. A wander round to the ring & with a dead eight for three places I have a small ew at 22/1. She doesn't break well, is always behind & beats just the 66/1 rag home in the end. I wouldn't entirely give up on this one, mid race she closed up a bit but had done too much doing that & she was allowed to coast home in the end. Right then come on Where's Tiger. He's backed to 5/2 & off the final bend is moving up nicely, as they head towards the furlong pole he's hit the front, I've just shouted "Now go clear" when Fazza sweeps past him & then Final Countdown comes & nuts the pair of them & he's 3rd, bugger. The 15pt lucky 15 returns 38pts, I'll nail one of these at some point & I've had a day in the sun, a good shout & made a profit. Singles etc W/R 2-11 Stakes 139pts Returns 210pts Profit/Loss +71pts Multiple bets rStakes 72pts Returns 64pts Profit/Loss -8pts The not sure what to call it but if it cops I’ll be on a beach somewhere with a cold drink in one hand & a hot blonde in the other bet Stakes 24pts Returns 29.84pts Profit/Loss +5.84pts Expenses £480 The Catterick card today is actually a bit better than the usual dire fare at the track, the Lord alone knows what rubbish they'll serve up should they ever get the all weather track that they're after. I'll keep the powder dry & have a pop at the Aintree meeting starting tomorrow which these days is a proper festival. Sheriff of Nawton has been entered for Newcastle on Saturday but I'm 99.9% certain to stay at home & watch the National, the next trip out is likely to be Beverley &/or Ripon next week. Dark Ocean entering the winners Dark%20Ocean_zpsdkltmyiz.jpg Jack Garritty & Grandad's World doing likewise Grandads%20World_zpsuopiwhvs.jpg Suprise Vendor Suprise%20Vendor_zpszxxvvssn.jpg Rio.

Re: Rio's Racing Diary I think I may have to stop posting. Around 48 hours ago I'm not far off finishing a post where I have an each way single & a 1pt trixie with 2pts on the singles & I hit the wrong key & lose the lot :eyes The auto restore gives me about a quarter of what I've written & I ain't starting again. The single is a let down but the trixie cops at 11/4, 3/1 & 9/2 :eyes Well I did say I'd nail one soon. Two each ways yesterday & I'm just about to sit down to post when my neighbour asks if I've got a few minutes which turns into considerably longer & next thing its nearly off time. We end up sat in the garden with the telly on & a can of beer, the first ew bolts up at 12/1, the other runs quite well but misses the frame. If this goes wrong today then it may be the last post, not that I'm superstitious, well touch wood I'm not..... Some each way action on the National & a tilt at windmills with the new bet today I could have asked for a badge for Newcastle where Sheriff of Nawton runs in the 3.15, however I don't seem to get Saturday badges & I'd rather stay at home & watch the Aintree fare. I have stuck him in the "Hot blonde bet" but reading the pre race thoughts on the website I'm thinking I might not have bothered. They hardly sound bullish "Up 9lbs in a better race, needs a career best" etc but then it wouldn't be the first time they've sounded less than enthusiastic & then gone & won. They seem worried by Spes Nostra who's been running alright on the aw & is on a lower turf mark & most interestingly Memory Cloth who was in the process of landing a hat trick at around this time last year & who could go well at a price if the break has freshened him up. In fact with the Sheriff on the slide I think I'll break off a moment & have a small ew on Memory Cloth.... Right off I go with the Aintree opener. I was impressed by Days of Heaven at Donny in January where he did it in style despite trying to remove his lads head in the parade ring. He then did the business when we were at Kempton where the almost headless handler had some help in controlling what is clearly a talented but barmy individual. If they can get him through the preliminaries without him losing the plot then he ought to continue to improve, I like that he missed Cheltenham as well. Up to Newcastle for the 2.45 where I've gone with My Name is Rio :p Won first time out the last two seasons & looked an improving sort last year, finished off with a close 2nd in a similar race to today's at Haydock last September & is a C&D winner. After the Sheriff runs it's back to Aintree for the 3.25 where I'm with Wonderful Charm. This is quite a drop in class for him having placed in two Grade 2's before Xmas & then running alright in the King George & the Ryanair the last twice which was a big ask. Some horses are better giving lumps of weight to inferior types than trying to compete at levels at the top table & most of what he's up against here look exposed or out of form with the possible exception of Buywise who finished well having been held up in a handicap at Cheltenham over 2m 5f's. Four each way stabs at the National. The main hope would be Alvarado who was 4th last year having been held up a long way back & finished well having been given a lot to do. Only a pound higher here & been kept for this with just the one run at Donny in February to blow the cobwebs off, not so far off the pace this time please! First Lieutenant has a touch of class, he's a Grade 1 winner round the other track here & is another that may be better giving weight away rather than trying to win at the top level. He also has a class act on his back, given the choice of Nina Carberry or her so called top horseman Brother Paul she'd get my vote every time. Night in Milan jumps well, should stay & was a good 3rd in the Grimthorpe LTO, I've always thought he'd go well in this & he has a nice racing weight. The Druids Nephew won the 3m 1f handicap at the festival in fair style after the weights for this came out & he would have more to carry here after that effort. Can throw in the old iffy jump which tempers enthusiasm a bit but if he can get popping away early he should be thereabouts. As well as the ew singles I've covered the four in exacta & trifecta combos to small stakes. Last up is Dormello Mo who ran alright in the County hurdle after a break & then won last Sunday at Plumpton despite looking to have thrown the race away with a last flight blunder. He has a 5lb pen for that but last Saturdays star man Sean Bowen knocks 3lbs of that off & he should go well here. Bets Alvarado 5pts ew @ 22/1 First Lieutenant 3.5pts ew @ 28/1 Night in Milan 3.5pts ew @ 25/1 The Druids Nephew 5pts ew @ 14/1 Various bookies, all 5 places. 12 exacta combos to 20p & 24 trifeca combos to 10p = £4.80 staked. Memory Cloth 2.5pts ew @ 16/1 Skybet BOG 1. Days of Heaven 6/1 2. My Name is Rio 7/1 3. Sheriff of Nawton 7/2 4. Wonderful Charm 5/1 5. Alvarado 22/1 6. Dormello Mo 11/1 Cover these in six doubles, six trebles, three fourtimers & the sixtimer using the following plan. 16 bets@ 0.25pts each way = 8pts staked, Paddy Powerall BOG. [TABLE=class: cms_table_cms_table, width: 453]

[TR] [TD]1[/TD] [TD]X[/TD] [TD]X[/TD] [TD][/TD] [TD][/TD] [TD][/TD] [TD][/TD] [TD]X[/TD] [TD]X[/TD] [TD]X[/TD] [TD][/TD] [TD][/TD] [TD][/TD] [TD]X[/TD] [TD]X[/TD] [TD][/TD] [TD]X[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD]2[/TD] [TD][/TD] [TD][/TD] [TD]X[/TD] [TD]X[/TD] [TD][/TD] [TD][/TD] [TD]X[/TD] [TD][/TD] [TD][/TD] [TD]X[/TD] [TD]X[/TD] [TD][/TD] [TD]X[/TD] [TD]X[/TD] [TD][/TD] [TD]X[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD]3[/TD] [TD]X[/TD] [TD][/TD] [TD][/TD] [TD][/TD] [TD]X[/TD] [TD][/TD] [TD][/TD] [TD]X[/TD] [TD][/TD] [TD]X[/TD] [TD]X[/TD] [TD][/TD] [TD]X[/TD] [TD][/TD] [TD]X[/TD] [TD]X[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD]4[/TD] [TD][/TD] [TD][/TD] [TD]X[/TD] [TD][/TD] [TD][/TD] [TD]X[/TD] [TD][/TD] [TD][/TD] [TD]X[/TD] [TD]X[/TD] [TD][/TD] [TD]X[/TD] [TD]X[/TD] [TD][/TD] [TD]X[/TD] [TD]X[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD]5[/TD] [TD][/TD] [TD][/TD] [TD][/TD] [TD]X[/TD] [TD][/TD] [TD]X[/TD] [TD]X[/TD] [TD]X[/TD] [TD][/TD] [TD][/TD] [TD][/TD] [TD]X[/TD] [TD][/TD] [TD]X[/TD] [TD]X[/TD] [TD]X[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD]6[/TD] [TD][/TD] [TD]X[/TD] [TD][/TD] [TD][/TD] [TD]X[/TD] [TD][/TD] [TD][/TD] [TD][/TD] [TD]X[/TD] [TD][/TD] [TD]X[/TD] [TD]X[/TD] [TD][/TD] [TD]X[/TD] [TD]X[/TD] [TD]X[/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE] ?

Re: Rio's Racing Diary Not the greatest of starts with Days of Heaven yesterday who finished last of the nine to complete. Peter Carberry reported after that the horse was never travelling, at the time I thought that it wasn't the greatest ride. On reflection though I'm thinking that it wasn't the greatest ride. Still at least he lives to fight another day while Seedling who took a crashing fall two out paid the ultimate price :( Up to Newcastle where there's still a dead 16 for the 6f handicap. My Name is Rio is bang there entering the final furlong, 50 yards from the line & he's not winning but surely he's in the frame. Somehow he ends up 7th, things are not going well. Mowgli's sent me a text asking if I've backed Zarkandar because he feels compensation may be about to arrive. Despite watching All Yours win the Grade 1 Juvenile at 16/1 on the Thursday when he'd missed the places by one for my ew at the festival & then Friday Don Cossack hoses up in the Melling Chase having also let me down at Cheltenham I inform him that I haven't. I was tempted to back Cole Harden who I thought would be even more suited to Aintree than Cheltenham but in the end left the race alone. This turned out well as Zarkandar never looked like winning & Whisper saw off Cole Harden to win the race again. Back to Newcastle where Sheriff of Nawton has drifted like the Kon Tiki & is now 6/1 & I took at 7/2 the night before :eek However despite hanging right across the track he runs on well for 2nd to get me up & running place wise with the BOG kicking in. Memory Cloth who I have the small ew on also runs on from the back, 13 in this so I need the first three, where does he come? 4th He gets that wonderful form line....

Slowly into stride, held up, headway well over 1f out, ridden and kept on final furlong, nearest finish
Wonderful Charm makes a hash of the eleventh & Sam Twist does well to sit, heading up the straight & he's back in it & probably finishes best of the three in the photo but is still two necks down at the line. Another place though & the big one up next. First Lieutenant makes early mistakes & gets behind, he gets round but never gets involved. Night in Milan looks like he may have a chance having made good headway coming away from the Canal turn the second time but he runs out of gas from three out & is 18th. I'm getting excited when the Druids Nephew takes up up after the second Valentine's & he appears to be tanking along in front but he falls at the next having seemingly jumped the fence fine. Alvarado had been ridden closer this time but then dropped back a bit & seemed to be getting left behind from that second Valentine's & then he stayed on again. He's never getting to the leaders but runs on for 4th again & gets me the third place on the spin & most of the ew singles stake back. Many Clouds won well but I couldn't have had him after the Gold Cup, they did well to look after him when he went jelly legged too. I thought Balthazar King had also paid the price when the screens went round after his fall at the Canal Turn first time round, then the reports were that he was up & being treated on the track.
Philip Hobbs, said on Sunday morning: "He's in the equine hospital in Liverpool and was comfortable last night. "They think he's probably broken some ribs. Hopefully he'll be okay."
Here, here :hope What I need now is Domello Mo to make the first four & I'll have a place fourtimer, a place treble & another place double to go with the one that Wonderful Charm & Alvarado have landed. This is not on the telly so I get it up on the radio on Betfair. The form line sums it up perfectly...
Held up in midfield, ridden approaching 3 out, never involved (op 12/1)
The place double returns 3.25pts of the 8pt stake. Alvarado gets me 32.5pts back of the 39pts on the ew singles. Singles etc W/R 3-16 Stakes 178pts Returns 242.5pts Profit/Loss +64.5pts Multiple bets Stakes 72pts Returns 64pts Profit/Loss -8pts Exacta/Trifecta -£4.80 The not sure what to call it but if it cops I’ll be on a beach somewhere with a cold drink in one hand & a hot blonde in the other bet Stakes 32pts Returns 33.09pts Profit/Loss +1.09pts Expenses £480 To my surprise my each way Derby punt Jamaica returns at Leopardstown today but not in the Ballysax where the current Derby jolly John F Kennedy takes on two rivals but in the 2000 Guineas trial instead. O'Brien had six in the Ballysax including Jamaica & five in the 2000 trial & I thought he might have two in each but just the sole runner in both. J F K looks a penalty kick but the other race looks a warm affair. Endless Drama hosed up in a 17 runner Naas maiden in October on his debut & could be anything, Cenotaph from O'Brien's was over 5l's 2nd. Zawraq beat O'Brien's Sir Isaac Newton on his sole start also in October. Parrish Boy beat yet another of O'Brien's Order of St George twice last year so he ought to have a handle on where Jamaica stands in the pecking order. I'm hoping for a good run to cement the positive market move for Epsom since I placed the bet, he's now a best of 16/1 from the 25/1. Can't see me going to Redcar tomorrow but Beverley & Ripon return on Wednesday & Thursday. Rio.

Re: Rio's Racing Diary I'm not sure what to make of the runs of both Jamaica & John F Kennedy on Sunday. Was it the ground? Were they both under cooked, it wouldn't be the first time something from Ballydoyle has flopped on return only to run stacks better NTO. If it's not that or a combination of that then they might just have a load of expensive rubbish this season. I would hope both leave that form well behind on their next start wherever that is. The flat season has it's real start today with the Craven meeting, well unless your going for the champion jockey crown. While I'll have an eye on proceedings there I'm heading off East where an interesting card kicks off Beverley for the year. A trixie plus singles & a possible poke at the two maidens that open the card after a look. 1.55 The Haggas debutante is out so unless one of the other two having a first start catches the eye something that's had a run is winning this. I can't have Landwade Lad, he's had five goes & ran like a one paced plodder every time. Kisumu & Tawaasheeh have similar profiles in that they made a promising debut & then flopped when a shade of odds on on their second run. Both are from powerful yards & have top owners. The other one with a promising run is Al Nehayy who was a 2.l's 4th on his sole start at Lingfield over 12f's in February. The drop back in trip here should suit & he sports blinkers this time. Something would have to jump out at me in the parade ring here I suspect. 2.30 I have to say I was quite surprised to see two from O'Meara's in this 2yo maiden, they don't have many & to run two in an ordinary race like this seemed odd & with Tudhope on Halsall I'm less than gobsmacked the First Bombardment has defected. It wouldn't surprise to see Halsall run well, he had no name when I went on the stable visit but it was mentioned that they had one for the Armstrong's that was quite well forward. Richard Fahey has won this three times in the last 10 years but not in the last five & has had three 2yo's win from just five starts this season so Cotton Camera & Carribean Charm have to be worth a look. Kevin Ryan's are another that need looking at but on breeding Taking Libertys would probably need further. I'm looking forward to casting the eye over these. 3.05 The formula for these big field 5f sprints used to be look at what's bagged the stall on the far rail (which is now stall 1) & if it races up near the pace or leads then back it. Now I've been thinking for a while that the powers that be at Beverley are selectively watering & putting more on the far rail. Last year at one meeting almost every winner was taken off the golden highway which used to be unthinkable unless the ground was soft or worse in which case tacking over to the stands rail was the way. Good ground here & the pretty classy Bogart has bagged trap 1, he likes to be close to the pace & can lead & this is a lower level than he usually contests. Last backend he was placed in the Portland, the Ayr Silver Cup & another decent event at Doncaster & I'll take him in this. 3.40 Another I noted on the stable visit was Spryt who'd arrived at the yard from Dermot Weld's. He ran last Monday at Redcar but was a skinny price at 5/2 against a well bred sort from Bin Suroor's so I left him alone. He drifted to 9/2 & was just held by the Godolphin newcomer & now he goes in this handicap. He was quite highly tried as a 2yo but was well beaten in a handicap at Dundalk off 4lb more than here & I don't think he looks that well handicapped in a race that has several unexposed sorts from top yards. I'll swerve him & the race & he'll probably dot up by half the track. 4.15 Another handicap with some progressive looking sorts from big yards but most of the form is from the aw. I'm going to go with Mister Rockandroll from Mark Johnston's, the yard seems to have made a good start & have won this race three times from five runners lately. Can get out of stall 2 in front & try to make all. 4.50 More aw form from the main contenders here. Marco Botti won this last year & runs Aabir who won his maiden on debut at Wolves in November, apart from the 3rd who won at Redcar on Monday nothings really run from that race & it's hard to know what to make of that form. Antiquarium beat Martiniquaise by a length & a quarter giving her 5lb when winning his maiden also at Wolves LTO. 3lb worse off here & she did win at Southwell afterwards but I think Antiquarium can beat here again in this. Stoute's always need respecting round here but Voice Control flopped when a short price in a Salisbury maiden when last seen & looks one of the stables lesser lights. Bet Bogart 9/2 Mister Rockandroll 7/2 Antiquarium 9/4 1pt trixie plus 3x 2pt singles =10pts staked, Hills BOG Rio.

Re: Rio's Racing Diary Ripon today so a two day round up probably tomorrow. A single, a lucky 15 at Ripon & Newmarket & some 2yo's to look at to start off. 1.55 Tim Easterby has a good record in this fillies maiden having had five winners & two placed from 11 runners in the last 10 years. He had two in here but Copacobana has come out leaving him with Zeeda who cost 9k Euros & is a half sister to a 5f winner, the main concern would be the form of the yard, they've had 16 runners since the turf season kicked off & have yet to hit the scoreboard although only one 2yo has run. Of the two that have run Blue Smoke was well beaten but Smart Mover was beaten under 4l's in the Scottish Brocklesby & should know more today, the 43 speed figure I gave her for that is nothing much though. Richard Fahey's 2yo's have started well although Cotton Camera let me down yesterday so Hyland Heather needs a look. Ann Duffield's two 2yo runners have been 3rd & 2nd & the yard is seven from 32 here with 2yo's. Karl Burke's four from nine with his 2yo's since he got the licence back from his other half. The Dods stable is also in decent nick. As always a good look beforehand is the order of the day. 3.05 It's safe to say I'm not Mark Johnston's number one fan, however I was impressed by the win of Master of Finance in a class 2 at Ponty last week & he runs here under a 6lb pen. Last week he was well backed, today he's drifting like all four legs have fallen off never mind one, I took 11/2 last evening & as I write I could have some 17/2. Of the O'Meara trio Chancery would look the best handicapped but I think he may need 12f's now. Flows a C&D winner which I like here but may be a few pounds too high in the weights. Lesha was given a lot to do in the Spring Mile but this may be too far for him. Spirit of the Law needs a career best even with the useful 5lb claim of Jack Garrity. Is a 6lb swing enough for Silvery Moon to turn round the 3.5l's with Master of Finance from last week? I don't think so. Innocent Touch wants further for me & the rest look exposed or badly handicapped. Master of Finance ought to be thereabouts but if Johnston's don't win then the search party is usually out looking for them & with the drift I now fear the latter. 3.30 Newmarket There are three running at Newmarket today that I was involved with in one way or another at the Lincoln meeting & the first of these is Astaire who I backed when runner up in the Cammidge. He rather ran into one there I think & had the rest beat fair & square & ought to be spot on here but I have deserted him in favour of Music Master who ran two screamers in the Diamond Jubilee & the Haydock Sprint where he had Astaire behind him both times. Track & ground are fine & a run near to the Haydock one sees him win this. 3.40 I was at Ripon last season & had a small ew on Little Lady Katie when she got up on the line & won at 50/1. I'm expecting Frank who still has a small share in her to be there today & I have backed her again, having said that she's also on the slide but the step up to a mile should suit & the last run in October was pretty smart form. The jolly is Weld al Emarat who won a class 5 maiden on his sole start at Southwell in December where the form has taken a few knocks since & it's a right hold jump to a class 3 off top weight here from the bare form of that. Tadqeeq won a Wolverhampton maiden on his third start which again is nowt special & then ran a length 3rd in a valuable Musselburgh handicap on Good Friday. The better ground here should help but the 4lb rise won't. Al Bandar needs to find a bit more from last season's form & is the second runner from the now training ex Godolphin man Simon Crisford, interesting to see how he gets on. Iniwin needs losing the dangly bits to spark a return to form having lost his way last season. 4.05 Newmarket The second of the Doncaster runners I was involved with is Hail the Hero, or I should say I wasn't involved with because I left him alone having had him flagged up for the maiden he won there. I knew he was in the 2000 Guineas but I never expected him to fetch up in the Craven stakes today which is a Group 3 & a trial for the big one. It's a fair old leap in class which is why he's probably the outsider of the seven at 25/1, I can't see him winning this & I'm leaving him & the race alone & I'm hoping I'm not cursing come around 4.10pm. 4.15 Also flagged up at the Stable visit was Signore Piccolo who was with Eric Alston last season & after winning a small nursery at Catterick he followed up at Nottingham in a class 4 for which he was stuck up 11lbs. He still ran alright after that & in fact went up another 2lbs to 82, back down to 79 here & Josh Doyle knocks off 6lb, trips fine, he'll like the easy ground & stall 9 is a reasonable draw & he's my single today. 4.40 Newmarket The third of the Town Moor trio is Mondialiste who was a belting 2nd for me in the Lincoln. He's bunged up to a Group 3 here over a furlong more & while he ought to run well again I'm looking elsewhere. French Navy was a good 2nd in this last year & goes well fresh. He landed a hat trick last season with the last of those a Listed event at Newmarket in November having had a five month break so again the lack of a run seems no problem. Glory Awaits has to give them all 5lb which won't help him & possibly the one to beat might be Arod who ran well in some good races last season but he did run too freely at times & he may do so here FTO. Bets Master of Finance 11/2 Music Master 5/2 Little Lady Katie 9/2 French Navy 5/2 1pt lucky 15 Signore Piccolo 20pts @ 4/1, all Hills, all BOG Rio.

Re: Rio's Racing Diary A two day round up. Beverley Wednesday While it's hardly cracking the flags I decide to wear my lighter coat, mistake it's bloody well freezing. The first race is the 3yo maiden. The notes for pre race on my card read... Al Nehayy, Need it? He looks a bit tubby. Kisumu, Nowt Special. Tawaasheeh, ok, bit warm between the back legs With the latter he may do this all the time, the fact that my teeth are chattering is a clue that it's not the weather. Here come the jocks. Hang on, here comes the jock, it's Graham Lee on his tod, up he gets & goes down early, big negative for me that. A walk to the ring & Tawaasheen is 11/8, no thanks & no bet. Away they go & Al Nehayy is soon in front & makes all until the 20/1 shot Briardale passes him a furlong out & wins. Al Nehayy is 2nd & if he did need that will win soon I suspect. Kisumu is 3rd, one paced. Landwade Lad is next, flattered at two out & one paced. Tawaasheeh is next, too keen, didn't come down the hill & found nil when asked to close. Post race comments.... Kisumu, dodgepot Landwade Lad, dodgepot Tawaasheeh, serious dodgepot. Next up it's the 2yo's. Again pre race. Caribbean Charm, quite small. Halsall, nowt special. Taking Libertys, ok. Crosses for Thee and Me & Workaday. Cotton Camera gets a tick & Pick. In the betting ring & Halsall, Cotton Camera & King's Mimic who is neither a negative nor a positive for me are vying to be favourite. 5/1 Cotton Camera seems fair enough & I strike a bet, I'm surprised that Caribbean Charm is as short as 6/1. At the off King's Mimic & Cotton Camera are 4/1jtf's. Caribbean Charm plays up on loading & chucks Jack Garrity off twice & is withdrawn. The stalls open & Cotton Camera ducks out left & stumbles losing ground & never really gets in it. Halsall breaks well & leads, he's still in front in the final furlong when Taking Libertys flies pass his outside to win going away. Taking Libertys gets a speed number of 43 which is nothing special. Next up is the sprint handicap. Bogart is backed into 9/4 & I'm on at twice that. Barnet Fair rears up as the stalls open & belts off leaving Adrian Nicholls behind. As they arrive at the furlong marker the only one heading Bogart is the pilotless Barnet Fair but Bogart can't stay there & is 3rd. I watch the Free Handicap at Newmarket on the big screen where Faydhan goes off at 1/2 having won his only start in eye catching style last year & he is the second in the betting for the 2000 Guineas. He is a one paced 3rd of five & never looks like winning & the classic dream seems to have died. Next here is the race with Spyrt in. I am determined not to get involved & don't. He's always handy & hits the front heading to the last furlong....... & then Montefalcon nips up the inside in the last 100 yards to win by a length, right decision. I like the look of Mister Rockandroll in the next, the market likes the look of him too & by the time I get to the ring he's 9/4 & shortens up to 2/1 at the off. He's prominent & is close enough if good enough at three out, he isn't & plods on for 5th. This is not going well, however having looked at them before I'd got the idea I might back him again if the price was anywhere near the 7/2 I'd got the night before, it wasn't so I dodged making it worse. Martiniqiaise has come out of the next so if Antiquarium can win I'm getting rule 4'd. Now I have this as between him & Aabir, when I look at them before hand it's a no contest, Aabir has a bit of a belly on him while when the rug comes off Antiquarium looks the part. There's one board going 15/8 & while I'm not supposed to be backing below 2's I'm having that, at he off he's 13/8. He tracks the leader & off the bend into the straight at just before three out he's cruising while Luke Morris is shoving away at Aabir, what will Antiquarium find when asked? Plenty, Philip Makin says go just before the furlong pole & he soon puts clear blue water between him & the rest. He's easing up at the line with Aabir 2nd, that one will strip fitter NTO. The Stoute runner Voice Control is 3rd & looks one to swerve. 6pts of the 10pt stake back after the rule 4 & a small cash profit from that bet. Thursday Ripon. I've gone back to the bigger coat with the inevitable outcome that it's a sight warmer than yesterday :eyes Straight away I run into Frank who's here for little Lady Katie, the owners also have Sakhee's Return in the race & apparently both trainers are sounding bullish. We cast an eye over the 2yo fillies for the first. One that takes the eye is French with my comment being "Crikey she's a big girl" She's also being a bit of a madam, the lad with her is getting pulled all over the shop going round the parade ring. She's twice the size of some of these but the antics are off putting & Mel Brittain is not renowned for FTO winners. I'm not keen on the Fahey filly & the one that had the modest speed number from Musselburgh looks nowt much either. When the jocks get up & the rug comes off Millennium Falcon I decide she's the one. A wander to the boards & a bet is struck at 8/1. She goes off at 6's but walks out of the stalls & is outpaced at the back & never gets involved. It looks like Fahey's Hyland Heather is winning & then 50 yards out one scoots by her, what is it? Why it's the French madam of course at 14/1, hey oh. I've nothing in the next which is won by O'Meara with Intisaab which I now recall is the one I backed on the Sunday at the Lincoln meeting where he managed to beat three of the 18 runners home & he wins here at 9/1. Now we have Master of Finance, what did I write....

It's safe to say I'm not Mark Johnston's number one fan, however I was impressed by the win of Master of Finance in a class 2 at Ponty last week & he runs here under a 6lb pen. Last week he was well backed, today he's drifting like all four legs have fallen off never mind one, I took 11/2 last evening & as I write I could have some 17/2. Master of Finance ought to be thereabouts but if Johnston's don't win then the search party is usually out looking for them & with the drift I now fear the latter.
He goes off at 9/1 :eek Here's the form line....
Soon chasing leaders, driven 3f out, soon lost place, behind when eased closing stages (op 8/1)
He's absolutely stone last, last week backed right in & wins, here drifts right out & stinks the place out. I'm fizzing, I can't write what I say, Frank looks quite shocked by my outburst, a few minutes later when I've calmed down a bit I apologize. The stewards have a word, anybody care to guess what the outcome was?
The Stewards considered the running of MASTER OF FINANCE (IRE), ridden by Joe Fanning and trained by Mark Johnston, which finished unplaced. They noted the trainer’s representative could offer no explanation for the gelding’s performance. They ordered MASTER OF FINANCE (IRE) to be routine tested.
Yep the usual, sweep it under the carpet, say bugger all & move on, it's not good enough. The well handicapped Chancery wins in style. Frank's in with Little Lady Katie next, there's seven in the race & every one of them looks a picture. This Weld al Emarat of Kevin Ryan's that won the Southwell nothing race on his sole start in December is a right monster, I'm half looking for a fence for him to jump. Frank heads into the parade ring, there's a bookies on the far side so I head there to watch the Abernant at Newmarket. Astaire leads early, makes every post a winning one & scores at 9/2 :eyes Music Master is there if good enough at the furlong pole but plugs on for 3rd, get on next time everybody. I'm heading for the stands when Little Lady Katie wins best turned out :lol She breaks well & tracks the lead in third but when asked at two out finds nothing & she beats one home. She ran poorly FTO last year & maybe she just needs a run & some sun on her back. The beast that is Weld al Emarat is one place in front of her at 5/4f :eek Even I'm not stupid enough to play at that sort of price, cue the stewards again...
The representative of Kevin Ryan, the trainer of WELD AL EMARAT, placed fifth, reported that the colt was unsuited by the track.
I can accept that never mind the fact he was whacked up in class. If Hail the Hero wins at Newmarket I'm taking a header off the stands, he saves my bacon by beating one home. He's the only one longer in the market than the winner Kool Kompany & several more classic bubbles go pop. I need Signore Piccolo & Josh Doyle to bale me out. He's well backed into 5/2, there's a non runner & I'm not sure if I'll get rule 4'd. He looks ok, there's one going out early which is last years winner Ruby's Day & there's an horrible moment in the chute out of the parade ring when she spooks badly, gets rid of Jordan Vaughan in a nasty tumble & then she lashes out out kicks a section out of the fence. Thankfully Jordan bounces back up & helps the lass control her & they take her back in the ring to get checked over. The fence is hastily put back up, Ruby's Day is ok & is led out to be mounted on the track. The rest are now following & the lad with Signore Piccolo also does a fine job in getting him out to the track when he starts to play up. It is a narrow exit but there's not usually that much bother. More drama while loading when Majestic Manannan gets rid of Megan Nicholls & is withdrawn with Megan injured but there's no reports of it being anything serious :hope Signore Piccolo breaks well & tracks the leaders, past halfway & he's clearly travelling well, just a brief worry when Josh has to switch him to get a run but he wins cosy enough by three parts. I needed that, back to the winners for pictures. Frank says his goodbyes, I wander through to the front of the stands & lean on the rail to watch the Earl of Sefton on the big screen. French Navy is held up, Buick has to switch him round the field to get a run but he quickens up smartly & scores in style at an SP of 3/1, bonus. Mondialiste is a good 3rd with Arod in between, I suspect that Mondialiste may prove hard to place, he went up 5lbs to 110 for the Lincoln 2nd & handicaps look a tall order now, they may have to look at Listed races abroad. The next race is decent but getting out of Ripon can be a pain so it's exit stage left in a much better frame of mind. The lucky 15 returned 7pts from the one winner, a check when I return home & no rule 4 from Signore Piccolo either so the full 100pts back for 20pts staked. Singles etc W/R 4-17 Stakes 198pts Returns 342.5pts Profit/Loss +144.5pts Multiple bets Stakes 97pts Returns 77pts Profit/Loss -20pts Exacta/Trifecta -£4.80 The not sure what to call it but if it cops I’ll be on a beach somewhere with a cold drink in one hand & a hot blonde in the other bet Stakes 32pts Returns 33.09pts Profit/Loss +1.09pts Expenses £500 I would think a run out to Thirsk tomorrow will be next for me. Cotton Camera Cotton%20Camera_zpstjedzrwv.jpg Taking Libertys Taking%20Libertys_zps4q3hyhoy.jpg The riderless Barnet Fair leads them home Finish_zpsnckknl2z.jpg Montefalcon nuts Spryt Finish2_zpsnb01xrdf.jpg Antiquarium Antiquarium_zpsmngkuhoc.jpg Chancery Chancery_zpssysmghp8.jpg Little Lady Katie Little%20Lady%20Katie_zpsp7affugr.jpg Josh Doyle & Signore Piccolo Josh%20amp%20Signore%20P_zpsgyg2qwam.jpg Signore Piccolo Signore%20Piccolo_zpsq06hogcc.jpg Rio.

Re: Rio's Racing Diary A run to Thirsk today, I did text Mowgli to see if he was coming but he's going to Sheff U with Bradford, apparently it was booked before Tuesday 6-0 home defeat to Bristol City, enjoy ;) A single, a trixie plus singles & the usual Saturday poke at a biggy which takes in Ayr & Newbury as well as Thirsk. Newbury 1.15 The two that head the market here are totally unexposed, Mahsoob who a Kempton maiden at a mile in November should stay this 10f's & could be anything. However I like Luca Cumani's Lunasea (great name) for this, 4th over C&D on debut in October & then won at Lingfield at this trip in November. Just the sort that Cumani does well with & at the prices is the pick. Thirsk 2.10 Echo of Lightning won an amateur riders handicap when last seen in October, goes well fresh though & the 3lb rise seems fair enough, likes to be up near the pace & can lead so the draw in two is ideal, only 15 now so three places :( Ayr 2.25 I had Sign of a Victory as one going places after he won a valuable Ascot handicap on the bridle in November. He then went to the Xmas Hurdle where he was 30+ lengths behind Faugheen & then a similar distance behind Blue Heron in the Kingwell at Wincanton. In the first race he was probably out classed but also I think he didn't go on the ground & most certainly that was the reason for the poor show at Wincanton. Unless it's been over watered he's back on faster going here & I'm hoping he can get back on track with a win. Newbury 2.50 I'll be watching Tiggy Wiggy in the Fred Darling but here in the Greenham I'm going to stiffen my old mate Hamdan's Estidhkaar. He needs to bounce back from a below par effort in the Dewhurst but he may have had enough by then & before that he looked really smart & clocked good times. The Dewhurst winner Belardo was behind Estidhkaar at Doncaster & the slower ground at Newmarket may have suited him more, quicker here & the hood he wore in the Dewhurst is off here. Ivawood beat Belardo at Newmarket in the July stakes & the softer going may have been why he was just nosed out of the Middle park, will he stay? Thirsk 3.20 I'm loathe to desert Comino who's three from three here & who I've backed before but stall 13 puts me off. I'll take Our Boy Jack who does need a career best but he likes it here & is well drawn in 3, Jack Garritty helps by knocking 5lb off too. Ayr 3.45 I was slightly disappointed with Sego Success in the four miler at the festival but that wasn't a handicap & i'll give him another go in the Scottish National. Before that last run he'd won at Wetherby & Warwick looking like this sort of trip was right up his street, maybe he prefers a flatter track because he didn't seem to like Chepstow that much before those two wins either. This track should suit & he can put that last run behind him off a nice racing weight. Thirsk 4.30 Elidor won this race last year off 8lb less & should go well again but I'll go with Dark Ruler who was 2.75l's behind in 2nd that day & is 6lbs better off here. He won at Ponty in October but then got bogged down on the heavy ground in the November handicap where they were strung out like washing. He's had a run at Chelmsford where again I suspect the surface may well have not been to his liking & that ought to have him spot on for this. Thirsk 5.05 I thought that O'Meara had got a 2yo for Qatar racing this season but it's the 3yo Cool Strutter who was with Richard Hannon. He broke his duck at the third try for them with a win in a 5f maiden on good at Sandown, he was quite highly tried then running in four Listed races at York twice, Ayr & finally at Longchamp & while he failed to place he wasn't disgraced. This is a drop in class on his first go for the stable & while he has to give them all weight he should be ready to run a big race. Thirsk 5.40 I'm taking Thatcherite here. He's down to a good mark again & the run over 7f's at Wolves last week will have sharpened him up for this. The drop back to 6f's is not a problem & I like Tony Hamilton at this track. Thirsk 6.15 It would be rare for me to stay for the last here because getting out of the field that poses as a car park can be a nightmare, plenty of stewards waving at you when you arrive but it's a free for all after racing. However this is the race with the day's single in & therefore I shall be staying until the end. The one I'm on is another that was pointed out on the recent visit to David O'Meara's & is Harwoods Volante. He's arrived from Amanda Perrett having looked to have lost his way from around this time last year, he'd won a Salisbury maiden on good as a 2yo & then ran well winning & placing at Lingfield & Kempton as a 3yo last year but then he ran poorly in several races on turf & the aw from mid April. Still only a 4yo so he has time on his side & he's very well handicapped on his aw form if they can find the key to him, they're not exactly tilting at windmills starting off in this race & I'm hoping he can make a winning start for the stable. Bets Our Boy Jack 11/1 Dark Ruler 10/1 Thatcherite 7/1 1pt trixie + 3 x 2pt singles = 10pts staked, Betvictor BOG 20pts @ 11/2 Harwoods Volante, Betfair Sportsbook BOG 1. Lunasea 6/1 2. Echo of Lightning 13/2 3. Sign of a Victory 6/1 4. Estidhkaar 6/1 5. Sego Success 14/1, 5 places 6. Cool Strutter 7/1 Cover these in six doubles, six trebles, three fourtimers & the sixtimer using the following plan. 16 bets@ 0.25pts each way = 8pts staked, Bet365 BOG. [TABLE=class: cms_table_cms_table_cms_table, width: 453]

[TR] [TD]1[/TD] [TD]X[/TD] [TD]X[/TD] [TD][/TD] [TD][/TD] [TD][/TD] [TD][/TD] [TD]X[/TD] [TD]X[/TD] [TD]X[/TD] [TD][/TD] [TD][/TD] [TD][/TD] [TD]X[/TD] [TD]X[/TD] [TD][/TD] [TD]X[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD]2[/TD] [TD][/TD] [TD][/TD] [TD]X[/TD] [TD]X[/TD] [TD][/TD] [TD][/TD] [TD]X[/TD] [TD][/TD] [TD][/TD] [TD]X[/TD] [TD]X[/TD] [TD][/TD] [TD]X[/TD] [TD]X[/TD] [TD][/TD] [TD]X[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD]3[/TD] [TD]X[/TD] [TD][/TD] [TD][/TD] [TD][/TD] [TD]X[/TD] [TD][/TD] [TD][/TD] [TD]X[/TD] [TD][/TD] [TD]X[/TD] [TD]X[/TD] [TD][/TD] [TD]X[/TD] [TD][/TD] [TD]X[/TD] [TD]X[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD]4[/TD] [TD][/TD] [TD][/TD] [TD]X[/TD] [TD][/TD] [TD][/TD] [TD]X[/TD] [TD][/TD] [TD][/TD] [TD]X[/TD] [TD]X[/TD] [TD][/TD] [TD]X[/TD] [TD]X[/TD] [TD][/TD] [TD]X[/TD] [TD]X[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD]5[/TD] [TD][/TD] [TD][/TD] [TD][/TD] [TD]X[/TD] [TD][/TD] [TD]X[/TD] [TD]X[/TD] [TD]X[/TD] [TD][/TD] [TD][/TD] [TD][/TD] [TD]X[/TD] [TD][/TD] [TD]X[/TD] [TD]X[/TD] [TD]X[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD]6[/TD] [TD][/TD] [TD]X[/TD] [TD][/TD] [TD][/TD] [TD]X[/TD] [TD][/TD] [TD][/TD] [TD][/TD] [TD]X[/TD] [TD][/TD] [TD]X[/TD] [TD]X[/TD] [TD][/TD] [TD]X[/TD] [TD]X[/TD] [TD]X[/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]

Re: Rio's Racing Diary By the time I get on the track yesterday I've missed the 1.15 at Newbury. The first thing to note is that while the sky is blue & the sun is shining it's not as warm as it looks, especially in the shaded areas. This time last year I was busy falling out with Thirsk, unless your paying extra for a premier badge your a complete nobody here with the facilities near the parade ring here comprising of the ancient & rather grotty Gents toilet close to the weighing room. That's my lot, no bars, but then I'm driving & it's overpriced anyway, no betting shop & I can't cut through between the stands I don't have the required badge. So it's a trek along behind the stands to the Betfred in what would have been the back of the old silver ring area, this is where the ones who are more interested in getting plastered are herded with the usual assault on the eardrums of foul mouthed garbage. I poke my nose in Betfred's Lunasea is not in the first four at Newbury, a look later & he was 6th having raced too keen & fading late, not the best start. Another trudge back to the parade ring area where Echo of Lightning looks alright. I can get in the end of the stand which is past the winning post & so far away from the big screen that I would need my binoculars to see anything but I go up there. Echo of Lightning breaks well from the 7f start & grabs the lead, he's still there off the bend into the around 3f's straight but is soon back peddling & ends up 9th. Birdman who's another having a first start for O'Meara wins with Tudhope peeking back between his legs in the last furlong & this one will have a chunk of lead added NTO. In terms of Thirsk that's about as good as it gets. I wander back up behind the stand & take up a spot on the old silver ring stand where I can watch the Fred Darling & there are not too many beer guzzling gobs*&$%'s Tiggy Wiggy is 3rd & never looks like winning, classic plans ditched I suspected & a return to sprinting, Temple stakes at Haydock? I stay here for Sign of a Victory at Ayr, after the last & he's in a ding dong with Cheltenian up the run in, I'm urging him to go past but he won't & is beaten a neck. Sign of a Victory clearly has talent but looks a bridle horse & will be hard to place now. I've not had time to trek back to look at the 3yo maiden field here, by the time the Ayr race is over they're already loading them up. Excilly wins at evens from Tom Dascombe & Kieren Fallon who seems to have abandoned the switch to the States. I might as well stay here for the Greenham. Estidhkaar leads but is joined by another of Hamdan's Muhaarar in the final furlong & is beaten a neck with the pair four & a half lengths clear of the disappointing Ivawood. This means I have selections 3 & 4 placed so I'll have some interest in the last two legs. Another traipse back to the parade ring for a look at Our Boy Jack & then all the way back again to watch the race. He's 10th, the form line says it all....

Always towards rear
I might as well stay here again fot the Scottish National. Sego Success is in the leading trio for about three of the four miles but then suddenly is going up & down on the spot, he pulls up before four out. The class 3 conditions stakes at Thirsk is now down to three runners & I have no interest so I wander off in search of an internet signal to check up on the football scores. The best spot for this is by the pre parade so I stay there while that race is run & await the runners for the 4.30. Dark Ruler looks quite nice actually, I decide to watch from the end of the stand beyond the post again, he manages to beat a sole rival in coming 9th of the ten runners. Not long after I hear them asking for Alan Swinbank or his rep, I've looked at the BHA site expecting the usual "No explanation" stuff but it seems that it wasn't the run of the horse that concerned the stewards....
The Stewards held an enquiry following a report from the Clerk of the Scales that David Allan, the rider of DARK RULER (IRE), unplaced, had weighed in at 8st 13lb having weighed out at 8st 11lb. They interviewed the rider, Alan Swinbank, the trainer and the Clerk of the Scales. Having heard their evidence the Stewards found the rider in breach of Rule (B)67.4.3 and suspended him for 1 day as follows: Monday 4 May 2015.
Bugger he was 2lb over weight, he was only beaten the 9.75l's, I'd have won that if he'd had the right weight :p On a more serious note I see that later on in race eight.....
The Stewards held an enquiry following a report from the Clerk of the Scales that Adrian Nicholls, the rider of INDEGO BLUES, placed second, had weighed in at 9st 1lb having weighed out at 8st 13lb. They interviewed the rider, David Nicholls, the trainer and the Clerk of the Scales. Having heard their evidence the Stewards found the rider in breach of Rule (B)67.4.3 and suspended him for 3 days as follows: Monday 4, Tuesday 5 and Wednesday 6 May 2015.
Same 2lb over weight, same rule broken so why does Nicholls get three days & Allan one & what are these jockeys doing after they've weighed out? Cool Strutter can still get me a place double, all I need is 3rd at worst.....
Always towards rear
11th of 12, perhaps I should just go home? Thatcherite is up next.
Dwelt and towards rear, headway over 2f out, soon ridden and no impression approaching final furlong
6th of nine, is that what you call an improvement? Last but not least is Harwoods Volante, I've wandered back up to in front of the stands, there's a few baled out now & a bit more room, on the boards he's 100/30 & goes off at 3/1. The main danger according to the market is Kieren Fallon on Clubland, I'm encouraged by the market support for mine & also by the fact that Clubland as gone down early which I always see as a negative. Clubland wins by just the 4.5l's which is a long way in a sprint race, Harwoods Volante is.....
Chased leaders, ridden along 2f out, gradually weakened
Time to do battle with the car park & I'm heading straight for the nearest exit. To my surprise I'm third in line to get out of the car park gate & soon heading for the A1. After enjoying my racing & having a win or two lately that was a poor day, I have to say that if I never see Thirsk racecourse again it might be a bit too soon, they race there the first three Saturdays in May & I'm already looking at elsewhere. No return then from yesterdays smallish outlay. Singles etc W/R 4-18 Stakes 218pts Returns 342.5pts Profit/Loss +124.5pts Multiple bets Stakes 107pts Returns 77pts Profit/Loss -30pts Exacta/Trifecta -£4.80 The not sure what to call it but if it cops I’ll be on a beach somewhere with a cold drink in one hand & a hot blonde in the other bet Stakes 40pts Returns 33.09pts Profit/Loss -6.91pts Expenses £510 I may take in Ponty tomorrow after a look later. Echo of Lightning Echo%20of%20Lightning_zpsndly2ixn.jpg Dark Ruler Dark%20Ruler_zpsfcoxtfy7.jpg Harwoods Volante Harwoods%20Volante_zpsusbgqb1j.jpg Rio