** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

The Punters Lounge 100/1 Challenge

• Replies 312
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: The Punters Lounge 100/1 Challenge I'll leave the lower price limit for the roll of honor at 25/1 then. What about the Betfair problem. I am sure in some races you can probably get 100.0+ on the exchanges for horses priced 40/1 or so with firms, but is there away round the problem of knowing who got what price when? Apart from taking screenshots I cannot think of a way around it. For the sake of £20, is it best just sticking to fixed odds firms? what do you guys think?

Re: The Punters Lounge 100/1 Challenge

I'll leave the lower price limit for the roll of honor at 25/1 then. What about the Betfair problem. I am sure in some races you can probably get 100.0+ on the exchanges for horses priced 40/1 or so with firms, but is there away round the problem of knowing who got what price when? Apart from taking screenshots I cannot think of a way around it. For the sake of £20, is it best just sticking to fixed odds firms? what do you guys think?
Fin, we accept the BF price on here, I quite often back with them aka Dream alliance last week @ 38.0 (20/1 SP). Proof can be given after the event from the BF history page if required

Re: The Punters Lounge 100/1 Challenge I do as well Bowles, Betfair is a backers market afterall and when you fancy an outsider there will always be a mug layer waiting to lay it at any price possible - sometimes stupidly big. I was uncertain on this but if there is a results page that is easily checkable then I'll amend the original rules so we can take Betfair prices. If the worst comes to the worst I suppose I can ask the punter to take a screen shot of the race screen, which is a piece of cake to do and I can explain to anyone that needs help. I'll go back and amend the original rules.

Re: The Punters Lounge 100/1 Challenge I know antepost bets don't count, but it would be nice to hit a 100+ winner anyway. My biggest ever has been 85.0 at Betfair on something Frisky posted in the daily threads long time ago. Those are currently pending for me .. French Opera @ 140.0 - Arkle Cousin Viny @ 150.0, Tarablaze @ 140.0 - RSA Jack The Giant @ 140.0, Mikael D'haguenet @ 310.0 - Ryanair Mikael D'haguenet @ 220.0 - Queen Mum Glencove Marina @ 250.0 - Gold Cup Mourad @ 150.0 - World Hurdle King Johns Castle @ 120.0 - Grand National

I know antepost bets don't count, but it would be nice to hit a 100+ winner anyway. My biggest ever has been 85.0 at Betfair on something Frisky posted in the daily threads long time ago. Those are currently pending for me .. French Opera @ 140.0 - Arkle Cousin Viny @ 150.0, Tarablaze @ 140.0 - RSA Jack The Giant @ 140.0, Mikael D'haguenet @ 310.0 - Ryanair Mikael D'haguenet @ 220.0 - Queen Mum Glencove Marina @ 250.0 - Gold Cup Mourad @ 150.0 - World Hurdle King Johns Castle @ 120.0 - Grand National
Like you say, they won't count for the prize but I suppose I can keep tabs of ante-posts in a seperate list can't I. The only ante-post bet I have running at 100.0+ is Gone To Lunch for the National, placed on 14th Nov at 120.0. The only problem is that the layers only gave me 10p at that odds then shut up shop on the rest of the bet (unmatched and now cancelled), so I only win a tenner if he comes in :lol RE Betfair odds for the normal races than will count, a 100.0 winner wins the prize (strictly 99/1 but splitting hairs I feel to deny anyone that nails a winner at that price). I supposed reduction factors, like rule 4's, have to be factored into prices though, as they will with all bets.

• 2 weeks later...

Re: The Punters Lounge 100/1 Challenge #2 (permalink) dannyfield Newbie Punter Join Date: 24 Dec 2009 Location: swindon Age: 27 Posts: 45 Re: Southwell - Sunday 10th Jan LUJIANA 1.20 has had 2 races over C&D and has finished 1st and 2nd both in class 6 races,so at 25/1 worth an ew bet Missed that. Great Shout Danny :clap:clap Let's hope the weather picks up soon so we can get plenty more like these:ok

Re: The Punters Lounge 100/1 Challenge thanks for pointing that one out guys, I haven't been as active as normal these past couple of days and have taken several days off from the sport - and missed that one. Fantastic shout Danny, heres the leaderboard.... Punters Lounge 100/1 Challenge 2010 Price - Tipster - Selection - Date and track - form comment 25/1 - Dannyfield - LUJIANA -10th January, Southwell - led halfway, ridden 1f out ran on well and won by 2 lengths :clap:clap If anyone else bags a 25/1+ winner and I miss it please post something in here as it could happen again on one of my non gambling days :ok

Stu had 40/1 winner with Bold Rose the other day at Lingfield I believe
I think he mentionned it but went for something else in the race........it was the one where it 'nearly' fitted his new system but there was another one in the race that did fit it............eek !

Re: The Punters Lounge 100/1 Challenge Nah I had Bold Rose win @ 50/1 in the daily threads 2 weeks back, if you read the start this is what got fintron onto the idea for this thread, it was 3rd again today @ 20/1, had it in the daily threads again today :ok Slowly becoming a favourite of mine :lol

• 2 weeks later...

Re: The Punters Lounge 100/1 Challenge have we had any more 25/1+ winners in the past week that I might have missed? Its been a bit of a bummer with the snow and so many meetings re-arranged. There isnt much hope of finding massive priced winners when the majority of racing is small field AW stuff. I was thinking about the rules again the other day with reference to rule 4's and reduction factors. Like BH does in BBOTD I think we should apply them to prices, but not the 5p's and 10p's (which some firms ignore anyway). On Betfair they seem to always apply a reduction factor even if a big outsider is withdrawn but if its 10 % or less then I reckon it should just be ignored. Any 100.0+ winner on the exchanges wins the prize (I know its strictly 99/1 but thats splitting hairs). If someone did post a 25/1 shot in the meeting thread and the price was subjected to deductions I think it should still be included in the table in here, and just asterisked.

Re: The Punters Lounge 100/1 Challenge 3.45 THE SAWYER 28/1 The Sawyer will love the ground and can get back on track and the price looks too big. Just a quick question if i may Fin:ok I backed a horse today at 25/1 BOG . SP returned 40/1. BF returned a starting price of 100. It was 2nd but if it had a won how would things have stood? I didn't back it for the win on BF. :cheers

3.45 THE SAWYER 28/1 The Sawyer will love the ground and can get back on track and the price looks too big. Just a quick question if i may Fin:ok I backed a horse today at 25/1 BOG . SP returned 40/1. BF returned a starting price of 100. It was 2nd but if it had a won how would things have stood? I didn't back it for the win on BF. :cheers
I think you must have cracked open the celebratory bubbly a bit too early Ted.:D First of all, well done on a fantastic pick :clap:clap To pick a 28/1 shot that is backed into 8's and wins is what this game is all about for me, outstanding :clap However, you are confusing me a little. You say it came second, but it won! Also, are you sure the Betfair SP is 100.0. Thats seems too much of a discepency considering the industry SP was 8/1 and that the horse has been backed in all day? With regards to the prices I think we have to mirror the situation in real life, so anyone backing on Betfair shouldn't be able to take Betfair SP's as well as they price they got matched. Punters can either back on Betfair and take the higher odds initially or can alternatively back though a fixed odds firm with a possibly lower price, but have the additional benefit of bog. I think its only fair that winners to Betfair SP are those that have betfair SP written in the write up. Hope this is okay with everyone? Another thing I think I should comment on that hasn't been mentioned, I think people backing on the TBP and w/o the fav markets should also have their entries counted, but not forecasts, as that isnt what the comp was designed to recognise. Hope this is ok with everyone but as ever its open to discussion if people think its unfair/slack etc.

Re: The Punters Lounge 100/1 Challenge Sorry mate different horse. the bit in red is BF sp:- I'll throw another one in e/w in the 1.55 shame only 15 go to post now. Irish trained CLENI BOY 25/1 has fell last to starts but was going well at the time LTO. IF he stays on his feet he can provide a shock in this C3 race. 1:55 Wincanton Cup(HANDICAP CHASE) (3) 3m1f 110yds Going: Heavy Pos. Dist. Horse Age Weight Eqp Jockey OR In-Play Price SPs and Advantage Trainer High Low BSP ISP +/- Place 1 Richard's Sundance (IRE) 8 11-9 Harry Skelton (3) V. R. A. Dartnall 134 19.50 - 23.01 15 49% 3.57 2 5 Cleni Boy (FR) 8 10-13 Liam Heard J. D. Moore, Ireland 121 - 1.47 100 41 135% 11

Re: The Punters Lounge 100/1 Challenge Updated leaderboard...... Punters Lounge 100/1 Challenge 2010 Price - Tipster - Selection - Date and track - form comment 28/1 - Tedthewolf - THE SAWYER - 23rd January, Ascot - (smashed in to SP of 8/1), with leaders, led 7th, made rest, ridden 2 out, kept on flat, just held on 25/1 - Dannyfield - LUJIANA -10th January, Southwell - led halfway, ridden 1f out ran on well and won by 2 lengths

Sorry mate different horse. the bit in red is BF sp:- I'll throw another one in e/w in the 1.55 shame only 15 go to post now. Irish trained CLENI BOY 25/1 has fell last to starts but was going well at the time LTO. IF he stays on his feet he can provide a shock in this C3 race. 1:55 Wincanton Cup(HANDICAP CHASE) (3) 3m1f 110yds Going: Heavy Pos. Dist. Horse Age Weight Eqp Jockey OR In-Play Price SPs and Advantage Trainer High Low BSP ISP +/- Place 1 Richard's Sundance (IRE) 8 11-9 Harry Skelton (3) V. R. A. Dartnall 134 19.50 - 23.01 15 49% 3.57 2 5 Cleni Boy (FR) 8 10-13 Liam Heard J. D. Moore, Ireland 121 - 1.47 100 41 135% 11
Ok Ted, I get you now :ok I hope I've cleared this up now in my previous post but glad that you've flagged this up now in case something similar happens in future. I think if you have taken a price then for the purposes of this competition you shouldn't also have the benefit of a Betfair SP too. Also if anyone takes a Betfair price, they don't get the benefit of a Betfair SP either, as that is the case in real life. People can use Betfair SP's in this comp and have their entries counted, but only if they specify betfair SP in their original write up.