** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

UEFA Europa League » Dec 17

Djordje

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: UEFA Europa League » Dec 17

Hi guys , been on a bit of a dry run but extremely hopeful I can get back on track with a bet on the team I know best, Celtic. Rapid Vienna V Celtic - Celtic(+1) win @ 1.80 ( William Hill ) 7/10 Firslty I think it is important to clear something up, coming into this game it has been suggested that the Celtic gaffer may rest a few of the big players, with one eye on the Hearts game this Sunday. However this is the squad that Tony Mowbrey has taken to Austria : Boruc, Hinkel, Caldwell, Loovens, Daniel Fox, Fortune, Robson, N'Guemo, Crosas, McGeady, Caddis, McDonald, Samaras, Wilson, Zaluska, McGinn, Carey, McManus, Killen In my opinion only 4 of that squad could be classed as 'fringe' or reserve players - Carey, Killen, Wilson and to a certain extent Caddis. Even so, Caddis and Wilson have both played CL level before and I cant see much problem with them having to fit into the side tonight. I suspect Mowbrey will make one or two changes to the team that won at the weekend but I dont envisage dramatic changes within the personell. Having looked at the squad and decided on possible line ups, I really can see the draw as a strong possibility in this game. Rapid drew 1-1 at Celtic Park in the previoius meeting between the two, but in my opinion Celtic were slightly unlucky not to come away with all three points. Tonights game is different as its meaningless to both teams in terms of prgression to the next phase of the tournament however, for the first time in his tenure I feel Tony has got a settled squad and I feel this has been shown on the team performances, 4 wins on the bounce. A massive difference to the side is that the strikers are finding the net more regulary now, Samaras and McDonald have been on great form and new man Fortune came back from injury on Saturday with a stunning strike to win the game for Celtic, so that will do his confidence the world of good. I havent been overly impressed from what I have seen of the Austrians, they got a good result on matchday 1 against Hamburg but their hopes of progression have basically destructed since then with losses to Hapoel (twice) and Hamburg. They have the worst defensive record in the group by some distance on -6 goals. They have scored only 5 goals in 5 games, and while Celtic have scored one less than the hosts this evening they have also coneded 7 less goals. There is some added tension to this game, for many Celtic fans it is not 'meaningless' as some pundits wish to describe it, for some at the Club it is a chance to show we are a better team and also settle the score for the famous incident that happened between the two clubs all those years ago. :lol Guys like McGinn who has shown alot of promise in my opinion will take this opportuniy (if handed to him) to show to the manager that he is more than able to come into the team and can be trusted. I can see a draw in this game but there is always the odd chance that Celtic can win it. If the odds rise high enough for the away victory I am going to have a little nibble on them aswell but the odds will need to increase high enough. GL all :hope
argh u put me off lumping on rapid vienna, ohhh well lol

Sorry mate, I forgot how bad McManus was, conditions are poor but there is no excuse for the defending we have witnessed in this game, an absolute embarassment. Always go with your own instincts in gambling though
:I guess u should too. I have seen many times u go with scotland teams,i still remember so many times how u argued celtic will win in cl,and uefa,but in 80 percent u tipped them,while they failed in those. tip teams who have potential,no ur favorite.:cheers

Re: UEFA Europa League » Dec 17 After missing out on the 6pm games luckily because i was tempted to go for ajax, genoa v valecia both teams to score. Gutted missed out on Lille -1 8pm kick off ive decided to go for these teams for reasons stated earlier Everton -1 9/4 Paddy Power Everton 8/11 Fenebachce 4/6 Lazio 1/2 Trebles Good luck all :hope

Re: UEFA Europa League » Dec 17 EVERTON I am not one for debating my picks and I am certainly not in the habit of begging anyone to follow me. In fact, quite the opposite. You cannot make money in this game by being one of the sheep. I am an Everton supporter. I opposed my team in a pre season friendly and my winnings paid for my season ticket. I have layed them tonight and have seperate bets on Bate to win at 5/1. I may not succeed because I cannot gauge the attitude of Bate but I believe that I made a wager that represents huge value. What I can say is that it looks like a game of boys against men. Few of the Everton boys are anywhere ready for the Premiership. Our captain tonight is Hibbert, an experienced first team player. He is the weak link though. Ask Sir Alex Ferguson or Stephen Gerard. They always target him and succeed. Osman is another seasoned pro. Just returned from injury. A broken foot and just a few days ago we were told that he wouldn't be ready for a couple of weeks. Sounds like a game to help with his fitness tonight? Rodwell will be a star in the future and an England international for sure. Good enough for the first team already even at his age Yakubu was first choice forward a year ago. He suffered a serious injury and is still regaining his fitness. Almost there. Coleman. Full of promise but very inexperienced. Forshaw (18)and Bidwell (16). Not even considered to be part of first team squad and making their debuts. They are babies and not ready for first team football. Duffy (17) has often been on bench out of neccesity but Moyes was not willing to put him in to a Premiership game even when we were desperately short of defenders. He is therefore not ready either. Baxter (17) another with promise but still inexperienced and only ready for cameo substitute appearances. Agard (20) again not ready for the big time. Difficult to see how you could back Everton with confidence in my opinion. Just wanted to give some detail as others seem to want to put hard earned money on us just because we are a Premiership team. Good luck

Re: UEFA Europa League » Dec 17 maybe ill be proved wrong but why people are piling on everton to beat bate i cant understand just look at celtics team struggle and they havent handed as many debuts out as moyes is about to, add to that if you watched the reverse fixture everton got lucky and won 2-1 with chaill and fellaini rescuing them neither plays tonight cant see past bate on this 1 gl all

Yeah fair enough but I find it very insulting for you to come on and criticise my selection' date=' start posting winners week in and week ouot and then you can insult my selections.[/quote'] U got me wrong,i did not criticise ur bet,only pointing out ur saying:u said go with ur instincts. but ur instincts always on celtic win,or scotland win,i find that patriotic..lol im from bordeaux,but i do not shout or argue bordeaux will win everytime,thought if i had done that,i could have been lucky,as they are on great run. good luck with ur patriotism.

Re: UEFA Europa League » Dec 17 just saw the team of fenerbahce on uefa.com, and could anyone of you guys have look at it and say what kind o team is it, i saw there is guiza, semih snturk and santos ???? are they worth backing them together with villa real ???

U got me wrong,i did not criticise ur bet,only pointing out ur saying:u said go with ur instincts. but ur instincts always on celtic win,or scotland win,i find that patriotic..lol im from bordeaux,but i do not shout or argue bordeaux will win everytime,thought if i had done that,i could have been lucky,as they are on great run. good luck with ur patriotism.
Dont really think you know what your saying but fair enough, enjoy the site