** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Ufc 111

Welterweight Championship bout: 22px-Flag_of_Canada.svg.png Georges St. Pierre © vs. 22px-Flag_of_England.svg.png Dan Hardy Interim Heavyweight Championship bout: 22px-Flag_of_the_United_States.svg.png Frank Mir vs. 22px-Flag_of_the_United_States.svg.png Shane Carwin Welterweight bout: 22px-Flag_of_the_United_States.svg.png Ben Saunders vs. 22px-Flag_of_the_United_States.svg.png Jake Ellenberger Welterweight bout: 22px-Flag_of_the_United_States.svg.png Jon Fitch vs. 22px-Flag_of_Brazil.svg.png Thiago Alves Lightweight bout: 22px-Flag_of_the_United_States.svg.png Jim Miller vs. 22px-Flag_of_Canada.svg.png Mark Bocek Early pics for UFC 111 GSP will easily beat Dan Hardy, IMO Hardy only getting shot in order to try to bring UK fans to UFC Shane Carwin will KO frank Mir in a tough fight-but will he make it a round 1 KO??? Thiago 'The Pitbull' Alves will be too powerful for John Fitch. Undecided on other fight ATM ???

Re: Ufc 111

Welterweight Championship bout: 22px-Flag_of_Canada.svg.png Georges St. Pierre © vs. 22px-Flag_of_England.svg.png Dan Hardy Interim Heavyweight Championship bout: 22px-Flag_of_the_United_States.svg.png Frank Mir vs. 22px-Flag_of_the_United_States.svg.png Shane Carwin Welterweight bout: 22px-Flag_of_the_United_States.svg.png Ben Saunders vs. 22px-Flag_of_the_United_States.svg.png Jake Ellenberger Welterweight bout: 22px-Flag_of_the_United_States.svg.png Jon Fitch vs. 22px-Flag_of_Brazil.svg.png Thiago Alves Lightweight bout: 22px-Flag_of_the_United_States.svg.png Jim Miller vs. 22px-Flag_of_Canada.svg.png Mark Bocek Early pics for UFC 111 GSP will easily beat Dan Hardy, IMO Hardy only getting shot in order to try to bring UK fans to UFC Shane Carwin will KO frank Mir in a tough fight-but will he make it a round 1 KO??? Thiago 'The Pitbull' Alves will be too powerful for John Fitch. Undecided on other fight ATM ???
Frank's boxing improved so much, look at his fight with Minotauro, the guy really working for it, of course comming into the fight with such a good boxer like Carwin, there maybe will be preparations to take him down, he's ground game such a good like Shane's stand up, but like i mentioned Frank is imrpving his stand up too, so it'll be tight fight for me. i'm on Frank here, but will not go for either bet on one or other , just like Frank like a person, and want him to face that ugly moroon who doaesn't deserve that belt he has...

• 2 weeks later...

Frank's boxing improved so much' date=' look at his fight with Minotauro, the guy really working for it, of course comming into the fight with such a good boxer like Carwin, there maybe will be preparations to take him down, he's ground game such a good like Shane's stand up, but like i mentioned Frank is imrpving his stand up too, so it'll be tight fight for me. i'm on Frank here, but will not go for either bet on one or other , just like Frank like a person, and want him to face that ugly moroon who doaesn't deserve that belt he has...[/quote'] Like Lesnar or not, he has beaten Couture for the belt and he easily beat Mir in their second fight. I am going for Carwin but Mir is still dangerous as he put some serious weight on. Both good boxers, so it mayh come down to Mir's BJJ V Carwins wrestling. Should be a good one though :nana

Re: Ufc 111 Got to say Carwin will beat Mir, reminds me of the match up in Ufc38 with Ian Freeman, Where Freemans go forward non stop style wore Mir down quickly, granted it wasn't the same Mir as now but the same stylistic match up is still there. Carwins power will be too much for Mir and I think it will be over in the 1st round with Carwin Knocking out Mir ( I hope not though, would love to see them go at it for 3 rounds). Gsp will have far too much for Dan Hardy, I really like Hardy but think this is a shot too early, Hardy hasn't fought anyone with the take down wrestling skills of Gsp and will find out what ground and pound means. I can only hope that he catches Gsp with a lucky one, but can see Gsp ending this in the 2nd via Tko/stoppage. The Fitch/Alves fight really interests me, Fitch coming in on the back of a 4 win streak, he has 1 loss in the last 20 (to Gsp) and has beaten Alves in 2006 who himself is trying to bounce back after his beating by Gsp. If either loses this they're going to find it hard to get another shot at Gsp so i'm going to take Alves to grind it out against Fitch and take a very close decision. (Could well be fight of the night) The Jim Miller/Mark Bocek has the potential to be a great Bjj fight (both fighters have nearly all there wins via submission) or a drawn out stand up match. Bocek's Bjj is slightly better than Miller's but Miller has the better takedowns so it's going to be a very interesting match up, the Gambler in me says Miller to get the win, but it's a tricky one to call.

• 3 weeks later...

Re: Ufc 111 Big price on GSP by submission on Saturday, PaddyPower go 7.50, Skybet have it 2.50.. massive difference. I can see GSP ending it two ways, g'n'p TKO or g'n'p and general domination leading Hardy to give him his back and lock in a rear naked choke. Can't see a stand up clash with Hardy going on too long without one of those explosive double leg takedowns, though I think he definitely could compete with Hardy there.. should be a takedown clinic and I don't see it going 5 so 7.50 on a two horse race of sorts is good value in my book. G.St Pierre to bt. D.Hardy by Submission 5pts 7.50 PaddyPower

Re: Ufc 111 Although I really want Mir to win to set up his rubber match with Brock Lesnar, I think the odds on Carwin KO are very generous. This is a pretty even match up, Carwin has the power but Mir might have the advantage in pure boxing skill. However, we see so many heavyweight bouts being decided by power and I think this could go the same way. Carwin has 11 wins in his short-ish MMA career, every single one ending in the 1st round! He has absolutely terrifying power. Mir has been stopped in all 4 of his losses and has a real dislike for being hit. If he's caught at all by Carwin this one could end sharpish. To have ended 100% of your fights in round 1 is more than impressive, if he's taken into deeper waters by Mir then I think Mir could justify his favourite tag but so long as Carwin keeps finishing his bouts early, I'll definitely take him at the price on offer. S.Carwin to bt. F.Mir in Round 1 5pts 6.50 PaddyPower

Re: Ufc 111 Thiago Alves is out of UFC 111 due to a irregularity seen on a cat scan he recently had. In steps Ben Saunders to fight Jon Fitch, i think Fitch will have too much in all departments and it could be a bad move for Saunders to ask to be Alves stand in. No odds about that i can see but i'd make Fitch a big odds favourite and rightly so.

Although I really want Mir to win to set up his rubber match with Brock Lesnar, I think the odds on Carwin KO are very generous. This is a pretty even match up, Carwin has the power but Mir might have the advantage in pure boxing skill. However, we see so many heavyweight bouts being decided by power and I think this could go the same way. Carwin has 11 wins in his short-ish MMA career, every single one ending in the 1st round! He has absolutely terrifying power. Mir has been stopped in all 4 of his losses and has a real dislike for being hit. If he's caught at all by Carwin this one could end sharpish. To have ended 100% of your fights in round 1 is more than impressive, if he's taken into deeper waters by Mir then I think Mir could justify his favourite tag but so long as Carwin keeps finishing his bouts early, I'll definitely take him at the price on offer. S.Carwin to bt. F.Mir in Round 1 5pts 6.50 PaddyPower
Good call. Glad Carwin won as i dont like Mir :nana

Good call. Glad Carwin won as i dont like Mir :nana
Cheers. How many times did GSP have a submission locked in too? :wall Could've finished it at any time, I really think he let Hardy off with that armbar because he didn't want to break it and knew Hardy wouldn't tap.

Got to say Carwin will beat Mir, reminds me of the match up in Ufc38 with Ian Freeman, Where Freemans go forward non stop style wore Mir down quickly, granted it wasn't the same Mir as now but the same stylistic match up is still there. Carwins power will be too much for Mir and I think it will be over in the 1st round with Carwin Knocking out Mir ( I hope not though, would love to see them go at it for 3 rounds). Gsp will have far too much for Dan Hardy, I really like Hardy but think this is a shot too early, Hardy hasn't fought anyone with the take down wrestling skills of Gsp and will find out what ground and pound means. I can only hope that he catches Gsp with a lucky one, but can see Gsp ending this in the 2nd via Tko/stoppage. The Jim Miller/Mark Bocek has the potential to be a great Bjj fight (both fighters have nearly all there wins via submission) or a drawn out stand up match. Bocek's Bjj is slightly better than Miller's but Miller has the better takedowns so it's going to be a very interesting match up, the Gambler in me says Miller to get the win, but it's a tricky one to call. Thiago Alves is out of UFC 111 due to a irregularity seen on a cat scan he recently had. In steps Ben Saunders to fight Jon Fitch, i think Fitch will have too much in all departments and it could be a bad move for Saunders to ask to be Alves stand in. No odds about that i can see but i'd make Fitch a big odds favourite and rightly so.
A couple right, didn't go on Fitch, didn't even look for a price. Looking forward to Gomi v Florian on Wednesday!!