** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

UEFA Europa League 11th of March

Re: UEFA Europa League 11th of March

It sure was not' date=' but Roma's name was such a motivator for the team. And the greeks never felt good in such games with the favourite role.[/quote'] That's true... The greeks and especially Panathinaikos, are playing much better when facing bigger teams. Now that people expect them to beat Standard, my feeling is that tonight won't be an easy game for Panathinaikos.

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: UEFA Europa League 11th of March Panathanaikos should take the win tonight. Standard have only won once in 10 away european fixtures and will have to play without any support due to airtraffic controller strikes in Greece. With Cisse bang in form I cant see poor travelling Standard taking anything from this match. Panathanaikos impressed me in the last round against Roma home and away. I will take Panathanaikos with Med stakes. :hope

I am finding a little ''mistake'' in the Atletico Madrid. The Home Win is priced @ 1,80, while Over 2,5 Goals is priced @ 2,00. Two points here : -- I find it hard to believe that even when winning Atletico can keep a clean sheet; -- If Sporting lose I have great doubts they will lose to nil - after Everton they absolutely thrashed Porto and Belenenses, scoring a dozen in 4 games. Liedson, Izmailov and Djalo are moving fast, the support from midfield is now clicking well, the scoring problems seem to be in the past... A lay of Madrid was my first thought, yet I took the Over 2,5 Goals as I see it as a good offer and a mistake by the bookmakers. I am not guaranteed against another 1-1 as when Atletico faced Galatasaray, and this score is very likely...The alternatives were to go higher on stakes and add CS 1-1 as an insurance, or go with lower with just the Over...Picked the first option...;) GL
Why dont you bet on the goal/goal then??? 1.80 in most bookies

Re: UEFA Europa League 11th of March Hamburg v Anderlecht; Anderlecht +1 AH a 1.77 Betdaq Belgian football is definitely on the up, and Anderlecht are a side that are really starting to mature, and have impressed both domestically and in Europe this season. Away from home they are unbeaten in the Europa League, with draws in Romania and Spain and two excellent wins against Ajax and Dinamo Zagreb. That's impressive reading and after putting a good Atletico Bilbao side out 5-1 on Agg in the last round confidence couldn't be higher within for a team that is look to be going places, especially were they able to hold on to some of their stars. Both teams do have new injury concerns and with regards to the away side Biglia and Boussoufa didn't train with the squad yesterday after picking up knocks at the weekend, and tbh and i'm unsure sure of their chances. However De sutter and the wonderkid Lukaku did and they should hopefully be ok Hamburg of course are rightful favourites for this match but Anderlecht should not be underestimated and they will certainly give the German team plenty of to think about. I fancy they can take something from this match, but even a 1 goal loss to take back to Brussels for the 2nd leg, would see no harm done.

Biglia and Boussoufa didn't train with the squad yesterday after picking up knocks at the weekend, and tbh and i'm unsure sure of their chances. However De sutter and the wonderkid Lukaku did and they should hopefully be ok
Yes Lukaku will probably start but he's not at 100% and Biglia and Boussoufa are rated at 50%......if those 2 players don't start it's a huge blow,they are so important for the team. Another thing;as i said earlier Rsca always have problems with German teams:in 10 European meetings 1 V 1D and 8 defeats :eyes. GL anyway with your bet...let's hope both Belgian clubs can get smth tonite but it would be a miracle.

Be Weary of A liverpool backlash we will be hurting from Wigan defeat. Plus i think Babel will start which in my eyes is a plus, only downside yossi won't travel beacuse of ankle injury. We also got a habit in europe of winning the 1st legs we like to have the early advantage If i can get 6/4 or over on Pool then might consider it
How many times have we said that? Lille Vs Liverpool [under 1.5 goals] Bet365 @ 3.00 Lille Vs Liverpool [under 2.5 goals] Bet365 @ 1.61 I can't see Liverpool attacking with too much venom in this game. They know they have two legs here and i think Rafa will be more and more concerned about going out of the competition, the more his team fails in the Premiership.I expect Liverpool to finish the job at Anfield. I fancy a 0-0 or 1-0 either way here. Juventus / Benfica [Double] Bet365 @ 3.00 Both sides are strong at Home. Fulham i think were quite fortunate in their last round game. Shakhtar were all over Fulham, especially in the first leg, and if it wasnt for a superb finish from Zamora it might of been different.Juventus do have injuries to Buffon,Chiellini and Amauri, however Fulham also have their own injuries with Johnson, Murphy and Dempsey out. I just think Juventus will be too strong here. Benfica have played 11 home games in this season and won 10 and drawn 1. They have scored many in this Europa League also this season and only conceded 12 (scoring 59) They also have no injuries that i've seen reported anywhere.

Re: UEFA Europa League 11th of March I think that 5.00 on Sporting is a joke.They are in fantastic form recently and Atletico should learn to beat Almeria before being clear favorites against Portugal top team.Also 2.00 for double chance X2 and 2.10 for Sporting +0.5 are nice.Bookmakers were joking with Sporting against Everton too but now the Portugal team is on the next stage.Atletico were lucky to pass Galatasaray while Sporting were much more convinced.This tricky bet may again not come and I risk some smart comentaries after the game but value goes to Sporting.

Re: UEFA Europa League 11th of March I will be keeping stakes small on these, because the Europa league has been quite difficult this season, and these are first legs. Atlético Madrid v Sporting CP + 0.75 @ 1.96 - Betdaq. Atlético Madrid v Sporting CP Both teams to score = yes @ 1.9 - WilliamHill. I feel this game comes at a perfect time for Sporting. They're hitting a bit of form right now. Sporting gave Everton a really good game home and away in the last leg. Atletico have been hit and miss all season. They drew 1-1 with Gala in the last round, when they were expected to win quite comfortably. I just feel that Sporting have a better chance than the odds suggest, and at less than 2, Atletico aren't going to get my vote I'm afraid. Rubin Kazan - 0.75 @ 2.27 - BET365 v VfL Wolfsburg. Kazan have been the real surprise of European football this season, and I'm sure Wolfsburg will get a lot of attention, as they are the more "fashionable" side. I just can't see them being able to play their normal game on Kazan's pitch. The temperature in Kazan is - 10, and the harsh winter has really cut up the turf, leaving it a cause for concern. Kazan have not played competitive football since before Christmas, but they warmed up for the impending season start by beating CSKA Moscow in the Russian Super Cup at the weekend. Wolfsburg have travelled without striker Grafite and defender Andrea Barzagli through injury. Kazan have given much better opponents than Wolfsburg a game this season at home in the CL, so I don't think they should be underestimated. Panathinaikos - 0.75 @ 1.91 - Betdaq v Standard de Liège. Pana have only lost twice in their last eighteen competitive fixtures, including two victories over Roma in the last round of the Europa League. I think it's fair to say Standard are underachiving domestically. They currently sit ninth on thirty six points. A massive twenty seven points off league leaders, Anderlecht. They have lost ten of their last eighteen competitive fixtures in all competitions. Standard only have one win in their last ten European away fidxtures. Also, the fact they travel to Greece with no support, following the Greek air traffic strikes just cements my pick here. I just can't see Standard outscoring Pana. Cisse has hit twenty goals in his last twenty four fixtures, so is in fine form. Standard on the other hand have a goal ratio of just under one during their last eighteen competitive fixtures. Lille OSC v Liverpool - 0.25 @ 2.36 - BET1128. @ 2.33 - Betdaq. Against all my better judgement I'm going to side with Liverpool here. I think the odds for Lille to get at least a draw on the AH side are pretty skinny. I also think that Liverpool are more likely to come out fighting following their performance on Monday. With Torres, Gerrard and Johnson back, they are nearing full strength. I'm not sure if they will all play, but they'll all be definitely in the matchday squad. Also, everyone is expecting Liverpool to get turned over tonight following Monday's performance, so I'm happy to side with the "underdogs". Lille have been in great form domestically, and in Europe, but this will probably be their toughest test of the season imo.

Re: UEFA Europa League 11th of March Jase, just thought i should inform you that it is not just Wolfsburg that misses players, Rubin are without the whole midfield with Captain Semak, Bistrov, Rjazancev and Kalesin. They also miss Karadenic and Saronov. Especially Semak and Rjazancev will be missed.

Re: UEFA Europa League 11th of March Athletico Madrid - Sporting Lisbon over 2.5 @ 1.95 pinnacle Athletico Madrid have shown a tendency to concede goals, as they have done this in 8 of their last 9 games, but at the same time, have also managed to score in 8 of their last 9 games, with 5 of these games going over. Sporting Lisbon have scored in 8 of their last 10 games and while they have conceded in 5 of these 10 games, they have gone over in 8 of these 10 games. Athletico knows that they need to score at least 2 goals in this first leg to have any chance to go on to the next round given their defence is likely to concede a goal, while Sporting Lisbon will be happy to come away with at least an away goal given that they been quite good in recent games at home. Can see this game finishing 2-1 or 2-2 with both sides having attack minded players in their squads but defences have been prone to conceding goals. Rubin Kazan - Wolfsburg over 2.5 @ 1.89 pinnacle Rubin are still in preseason mode and have yet to start their season, so Wolfsburg will have the advantage of match fitness for this game. They are midtable in the Bundesliga and with relegation unlikely, they can concentrate on this competition and hope to progress through the rest of the rounds. They are a team that likes to go forward and score goals as they have scored in each of their last 10 games, but they have also conceded in 9 of these games, with 8 of these games going over. While conditions will be cold and favouring the home side, Wolfsburg will be used to it. Expect this game to be another open game for Wolfsburg with goals in it, as they will like to take at least one away goal back to Germany. Rubin have shown in this competition that they are tough to beat at home, and are likely to score, but whether they have enough goals in them to beat Wolfsburg is questionable, as the away side, based in the way they like to play, do score goals. Lille - Liverpool over 2.5 @ 2.28 pinnacle Lille are a team that knows how to score as they have done so in each of their last 10 games but they have conceded in 9 of these games with 6 of these 10 games going over. Also they have scored and conceded in each of their last 5 games in this competition, with 4 of these games going over. They are without defenders Plestan and Debuchy for this game which should help Liverpool's cause to score an important away goal. Expect the Reds to play much better than their loss to Wigan earlier in the week. They did beat Unirea Urzeceni 3-1 and with Torres gradually getting his match fitness, he should be much sharper for this game, especially in a positive frame of mind that he can score against a team that has shown that they leak goals in. Liverpool too are without the defender Skrtel while Johnson has only just returned from injury and may find he starts on the bench again. Can see this game with some goals in it, as Liverpool should be much more focused for this game to get some silverware in a poor season for them so far. Benfica - Marseille over 2.5 @ 2.01 centrebet Benfica have been in very good goal scoring form as they have scored 26 goals in their last 10 games. They have conceded in 6 of these games which will give the visiting Marseille plenty of hope as they have also been scoring goals. Marseille have scored 25 goals in their last 10 games and as such, have won 4 of their last 5 away games all up, even though they have conceded in 4 of these 5 games, each of these 5 away games have gone over. With Benfica having gone over in 7 of their last 10 games and Marseille going over in 9 of their last 10 games, then the over looks likely given the attacking nature of both sides.

Sorry but a short off topic question.If I play DNB or 0 AH in a double with a straight win and the straight win comes and DNB is draw what money I will win? Thanks and sorry again for off topic.
Draw = No Bet, so it's going out of your combo, you going to win only with straight win, like you only bet single match for me today excellent matches are Panathinaikos win and Lille-Liverpool O2.5 even with med-hi stakes, imo no sense to take other matches which are unpredictable for me and can lower my potential earning Panathinaikos -0.75 Lille - Liverpool Over2.5

Re: UEFA Europa League 11th of March Does anyone think Fulham may have a chance tonight? They have the best season so far (decent results in domestic league and a good European performance) which cannot be said about Juventus. I've been following almost all Italians matches this season and it's obvious their achievments are not at the same lavel with the expectations. We have 2 teams with different state of mind: one is about to make history and the other is trying to heal its wounds and improve on the last hundred meters. Juventus did not convince me in the last few matches (let's say starting with Ajax double, but we could go far beyond), so the issue is in my opinion if they are able to raise the lavel of play for this fixture because otherwise I don't think they will succeed it. Fulham is a stable, self-confident and organized team.

Jase' date=' just thought i should inform you that it is not just Wolfsburg that misses players, Rubin are without the whole midfield with Captain Semak, Bistrov, Rjazancev and Kalesin. They also miss Karadenic and Saronov. Especially Semak and Rjazancev will be missed.[/quote'] Cheers for the info :ok I'm only playing with small stakes though. Hopefully the state of the pitch will even things out :hope

Re: UEFA Europa League 11th of March C0A8AE020000011D20857C2711E1CFC6.gif Juventus vs Fulham C0A8AE020000011D206489280E5A657A.gif Although Juventus are perform not well in this season, they are still capable to maintain the top 5 in domestic league. The Old Lady did a good job last week by defeated Viola when visit. The right moment victory should give the team a boost especially they play under the supports of home fans today. Visitor Fulham does not convince me with their away performance. They are one of the best when playing at Craven Cottage stadium but nothing impress out of it.

If anyone regards Anderlecht as having a better chance in this tie than the odds suggest' date=' they are a massive 3.5 to qualify over the two legs. Hamburg is a laughable 1.41.[/quote'] I'm confused. How can Panathinaikos be 1.56 or 1.61 to qualify outright from their tie, yet Hamburg are 1.41 to qualify from their tie? Yet, the bookies give Anderlecht more of a chance at winning tonight than they do Standard Liege. Standard Liege to qualify are 2.24???? Do Panathinaikos have a terrible record away in Europe or something? Or away in Beligium? I think I might have talked myself into taking Panathinaikos to qualify. The price on Anderlecht to qualify still interests me.

C0A8AE020000011D20857C2711E1CFC6.gif Juventus vs Fulham C0A8AE020000011D206489280E5A657A.gif Although Juventus are perform not well in this season, they are still capable to maintain the top 5 in domestic league. The Old Lady did a good job last week by defeated Viola when visit. The right moment victory should give the team a boost especially they play under the supports of home fans today. Visitor Fulham does not convince me with their away performance. They are one of the best when playing at Craven Cottage stadium but nothing impress out of it.
Juve won but Fio played badly compared with the performance against Bayern. Anyway thank you for your thoughts. It's true that Fulham are not impressive away and that's what troubles me a little.

Re: UEFA Europa League 11th of March Does anyone see Rubin vs Wolfsburg = Under 2.5 tonight? I respect your opinion above Blackcrow, however part of me really sees this game being very tight. The conditions at Rubin Kazan are tough for any visiting team as proven by Barca's poor showing there, combined with key injuries for both teams mentioned above could mean this one becomes a bit of a stalemate. Also its worth noting that all of Rubin's home games in the Champions League this season were unders (0-0 barca, 0-0 kiev, 1-1 inter) and I think Wolfsburg can put up a similar fight. Any thoughts?

Does anyone think Fulham may have a chance tonight? They have the best season so far (decent results in domestic league and a good European performance) which cannot be said about Juventus. I've been following almost all Italians matches this season and it's obvious their achievments are not at the same lavel with the expectations. We have 2 teams with different state of mind: one is about to make history and the other is trying to heal its wounds and improve on the last hundred meters. Juventus did not convince me in the last few matches (let's say starting with Ajax double, but we could go far beyond), so the issue is in my opinion if they are able to raise the lavel of play for this fixture because otherwise I don't think they will succeed it. Fulham is a stable, self-confident and organized team.
I don't think Fulham will get a win at all. Yes they are very organised and what not, but that won't get them a win away at the Olimpico. They simply won't be trying too hard for it, a draw is perfectly acceptable for them. A lot of the Fulham players are approaching un-chartered territory and may be a bit daunted. I think they are quite limited going forward and that all points to them playing safe tonight. I would be so surprised if they came to attack. Meanwhile Juve just aren't going to take it too seriously. Del Piero previously said he really doesn't care about the competition, before recently taking it back and saying Juve want to win it. I don't know about that. I think they will progress if they can, but they wont be bothered about being knocked out. Having said that, they do have players that are a cut above Fulham on an individual level. They lack width due to the formation, and with Del Piero and Trez up front, are not very mobile. I fancy Juventus to be the better side and probably win, but it certainly wont be a rout and a one goal win could be likely. In conclusion, I personally dont think Fulham are worth backing, but then again there is little value in Juve. As previously mentioned I am fancying under 2.5 goals.

Does anyone here think that Ruud Van Nistelrooy will start for Hamburg tonight' date=' i was thinking of backing him for the First Goal.[/quote'] Just been reading up on that game... Consensus seems to be that he'll play a part, but is unlikely to start as he's been struggling with injuries of late.

I don't think Fulham will get a win at all. Yes they are very organised and what not, but that won't get them a win away at the Olimpico. They simply won't be trying too hard for it, a draw is perfectly acceptable for them. A lot of the Fulham players are approaching un-chartered territory and may be a bit daunted. I think they are quite limited going forward and that all points to them playing safe tonight. I would be so surprised if they came to attack. Meanwhile Juve just aren't going to take it too seriously. Del Piero previously said he really doesn't care about the competition, before recently taking it back and saying Juve want to win it. I don't know about that. I think they will progress if they can, but they wont be bothered about being knocked out. Having said that, they do have players that are a cut above Fulham on an individual level. They lack width due to the formation, and with Del Piero and Trez up front, are not very mobile. I fancy Juventus to be the better side and probably win, but it certainly wont be a rout and a one goal win could be likely. In conclusion, I personally dont think Fulham are worth backing, but then again there is little value in Juve. As previously mentioned I am fancying under 2.5 goals.
Agree with the under 2.5 but i dont think Fulham will be intimidated at all, they played away at Shakhtar in the last round which is 10 times more intimidating than Juve is likely to be..narrow 0-1 loss or a draw for Fulham for me, the 7.5 price is way off when considering the amount of players Juve have missing and the state the pitch is likely to be in..

Just been reading up on that game... Consensus seems to be that he'll play a part, but is unlikely to start as he's been struggling with injuries of late. Who do you think i should go with instead, i was thinking of going with Mladen Petric or Marcus Berg but i dont know what kind of form they are in.

It's my mistake as I didn't express my self clearly. I was not thinking of a Fulham straight win, but covering the Asian handicap: +0.75 or even +0.5 if we are bolder. :)

It's a tough one to call mate... I know Hamburg are favourites for this one, but I don't think it's gna be clear cut, infact I see Anderlecht nicking a goal. Having looked at the odds on first goalscorers I have to say there was one person that really caught my eye: Romelu Lukaku. He's on electric form at the moment and at 16 years old his confidence is sky high, you never know at decimal odds of 10 for him to score first, might be worth a small punt. I like his odds, but to me it's hard enough calling who's gna get their nose in front first.

Re: UEFA Europa League 11th of March Alot of people on here are tipping many games to go over 2.5 tonight but i think it will be the oposite . I see many games going under as it is all first leg matches which are always tight games with both teams not wanting to be out of it before 2nd leg . Agree with people who are backing Liverpool as i just feel they will bounce back form Wigan game and put a performance on for everybody at the club . Everytime people write them off they produce a performance . Torres and Gerrard should play and will have to much class for a average Lille team . Also i agree with jase tip on the juventus corner handicap bet . We all know how fulham are going to set up tonight , they will be 11 men behind the ball and will soak up all the pressure from the home side . I could see Fulham going the whole game without getting a single corner to Juventus -3 corners at evs with Paddypower is a very good bet . :ok Also would not put anyone off the under 1.5 goals in the Fulham game at about 2/1 . P.s Only joined today after long time reading so be nice .

Re: UEFA Europa League 11th of March It would be worth a punt on Romelu Lukaku alright, but i think i read somewhere on this forum earlier that he might be missing the game tonight. great record for someone so young though. Thanks rydogg for your help.:cheers

It would be worth a punt on Romelu Lukaku alright' date=' but i think i read somewhere on this forum earlier that he might be missing the game tonight. great record for someone so young though. Thanks rydogg for your help.:cheers[/quote'] if you like those "to score anytime" fun bets....i suggest Petric @ 2.5,Lukaku why not @ 3.9 but i see that Legear is @ 10..really dangerous player, odds are way to high imo for a player who already scored 5 goals in EL so far and with Hamburg defenders focusing on Lukaku....