** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Tennis - Australian Open

Re: Tennis - Australian Open Federer (-3.5) @ 2.05 This seems like a low line, Federer should win this game if he can continue the form he was showing since he beat Hewitt in the Round of 16. Murray is also going to have all the pressure of finally winning a Grand Slam title for GBR. This is compared to the calm and collected Federer who never seems to have any pressure on him no matter what the situation (Down 6-1 in the tie-break at Wimbledon 09?). Murray does have the game to beat Federer, as their H2H record shows, but experience plays a huge factor in these kind of games and I expect Federer to win this in 4 sets. Good luck everyone, it should be a great game. :ok

• Replies 345
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Tennis - Australian Open quick question can someone please advise. How do they decide who serves the first game of the first set (to start the match)? is it done by coin toss or something? I see odds on who t o win first game, and they actually have fed -140. it's as if the bookie is simply assuming fed will start first for no reason?

Re: Tennis - Australian Open

Would love to give an honest opinion on today's final but i'm afraid i'm rather biased so i'll leave it to the neutrals. C'mon Andy! :clap
Aw ra best Andy:clap Honestly tho a cant see past the Fedexpress,he's in a diffrent league:notworthy Have ye no go a photo of Murray wi the Scotland flag:unsure:unsure

Had Federer to win the Open in a 7-leg multi this week that was @ 90.1, and Federer is the only leg to still run with all others winning. :loon Counting on Fed to turn my $3 into $270. :)
C'mon Fed, close it out now. :hope

Had Federer to win the Open in a 7-leg multi this week that was @ 90.1, and Federer is the only leg to still run with all others winning. :loon Counting on Fed to turn my $3 into $270. :)
:nana
Federer (-3.5) @ 2.05 This seems like a low line, Federer should win this game if he can continue the form he was showing since he beat Hewitt in the Round of 16. Murray is also going to have all the pressure of finally winning a Grand Slam title for GBR. This is compared to the calm and collected Federer who never seems to have any pressure on him no matter what the situation (Down 6-1 in the tie-break at Wimbledon 09?). Murray does have the game to beat Federer, as their H2H record shows, but experience plays a huge factor in these kind of games and I expect Federer to win this in 4 sets.
:nana

Australian Open - Outright: Roger Federer EW at 4.00 He was my pick before the draw and now that it's been made, I can only see one winner of this tournament. He's got a pretty easy draw, I make it that he'll meet Andreev, Hanescu and Montanes before he takes on Hewitt or Baghdatis. He'll have too much for either of them. A potential quarter final against Davydenko or Verdasco would be tricky, but both of these players have tough draws and I'm not even convinced Davydenko will last in the heat of Melbourne over five sets. The same can be said of Djokovic, who has a tough draw and will have to overcome either Soderling or Tsonga en route to the semis. The slams are now Federer's number one priority and I reckon he'll be desperate to win the first of the new decade. There are slight concerns over an arm injury, but I really can't see him slipping up until the final, where I'd be guaranteed a profit. I have to take the world no.1 at these odds. Bet strength: 4pts Australian Open - Outright: Marin Cilic EW at 25.00 The Croat is the next big thing to come through in the tennis scene. He retained his Chennai title at the start of the year and played very well. These courts will suit his game and he's proven that he can mix it with the best players, beating Andy Murray in the US Open. The Australian Open always seems to throw up a surprise finalist or someone who knives through unnoticed (Verdasco, Tsonga, Gonzalez, Baghdatis, Johansson). I think Cilic is capable of beating guys like Murray and Nadal, the main dangers in his half of the draw. Small bet as this is very speculative, but I reckon Cilic is worth a play here. Bet strength: 1pt
Obviously Cilic came down in the semis, but Federer ensures a very tasty profit from the Oz Open :cow