** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

KEY RACE: King George Chase - Kempton 26th Dec - 3m - Winner Kauto Star

bowles10

Saturday December 26 2009 Kempton 15:05 William Hill King George Vi Chase £200000.00 added, 4yo plus, 3m, Class 1 14 runners Going: Good to Soft Sky Bet special - bet £30, get £30 free!

FormHorseAgeWtTrainerJockeyORNagMeBet
303-P13Albertas Run (IRE) 16 8- Jonjo O'Neill 165 nag.gif SP SP 20/1
21/210-4Barbers Shop 28 7- N J Henderson 156 nag.gif SP SP 16/1
2121-11Deep Purple 16 8- Evan Williams 159 nag.gif SP SP 12/1
4/161-P2Imperial Commander (IRE) 35 8- N A Twiston-Davies 174 nag.gif SP SP 11/2
2/1U11-1Kauto Star (FR) 35 9- P F Nicholls 186 nag.gif SP SP 4/7
61101-3Madison Du Berlais (FR) 35 8- D E Pipe 169 nag.gif SP SP 8/1
5111-12Master Medic (IRE) 35 8- R H & Mrs S Alner 156 nag.gif SP SP 50/1
2113-0PNacarat (FR) 28 8- T R George 162 nag.gif SP SP 14/1
550F2-3Ollie Magern 56 11- N A Twiston-Davies 151 nag.gif SP SP 100/1
PP4-61ROur Vic (IRE) 14 11- D E Pipe 155 nag.gif SP SP 40/1
14360/5Racing Demon (IRE) 16 9- Miss H C Knight 156 nag.gif SP SP 66/1
13P6-45Roll Along (IRE) 47 9- N A Twiston-Davies 157 nag.gif SP SP 66/1
0-14204Sandymac (IRE) 17 9- G L Moore 100 nag.gif SP SP 500/1
151-002Tartak (FR) 16 6- T R George 149 nag.gif SP SP 40/1
Last Winner
YearHorseTrainerJockeySPAgeWt
2008Kauto Star (FR)P F NichollsR Walsh10/11F811-10

Re: KEY RACE: King George Chase - Kempton 26th Dec - 3m What a race this shapes up to be :tongue2 Kauto Star bids for his FOURTH straight win in the race. Last year he came into the race off the back of a fall in the Betfair Chase, this time around he won that same race. Imperial Commander ran him close in this years prep race and was only defeated by a nose. The handicapper rated that as an improved effort by 9 lbs, so he is up to 174 now. That run showed he will get three miles (that was on soft ground too) but the question is whether he is as good on a right handed track as he is going left-handed - all wins have come on galloping, left-handed courses. He is improving though and it looks a fascinating re-match. Barber's Shop has to be taken seriously with Nicky Henderson is scintillating form of late. The horse failed to see out the longer trip in the Gold Cup but a combination of his listed level win at Sandown and his credible fourth in the Hennessy last time out suggests he will get three miles here. He has a bit to find on official figures but he remains open to improvement at this trip and looks a classy type the way he travels. Madison du Berlais goes well on flat tracks and may be better now he has got a run under his belt, but competition for the lead looks likely again, and given the way he faded in the Betfair chase when similarly not getting his own way out in front, he needs to raise his game to be involved here IMO. I think Deep Purple is fascinating. He went into the Charlie Hall as a talented young chaser with stamina to prove and despite showing a tendency to race prominently in most of his previous wins, was able to keep up with the pace and still score, finishing his race strongly when it looked at one point that Ollie Magern may notch up yet another Wetherby win. He saw his rating raised 8 lbs but marked further improvement when landing the Peterborough Chase at Huntingdon last time out. Friendless in the betting the Evan Williams' runner drifted from the 8/1 first show out to 14/1 at one point, but returned a 12/1 winner, hanging right on the flat but staying on well. He seems very versatile with regards to track type - he's won going in both directions and on galloping and sharp tracks, including Kempton. Now rated 166 he has a difficult task off level weights with Kauto rated 20 lbs superior. I think Kauto ran below form somewhat at Haydock, even if Imperial Commander did improve, and I think Kauto may perhaps run to a mark of about 180 here and that may prove enough for the odds on favourite to win the race. But taking Kauto out of the equation Deep Purple perhaps looks to be battling with Imperial Commander, Barber's Shop and Madison du Berlais IMO and he's running off a decent enough weight with those three. Imperial Commander is 8 lb better on official figures but maybe he can only run truly to that rating at Cheltenham? Deep Purple is in stronger recent form than the other two so on that basis I'll take him in the betting w/o the fav market. 6/1 Blue Sq.

Re: KEY RACE: King George Chase - Kempton 26th Dec - 3m Really praying this one goes ahead. Although the word from the track is that they are confident, im not so sure. Still that said if it does go, i think Kauto Star will win and i believe it may in the end be quite comfortable considering its for an astonishing fourth in a row. The BF Chase at Haydock was a great watch and fantastic finale but on everything i look at i cant help but feel Kauto did not perform to his best on the day, whereas Imperial Commander really did. The obvious comment is Kauto still won despite this! Of the others id agree Deep Purple is worth a look in the W/O Fav market. Id certainly prefer that to Madison. At the huger prices the old boy Our Vic might run into a place if its in the right mood!

Re: KEY RACE: King George Chase - Kempton 26th Dec - 3m Can't be having Kauto Star and think he's gonna struggle in this years race.Age and racing catch up with them eventually and definetly a bookie's bet 4/7bet365. Nicholl's & Ruby thinks hes better than ever--maybe their right--but at prices i'd much rather be a layer. Trainer said he was spot on for betfair and was well backed,yet only scraped home by s/h from Imperial C. Came over from France 2004 and has raced and won in top grade since and i'm sure we've seen the best of him,and cant have the trainers view than he's better. The hardest part now is finding the winner from the remaining runners DEEP PURPLE was impressive lto beating Alberta's by same distance K/Star beat in last years K/G Imperial Commander-- ran a sound race in betfair and looks as if improved Madison---has 2 ways of running,never got the credit he was due when beating DENMAN at Kempton l/year--if you look at that race he totally destroyed a good class field[not only Denman] Barbers Shop--Henderson has always held him in high regard,and ran a sound race in Henn.over a distance which is probably beyond him Alberta's---finished 2nd last year[beat 8l] so must have a chance -------------- conclusion will be laying K/Star and backing Deep Purple 12/1

Re: KEY RACE: King George Chase - Kempton 26th Dec - 3m Imperial Commander does worry me as it has only race right handed once at Kempton in this race last year btn 70L. I can't have it on this course over 3m. Its 6 wins have all come in races 21f or less, it has been placed twice over 3m both on flat tracks which is the only form of encouragement i can give. It shows its best form on good to soft ground which it should get on boxing day unless the rain keeps up between no & then. Looking at alternatives, surely Madison Du berlais must be worth a look, 9 wins orf which 3 came last season all over 3m or more. its aintree win could not have been more impressive although we will never know if Denman would have beaten it in the finish after it fell. Previous ot hat the horse demolished a decent field here at Kempton over 3m on Good/soft ground slamming Denman by 23L with Albertas Run a further 25L adrift. Pipe will have the horse spot on for this after its 3rd at Haydock first time up. i think at 10/1 Hills the odds look an ew steal. I am a big fan of Nacarat as the horse loves a flat track & won the RAcing Post chase here last season which is a plus. I rate MDB at least 5 or 6lb higher than this horse though & as both are confirmed front runners, i think Nacarat can run a big race also here & may get 20/1 in the end (16-18/1 at the moment) Kauto Star really needs no introduction. The form of its 3 wins here stands up & the horse seems to be full of running at this track over this flat 3m. The fences dont seem to cause any problems & i think it can win with its engine & jumping combined. With a rating of 186, i feel the horse is at least 10-12lbs better than any of its rivals & with its history in this race, i will be cheering it on to win a 4th King George for Clive Smith. Nacarat & MDB are ew possibles for me at the moment

Re: KEY RACE: King George Chase - Kempton 26th Dec - 3m One at a very big price that has a place chance is Hen Knights RACING DEMON 4/7 beaten 13l by Kauto in this last year when a 10/1 shot. Last run will have blown away the cobwebs much better than that and at 100/1 PP GAR is over priced imo. Will be interested to see what sort of price Ginge makes him in his book.

Re: KEY RACE: King George Chase - Kempton 26th Dec - 3m King George Here are some trends i have dug up about this famous race Last 12 runnings Age 6yo (2), 7yo (5), 8yo (1), 9yo (3), 11yo (1) Previous runs that season 1-3 12/12 LTO winners 10/11 (cannot get form on first gold?) LTO won or placed 11/11 Course & distance winners 4/11 Course winners 5/11 Previous course attempts 8/11 Distance winners 8/11 career runs 8-22 10/11 Career wins 5-12 10/11 Career wins 5+ 11/11 % of wins to runs 40%+ 11/11 Lets concentrate on the 100% trends of which there are a few Previous runs in the season 1-3 LTO won or placed Career wins 5+ % of wins to runs 40%+ Albertas run 4/4 Deep Purple 4/4 Imperial Commander 4/4 Kauto Star 4/4 Master Medic 4/4 So down to a field of 5 for this big race. Career runs between 8 -22 & career wins 5-12 leaves us with Imperial Commander 6-16 Master Medic 5-10 Kauto fails on the fact it has won 15 races now (an excellent record & one that the trends may struggle to hold back) For the trends bet, we will have the following Imperial Commander 6/1 >Bet365 (bog) 10pts win Master Medic 40/1 Stan James (bog) 5pts ew

Re: KEY RACE: King George Chase - Kempton 26th Dec - 3m Kauto Star is taken to win this race for the 4th time but today imv there are at least 4 others that can win this,the doubt with Kauto Star is LTO which was won on a nod and the cycle of form might be going down as others as good as Imperial Commander start making strides forward with their form,3 others have a good form score and we might get a horse that wins a big odds we never know but one thing i know i will lay Kauto Star 1pt lay,goodluck with your bets.

Re: KEY RACE: King George Chase - Kempton 26th Dec - 3m 3:05 Kempton: Nacarat 2pts win 1pt place 20/1 Boylesports Nacarat left a lasting impression when winning the Racing Post Chase here in February. He could take some catching if he gets in to a rythem early and goes off in front. Trainer Tom George is in good form with four winners from his last ten runners. This race has been the plan all season and the groung should be no problem either. There are negatives, Nacarat could be taken on for the lead and may set the race up for a closer. Nacarat has a lot to find with Kauto Star however that was a hard race at Haydock for Kauto and even for a true great, its hard to keep winning. Imperial Commander has to prove he is as good going right handed. Madison Du Berlais is another contender but a slight concern is the form of the Pipe stable. All in all Nacarat looks a decent bet at the price.

Re: KEY RACE: King George Chase - Kempton 26th Dec - 3m

i plumped for Master Medic which i took 40/1 on the other day & MDB who i backed this morning at 10's :ok Footie ends at 2.55pm ish so should get to the bookies to watch this
Can't you make up your mind Bowles? :lol I think Imperial Commander each way or betting without Kauto Star is an unbelievably good value bet.

Re: KEY RACE: King George Chase - Kempton 26th Dec - 3m Deep Purple burst a blood vessel and was pulled up. :wall It seemed to be going well but then dropped away and was obvious there was a problem. I have a question though, how does a jockey know when a horse has burst a blood vessel, is it visual and clear to see? My money was on this horse, shame I didn't get a run for my money as I wanted to see how progressive it really is stepping up to Grade 1 company.

Imperial Commander does worry me as it has only race right handed once at Kempton in this race last year btn 70L. I can't have it on this course over 3m. Its 6 wins have all come in races 21f or less, it has been placed twice over 3m both on flat tracks which is the only form of encouragement i can give. It shows its best form on good to soft ground which it should get on boxing day unless the rain keeps up between no & then. Looking at alternatives, surely Madison Du berlais must be worth a look, 9 wins orf which 3 came last season all over 3m or more. its aintree win could not have been more impressive although we will never know if Denman would have beaten it in the finish after it fell. Previous ot hat the horse demolished a decent field here at Kempton over 3m on Good/soft ground slamming Denman by 23L with Albertas Run a further 25L adrift. Pipe will have the horse spot on for this after its 3rd at Haydock first time up. i think at 10/1 Hills the odds look an ew steal. I am a big fan of Nacarat as the horse loves a flat track & won the RAcing Post chase here last season which is a plus. I rate MDB at least 5 or 6lb higher than this horse though & as both are confirmed front runners, i think Nacarat can run a big race also here & may get 20/1 in the end (16-18/1 at the moment) Kauto Star really needs no introduction. The form of its 3 wins here stands up & the horse seems to be full of running at this track over this flat 3m. The fences dont seem to cause any problems & i think it can win with its engine & jumping combined. With a rating of 186, i feel the horse is at least 10-12lbs better than any of its rivals & with its history in this race, i will be cheering it on to win a 4th King George for Clive Smith. Nacarat & MDB are ew possibles for me at the moment
Not bad 1st 2nd & 4th, i thought KS would win but not by that far. Imperial HAS to race LH, so dont back it Right handed again, i doubt NTD will bring it back here now. MDB didnt run a great race but managed to beat those tired into 2nd. Nacarat led them a merry dance & if coming back here must be feared in lesser company.

Re: KEY RACE: King George Chase - Kempton 26th Dec - 3m sorry guys if i seem to have upset some of you with posting my exuberent celebrations after watching kauto star win the king george, i should have not bragged about the 7 quid that i won from a 10 pound stake, because horse racing is a mugs game always will be but i have to admit i am partial to the odd bet on kauto star, see you mugs in march or whenever it is the gold cup is run:moon:moon:moon

sorry guys if i seem to have upset some of you with posting my exuberent celebrations after watching kauto star win the king george' date=' i should have not bragged about the 7 quid that i won from a 10 pound stake, [b']because horse racing is a mugs game always will be but i have to admit i am partial to the odd bet on kauto star, see you mugs in march or whenever it is the gold cup is run:moon:moon:moon
Speak for yourself. ;)

sorry guys if i seem to have upset some of you with posting my exuberent celebrations after watching kauto star win the king george' date=' i should have not bragged about the 7 quid that i won from a 10 pound stake, because horse racing is a mugs game always will be but i have to admit i am partial to the odd bet on kauto star, see you mugs in march or whenever it is the gold cup is run:moon:moon:moon[/quote'] Normally a football coupon punter then? :lol

Re: KEY RACE: King George Chase - Kempton 26th Dec - 3m Wow you guys really do pounce on people quick. Well done Kauto, I was there, infact I'm on TV just before Ruby throws his goggles (or whatever you call em) into the crowd. :D That's his best performance yet, and lays down the gauntlet for Denman for sure. :loon

Re: KEY RACE: King George Chase - Kempton 26th Dec - 3m - Winner Kauto Star Had a nice antipost Treble - did Kauto Star both races and Denman in Hennessy so nice drink for New Year from that lot.:cheers Could not choose which one for the gold cup and also peeved that I did not have them in my list of top ten,just shows never assume horses lose form as they get older. When Kauto lost to Denman in the Gold Cup Kauto was not on top form that season we could all see it - seems a better horse now - reckon if both turn up its going to be a classic 2010 GOLD CUP.