** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

UEFA Europa League » Dec 17

Djordje

Re: UEFA Europa League » Dec 17

I actually agree with you on this, regardless of the team news as it showed yesterday with Fulham it might not matter, i belive Everton will wont to win to build on the confidence on the back of the 3-3 draw with Chelsea, also to pay back the long suffering fans for this season home defeats. By the way Eastern European teams don't do well in England, my concern's are Everton big time players missing might take effect as the game comes to a close, also they might just win by 1 goal Everton -1 2/1 Paddy Power Prices may become even more generous in the morning
In addition BATE haven't played a competitive Belarusian fixtures since the 27th of November. Their last competitive fixture was 2nd December.

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: UEFA Europa League » Dec 17 Similar to last night I will be taking all selections in an accumulator, to keep things simple. All with BET365. Lille OSC -2.5 AH @ 2.56 v FK Slavia Praha. Looking at the odds, Lille's price has been dropping, whilst Slavia's has been increasing. Similar to Heerenveen last night, I think Lille will win quite comfortably. Lille have won their last four league fixtures, scoring four goals in each. They have already beaten Genoa here 3-0, and Slavia know that they can't qualify. Slavia are in poor form domestically with one win in eight league fixtures. Slavia have not won away in European competition in twelve attempts. Benfica v AEK Athens BOTH Teams to score = NO @ 1.72. Benfica have confirmed that they are making changes for this fixture. Fabio Luiz Coentrao, Pablo Aimar, Ramires and David Luiz are all out. Even after the team news I see no reason as to why Benfica can't get the win they deserve to get revenge over Athens. AEK have a very poor record away in European competition, and Benfica are yet to concede a goal at home in the Europa league. Steaua Bucuresti v FC Twente UNDER 2.25 goals @ 1.85. I think that Twente can feel pretty safe here, being two points clear of Sheriff, however they can't take anything for granted. Twente need only to draw, and hope that FC Sheriff don't beat Fenerbache. Given that Sheriff really NEED a win, I don't see that as a certainty. Apparently Twente will be due to play in freezing cold conditions, and heavy snowfall. I always like to play these type of games to go under because of the weather. So far there has been one goal in Bucurest's two home fixtures. I can see that trend not getting much better tonight. Fenerbahçe SK @ 1.7 v FC Sheriff Tiraspol. Similar to the Everton fixture, Fenerbache's price has risen, so I'm more confident in taking them here. Fenerbache have won the last four Europa league fixtures, and they will be looking to give Roberto Carlos a decent send off in his last competitive fixture for Fenerbache. I don't like backing sides to win in these situations when they need a win, and because the odds are rising on the home side, I am happy to take them. Everton @ 1.72 v FC BATE Borisov. Everton's price is continuing to rise, and I might take them on Betfair nearer the game, because they are currently 1.84 :loon Yes, they are making changes, but they can still put out some quality players, and the odds are starting to represent a bit of value. If this was a normal competitive fixture, they'd be 1.40'ish. Genoa v Valencia: Both Teams To Score = YES @ 1.66. Valencia have scored and conceded in every Europa league group fixture so far, whilst Genoa know that they need to win. David Villa returns tonight from suspension, so I can see there being goals in this game, but I can't rule out a 1-1. I can definitely see both sides scoring. Genoa conceded two at home versus Lille already. SK Rapid Wien @ 2.1 v Celtic. This is a meaningless game for both sides, but Rapid Wien are looking to end the tournament on a high. I must go with the home side here, because in truth Celtic have never really been in this competition mentally. They have an abysmal record away from home in Europe, and now they are making changes. If their first team players weren't good enough, I can't see the fringe players coming in and making too much of a difference. Rapid Wien have beaten Hamburg on match day one, so we know they are capable of a result. They also secured a 1-1 draw away in Glasgow.

Benfica Villareal Lazio Not to great odds, about 1.6 but think Benfica wants to ensure his first position, Villareal wants to win because Lazio is getting closer and Lazio got a chance too.
Villareal are through and possibly making wholesale changes, and they are playing the real susprise package of this tournament, who will want to finish with the only 100% record in the Europa league. Lazio are making lots of changes also. Both sets of odds in these fixtures are rubbish to be honest.

Re: UEFA Europa League » Dec 17 For this trip the Spanish club in Austria will be without its two best players in the offensive department: Janko and Tchoyi. Striker Marc Janko (27/12/6), struggling with bronchitis, will be replaced probably dall'antillano Robin Nelisse (15/4/1). The attacking midfielder from Cameroon Somen Tchoyi (29/8/7 and 3/0/1 with Cameroon) is instead left for the holidays with the consent of the company. Also missing are the Cameroon striker Louis Clement Ngwat-Mahop (2/0/0), which was torn in the first Bundesliga against Austria Vienna, and the two defensive Tunisian wildcard Anis Boussaidi (4/3/0 with the Red Bull Jrs.) And Mejdi Traoui (3/0/1 with Red Bull Jrs.) too injured for some time. The two Tunisians are not otherwise present in the lists as well as UEFA the Serbian offensive midfielder Saša Ilić (7/0/0), defensive midfielder Rene Aufhauser (10/1/0) and the Czech midfielder Karel Piták (3/0/1 with the Red Bull Jrs.). Due to the absences have been called by the second team defensive midfielder Stefan Ilsanker (3/0/0, 15/2/2 with the Red Bull Juniors. And 5/0/0 with Austria U21) and the Serbian striker Ðorđe Rakić (2/4/1 and 11/10/4 with the Red Bull Jrs.).

Villareal are through and possibly making wholesale changes, and they are playing the real susprise package of this tournament, who will want to finish with the only 100% record in the Europa league. Lazio are making lots of changes also. Both sets of odds in these fixtures are rubbish to be honest.
Yeah you are right, read it all too quickly

I think under 2.5 in the match of Ajax would be good here
Agree with you here....Weather not looking good + Rsca always have a very defensive approach away, line up should be this : Proto,Gillet,Mazuch,Juhasz,ODS,Saré,Biglia,JVD,Legear,Boussoufa,Lukaku. I was in bar of supporters last nite,they are not too confident about tonite and everybody talks about the big match of Sunday against our biggest rivals....for tonite expect a 2 0

Re: UEFA Europa League » Dec 17 With last rounds 11/12 and yesterdays 4/4 record, I hope I'll get some profit tonight on EL: First system ticket: Rapid Wien Vs. Celtic HOME WIN @ 2.1 (local) Rapid Wien are fired up for this match, and since they managed to draw away against Celtic, I'm guessing that they can use home field advatage and win over Celtic (which is by the way without few key players). Everton Vs BATE Borisov HOME WIN @ 1,71 (local) Everton is Premiership club. BATE isn't. Everton has the quality and home field advantage. 1.7 feels decent enough... Lille (-1) Vs Slavia Praha HOME WIN @ 1,65 (local) Lille's on the roll, and I think Lille will win with at least 2 goals margin. I agree with Jase that they've shown that they can score a lot in the EL. Slavia's poor form is obvious, they'll get their behinds handed over to them in this match. I'm looking for a one-way game. Lazio Vs Levski Sofia HOME WIN @ 1,51 (local) Lazio wasn't too bad agains RBS last round, and I'm sure that they can field a better team against poor Levski, especially in Rome. They probably hate losing in Rome, and there's no reason to lose this easy fixture. Second system ticket: Ajax Vs Anderlecht HOME WIN @ 2,30 (local) There's a lot of talk going on about Ajax letting Anderlecht pass to the next stage with them. I know that Suarez probably won't play a minute. But Ajax IS a better club, Anderlecht is on the ropes since Dinamo Zagreb have beaten them. I like the price, and I hope for some fair-play here. Dinamo Zagreb (-1) Vs Timisoara HOME WIN @ 2,00 (local) I've said enough about this game. So find it if you're interested. Steaua Bucuresti Vs FC Twente AWAY WIN @ 2,00 (local) No real arguments here, Twente will have a tough job cut out for them, so this is really a gamble, going for evens in that situation. Maybe Steaua won't put up too much of a fight, with several first-team players missing. Fenerbahçe Vs Sheriff Tiraspol HOME WIN @ 1,75 (local) Of course, Fener will rest some players (Alex, Cristiano... ) but I doubt that Sheriff has quality to overcome Turks on their home ground.

Ajax Vs Anderlecht HOME WIN @ 2,30 (local) There's a lot of talk going on about Ajax letting Anderlecht pass to the next stage with them. I know that Suarez probably won't play a minute. But Ajax IS a better club, Anderlecht is on the ropes since Dinamo Zagreb have beaten them. I like the price, and I hope for some fair-play here.
really good odds u have here :ok....true we needed 1 point against Dinamo,played crap and lost, it was underserved,it should have been 2 0 at HT.Dinamo deveserved to win at home against us too. Morale is really good at Rsca at the moment,7 points ahead of Brugge(and we play against them at home on Sunday:hope ) and 18 points ahead of Standard...and most important,full squad with Frutos back and showing some great form(scored last 2 matchs).

Re: UEFA Europa League » Dec 17 Zagreb, Lille and Vienna treble @ 5/2 Over 2.5 in Genoa - Valencia (4/5) and Lille - Prague (8/11) Small bet on Hamburg (11/8)m Villareal (8/13) and Lazio (1/2) Apologies for not writing up reasons, am in a hurry so haven't done that much research into them.

Re: UEFA Europa League » Dec 17 Hi guys , been on a bit of a dry run but extremely hopeful I can get back on track with a bet on the team I know best, Celtic. Rapid Vienna V Celtic - Celtic(+1) win @ 1.80 ( William Hill ) 7/10 Firslty I think it is important to clear something up, coming into this game it has been suggested that the Celtic gaffer may rest a few of the big players, with one eye on the Hearts game this Sunday. However this is the squad that Tony Mowbrey has taken to Austria : Boruc, Hinkel, Caldwell, Loovens, Daniel Fox, Fortune, Robson, N'Guemo, Crosas, McGeady, Caddis, McDonald, Samaras, Wilson, Zaluska, McGinn, Carey, McManus, Killen In my opinion only 4 of that squad could be classed as 'fringe' or reserve players - Carey, Killen, Wilson and to a certain extent Caddis. Even so, Caddis and Wilson have both played CL level before and I cant see much problem with them having to fit into the side tonight. I suspect Mowbrey will make one or two changes to the team that won at the weekend but I dont envisage dramatic changes within the personell. Having looked at the squad and decided on possible line ups, I really can see the draw as a strong possibility in this game. Rapid drew 1-1 at Celtic Park in the previoius meeting between the two, but in my opinion Celtic were slightly unlucky not to come away with all three points. Tonights game is different as its meaningless to both teams in terms of prgression to the next phase of the tournament however, for the first time in his tenure I feel Tony has got a settled squad and I feel this has been shown on the team performances, 4 wins on the bounce. A massive difference to the side is that the strikers are finding the net more regulary now, Samaras and McDonald have been on great form and new man Fortune came back from injury on Saturday with a stunning strike to win the game for Celtic, so that will do his confidence the world of good. I havent been overly impressed from what I have seen of the Austrians, they got a good result on matchday 1 against Hamburg but their hopes of progression have basically destructed since then with losses to Hapoel (twice) and Hamburg. They have the worst defensive record in the group by some distance on -6 goals. They have scored only 5 goals in 5 games, and while Celtic have scored one less than the hosts this evening they have also coneded 7 less goals. There is some added tension to this game, for many Celtic fans it is not 'meaningless' as some pundits wish to describe it, for some at the Club it is a chance to show we are a better team and also settle the score for the famous incident that happened between the two clubs all those years ago. :lol Guys like McGinn who has shown alot of promise in my opinion will take this opportuniy (if handed to him) to show to the manager that he is more than able to come into the team and can be trusted. I can see a draw in this game but there is always the odd chance that Celtic can win it. If the odds rise high enough for the away victory I am going to have a little nibble on them aswell but the odds will need to increase high enough. GL all :hope

i need one more game guys has anyone a safe match , i got genoa - valencia over 2.5 goals Lille - prag over 2.5 Lazio - levski home win i need one more help me oput please was thinking betting 100 euro on these matches
if u cant think of anything to bet on then dont bet:D

Re: UEFA Europa League » Dec 17 An interesting fact regarding Genoa-Valencia. According to Marca and As, David Villa won't play tonight (he is not in the probable line-up). It seems he's not even on the bench. This news could change the match perspective, at least from the Spanish point of view, so now I'm leaning towards Genoa +0.25 or even DNB (AH). I'm not sure if the Spanish side takes this game for really serious. Anyway, GL to everyone.

Re: UEFA Europa League » Dec 17 In recent several matches in Turkish league Fener played without their fans in stadium. So , they'll meet their fans tonight. I think its going to be a quite atmosphere. There is no difference between starting 11 and reserves of the team.Besides its a farewell match of Roberto Carlos. I suppose a home win for Fenerbahce .