** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

UEFA Europa League 11th of March

Thursday 11 March 2010HomeDrawAwayBPP
maximize.gifLille OSC v Liverpool (18:00 GMT) 3.2 3.25 2.2 107.47 %
maximize.gifRubin Kazan v VfL Wolfsburg (18:00 GMT) 2.15 3.2 3.4 107.17 %
maximize.gifHamburger SV v Anderlecht (18:00 GMT) 1.6 3.5 6 107.74 %
maximize.gifAtlético Madrid v Sporting CP (18:00 GMT) 1.8 3.4 4.5 107.19 %
maximize.gifBenfica v Olympique Marseille (20:05 GMT) 2 3.25 3.75 107.44 %
maximize.gifJuventus v Fulham (20:05 GMT) 1.5 3.75 7 107.62 %
maximize.gifPanathinaikos v Standard de Liège (20:05 GMT) 1.65 3.5 5.5 107.36 %
maximize.gifValencia v Werder Bremen (20:05 GMT) 1.85 3.3 4.3 107.61 %

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: UEFA Europa League 11th of March Some hard matches again. Liverpool looks ok but depends on team news. Rubin at home looks like a winner as well.I'm not saying Wolfsburg is bad but it's more weather and pitch conditions.Last round Hapoel could not even play there as pithc was frozen and it was bloody freezing as well.Really tough place to go.Also Rubin beat CSKA today and won super cup.Don't think they will loose this game. Benfica at home are always solid and looks like they are after Europa cup.OM is a dodgy team,never know what expect from them.Home win. Anybody else have anything to say?Hurry up as odds will drop soon.

Re: UEFA Europa League 11th of March I am finding a little ''mistake'' in the Atletico Madrid. The Home Win is priced @ 1,80, while Over 2,5 Goals is priced @ 2,00. Two points here : -- I find it hard to believe that even when winning Atletico can keep a clean sheet; -- If Sporting lose I have great doubts they will lose to nil - after Everton they absolutely thrashed Porto and Belenenses, scoring a dozen in 4 games. Liedson, Izmailov and Djalo are moving fast, the support from midfield is now clicking well, the scoring problems seem to be in the past... A lay of Madrid was my first thought, yet I took the Over 2,5 Goals as I see it as a good offer and a mistake by the bookmakers. I am not guaranteed against another 1-1 as when Atletico faced Galatasaray, and this score is very likely...The alternatives were to go higher on stakes and add CS 1-1 as an insurance, or go with lower with just the Over...Picked the first option...;) GL

Re: UEFA Europa League 11th of March

...Hurry up as odds will drop soon.
...or rise soon? Unless you got a Crystal Ball ;)... ...and what is wrong with dropping or rising odds, value moves, and if the pick has a good ground money could be made either way?

...or rise soon? Unless you got a Crystal Ball ;)... ...and what is wrong with dropping or rising odds, value moves, and if the pick has a good ground money could be made either way?
Very true,good point :ok

Re: UEFA Europa League 11th of March The Europa has been very unpredictable, but I think we have gotten to a point where teams are more solid at home than away. So I think every home team that has a descent chance over their opponent should put out a winning performance.

Re: UEFA Europa League 11th of March For me the two stand out bets are Panathainaikos and Juventus at home. Although Fulham did well away last time out I cannot see them breaking Juv down and the greeks had a fantastic win at Roma which is not easy and they are playing a Liege side that is nowhere near as good this year round. Home double with Juve -1 AH pays close to 2/1

Re: UEFA Europa League 11th of March After beating Fiorentina I believe Juventus won't have any trouble defeating Fulham. Atletico - Sporting. Both teams scored in their last games. Sporting even managed to score 10 goals in their last 3 games, while Atletico scored 6 and conceded 4 in their last 3 games. So, Both Temas to Score @ 1.91 and Over 2.5 @ 2.00 look like a good selections for this game.

Re: UEFA Europa League 11th of March Hold your hands before betting on Juventus Chiellini MIGHT miss the clash with Fulham, without Chiellini Juventus will concede, trust me. I am a Juventus fan so I'll keep you guys notified whether he plays or not.

Rubin at home looks like a winner as well.I'm not saying Wolfsburg is bad but it's more weather and pitch conditions.Last round Hapoel could not even play there as pithc was frozen and it was bloody freezing as well.Really tough place to go.Also Rubin beat CSKA today and won super cup.Don't think they will loose this game.
Is Grafite out for this game?

Re: UEFA Europa League 11th of March Pana were quite fortunate against Roma. They caught Roma with their pants down for 5 minutes and scored 3 goals. It all started with terrible PK decision against DeRossi. Standard are a tricky side, it will be a no bet for me. Like the look of Benfica @ evens, they're in great form atm, and should get a result against an erratic Marseille squad.

Re: UEFA Europa League 11th of March Hamburg - Anderlecht Anderlecht did very well to get to this stage of the competition. They lost only once and that was 0-1 at home to Dinamo Zagreb. They are also doing well at home. They won their last 4 games, including 4-0 win over Atletic Bilbao. Hamburg is really inconsistent recently. Only 4 wins in their last 10 games, with 3 draws and 3 defeats. Based on that odds on Anderlecht DNB @ 4.00 and Anderlecht or Draw @ 2.20 look good.

Hamburg - Anderlecht Anderlecht did very well to get to this stage of the competition. They lost only once and that was 0-1 at home to Dinamo Zagreb. They are also doing well at home. They won their last 4 games, including 4-0 win over Atletic Bilbao. Hamburg is really inconsistent recently. Only 4 wins in their last 10 games, with 3 draws and 3 defeats. Based on that odds on Anderlecht DNB @ 4.00 and Anderlecht or Draw @ 2.20 look good.
Totally don't agree. You compare the league matches, but both leagues are on a different level. The German league is certainly stronger than if the Belgian. Anderlecht beat Bilbao at home, but in away game they have only draw...home-away this is diffrent match. HSV in last home match in EL beat PSV- in my eyes PSV is stronger than Anderlecht. For me HW with medium stakes. GL :ok

in my eyes PSV is stronger than Anderlecht. For me HW with medium stakes. GL :ok
I've watched many matchs of Psv and i totally don't agree,i think u underestimate Rsca, they have more qualities than Psv....anyway for this match hw is quite sure, Rsca have many matchs to play at the moment, season is very long, important play offs are coming soon, coach is making changes giving rest to Lukaku and Legear from time to time. Anderlecht always have problems with german teams and Hamburg is strong and have some fantastic players....at Rsca Boussoufa, Biglia and Lukaku didn't train yesterday but should be able to play...wait and see

They caught Roma with their pants down for 5 minutes and scored 3 goals. It all started with terrible PK decision against DeRossi.
Terrible decision by ref? Hardly! Terrible and naive approach by De Rossi: 100% clear penalty!

Re: UEFA Europa League 11th of March I know Lille will get much attention on Thursday, but if Liverpool's price keeps rising, they just MIGHT be worth backing. Bit of a knee jerk reaction to Monday I feel. I often think that usually when a side suffers a huge setback and underperforms, they up their performance levels for the next game. Then again, this is Liverpool, and I swore never to get involved with them again, even if I thought their odds were acceptable to me. One to mull over I think.

Re: UEFA Europa League 11th of March The only two bets I am taking at the moment are : Benfica - Marseille Over 2.5 goals I see this as a very attractive bet. Benfica have been strong throughout the tournament and have a plethora of good attacking players i.e. Aimar, Cardozo, Saviola. They have no major injury worries ahead of this match. They are full of goals and play attractive football. The impetus should be with them at home and I fancy them to get a couple. Marseille are a decent side and have also put a few away most recently against an inferior Copenhagen. I don't know too much about how they play week in, but they have some talented players like Niang and Ben Arfa and Lucho. I should imagine they will come with a slightly conservative approach but I can see this game going over. Both teams are in good domestic form and with nice odds too I will take it. Over 2.5 goals - 2.26 - 5 points. I am also considering Juventus/Fulham to go under 2.5 goals. Fulham are a solid but uninspiring side and against a resurgent Juventus at home I dont see them doing too well. I don't think they will come and attack, why would they? Juventus have a few players missing and unless Diego is shi**ing miracles I don't think they will offer too much threat to a solid Fulham. I certainly don't think Juve will score 3 goals so I am really considering this. Current odds are 1.91 (Bfair).

Re: UEFA Europa League 11th of March Any of the guys who follow the French league closely have any thoughts on Lille? Their home record in the league is certainly decent enough and they won 2 drew 1 from 3 matches in the Europa group stage. I watched Liverpool at Wigan on Monday and it wasnt just poor individual performances on the night....the whole team looked flat and uninterested. Worst ive seen from them in a long time. Obviously Torres and Gerard are capable of brilliance but neither aare in form at present. I would be keeping the draw onside if backing as Pool will no doubt set up defensively. Lille plus a goal @ 4/6 with skybet looks decent or even draw no bet at around 11/10.

Re: UEFA Europa League 11th of March I've been waiting for the bookies to price up this market, and now they have, I think the odds are criminally insane. Juventus - 2 corner handicap @ 1.83 - Stanjames. .........or................. Juventus - 3 corner handicap @ 2.1 - Skybet. Take your pick. The only occasion Fulham's opponents away from Craven Cottage in the Europa league have failed to beat a -3 corner handicap was against Vetra in the early qualifying rounds. I think we all remember Shakhtar racking up about ten corners by half time in Fulham's last Europa fixture. I see this as being another organised defensive away Europa league performance from Fulham. They still have injuries to contend with, and Danny Murphy being out is a major blow. I will be extremely surprised if they can achieve a result against Juventus.

Re: UEFA Europa League 11th of March Be Weary of A liverpool backlash we will be hurting from Wigan defeat. Plus i think Babel will start which in my eyes is a plus, only downside yossi won't travel beacuse of ankle injury. We also got a habit in europe of winning the 1st legs we like to have the early advantage If i can get 6/4 or over on Pool then might consider it

I've been waiting for the bookies to price up this market, and now they have, I think the odds are criminally insane. Juventus - 2 corner handicap @ 1.83 - Stanjames. .........or................. Juventus - 3 corner handicap @ 2.1 - Skybet. Take your pick. The only occasion Fulham's opponents away from Craven Cottage in the Europa league have failed to beat a -3 corner handicap was against Vetra in the early qualifying rounds. I think we all remember Shakhtar racking up about ten corners by half time in Fulham's last Europa fixture. I see this as being another organised defensive away Europa league performance from Fulham. They still have injuries to contend with, and Danny Murphy being out is a major blow. I will be extremely surprised if they can achieve a result against Juventus.
Interesting, but I have some doubts especially regarding the 3 corner handicap. I saw you got it with Arsenal and Real, good job :ok, but this might be a little different. I don't see Juventus playing like Shakhtar, I mean having that possesion or clearly dominating the match like the Ucrainians did. Anyway you got a point, thank you for that, and I will think about it more as the odds are appealing. GL

Re: UEFA Europa League 11th of March Benfica vs Marseille Going to back Benfica too Edge this.I expect a game that goes over 2.5 goals.Benfica have been in great form domestically & in europe.Benfica's home record in Europe reads 17 for against 1(saw this somewhere).So i am clearly going to go withh form here.Heinze will be injured for the visitors which should help the goals & Niang is also good for a goal. Benfica win Over2.5 goals (Medioum stakes) Oscar Cardoza to get the first goal (cheeky side bet) as he is second top scorer in the europa league with 6 goals. Juventus v Fulham Roy Hodgson will be missing Danny Murphy but i fully expect him to have his team well ready for Juve's visit.It will be a tight game.Juventus will be missing a couple of important players like chiellini,Buffon,Amauri, Vincenzo Iaquinta , Melo & Mauro Camoranesi .So its not realli going to be a full strenght Juve. Under 2.5 (is da value bet for me) will be scouring to find the best odds. Halftime 0-0 also seem viable.

Any of the guys who follow the French league closely have any thoughts on Lille? Their home record in the league is certainly decent enough and they won 2 drew 1 from 3 matches in the Europa group stage. I watched Liverpool at Wigan on Monday and it wasnt just poor individual performances on the night....the whole team looked flat and uninterested. Worst ive seen from them in a long time. Obviously Torres and Gerard are capable of brilliance but neither aare in form at present. I would be keeping the draw onside if backing as Pool will no doubt set up defensively. Lille plus a goal @ 4/6 with skybet looks decent or even draw no bet at around 11/10.
Hi after the good results of Lyon last night i believe that Lille will have more motivation. Team is playing quite decently and never give up (see last game in Turkey) they tend to use a lot Eden Hazard (he's fast) and could be be a problem for a very slow side of Liverpool which seems to be really lacking physique and stamina during their last game against Wigan. I remember seeing Gerrard walking or even stopped during certain moments in the game. Lille +0.5 Asian Handicap @ 1.77 is a fair price http://www.punterslounge.com/forum/autolink.php?id=34&script=showthread&forumid=6 as we can say that we are in the end of the season and bodies are getting tired. I would add Mascherano and Lucas to be booked

Re: UEFA Europa League 11th of March Juventus v Fulham - Under 2.5 Goals @ 1.86 BF Fulham would take a 0-0 now and head back home, I can't see them attacking a great deal in this match, they should be happy to let Juventus play the ball around because honestly I don't see them as a great team, very average at the moment. Fulham often go unders away from home in the English league ans Juve don't appear to be free flowing in attack so I quite like the chances of unders here.

Re: UEFA Europa League 11th of March I think the price on Wolfsburg is very generous. 2.75 for DNB....or 1.75 for Double Chance? I'll be taking the Double Chance, Wolfsburg have goals even without Grafite through Dzeko and Martins...the perfect combination of height/strength and pace if you ask me. Rubin are a solid side, but they seem to draw alot of matches, so I think this is a very good price. Prices with Willhill btw.