** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

UEFA Europa League 11th of March

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: UEFA Europa League 11th of March

Does anyone see Rubin vs Wolfsburg = Under 2.5 tonight? I respect your opinion above Blackcrow, however part of me really sees this game being very tight. The conditions at Rubin Kazan are tough for any visiting team as proven by Barca's poor showing there, combined with key injuries for both teams mentioned above could mean this one becomes a bit of a stalemate. Also its worth noting that all of Rubin's home games in the Champions League this season were unders (0-0 barca, 0-0 kiev, 1-1 inter) and I think Wolfsburg can put up a similar fight. Any thoughts?
Does anyone agree with me here or am I way off?

Draw = No Bet, so it's going out of your combo, you going to win only with straight win, like you only bet single match for me today excellent matches are Panathinaikos win and Lille-Liverpool O2.5 even with med-hi stakes, imo no sense to take other matches which are unpredictable for me and can lower my potential earning Panathinaikos -0.75 Lille - Liverpool Over2.5
Thanks

Re: UEFA Europa League 11th of March With regard to the Juve corner bet, it is not one I would immediately like to take. Although I do not have any stats on how many corners Juventus tend to get each match, their set up is not one I would associate with lots of corners. It seems as though they will play Trez and Del upfront with Diego in the hole, or Canfreva and Diego both supporting Trez up front alone. Whatever the slight differences in the line-up the formation will more than likely be 3 in the middle of midfield, or if it is a four they still lack any good wingers to take the ball past defenders to the byline. Having said that, this is not the only way to win corners, and I do hope that they cover the 'cap for you guys by virtue of their dominance.

Alot of people on here are tipping many games to go over 2.5 tonight but i think it will be the oposite . I see many games going under as it is all first leg matches which are always tight games with both teams not wanting to be out of it before 2nd leg . Agree with people who are backing Liverpool as i just feel they will bounce back form Wigan game and put a performance on for everybody at the club . Everytime people write them off they produce a performance . Torres and Gerrard should play and will have to much class for a average Lille team . Also i agree with jase tip on the juventus corner handicap bet . We all know how fulham are going to set up tonight , they will be 11 men behind the ball and will soak up all the pressure from the home side . I could see Fulham going the whole game without getting a single corner to Juventus -3 corners at evs with Paddypower is a very good bet . :ok Also would not put anyone off the under 1.5 goals in the Fulham game at about 2/1 . P.s Only joined today after long time reading so be nice .
Hi! :welcome I have to say I agree with you... This is where the competition starts to get tighter and I think a lot of the teams could err on the side of caution, looking to sneak 1-0 wins and hold out for low scoring draws. I wouldn't be surprised if the following were unders: Juve v Fulham Hamburg v Anderlecht Rubin v Wolfsburg I'd be tempted to go for a sneaky bet on all of them going unders but they'll blatantly all end up overs haha.

The conditions were poor when they beat Haifa in the last round, and they won 3-0. Possible unders. I'd still back unders in these situations tbh. A harsh pitch. Dodgy weather conditions etc.

I agree with you, but regarding the match itself I really don't like the odds here. They are too short on Rubin in my opinion. I don't want to suggest anything but I will stay away. Wolfsburg have important absences in difense (which was their weak compartiment over the season) and Rubin in midfield. Goodluck with your pick. :ok

The conditions were poor when they beat Haifa in the last round' date=' and they won 3-0. Possible unders. I'd still back unders in these situations tbh. A harsh pitch. Dodgy weather conditions etc.[/quote'] I think you mean Tel Aviv? Yea you're right though... Still I'd rate Wolfsburg way above Tel Aviv for quality. Thanks for the response mate, glad you agree your tips have helped me out a lot in the past. ;)

I think you mean Tel Aviv? Yea you're right though... Still I'd rate Wolfsburg way above Tel Aviv for quality. Thanks for the response mate' date=' glad you agree your tips have helped me out a lot in the past. ;)[/quote'] Yeah, Tel Aviv. Definitely. No doubt, I'd say Wolfsburg are of better quality.

Latest news: Dzeko may not start tonight due to injury while training yesterday.He left training ground with pain but doctors not sure how serious is injury...
This is very interesting. It could change the perspective a lot. I will wait to see the official lines up and I will take Rubin if it's for real. I hope the odds won't drop till then.

Re: UEFA Europa League 11th of March Having looked at all of tonight's games I'm considering the following bets, but have no idea which ones I'm actually going to go for yet: Athletico Madrid v Sporting = Both teams to score Benfica v Marseille = Benfica WIN Juventus v Fulham = Under 2.5 Rubin Kazan v Wolfsburg = Under 2.5 Valencia v Werder Bremen = Both teams to score Lille v Liverpool = Liverpool to WIN Lille v Liverpool = Both teams to score Hamburg v Anderlecht = Under 2.5 Panathinaikos v Standard Liege = Panathinaikos to WIN Really unsure about the Liverpool game... Think the safest option is both teams to score, but even then might just completely leave it out. Opinions welcome! ;)

Sport Football (Eng - Cups)
Event Lille - Liverpool FC (+0)
Selection 2 (Asian Handicap)
Strength 10/10
Date 11/03/2010
Bookmaker/Price Pinnacle Sports @ 1.91 (Back)
Reasoning Hosts without their best striker Gervinho and important midfielder Debuchy. De Melo is also out for this match. Despite very solid home record in French league i can't see them getting anything from Liverpool who lost in Mondays game at Wigan 1-0. Benitez's job is under big questionmark and he has to go all the way in this competition and secure top 4 in EPL to save the season. Without mentioned players Lille is much weaker, and Liverpool is clearly a team with more quality. All in all, decent price for DNB option, i expected something between 1.75-1.80 at most. GL

With regard to the Juve corner bet' date=' it is not one I would immediately like to take. Although I do not have any stats on how many corners Juventus tend to get each match, their set up is not one I would associate with lots of corners. It seems as though they will play Trez and Del upfront with Diego in the hole, or Canfreva and Diego both supporting Trez up front alone. Whatever the slight differences in the line-up the formation will more than likely be 3 in the middle of midfield, or if it is a four they still lack any good wingers to take the ball past defenders to the byline. Having said that, this is not the only way to win corners, and I do hope that they cover the 'cap for you guys by virtue of their dominance.[/quote'] Juve have averaged 5.78 corners at home in serie a this season 5.23 away from home opponents have averaged 4.9 in serie a at the olimpico 4.8 when hosting juve Serie A is a less cornerish league than the EPL, averaging 10.3 corners/game compared to 11.1. Searching for a decent bet tonight but the europa league is a punters graveyard. Home wins seem to be the norm in first leg ties but there are some very fallible, odds-on favourites tonight. Benfica look to be a suspiciously good price.

Sport Football (Euro Cups)
Event Atletico Madrid - Sporting Lisabon
Selection Over 2,5
Strength 10/10
Date 11/03/2010
Bookmaker/Price Fonbet @ 1.95 (Back)
Reasoning Both teams have huge offensive capacity and leaky defense at the same time. This game is perhaps ideal for "both to score" option, but i'll take over 2,5 goals. Atletico have full squad to chose from while Sporting will miss Djalo and Pongolle who is cup tied. Both teams raised their game lately, Atletico is playing well, especially at home while visitors are coming into this match thanks to 3-0 win over Everton. I expect something like 2-2, 3-2... GL

I've been waiting for the bookies to price up this market, and now they have, I think the odds are criminally insane. Juventus - 2 corner handicap @ 1.83 - Stanjames. .........or................. Juventus - 3 corner handicap @ 2.1 - Skybet. Take your pick. The only occasion Fulham's opponents away from Craven Cottage in the Europa league have failed to beat a -3 corner handicap was against Vetra in the early qualifying rounds. I think we all remember Shakhtar racking up about ten corners by half time in Fulham's last Europa fixture. I see this as being another organised defensive away Europa league performance from Fulham. They still have injuries to contend with, and Danny Murphy being out is a major blow. I will be extremely surprised if they can achieve a result against Juventus.
Am all over the -3 for Juventus at even money with bet365 in a double with Hamburg which pays over 2/1. Can see Fulham frustrating but really think it will be backs against the wall stuff from them hoping to hit on the break

Event UEFA Europa League Winner 2010
Selection Liverpool (Each-Way)
Strength 5/10
Date 11/03/2010
Bookmaker/Price 5Dimes @ 6.60 (Back)
Reasoning Liverpool looks like the most serious contender left in the competition from several reasons; first is that they had horrible season so far and this is the only trophy they can win. Second is the fact that they already won Euro Cups before, and third one is that they posess more quality than any other team left in EL. Benitez needs to win top 4 spot in EPL and win EL if he wants to save this season, i believe they will be enough motivated for that. GL

Re: UEFA Europa League 11th of March Sport Football (Euro Cups) Event Lille with Liverpool Selection Draw Strength 10/10 Date 11/03/2010 Bookmaker/Price totesport @ 3.30 (Back) Reasoning Lille played unsteady last matches in Ligue 1,they losing on own land with Auxerre and only draw away with St Etienne.However,today I think the hosts can obtain a good result.Lille has a strong attack with Hazard or Frau and I guess can score 1 goal tonight.The other side,Liverpool will have full squad for this match,so will play again Fernando Torres and Steven Gerrard for guests.I think Liverpool would be satisified with a draw here,Lille being a inconvenience team when play on own land,so I expect in this match the draw,probably 1-1. Sport Football (Euro Cups) Event Kazan with Wolfsburg Selection Kazan Strength 10/10 Date 11/03/2010 Bookmaker/Price totesport @ 2.00 (Back) Reasoning On own land,Kazan obtained important results last year,such as the draws with Barcelona or Inter.Kazan is a strong team in Russia and I expect and here to make a good match.The other side,Wolfsburg played reasonable last time and I can say are in good form,so can be a spectacular match tonight.The hosts will force the victory ,for to have chances for qualification,while Wolfsburg I think will try to score here,they would be satisfied if will lost 1-2 og.Is possible so to be over 2,5 goals here,but I am sure that the hosts will win,so I pick on home team. Sport Football (Euro Cups) Event Hamburg with Anderlecht Selection Draw Strength 10/10 Date 11/03/2010 Bookmaker/Price 5Dimes @ 3.97 (Back) Reasoning For hosts will be some problems tonight,because will miss some important players,such as Guerrero or Boateng,the only striker probably will be Marcus Berg.However,will play Elia and Ze Roberto,this players can decide a match.The other side,Anderlecht are high morale for this game,they in Belgium will finish on first place and will not have problems with injuries.Boussoufa and Lukaku will be again the strikers for guests.I expect a balanced match,both teams I think will score here,but the qualification will be decided in Belgium,si I guess will be 1-1 here.

Re: UEFA Europa League 11th of March Hello gents, Some good write up's in here, well done and keep it up :clap Lille V Liverpool - Both teams to score @ 1.95 (Betfair) Lille (+0&+0.5) win @ 1.66 (betfair) Firstly, I have no idea how anyone can consider backing Liverpool (at the current odds) in an away European match at the moment, especially away to a team as solid as Lille generally are at home. What makes everyone think that Rafa's men are just going to all of a sudden 'click' and win in France tonight? Yes, bar the Wigan game they have been grinding out results recently, but they have not put in a comfortable or classy performance in months in my opinion, the team just doesnt seem to be geling at the moment, Gerrard is completely off form and looks frustrated and Torres is just getting match sharpness back, as was evident with some of his misses on Monday night. Not to mention this team played just 3 nights ago, fatigue may be an issue, especially for Torres as he is just coming back from injury so two games in four days may be a bit much for him? Secondly, Lille are strong force at home. I fancy them to at least score tonight. Sure tonight will be a different test of the French side, but so far this season they have dealt with anything and everything that has been thrown at them. Beat Genoa 3-0, scored 6 against Genk and found the net 8 times against Salvia Prague. Also they eliminated Fenerbache in the last round. They are unbeaten at home this seaosn in Europe having won 5 out of 6 matches and drawing the other to Valencia. They have only suffered one defeat in sixteen home European matches. I fancy Lille to find the net tonight at least once, Liverpool with Torres up front, no matter how fit he is, are always capable of scoring at least one aswell so both teams to score looks a decent shout @ 1.95 I cannot see Liverpool winning in France this evening though, especially given how they have been playing this season, so I am happy to take Lille with the draw on my side @ 1.66 Might be back with another selection soon If not, good luck gents :hope:ok

Event Juventus - Fulham
Selection Under 2,5
Strength 10/10
Date 11/03/2010
Bookmaker/Price totesport @ 1.80 (Back)
Reasoning Hodgson will probably chose a conservative approach and Juventus is quite inefficient lately. Zaccheroni wont go with all-in tonight, he has too much experience in such games and is well aware how much clean sheet at home means. In any case this should be the slowest game tonight, with both teams cancelling each other so under 2,5 is the most logical pick IMHO. GL.

Re: UEFA Europa League 11th of March Atletico v Sporting - both teams to score / 1.80 / bwin Its hard to predict an 1X2 outcome here , knowing how instable Atletico is this season. Instead the goal market looks quite easy . Sporting is rejuvanated now , with their game coming together after the good play theyve done on Everton . Since then theyve beaten Porto 3-0 , Everton 3-0 and Belenense 4-0... so they have goals in them . Madrid's defence is no good for nothing and the fast pace of Sporting i'm afraid would do them some serious damage . But they also have goals in them with Aguero and Forlan between the line and especially at home... and here's my bet . Lille v Liverpool - both teams to score / 1.95 / bet365 The odds have droped seriously for Lille but i am not so dare to be on them tonight . Despite their strong home record they had some problems in the last 2 games , loosing at home with Auxerre and drawing away with bottom table St. Etienne . They sure know to play football and that could damage a stiff Liverpool side but they are not so organized as a team and that could be the downside of them . Benitez on the other hand have a perfect control of the teams tactics and i'm sure they will be aiming for the 'away goal' cause no way they can lock themself in defence against the fluent Lilles footbal . Both teams to score would be my choice here . Hamburg v Anderlecht - under 2.5 / 1.90 / bet365 Dont see many goals between this two here . Hamburg is plaing rather conservative latetly , especialy at home.. while ive read some time ago from a belgian punter that Anderlecht's actual coach has set his tactis to have the defence as a baze for the teams play . Last five games for the german side in Europa has finished with under all over them... and also their last 3 in Bundesliga were categorically unders . Being the home team today i see them giving the tempo for this clash and and with these round being the quarters... e see both teams approaching cautios this meeting . Anderlecht hasnt made the trip on Bilbao a goal fest and i see them here with even fewer chance for doing that .

Re: UEFA Europa League 11th of March Lille v Liverpool team line ups: LILLE: -----------------Landreau--------------- Beria-------Chedjou----Rami-------Emerson ------------------Mavuba---------------- ---------Balmont----------Cabaye-------- --Hazard-------------------------Obraniak-- -------------------Frau------------------ LIVERPOOL: ------------------Reina-------------------- Johnson-----Agger------Carragher-----Insua ----------Mascherano---Lucas-------------- Kuyt-------------Gerrard-------------Babbel ------------------Torres---------------------

Re: UEFA Europa League 11th of March Sport Football (Euro Cups) Event Benfica with Marseille Selection Benfica Strength 10/10 Date 11/03/2010 Bookmaker/Price Pinnacle Sports @ 1.93 (Back) Reasoning For to have chances at qualification,the hosts must win tonight.And I guess are real chances for this objective,Benfica playing very well in last stages in Portugal and also in Europe League.And Marseille played reasonable last time,only last stage in France with Lorient was 1-1 ,but I guess was and unlucky for Marseille.Will be a balanced match,but I bet on hosts,the strikers Cardozo and Saviola being in good form.I think will be 2-1 the correct score or maybe only 1-0.However,home win here at limit. Sport Football (Euro Cups) Event Juventus with Fulham Selection Draw Strength 10/10 Date 11/03/2010 Bookmaker/Price Eurobet @ 3.80 (Back) Reasoning I know that Fulham is a good team in defensive,so Juventus will have difficulties here to score goals.Fulham eliminated on Sahtior Donetk and played very well in defensive.Juventus played unsteady in Serie A,losing home with Palermo,but winning away with Fiorentina.In this conditions,Fulham has real chances to obtain a positive result tonight and probably the best option for them should be the draw.Juventus will try to score,but the defenders from guests I think will do a great job.0-0 or 1-1 here.

Event Panathinaikos - Standard Liege
Selection Over 2,5
Strength 10/10
Date 11/03/2010
Bookmaker/Price Stan James @ 2.10 (Back)
Reasoning I know it's risky to take over in 1st leg at this stage but i disagree with these odds. This match has IMHO the biggest potential to end in 3 or more goals. Panathinaikos will be inspired playing in front their own crowd and will face a team which is quite inconsistent, but very talented and is able to give them lots of problems. Standard's defense is shaky but their offensive players are very dangerous. Also, PAO has huge fire power up front, especially Ninis and Cisse and both of them are in great form.

Re: UEFA Europa League 11th of March Pick Rubin-Wolfsburg Selection 0-2 Goals 1.75 Rubin Kazan is hard to beat at home.Wolfsbough play good and is overish team but this is the first time wolfsbourgh gona play in subzero temperature and thay dont know much abouth rubin.I think wolfsbourgh gona focus this time on maximum defence.both teams have important missings so this is other think why i like to play it 0-2 goals.Rubin Beatet cska in the cup on sunday so thay be tired.So bad waether -5,bad pitch,wolfsbourgh will travel 2000 kms to play this match ,important missing for both side smells like under 2 goals good luck to all.

Re: UEFA Europa League 11th of March my selections are: Kuyt to score anytime during the game Panathinaikos - Standard Over 2.5 goals Rubin to win and Juventus to win 2-0 I also believe that Hamburg - Anderlecht will have alot of goals since I believe both teams have a good chance of scoring. Especially if Anderlecht scores first, I think the rythm of the game will become very fast. Valencia is not in a good form lately and Werder is one of the most unpredictable teams in Europe so this is certainly a no bet for me.

How many times have we said that? Lille Vs Liverpool [under 1.5 goals] Bet365 @ 3.00 Lille Vs Liverpool [under 2.5 goals] Bet365 @ 1.61 I can't see Liverpool attacking with too much venom in this game. They know they have two legs here and i think Rafa will be more and more concerned about going out of the competition, the more his team fails in the Premiership.I expect Liverpool to finish the job at Anfield. I fancy a 0-0 or 1-0 either way here. Juventus / Benfica [Double] Bet365 @ 3.00 Both sides are strong at Home. Fulham i think were quite fortunate in their last round game. Shakhtar were all over Fulham, especially in the first leg, and if it wasnt for a superb finish from Zamora it might of been different.Juventus do have injuries to Buffon,Chiellini and Amauri, however Fulham also have their own injuries with Johnson, Murphy and Dempsey out. I just think Juventus will be too strong here. Benfica have played 11 home games in this season and won 10 and drawn 1. They have scored many in this Europa League also this season and only conceded 12 (scoring 59) They also have no injuries that i've seen reported anywhere.
Yeah but when Liverpool do lose we do follow up with a positive result, and with Torres an Bable upfrnt i see us nicking this, but i must admit i'm not that confident but i will go with my heart an back Pool Liverpool @ 6/4

Yeah but when Liverpool do lose we do follow up with a positive result, and with Torres an Bable upfrnt i see us nicking this, but i must admit i'm not that confident but i will go with my heart an back Pool Liverpool @ 6/4
:spank Number one rule in betting, bet with your head not your heart :lol