** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

The Punters Lounge 100/1 Challenge

• Replies 312
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: The Punters Lounge 100/1 Challenge - TWO MORE WINNERS TODAY

NP' date=' mate. It's more a question what we do with the decutions. Don't wanna see myself on that table until I hit the 100s anyway :loon ;)[/quote'] Mileni, I appreciate your honesty but missed this earlier. I didnt realise there had been a NR. I've just looked on William Hill's site and they applied a 25p R4 on all prices up to 12:30, so Ogii escaped a deduction on his 33/1 by the look of things. But cos you posted your bet before 12:30, how much of a deduction did your bookie apply to your 40/1? 25p in the pound as well? I covered this earlier in the rules but like in BBOTD I will ignore the 5p and 10p rule 4's, but anything above that I think we have to take note of, if fancied runners are being taken out of races. Sorry for not picking up on this earlier.

why the frig was that horse 40/1 this morning? Proven on soft ground' date=' yard bang in form and had ran credibly at the track previously. Think I need to start paying more attention to the hurdles races![/quote'] Like BH always says. Nothing sees things better than your eyes. I remember he won nicely at Wetherby. I thought about backing him that day and kicked myslef for not doing so. Went and watched the replay again today and he could have won by a distance if PJ Benson hadn't eased him in the final furlong. And this fella Lane is a very capable jockey as well. Rode a brillaint race from the front on another 33/1 horse I had last week finishing 3rd. The way the horse galloped in the Wetherby mud showed he is way ahead of the handicapper and today's 110 - 3lbs claim was a winnable mark.

20p mate. BlueSq and Sky. 32/1 for me just below that lucky bastard ;)
I just might pray that you will not have bad intentions sitting on my back :rollin Nice shot, i do not know you posted it on your thread, but in fact you are the person that benefit very well from it, instead of myself, but the day was perfect for me and i will not smack my head on the wall :)

20p mate. BlueSq and Sky. 32/1 for me just below that lucky bastard ;)
cheers, I've amended the table. The RP tissue had it at 20/1 didnt they, can't beleive people were laying it at 80/1 considering the horse had won as recently as November. Its not as if it was a no hoper. Good on you both for noticing the discrepency.

Re: The Punters Lounge 100/1 Challenge - TWO MORE WINNERS TODAY ogii55 Dedicated Punter Join Date: 01 Jan 2009 Location: Sofia, Bulgaria Posts: 211 Best bet of the day 6th Feb Sandown 3.40 Monkerhostin 1 pt W Blue Square 26.00 Last year on the same race he was the top weigher and exluding the faller Gungadu he had a stone more then the next horse. However looked was very competative until 3-4 fences. Obviusly the most awarded horse from the field. Had a win over Kauto, participate in some Gold cups..... But is he really to old? Ok, last season he lost by almost a photo finisher from Niche Market, the future Irish national. And Niche Market had almost 2 stones advantage over Monkerhostin.... The horse had already big odds win in Sandown 2 seasons ago. His lovely going is good/soft (as it will be tomorrow). Will ride for the first time from last few starts with 11/5 weight, thanks to one of the most capable young jockeys. Just remember what did Nathan Sweeney with The Sawyer. His jockey Griffits is amasing, just look at his stats this season - 25% wins in chases with odds like 7.00, 13.00 and 34.00... couple of big priced places as well.... This is maybe the longest post for the horse i am writing..., hope it counts. Hobbs stable is in amazing form, specialy chasers. GL One of those pesky Bulgarians does it again:lol:ok

Re: The Punters Lounge 100/1 Challenge - TWO MORE WINNERS TODAY Sensational stuff from Ogii who nails the veteran Monkerhostin in the staying chase at Sandown. Cracking pick considering the length of time the horse has had off the track. :clap:clap:clap Punters Lounge 100/1 Challenge 2010 Price - Tipster - Selection - Date and track - form comment 54/1 - Fintron - GAILY NOBLE - 3rd February, Lingfield - (SP 20/1) broke well, tracked leaders, led inside final furlong, won by 1.25 lengths 33/1 - Ogii55 - PETERS STAR - 5th February, Catterick - (smashed into SP of 12/1), with leader, led approaching 8th, ridden and under pressure last, stayed on gamely flat, 1 length winner 33/1 - Ogii55 - INOMA JAMES - 31st January, Punchestown - strongly supported into an SP of 16/1, mid-division, headway in 6th 8 out, 2nd next, led before 4 out, ridden clear before 2 out, kept on strongly, eased close home, comfortable seven length winner 33/1 - Jk - LUJIANA - (SP 25/1) 10th January, Southwell - led halfway, ridden 1f out, ran on well and won by 2 lengths 32/1 - Mileni4uk - PETERS STAR -5th February, Catterick - (40/1, 20p R4, smashed into SP of 12/1), with leader, led approaching 8th, ridden and under pressure last, stayed on gamely flat, 1 length winner 28/1 - Tedthewolf - THE SAWYER - 23rd January, Ascot - (smashed in to SP of 8/1), with leaders, led 7th, made rest, ridden 2 out, kept on flat, just held on 25/1 - Mileni4uk - JACKERS - 24th January, Towcester - (smashed into SP of 11/1), held up towards rear, headway approaching 7th, led after 2 out, stayed on well and 5 length winner 25/1 - Ogii55 - MONKERHOSTIN - 6th February, Sandown (SP 20/1) -held up in rear,steady headway 17th, chased leaders 4 out, challenged and hit 3 out, ridden before last, stayed on gamely to lead last strides, won by a nose. 25/1 - Dannyfield - LUJIANA -10th January, Southwell - led halfway, ridden 1f out, ran on well and won by 2 lengths

Re: The Punters Lounge 100/1 Challenge - Ogii on fire - ANOTHER WINNER

Ogii can I borrow that crystal ball of yours for the Cheltenham feestival mate? :lol Absolutely fantastic tipping :clap:clap
I Just find a four-leaf clover few weeks ago and it works :) You may try it too for the fest :)

Re: The Punters Lounge 100/1 Challenge - Ogii on fire - ANOTHER WINNER Cheers BH. Trotter forced his way into the table with Sandy Toes, a horse he picked for a variety of reasons including his own speed figures and because of the apt name!! Great tipping indeed and the third entrant to have plundered a big win from Southwell :clap:clap Punters Lounge 100/1 Challenge 2010 Price - Tipster - Selection - Date and track - form comment 54/1 - Fintron - GAILY NOBLE - 3rd February, Lingfield - (SP 20/1) broke well, tracked leaders, led inside final furlong, won by 1.25 lengths 33/1 - Ogii55 - PETERS STAR - 5th February, Catterick - (smashed into SP of 12/1), with leader, led approaching 8th, ridden and under pressure last, stayed on gamely flat, 1 length winner 33/1 - Ogii55 - INOMA JAMES - 31st January, Punchestown - strongly supported into an SP of 16/1, mid-division, headway in 6th 8 out, 2nd next, led before 4 out, ridden clear before 2 out, kept on strongly, eased close home, comfortable seven length winner 33/1 - Jk - LUJIANA - (SP 25/1) 10th January, Southwell - led halfway, ridden 1f out, ran on well and won by 2 lengths 32/1 - Mileni4uk - PETERS STAR -5th February, Catterick - (40/1, 20p R4, smashed into SP of 12/1), with leader, led approaching 8th, ridden and under pressure last, stayed on gamely flat, 1 length winner 28/1 - Tedthewolf - THE SAWYER - 23rd January, Ascot - (smashed in to SP of 8/1), with leaders, led 7th, made rest, ridden 2 out, kept on flat, just held on 28/1 - Trotter - SANDY TOES - 9th February, Southwell - (SP 33/1) chased leaders, effort over 1f out, hard ridden to lead well inside final furlong, all out, winner by a head 25/1 - Mileni4uk - JACKERS - 24th January, Towcester - (smashed into SP of 11/1), held up towards rear, headway approaching 7th, led after 2 out, stayed on well and 5 length winner 25/1 - Ogii55 - MONKERHOSTIN - 6th February, Sandown (SP 20/1) -held up in rear,steady headway 17th, chased leaders 4 out, challenged and hit 3 out, ridden before last, stayed on gamely to lead last strides, won by a nose. 25/1 - Dannyfield - LUJIANA -10th January, Southwell - led halfway, ridden 1f out, ran on well and won by 2 lengths

Re: The Punters Lounge 100/1 Challenge - Trotter Enters the Fray I see there was a 100/1 winner yesterday Fintron at Hereford in the 2-50 race, there was also one a few weeks ago when the horse Ruby Walsh was riding got beat by a Nigel T, Davies trained horse and riden by Paddy Brennan, the name fails me for now. It just shows it can be done, i'll put a selection forward soon enough, i can smell that £20 and i'll have a jar on you.

Re: The Punters Lounge 100/1 Challenge - Trotter Enters the Fray

I see there was a 100/1 winner yesterday Fintron at Hereford in the 2-50 race, there was also one a few weeks ago when the horse Ruby Walsh was riding got beat by a Nigel T, Davies trained horse and riden by Paddy Brennan, the name fails me for now. It just shows it can be done, i'll put a selection forward soon enough, i can smell that £20 and i'll have a jar on you.
Yeah I saw that 100/1 winner and wondered if anyone on here had nabbed it. I think the best chances of someone bagging a 100/1 winner will be on the exchanges, but even when its finished I'll carry on updating the table, a sort of hall of fame, if others think its a good idea. get yourself entered Jimmy and by all means claim that pint!

• 4 weeks later...

Re: The Punters Lounge 100/1 Challenge - Trotter Enters the Fray Its been a month since I last posted in the thread, things have been a bit hectic for me so havent been on PL half as much as I was in the past and theres a good chance I have missed winners on here at some point. Has anyone bagged any 25/1 + winners that need putting into the chart? Im sure there will be lots of action around Cheltenham next week if not.......

Re: The Punters Lounge 100/1 Challenge On the subject of Cheltenham how about.... Been looking at the Gold Cup: This is an outstanding each way race. Where the favourite Kauto Star is an odds-on shot (ideal for each way betting). What if Kauto Star did not run to form for some reason? Second favourite unseated last time, seemingly scaring himself in the process. Would not be at all surprised if Denman was not placed at all. Third favourite Imperial Commander is a doubtful stayer. Fourth fav Cooldine may well improve, but has yet to put up a performance much better than the rest of the field. Would not put anyone off backing Tricky Trickster if you still think he's value. Is 16/1 enough though? Still unexposed, but will have to improve a good deal from Newbury to even reach the frame. Quite possible, but what price would Niche Market be in this? The rest of the field are 66/1 and more. I like 8 runners for each way betting, but take out the rank , no hopers Cerium and Mr Pointment. Mon Mome has next to no chance at this trip on goodish ground, does not have enough speed. Casey Jones and Calgary Bay might run in the William Hill instead. So how many are you left with? My Will ran well last year, but doubtful he'll be primed until April's target. Carruthers arguably ran better than his position of second suggests last time. Got embroiled in a pace dual with both Madison Du Berlais and Joe Lively. Time before put up the best performance of his career when beating subsequent easy handicap winner Big Fella Thanks. So still unexposed. It is possible, if not probable he's best on softer going, but that could be that he's better with a test of stamina. Should get the stamina test here. Did finish second in a bumper on a firm surface. At 66/1 each way nrnb, bog, I believe he's worth chancing the ground. Might be worth taking 100/1 each way nrnb, bog, Calgary Bay too. I think he's a bit like Khyber Kim in that he's been a bit temperamental. But did nothing wrong over 3 miles on good-firm last time. Winning a class 2 handicap under 11 st 10 lbs. Stamina yet to be proven, but is bred to stay. From the family of Grey Abbey. Has been inconsistent in the past, but record on goodish going is pretty decent. There won't be many better looking animals in the parade ring either. Might he yet fulfil his tall reputation? With money back if he does go to the William Hill ,100/1 looks too good to miss. Both prices at William Hill. Realise you could get a bit better on the exchanges, but feel non-runner no bet is important.

Re: The Punters Lounge 100/1 Challenge On the whole a very tough opening day of the festival for punters today, but one man cheering whilst many others were throwing wasted slips at the TV was Stewart, who tipped up A NEW STORY at 40/1 last night for the Cross Country Chase. Superb call :clap:clap:clap Punters Lounge 100/1 Challenge 2010 Price - Tipster - Selection - Date and track - form comment 54/1 - Fintron - GAILY NOBLE - 3rd February, Lingfield - (SP 20/1) broke well, tracked leaders, led inside final furlong, won by 1.25 lengths 40/1 - Stewartd14 - A NEW STORY - 16th March, Cheltenham - (SP 25/1) - held up in touch, pecked 19th, headway 3 out, ridden after next, challenged last, led flat, stayed on well, won by 2.5 lengths 33/1 - Ogii55 - PETERS STAR - 5th February, Catterick - (smashed into SP of 12/1), with leader, led approaching 8th, ridden and under pressure last, stayed on gamely flat, 1 length winner 33/1 - Ogii55 - INOMA JAMES - 31st January, Punchestown - strongly supported into an SP of 16/1, mid-division, headway in 6th 8 out, 2nd next, led before 4 out, ridden clear before 2 out, kept on strongly, eased close home, comfortable seven length winner 33/1 - Jk - LUJIANA - (SP 25/1) 10th January, Southwell - led halfway, ridden 1f out, ran on well and won by 2 lengths 32/1 - Mileni4uk - PETERS STAR -5th February, Catterick - (40/1, 20p R4, smashed into SP of 12/1), with leader, led approaching 8th, ridden and under pressure last, stayed on gamely flat, 1 length winner 28/1 - Tedthewolf - THE SAWYER - 23rd January, Ascot - (smashed in to SP of 8/1), with leaders, led 7th, made rest, ridden 2 out, kept on flat, just held on 28/1 - Trotter - SANDY TOES - 9th February, Southwell - (SP 33/1) chased leaders, effort over 1f out, hard ridden to lead well inside final furlong, all out, winner by a head 25/1 - Mileni4uk - JACKERS - 24th January, Towcester - (smashed into SP of 11/1), held up towards rear, headway approaching 7th, led after 2 out, stayed on well and 5 length winner 25/1 - Ogii55 - MONKERHOSTIN - 6th February, Sandown (SP 20/1) -held up in rear,steady headway 17th, chased leaders 4 out, challenged and hit 3 out, ridden before last, stayed on gamely to lead last strides, won by a nose. 25/1 - Dannyfield - LUJIANA -10th January, Southwell - led halfway, ridden 1f out, ran on well and won by 2 lengths

Re: The Punters Lounge 100/1 Challenge - STEWART bags a 40/1 Chelto winner Tipster 5000 was also in the money today, he managed the first four Cheltenham winners :loon:clap:clap:clap:clap Chief Dan George (33/1) gets him onto the table. Punters Lounge 100/1 Challenge 2010 Price - Tipster - Selection - Date and track - form comment 54/1 - Fintron - GAILY NOBLE - 3rd February, Lingfield - (SP 20/1) broke well, tracked leaders, led inside final furlong, won by 1.25 lengths 40/1 - Stewartd14 - A NEW STORY - 16th March, Cheltenham - (SP 25/1) - held up in touch, pecked 19th, headway 3 out, ridden after next, challenged last, led flat, stayed on well, won by 2.5 lengths 33/1 - Ogii55 - PETERS STAR - 5th February, Catterick - (smashed into SP of 12/1), with leader, led approaching 8th, ridden and under pressure last, stayed on gamely flat, 1 length winner 33/1 - Ogii55 - INOMA JAMES - 31st January, Punchestown - strongly supported into an SP of 16/1, mid-division, headway in 6th 8 out, 2nd next, led before 4 out, ridden clear before 2 out, kept on strongly, eased close home, comfortable seven length winner 33/1 - Jk - LUJIANA - (SP 25/1) 10th January, Southwell - led halfway, ridden 1f out, ran on well and won by 2 lengths 33/1 - Tipster5000 - CHIEF DAN GEORGE- (SP 33/1) 16th March, Cheltenham - always prominent, challenged 3 out, led after next, ridden and headed approaching last, rallied to lead again flat, held on near finish, won by a hd 32/1 - Mileni4uk - PETERS STAR -5th February, Catterick - (40/1, 20p R4, smashed into SP of 12/1), with leader, led approaching 8th, ridden and under pressure last, stayed on gamely flat, 1 length winner 28/1 - Tedthewolf - THE SAWYER - 23rd January, Ascot - (smashed in to SP of 8/1), with leaders, led 7th, made rest, ridden 2 out, kept on flat, just held on 28/1 - Trotter - SANDY TOES - 9th February, Southwell - (SP 33/1) chased leaders, effort over 1f out, hard ridden to lead well inside final furlong, all out, winner by a head 25/1 - Mileni4uk - JACKERS - 24th January, Towcester - (smashed into SP of 11/1), held up towards rear, headway approaching 7th, led after 2 out, stayed on well and 5 length winner 25/1 - Ogii55 - MONKERHOSTIN - 6th February, Sandown (SP 20/1) -held up in rear,steady headway 17th, chased leaders 4 out, challenged and hit 3 out, ridden before last, stayed on gamely to lead last strides, won by a nose. 25/1 - Dannyfield - LUJIANA -10th January, Southwell - led halfway, ridden 1f out, ran on well and won by 2 lengths

Re: The Punters Lounge 100/1 Challenge - STEWART/TIPSTER bag festival winners great work Ted :clap:clap I've got to nip out tonight but will get on top of this again tomorrow and try find the other bets that have no doubt been banged in during Cheltenham, with big priced winners aplenty